the slightly pointless ones ttc (sort of!) now thread

(137 Posts)
LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sun 25-Nov-12 22:06:06

Hi everyone,

Originally was waiting to ttc in Dec but we've agreed to start now...currently on cd19 with no pos on opk but still keeping fingers crossed!
Will poas around 9th Dec anyone else?

purpleaura Wed 02-Jan-13 15:21:25

well, a feint positive yesterday was a less feint, but still feint positive today. we've pretty much decided i'm pregnant (!) but we're gonna wait a couple of days and test again just to be sure. i feel strangely calm and confident but i don't think DP will be totally convinced until he sees that dark line. AF is now 6 days late... looking good smile

LondonSuperTrooper Wed 02-Jan-13 15:55:44

Why can't you get a digital pregnancy test? They are very clear with their results.

And how flipping exciting!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

purpleaura Thu 03-Jan-13 04:08:07

Thanks london! Very flipping exciting!!
I can't get hold of a digital test cos I live in China smile (moving back to the UK in February). I've looked in all the chemists I can find and no-one sells them. I am seeing the doctor tomorrow though, so hopefully they can confirm things and set us on the right road in terms of health care. Just a shame that its so bloomin expensive and my health insurance provided my my (stupid and crap) employer is extremely basic and doesn't cover GP visits or pregnancy. Grrr. Take me home, into the safe arms of the NHS!!!

How are you doing today bridget? still thinking about you brew biscuit

Sunshine2013Hopefully Thu 03-Jan-13 14:06:07

Hello ladies, hope ur all keeping well!
I'm just moving over to this thread from the pointless ones waiting to TTC thread. I hav been waiting for 14 months to start trying so I'm now very excited and apprehensive during this our first month of TTC! Fx!

Congratulations purpleaura!! How exciting!

bridget I'm so sorry to hear ur news! U've been a constant support to ppl on this and the other thread, hope we can return the favour! Mother nature is so unfair sometimes but on the positive side at least u know u can get pregnant and hopefully it will happen for u again soon! Xx

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Thu 03-Jan-13 21:52:14

Thank you for thinking of me purple. I don't think I've said a proper congratulations to you and your DP yet...so here goes... "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!" (please forgive me if I've been a bit self-absorbed)

I hope tomorrow's appointment goes well. Will you be back in good old Blighty in time for your first scan?

I am feeling much brighter today (thank goodness - as yesterday I was neither use nor ornament to anyone) but weirdly my AF has pretty much stopped already.

As I was a bit thrown by this, I did a quick internet search and found a 2007 study which unexpectedly discovered that some women actually have lighter bleeds than normal after a chemical pregnancy (especially if it was very short and hCG levels were very low). It made me smile as the authors were clearly as surprised as me.

Hello Sunshine I hope your ttc adventure is short and sweet, especially as you've been patiently waiting so long already. Hmmmm, mother nature is definitely not in my good books at the monent...

MrsWajs Fri 04-Jan-13 02:29:28

Hello TTC now'ers grin

I fell off the thread last cycle and apparently that does the trick. Got my BFP on 27th December smile

MrsWajs Fri 04-Jan-13 02:37:10

Oh god sorry Bridget I didn't read before I posted, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

And congrats purplelaura smile

Off to read some more now...

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Fri 04-Jan-13 08:58:36

Hey MrsWajs that's great news - huge congratulations! Wishing you a very happy pregnancy.

Pleeeeaaase don't say leaving the thread did the trick...I've just decided to hop back on confused

I just wish I hadn't tested early. I would really never have known as I was convinced I hadn't DTD at the right time. This, coupled with events earlier in the year, is making me very worried that I can get BFPs but can't hang on to them sad

flowersfortea Mon 07-Jan-13 11:18:14

Morning ladies. Day off work (supposed to be revising... not much progress though!) so thought I'd check in and see how we're all doing.

How are you? Trying to work out who is still on the TTC band wagon - Bridget, London, Sunshine, me - sorry if I've missed anyone only went back a couple of pages.

Bridget - how are you feeling now?

I'm on day 36 of cycle - no sign of AF yet - tested yesterday (BFN) and strangely feel a bit better as a result - I think because it's helping me to not get my hopes up too much. Found out my best friend is preggers (so that's now pretty much all the married, settled women I know!), really pleased for everyone but had a little cry the night I found out. This TTC thing is making me incredibly emotional perhaps it's a lack of artificial hormones on the pill! In some ways I miss having the regimented 28 day cycle my pill gave me, just wish I knew what on earth my body is up to.

flowersfortea Mon 07-Jan-13 11:19:29

PS bridget - maybe it was a chemical pregnancy ( I think that in the years before such sensitive tests women probably had loads without ever knowing about it, and yet went on to have lots of healthy babies) or a false positive?

LondonSuperTrooper Mon 07-Jan-13 11:22:49

Hey flowers I am TTC. This month is TTC cycle 1 for me. AF is due on Friday but am testing 3 days early tomorrow.

Fingers crossed that AF will not rear her ugly head that you can get your BFP this month.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Mon 07-Jan-13 12:41:24

Hello flowers - I totally understand you shedding a few tears the other night (been there, done that, got the friggin' t-shirt). I'm probably a horrible person but sometimes I don't feel happy for everyone else, I feel downright pissed off and envy.

I am feeling much brighter now thanks. Yep, in my mind I've put it down as a chemical pregnancy. Don't think it was a false positive as I've always had very reliable results on First Responses and, although it was faint, DP could see it straightaway too (without any squinting). Also felt very pregnant for about 24 hours before it all went wrong.

Going to mention it at the doctors (not because I think they'll do anything) but just want it on record given my history.

Hope AF stays in hiding for you and London (for the next nine months in fact..)

Now get back to those books!!! <very stern face and wagging finger>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now