the slightly pointless ones ttc (sort of!) now thread

(137 Posts)
LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sun 25-Nov-12 22:06:06

Hi everyone,

Originally was waiting to ttc in Dec but we've agreed to start now...currently on cd19 with no pos on opk but still keeping fingers crossed!
Will poas around 9th Dec anyone else?

Sunshine2013Hopefully Mon 10-Dec-12 16:27:49

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh loveyou that's AMAZING! I am soooo excited for you! Sorry to hear ur having trouble with ur MIL and settling back in at work but mayb both will b resolved knowing u hav maternity leave in a few months. Mayb ur MIL won't mind muddling thru if she knows it's only for a few more months!

Watever happens don't overlook the amazing fact that u got ur bfp and at first cycle (I think)!

Any tips for us pountless ones trying to conceive first cycle??

flowersfortea Tue 11-Dec-12 22:41:29

Hello everyone! Feeling much less hormonal crazy "first proper period from hell post- pill with bells on and PMS up to here" this week! And back on with the TTC.

Good news - lots of people in RL getting preggers - including a relative and close friend and two colleagues, I'm jealous but overall very good news 'cos a) must be something in the water, hope it helps me, and b) nice to know that there will be people I know going through all this just before us and that if all goes well, there will be company during maternity leave. And, (can you tell I'm trying to be positive here) c) now I know what the 2WW entails so hopefully will be less paranoid/symptom spotting/etc, and, d) only 2 weeks to Christmas which means time off work soon to be had!

In other news, the few sprigs of tinsel hanging from the light fittings isn't really doing it for me. But seems to close to Christmas and working far too many hours between now and then to make it seem worth getting a proper tree. Hmm, might need to persuade the DH to splash out and put one up anyway.

How are we all doing out there? Any more BFPs?

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Wed 12-Dec-12 12:38:07

Hello flowers - I love Christmas trees, so I'd say go for it......you know you want to...

I love adding to our family collection of tree decorations each year. We definitely go for the haphazard look and have a few shockers that - much to my annoyance - Mini Bridget always insists hanging at the front.

I've been doing a bit of thinking and I've come to realise that my DP and I's way of coping with the whole ttc business (and what we have done in the past) is to delude ourselves that we're not really trying that hard. It's a bit bonkers but somehow it 'works' for us.

Of course, posting on a conception board shatters that illusion. So, to protect my bruised heart, I've decided to tip-toe quietly off. I wish you all the very best of luck with your ttc journeys and hope the road is smooth and short. May life be kind.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Wed 12-Dec-12 19:34:09

bridget you have been such a wonderful support to me I sincerely wish you all the best of luck in ttc #2. Completely understand your decision and hope you get your bfp v.v. soon. Xx

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Wed 12-Dec-12 19:40:13

Thank you sunshine, I used cb ov kits and dtd everyday during fertile period. Am sure that doesnt mean anything and many ppl conceive just doing it once but it worked for us plus made me feel proactive for want of a better word.

It feels v.lonely this time round. Mil is still refusing to look after dd full time and my mother said she hoped I miscarried this one during an argument...feel lonely and scared.

TigerseyeMum Wed 12-Dec-12 23:59:07

By Bridget may your hairy baubles bring you luck.

Loveyou keep your chin up girl. Fuck'em, you can do it without them. You don't need negative energy draining you. Take care of yourself.

Feeling a bit meh about the whole ttc thing. I work long hours plus study. I get very tired. Unless we start ttc while I am snoozing I can't see us getting in with it much.

Leafmould Thu 13-Dec-12 23:14:01

Tigers eye, I hope you get your mojo back over Xmas. Do you get a few days off? Will you get to chill out?

I have just come on here to wish the best to all of you, especially Bridget... Understand that it can be tough to keep yourself balanced about tTC, but I'm sure you will, and I hope you will be back to tell us the good news!

TigerseyeMum Fri 14-Dec-12 13:54:58

leaf I have got time off but am vexed because it clashes with AF! I was hoping to relax a little on holiday next week but instead I will be cramping instead of getting jiggy!

My next window of opportunity coincides with a busy period of work plus 2 essays! Argh!

LondonSuperTrooper Thu 20-Dec-12 12:50:29

bridget please take care and do pop in to see us every now & then. I'm sorry that you are not around anymore.

loveyou how are you feeling? Are you more positive now? Have you managed to sort things out with the mother in law?

LondonSuperTrooper Sun 23-Dec-12 20:17:39

Gosh, what has happened to this thread?!

purpleaura Thu 27-Dec-12 03:24:05

Good question london! I think bridget's departure (good luck bridget!) made me think about whether I was helping myself by posting here. I have been driving myself a bit crazy thinking about that bfp all the time. I have managed a few days or so without it being in the forefront of my mind....

...and now its almost crunch time... AF is due tomorrow and I have the beginnings of cramps in my belly. So is it the usual menstrual cramps or implantation? I don't think there's anyway to tell. I will just have to wait and see. I have had a few headaches in the last few days and a migraine too. Its easy to persuade myself that i could be pg, but i don't want to get my hopes up cos a bfn would be so painful.

Going to take a test tomorrow morning with DP. If its negative, does that mean I'm definitely not pg, or is there still hope?

hows everyone else getting on? anyone else suffering in the tww?

PS Merry Christmas!! smile

LondonSuperTrooper Fri 28-Dec-12 19:00:49

purple how did you get on with the test?

I'm ovulating today so looking forward to DTD tonight wink

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Fri 28-Dec-12 20:42:19

Hello, just popping back to see how everyone is getting on. Thank you for all the good wishes.

I hope a really good Christmas was had by all and good luck tonight London. I hope your DS didn't wake you too early on Christmas morning. Mini Bridget was a complete nightmare and woke at 2.30am!!! She was then awake on and off until we finally caved in and let her open her presents at 6am.

No news from me. I thought this cycle was going ridiculously well (managed to DTD on days 10, 11, 12) but then DP was unexpectedly needed in Portugal with work. So we ended up missing all the 'best chance' days.

I know I'm not pregnant (unmistakeable pre-AF boobs) so I'm just counting down the days until we can have another try.

Hope all is well with you Tigerseye and you have had a good break from work and studying. Did you end up getting Loopy any extra presents? Bridget dog spent a happy Christmas day evening tearing her new dog toy to shreds.

Fingers crossed for you Purple

purpleaura Sat 29-Dec-12 04:19:53

Hi london- it was a bfn i'm afraid... still no AF, so tested again today and another bfn! So either AF is just late or possibly i am actually pg but there isn't enough HCG to show up on the test yet. Hmmm. Not sure what to think! I think I just need to keep myself busy so I'm not constantly thinking about it. I haven't given up hope yet...

bridget! hello! glad you had a super Christmas, though Christmas eve sounds exhausting in your house! Sorry to hear your DP missed your fertile period, that is a pain in the bum. you DTD on day 12, so that could do it i guess? you never know. it is all a waiting game isn't it? it's so frustrating. I'm just glad we can come on MN and chat with people who understand exactly what its like!

good luck everyone! fingers and toes crossed for us all smile

purpleaura Sun 30-Dec-12 12:28:44

Still getting a bfn even though AF is very conspicuous in her absence. What's going on?! It seems most likely that I'm not pg and AF is just late. Trying to cushion the blow by telling myself that at least. Not sure how much longer I can stand this! confused

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Tue 01-Jan-13 20:38:50

Any news Purple?

Tested on a whim on Sunday and got a faint positive. Too scared to test again and petrified of another loss.

Raging headache (day and night) since Sunday night.....feel grim

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Tue 01-Jan-13 21:09:21

Bloody typical - go to the loo after posting and find I've started bleeding. Happy New Year's day to me.

LondonSuperTrooper Tue 01-Jan-13 21:42:39

Oh bridget I'm so sorry to hear that. Is that when your period was due? I'm thinking of you x

purple how are you getting on?

Oh and Happy New Year everyone!

flowersfortea Tue 01-Jan-13 23:51:58

Hello everyone.... popping back as have been away from MN for a while! Bridget sorry to hear - funny how AF just comes like that - happened to me when I went to the loo to test 7 days late last cycle!

Fingers crossed for you purple.
Not much news here - 2nd cycle off pill, sore boobs again but similar pattern to the last cycle (longer than pre-pill) so going to wait at least a week before testing if I can hold on to this resolve! Had fun hiding the folic acid from festive visitors....!

purpleaura Wed 02-Jan-13 00:53:07

Bridget- I'm so sorry too. Was it a full on AF? What do you think happened after your feint positive?

I too had a feint positive yesterday- hurray!! DP and I spent a good 20 minutes holding it up to the window and checking, but it was definitely there! Gonna test again shortly and hope it proves our hopes right.

flowers- chuckling at your attempts to hide folic acid! Had to do the same recently, plus pregnancy book and various other items you wouldn't want your parents or extremely nosy friend to stumble across!! grin

x

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Wed 02-Jan-13 07:20:51

fingers firmly crossed for you Purple xxx

AF hasn't started properly but the signs aren't good. Bright red spotting and boobs feel completely normal after aching like mad yesterday. II guess my egg didn't implanted properly or was just rejected soon after. I'm never going to test early again. Feeling very sorry for myself this morning and wondering if it a second child just isn't meant to be.....

DP is trying to be supportive but failing miserably.

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Wed 02-Jan-13 08:39:45

Well, any tiny glimmer of hope gone now. AF has properly appeared. Lovely way to start the New Year!

Just want to get back into bed and cry my heart out, but need to put on a brave face for Mini B.

Guess I didn't do a very good job of not getting my hopes up this time.

purpleaura Wed 02-Jan-13 10:16:15

Oh Bridget, there's no way round it... its heartbreaking. It is so hard to put off the test isn't it? And its impossible not to get your hopes up- we all do, so don't be hard on yourself. Its okay to feel sorry for yourself and have a big cry (when you get some time to yourself). You need to grieve and let out that sadness. Can you talk to DP about how you feel?

But don't give up! There are stories on MN of people getting a bfp after years of trying, so there's always hope. Why don't you try reading some of the MN success stories to bolster your spirits? Get stuck into playing with/entertaining mini Bridget, keep busy and take your mind off it for a while if possible. You will get there, its just incredibly hard to be patient and wait. sad

thinking of you xx

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Wed 02-Jan-13 12:22:29

Thank you for the kind words Purple, I appreciate them.

Hope all is well with you x

LondonSuperTrooper Wed 02-Jan-13 12:53:06

bridget I hope that you are feeling better. I'm not sure what can be said to make you feel better. I fully understand your crushing disappointment. Chin up and just focus on this coming month and getting the timing right. I really hope that your DH will be around at the time of ovulation wink

purple any news on the faint positive?

flowers glad that you are back. Good luck with this cycle.

As for me, I am counting down the days till i can do the pregnancy test. AF is due next Friday so I'll be testing on Tuesday (3 days early).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now