The Clomid Crew - Part 2

(1000 Posts)
goldengirl71 Tue 20-Nov-12 14:33:17

"Come on, ovaries! Let's get this party started, yeah?!"

Thanks Meluv and Sarah hello! smile

Meluv I've been Lastbox for a very long time now. Guess the clever name hasn't helped! hmm I was also slightly worried about Clomid aggravating the cyst. I'm meant to have a scan next Thursday, which would be Day 10, to monitor how many follicles so they can see if the dosage is correct, but I will be sure to ask about the cyst. When I pressed the consultant about the cyst, she said I should leave it for the moment and that removing it may damage the remaining ovarian tissue. But, it seems to me that as it grows, it will be eating up that very same tissue! I had an initial blood test and a scan to check follicle count - it was 9. I also have one DS - mine will be 4 in July. So sorry you've been trying so long. sad I would love my DS to have a sibling too. My consultant suggests three months of Clomid and then on to IVF. Best of luck to you.

Fingers crossed for you Sarah!

Meluv Fri 05-Apr-13 14:52:43

Lastbox am not trying to scare u lovely but they have told me if my cyst returns they may just remove the ovary an tube sad that will half my chance then so make sure you ask about cyst lovely ... Do u have to pay cause u already have 1 da I do an to be honest if I had the money I would go on to Ivf right now an cut all this messing out xxx

npg1 Sat 06-Apr-13 23:12:03

Hi kadies. Havent posted for a while. We have decided to give up for a while, although I am now finding it really difficult. No more clomid and appointment end april. Best friend due 8th may, same day as I should have been due witb mine (mc).

Feel v down. On 20mg citalopram for 5 weeks and feel they making no differnce.

barefootcook Sun 07-Apr-13 01:12:19

Is it worth taking Clomid at age 43 and if so, what are the chances of it working? Any thoughts?

Meluv Mon 08-Apr-13 07:19:26

Aw npg big hugs lovely have a lil break and then come back an give things another go this ttc jorney Is so so hard our time will come lovely xxx...barefootcook I believe everyone is in with a chance clomid is a great drug to help with fertility but am not a professional and realy don't no the reasons why u r not being caught naturally so you should get medical opinions first have u already got children ? X

Meluv Tue 09-Apr-13 08:35:29

So quiet on hear now miss golden / viv so much hope you r ok lovely were ever u r xxx

Sarahb8990 Tue 09-Apr-13 09:24:14

Hi everyone! I'm currently cd32 af due anytime now. Just wondering for people who chart their temps how long before af does your temp normally drop? Mine has been at 37.0 for the past 5 days.
Hope everyone is ok, and has their bfp on the way smile x

mumalah Tue 09-Apr-13 09:54:53

Hello ladies, I just thought i'd update. I am cd35 and 17 dpo. Temps are still high, all tests bfn , what's going on? I wish af would come or a bfp ! I'm here in limbo.
I think I should take a break too, it's all getting a bit too much xxx

CaliBee Tue 09-Apr-13 20:33:46

barefoot I got bfp on first cycle in December last year....sadly had a mmc at 10 weeks, I'm back on it now. First cycle post mc didnt work but fingers crossed for this one...I'm 43

Meluv Thu 11-Apr-13 07:24:47

Good luck girls hope use get a bfp am clomid free fr the next two months but never the less am still trying am cd 15 started my bed rocking marathon yesterday they reckon I ovulate later on from 15 / 20 got to give it a go big hugs all xxxx

mumalah Thu 11-Apr-13 07:48:03

Good Luck Meluv , keep us posted !

Sarahb8990 Thu 11-Apr-13 09:09:14

Well I'm now on my 4th cycle of clomid and I'm kinda losing hope about it working now, think I will def have a break next cycle if this one doesn't work

charliedrinks26 Thu 11-Apr-13 12:37:14

Hi all smile just a quick update and a few questions smile I'm on cd 18 on 1st round of Clomid been bed rocking since cd 8 ever other day like our consultant said! ;) from about cd 13 I had some pains which I hoped were ov pains they lasted til about cd 15 and now I have like mild period cramps nothing major but still I usually get it a few days before af due really mild. So I'm hoping all this means the clomid has worked and made me ov!!! I did opk for a few days and on cd 14 in the morning it showed positive but as I have pcos I'm not really pinning hopes on this!I only did it cos I had a few opk's lying around and I'm trying not to stress myself out too much!

I know we're all different but my cycles are all over the place normally and ive read clomid can help regulate you a bit?? what's everyone else's experience with it? Did it make you regular /long / short cycles?!

I need to stop symptom spotting for everything I know !!! Just want know its worked!! Lol

Hope all you taking a break are getting on ok smile this is so stressful and I'm only on cycle 1! So love to everyone smile xxxxxx

Sarahb8990 Thu 11-Apr-13 21:08:23

Hi Charlie
I have pcos and my cycles where anythin from 30 days to 17 weeks! Since I have been on clomid they have stayed about 31/32days
I have also had the cramps like you have said around when I have ovulated so it sounds promising :-)

mumalah Fri 12-Apr-13 10:38:53

Hi Charlie I am on cycle 5, and clomid has mucked all my cycles up. I had a regular 28 cycle. I have had one conformation of actually ovulating one cycle.(cycle 3) I have had a 19 day cycle and i have had a 48 day cycle. currently I am on cd38, temps still high, numerous bfn 's and no sign of af. I was being monitored by scans and bloods until I ovulated, and then sent of with 3 rounds of clomid. I have an appointment in May, but not too hopeful with that. I have one round left to use when af finally arrives. Last time I had to take northisterone to bring on af. Naively, I thought clomid would be a quick fix to solve ttc issues. How wrong was I? Only last night talking to dh we said it had all got too much and agreed it has been a stressful time, i may not even take last round. I think we need to go back to not trying!
It just shows, it doesn't work for everyone. Although there has been plenty of lucky ladies on this thread that it has worked for!
Good Luck to everyone wherever you are in your cycles! smile

Roselau Fri 12-Apr-13 14:23:05

hi all. this is my first time here. first cycle on clomid (2 - 6) after years of wacky cycles.
CD11 got a positive OPK in the morning, went for my scan and had 2 mature follicles and good lining, was given the trigger shot that day early afternoon. I got intense pain in the right ovary just a few hours after the shot which makes me think I ovulated right away (CD11). We BD'd that evening, and the next 2.
Boobs started getting tender and achy almost right away (2/3 dpo) and I know that's from progesterone. Did the progesterone blood test and they didn't call me so I'm assuming it's ok?
If I did ovulate on CD11, I'm now 10dpo. I took an HPT this morning and of course BFN.
here are my questions:
- is it possible that I ovulated that early after the shot? I read that it's usually 12 - 36 hrs, but the pain was really intense.
- my boobs are getting less sore, really now only a bit when I press. But the past couple of days I've started getting on and off lower back pain (not usual for me). What is going on. Am I out, or is there still a chance. In my mind since my boobs are getting less sore, and I had BFN this am, it means I'm out. And I'm really bummed. I have no idea when AF is due since I've never been regular...

charliedrinks26 Fri 12-Apr-13 19:30:58

hi ladies thanks for replying smile sarah- hopefully then it has worked then sounds promising thanks are you still on clomid?! i just hope we've got it at the right time smile
mumalah- i know me and dh was talking last night and he finally admitted He finds it all stressful! (hes normally really laid back and has the mantra that it will happen!)I on the other hand have not been laid back! i have found it all at times too much and at one point had to go on citalopragm for 6 months which actually really helped at the time but dont want to go back to that place! it was horrible! thats what i dont like the not knowing and knowing that it it doesnt work for eveyone! dh thinks im a very negative person anyway but he keeps saying it will work and i keep saying yes but it might not and i dont want to set myself up for a fail so i keep to the mantra that it might not but theres a SMALL chance it will, he says thats too negtive but i just dont want to pin all my hopes on this (think people can maybe relate to that?!) hope your BD pays off for you this month smile
hi roselau smile im not sure how about ov'in after the shot as i havent had that done but with the dpo's and testing you could just be getting bfn as its quite soon after ov and its just not showing yet? i dont think you're out yet its such a pain that both af and being pregnant have the same symptoms! fingers crossed you get a bfp smile keep us posted!

thanks again ladies its so nice to be able to ask for advice and talk to people in the same boat! i dont want to bore my friends with all of this as none of them really understand!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Meluv Sat 13-Apr-13 10:33:52

Charlie clomid has regulated my cycles they were anything from 28 to 40 odd days now they r between 31 & 34 which shows its working in that respect my bloods all showed ovulation but it was hard pin pointing my follies on my scans they say people's follies grow 1 to 2 mill a day but mine don't they stay the same size for a while and just before ovulation they grow quickly its all a mystery to me who luv am enjoying my break although I have bed rocked around the right time but again don't hold much hope I never believe it will happen to me it's always going to be someone else ... Good luck all and mumalh big hugs lovely xxxx

mazzie40 Sun 14-Apr-13 17:18:40

Hi ladies. I haven't posted for awhile. I'm on my 3rd round 50mg and CD 14 so hopefully ov the next couple of days smile, then the 2ww. Sorry to hear you were in hospital melua and glad your ok hun. X

mazzie40 Sun 14-Apr-13 17:20:20

Sorry, meluv. My fone smile x

BlindKitty Sun 14-Apr-13 20:11:09

Hi Guys! Sorry I haven't posted for a while either! I've had a name change (from Soph80).

Not sure if you remember but I agonised over whether to continue with clomid (I already ovulate). I've had a month off this month but seriously wondering about starting again next month. Its so hard to make decisions with so little support from my consultant (she basically said she didn't want to know if I was taking it as she was putting me forward for IUI)

Hope you're all well! Any graduates? x

mumalah Mon 15-Apr-13 12:11:40

Af has arrived, now to i start round 6 or not ? Decisions, decisions!

mazzie40 Mon 15-Apr-13 13:02:24

Hi ladies. I remember you Sophie. I think it's a good idea to take a break from Clomid, I have decided to not to take it next month if I get my at in a couple of weeks. I had acupuncture last week and I'm going again today. I think it's amazing for me, I have had no stress about ttc and I noticed a lot more cm and just generally feel better in myself smile.Mamalah. Sorry af has arrived for you and I know how hard it is when deciding whether to take a break from Clomid. X

mumalah Mon 15-Apr-13 16:11:41

af, surprisingly light? 2nd month in a row, has anyone else had this?

charliedrinks26 Mon 15-Apr-13 20:13:34

meluv thanks smile

mumalah sorry af arrived sad, not sure if this is relevant but my af's are normally quite heavy and last 5-6 days i took my first lot of clomid and it lasted 3 days and was unbelievably light i hardly had to use anything might not of been the clomid as it was my first time taking it but cant really put it down to anything else?!

mazzie hi smile would you recommend acupuncture? im considering trying it and just wondered how you find it?

i think im out this cycle i think i ov'd around day 14 (although cant be sure as didnt temp only used opks and with pcos probs not best to take the opks as gospel!) now on day 22 and have really sore bbs and keep getting slight period pains every now and again, from reading right back on this thread i think im going to temp next month, deffo not use opk's!

love to everyone smile xxx

This thread is not accepting new messages.