the slightly pointless ones ttc (sort of!) now thread

(137 Posts)
LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sun 25-Nov-12 22:06:06

Hi everyone,

Originally was waiting to ttc in Dec but we've agreed to start now...currently on cd19 with no pos on opk but still keeping fingers crossed!
Will poas around 9th Dec anyone else?

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Fri 30-Nov-12 09:40:41

Morning Creamtea1, I think December is a really good month to give a more relaxed approach a try. Like you say, there is so much other fun stuff to keep your brain occupied with and it would be a shame to let over-obsessing about ttc 'take the shine off' such a special time of year.

I don't think it is ever possible to completely switch off, but taking a more casual approach (even just every so often) I think can help prevent ttc becoming too emotionally draining. It has worked for me this cycle anyway.

I'm definitely going to try to spend the festive period appreciating and enjoying
everything I already have. Although, I will make a secret wish to Santa and, if DP wants plenty of 'seasonal greetings' wink I'll be happy to oblige!

(I love your nickname by the way; it reminds me of sunny summer holidays in Devon scoffing scones)

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Fri 30-Nov-12 12:32:58

LoveYouForever it's lunchtime already. Chin-up, hang on in there, and it'll be the weekend before you know it.

<only a few more hours and you can give Mini Love the biggest squeeze ever>

flowersfortea Fri 30-Nov-12 21:19:42

Evening all.

Loveyou how did you find it?
Thank goodness it's the weekend already (at last). I had a long and grumpy day at work but luckily had bought easy dinner and threatened with dire consequences Asked DH to cook tonight, funny how that can make life seem better! And he found chocolate for pudding :-)

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Fri 30-Nov-12 23:04:38

Thanks for the support bridget and flowers...it was painful leaving dd. Cried leaving her, cried on the train, cried in the toilets most of the day. Please tell me this gets better. I want to quit.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sat 01-Dec-12 20:48:25

Oh LoveYouForever it sounds like it was an incredibly difficult day - well done for getting through it.

I'm the worst person in the world to give advice on this I'm afraid, but I'm happy to listen whenever you want.

flowersfortea Sun 02-Dec-12 15:49:51

Hi girls

Loveyou I hope you have had a good couple of days now and going back to work this week can only surely start to get a bit easier especially as you get into the routine of it. Good luck smile

Well things here this weekend were getting weirder and weirder because I was getting more and more overdue! So studied the pregnancy tests in tescos this afternoon and agreed with DH to do a test today - but then, just as I toddled off the loo with stopwatch and stick, discover AF has arrived in true tardy fashion! So looks like we at least know my body is working post-pill, but no BFP for another month or so. To be honest I'm just glad to know either way, with or without resorting to testing, because it was so strange each day to not have a period yet no real symptoms of pregnancy or other signs to help us know! I hope you girls have better luck this month!

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sun 02-Dec-12 16:47:46

Hello Flowers, nothing like finally buying a test to tempt AF out of hiding - she really is such a terrible tease!!

Glad you are out of that horrible limbo now though, and onwards and upwards for next month.

I'm on cycle day 25 and more certain than ever that I won't be having an August bundle; classic PMS symptoms, very un-pregnant boobs and the start of spotting. It's been a strange month really. On the one hand, my body has been very kind and not tricked me into thinking I could be pregnant. Yet, on the other, it's been rather dull not having the odd secretly hopeful day.

C'mon stork - please, please fly in my direction very soon and stop off at Flowers' place en route!...(LoveYou I'm hoping he's already paid you a visit)

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sun 02-Dec-12 16:50:35

Oh, and it definitely isn't implantation bleeding. A 26 day cycle isn't that odd for me. I sort of hover around 28 days, but a couple of days either way isn't that unusual.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Mon 03-Dec-12 06:54:42

flowers that sucks am sorry af reared her ugly head but at least you've got a short cycle and can try again soon...fx for you. In the meantime enjoy wine and banned foods while you can because it wont be long!

bridget it aint over til its over! Did the spotting stop or turn into af? If it is af am so sorry - treat yourself to some chocolate and look forward to trying again v.soon, at least the wait isnt too long.

You're both so much more practical than me, you have a much better attitude about ttc and you'll both get your bfp very soon!

purpleaura Mon 03-Dec-12 15:39:34

Hello fellow ttc-ers! V excited to be joining this elite group (thanks loveyou for the invite smile ) DP and I have just begun ttc and before now I had no idea that it would be such a long wait for that magic bfp! How slowly can a month go by?! I'm so reassured that there are other people going through exactly the same thing at exactly the same time.

I am very pleased to have had what might turn out to be my last period for 9 months! DP keeps telling me not to get my hopes up, that it might not all happen so quickly...and I know I that he's absolutely right but its so hard not to!!

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for us all. bridget - can you send the stork over to me too please?!

flowersfortea Mon 03-Dec-12 20:35:49

Hi all, thanks for your messages. Massive glass of red wine in hand watching the royal variety performance... And have savoured several cups of tea today! As you said LoveYou, I'm glad to know my cycle has some sort of pattern although would have loved to have a BFP !

Wierd how DH found out about Kate Middleton before me!

Welcome purpleaura join in the fun! I just had my 'first ' 2WW and that was so strange, never been actively hoping for a late period before!

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Mon 03-Dec-12 22:16:05

Just popping in briefly as I have a mountain of ironing staring at me...

Hello purpleaura nice to have you with us. Yes, we are quite an 'elite' group at the moment - I think the title is so cryptic nobody new stumbles in. Oh, I will definitely put a good word in for you with Mr Stork.

Flowers, I feel a bit horrid but I have to confess that my first emotion on hearing about the royal baby was a sharp pang of jealousy.

LoveYou hope today went ok at work. I just think we have different approaches - not better, not worse. I would love to be as positive and enthusiastic as you, but I guess I'm trying to protect myself from too much disappointment.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Mon 03-Dec-12 22:27:27

bridget positive and enthusiastic is amuch nicer way to describe my ttc journey, I would say I'm more insane and obsessive(!) it's terrible as its sets me up for a fall. I too must admit that I feel a bit jealous at the royal news too....(not the extreme morning sickness bit to be fair).

purple are you in the tww now? When will you test? I'm testing around 10th dec unless AF shows up by then (BOO!)

flowers good luck for next cycle, in the meantime enjoy your wine am sure it's not going to be too long a wait.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Tue 04-Dec-12 13:50:29

How is everyone today? Work is shit sad not feeling v.pg today but as bridget pointed out its still early days so trying to feel positive.

purpleaura Tue 04-Dec-12 15:14:36

Evening all and thanks for the warm welcome smile

Hope you can at least see over the top of the ironing now bridget! Sorry to hear you've had a bad day loveyou The next good day will be just around the corner, just put the kettle on and hang on in there brew

I can't believe Kate Middleton stole our thunder!! Still, it might raise profile of hyperemesis which sounds truly truly awful.

I have to admit to being a MN newbie... can someone please tell me what tww stands for? is it the same as 2ww? thanks thanks

I'm not sure when i'm gonna test... I'll be ovulating around the 16th, and I read somewhere that it might take 2 or 3 weeks to show on a test. Does that sound about right to you? Good luck with your test loveyou- the 10th isn't very far away.. exciting times!!

x

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Tue 04-Dec-12 19:04:12

Thanks Purple unfortunately the ironing pile is still quite big!

Yes, "tww" and "2ww" both stand for "two week wait". As a general rule you should be able to test for pregnancy 2 weeks after you ovulated (hence the 2ww)

You'll soon get the hang of the mumsnet lingo - think there is a list somewhere explaining most of them.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Tue 04-Dec-12 19:11:09

I know what you mean about kate middleton, shes going to be skinny with a perfect bump and show us all up grin I was a whale last time!

The waiting to test is doing my head in!

In work news I want to quit and be with dd sad

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Tue 04-Dec-12 22:47:34

Oh LoveYou sorry to hear work is crap. What does your DH think? Has DD settled ok with MIL? Do you think it is 'teething troubles' or more fundamental?

As you ovulated quite late, are you planning to test a bit later than normal?

MrsWajs Wed 05-Dec-12 02:32:13

Ahh so this is where you pountless lot have get to!! Great thread title LYFMB wink

I guess I should join here then since I am now on cycle 2.

MrsWajs Wed 05-Dec-12 02:32:34

errr...got to* That's what I get for being cheeky!

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Wed 05-Dec-12 06:16:16

bridget I was wondering if I should test later...i think I'll test around 9/10th when period is due and if af hasnt arrived test again a couple days later.

Dd seems reasonably settled but dh wont even discuss me quitting work, I do understand we have a hefty mortgage a toddler and ttc but I cant bare it.

mrs welcome! Are you in the tww at the moment?

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Wed 05-Dec-12 10:20:15

LoveYou I wish I could give you some advice but I don't know what to say - I just hope everything sorts itself out, and I'm happy to listen in the meantime.

It is great that DD is adjusting well and - although it is probably little comfort now - the women I know that did manage to juggle motherhood and work are definitely reaping the rewards now that their children are older

Today is cycle day 1 for me. AF, the cheeky minx, decides to start properly and with full-on cramps at 4am this morning after toying with me since the weekend. The Meanie Moo had even got me hoping my spotting could be implantation bleeding after all.

But - YIPPEE - it was snowing when I woke up - that has got to be a positive sign for this cycle hasn't it? grin <look who's being all irrational and totally 'whoo' now>

Big wave to MrsWajs. Glad you managed to track us down. I think LoveYou was a bit tired and bleary eyed when she opened this thread but it makes me smile everytime I read it.

Mythreeknights Wed 05-Dec-12 11:08:39

Hello everyone, how are you all this cold and frosty morning? So, I was watching "15 kids and counting" last night, and I said to DH..."look! - all I want is 3 kids, not 15...so surely we can, you know..." and he grunted into his lasagna.

Bridget I agree - my first feeling was also that of jealousy...!! Although my overriding feeling was of absolute joy that they haven't had fertility issues as having a media invasion into why they haven't yet had a baby would really be the pits. At least we can suffer ours in private (or on MN!!)

So, I haven't managed to read every single post, but have we got any BFPs from our 'elite' (love it!) group yet?

Crossing my fingers for lots of shagging for everyone this month and for that errant stork to bring some bundles our way. xxx

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Wed 05-Dec-12 11:44:29

Lol I cringe at the sp errors(!) I wonder if MNHQ can correct them for me? Cringe cringe...!

Am 7dpo today still no symptoms and certainly no bfp...hate the tww!

mythreekings I'm starting to feel pangs of jealousy when I see films or tv progs with families who have more than 1 child...i only want 2 come on bfp!!

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Wed 05-Dec-12 12:49:04

Oh LoveYou - tsk, tsk, you spoil sport! The thread title has gone all, well, 'normal!'

<Only joking, probably for the best as people were getting lost en route>

I'm about to do some household stuff but I'm just enjoying a quick coffee with a glug dash of Baileys now that I know there is definitely no baby on board to get pickled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now