Cd31 faint positive.....?

(22 Posts)
duende Fri 23-Nov-12 07:50:11

So on Wednesday I did a FRER and got a BFN. After 30 mins I saw a faint line s assumed it was an evaporation line. Yesterday morning did an Internet cheapie, very very faint positive. I was expecting AF yesterday. Today is cd31, I've just done an IC and a very faint positive......
Not sure what to think about it. Shouldn't th line be darker at this stage? Any positive stories...?

JBrd Fri 23-Nov-12 08:52:05

I understand you being doubtful, but I would be inclined to read this as a BFN... Not to get your hopes up, but I'm in exactly the same situation! I'm on CD 30 today, getting very overdue for AF. Tested on Tuesday, it was negative, will test again tomorrow.
Have you considered buying a digital test? They are meant to be very sensitive, and instead of a coloured line (which I always worry can be caused by all sorts of things, like evaporation etc), it just tells you 'pregnant - yes/no', with an indication of how far along you are. They are not cheap, but I reckon justified in a situation like this!
Good luck & fingers crossed!

JBrd Fri 23-Nov-12 08:53:09

Sorry, I meant to write BFP!!!!

I'm too used to writing BFN now confused

duende Fri 23-Nov-12 09:11:33

JBrd thanks for responding. Fingers crossed for both of us then! I can't believe you resisted poas since Tuesday!

JBrd Fri 23-Nov-12 09:22:14

I can't believe it either... But every time I get a BFN, it really crushes me, no matter how much I try to steel myself. Don't think I could poas and then function at work, if it's another negative.

What time of the day did you test, duende? I'm wondering because I tested in the afternoon and I had been drinking lots because I was battling with a recurring uti... So maybe it was just too dilute? But then again, I did use a digital test. This is all so confusing.

This time, I will test in the morning, and at the weekend, at least I won't have to then get ready and go out and be normal. If it comes to the worst, I can just crawl back into bed...

Dillydollydaydream Fri 23-Nov-12 09:27:20

Possibly try a digital job to get a definite yay or nay. Does sound promising though.

duende Fri 23-Nov-12 14:14:35

Thanks Dilly. I bought a CBD on my way home from work and will use it tomorrow morning. fingers crossed!

JBrd Fri 23-Nov-12 18:53:08

Well, I tried a cheapie test this afternoon, and guess what - I got the faint line, too. Faint, but definitively there. Even the second time! Will still do the CB digital test tomorrow, but I think it's a BFP gringrin

duende Fri 23-Nov-12 20:07:17

JBrd that's great news! I will be thinking of you tomorrow when I lock myself in the bathroom with the Clear blue ;)
Let's report here afterwards...

Dillydollydaydream Fri 23-Nov-12 23:37:54

Fingers crossed for your poas tomorrow ladies!

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Fri 23-Nov-12 23:42:42

Good luck OP, keep us posted!

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Fri 23-Nov-12 23:45:12

And good luck to you of JBrd too!

BinarySolo Sat 24-Nov-12 00:02:37

When I was pregnant with DS the line was very faint. Making me test again the next morning to again get a very faint positive. The doctor told me that no matter how faint a positive is a positive as it's only the hormone that makes the line appear. So.....

CONGRATULATIONS. sounds very much like a BFP to me.

Good luck!!!!

For the record mine started off as an 'evap line' on an Internet cheapie, in fact I didn't get a proper solid line until over a week after AF was due, obviously in the mean time I'd tested with a supermarket brand, BFP and a digital, pregnant 2-3 weeks grin

JBrd Sat 24-Nov-12 08:51:13

Yep, BFP, confirmed by digital test! grin

Yay congratulations, best/weirdest feeling in the world!!!gringrin

duende Sat 24-Nov-12 10:15:13

Yay, BFP here as well, on CBD!!
Congratulations JBrd!

JBrd Sat 24-Nov-12 11:32:12

Congrats duende! Here's to late July/early August babies! Is it your first? I've got a DS who is 18 months. Currently looking to buy a 'I'm going to be a big brother' t-shirt for him wink

duende Sat 24-Nov-12 11:47:22

JBrd i also have a DS, he will be four when the baby is born. He was born beginning of August smile
I'm so excited! I'm glad I can talk to you guys about it , it's do hard not to tell people in RL!

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sat 24-Nov-12 12:01:40

Congrats all.round!

Dillydollydaydream Sat 24-Nov-12 14:05:13

Great news. Bfps all round smile

duende Sat 24-Nov-12 14:35:19

Thank you for cheering, ladies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now