The Clomid Crew - Part 2

(1000 Posts)
goldengirl71 Tue 20-Nov-12 14:33:17

"Come on, ovaries! Let's get this party started, yeah?!"

aaLaa Wed 06-Mar-13 14:46:26

Sarahb8990 - I have my fingers crossed for you, good luck holding out to test on Saturday too.

Today I'm starting my first clomid at 100g, hand my scan booked for next Friday, day 11. I have also just bought heaps of opk's and a thermometer so any advice is really appreciated. ie when to use the opk's and what I'm looking for in my temp??? Think I'll need to do a lot oh googling tonight.

Meluv Wed 06-Mar-13 15:17:32

Sarah my fingers r crossed for you lovely and I hope you get a BFP try and keep level headed lovely I have had all the cramps an sore breast an realy built me hopes up convincing myself I was pregnant only to see the af ugly face then I was so down an disappointed ... I hope an pray yours is a sighn of great things to come but what am trying to say is don't build your hopes to high lovely this is a very hard jorney xxx

Annalou84 Wed 06-Mar-13 19:39:01

Hi ladies quick update in 10.5 pounds down in 4 week only 31.5 to go to get me back on the clomid smile

Meluv Thu 07-Mar-13 06:57:26

Well done Anna that's fab luv I have lost 5lbs started swimming last week feel so much better in myself are you still using OPK y u not in clomid because a lot if people seem to get BFP within the few months after they have finished clomid ... I have my scan today can't help but get excited probably all to be let down by the news I get from it but I've got my fingers crossed will let use all no later big waves to all the girls x

mumalah Thu 07-Mar-13 07:46:15

Good Morning Ladies
aalaa Have a look on Fertilityfriend.com , you can plot your tempertures on a chart for free. It explains everything on there, i hope tahat is hepful to you.
sarah Hope af stays away!
annalou Well done!, I have to do something and quick , I have put all my weight back on that I lost to get on clomid, I got my bmi down from 32 to 29, but its gone back up!
Meluv Well done to you too, you both put me to shame ! I need something else to focus on instead of ttc ! Good luck for your scan today!
A friend of a friend has been trying for dc 2 since having dc1 12 years ago was discharged from our fertility unit a few months ago saying that clomid, injections etc had not been successful and there was nothing else they could offer. However after three months later she conceived naturally! She said she had completely given up and didn't even realise her af was late! Just thought i would share that with you all.
Af arrived so starting round 5 today.

Annalou84 Thu 07-Mar-13 12:22:54

Hi meluv I got my 3 cycles from the doctors and they can't prescribe me with any more, so we went private and the consultant won't give me any more until I lose 3 stone. I have been clmid free since jan I'm still using opk's jan I didn't get anything but feb I got a positive but my day 21 bloods showed a score of 18 so not good really

Annalou84 Thu 07-Mar-13 12:23:43

Thanks mumalah I'm focused now as I want to be a mum so much

Meluv Thu 07-Mar-13 15:33:06

Anna lovely keep going look at what mumala said her friend finished all the treatment an months later she got BFP it happens to so many an I hope it happens with you .... Mumalah I need to loose weight for 1 being I want another baby and 2 my sister is getting married in abroad this oct an I am her chief bridesmaid I dreaded getting in a swim suit but now I've done it am addicted to swimming hate missing a day it makes me feel so good in myself and also takes my mind off this heart renching jorney anyway girls I have great news from my scan today so am so happy smile I have 2 good size follies I one on the left at 16mm and another on the right at 13mm so they told me to start bed rocking tonight and through the next 7 days every other day however I was one ahead of them as I started my bed rocking marathon last night I hope this is my lucky month an DP lil swimmers win the race I've got all crossed for myself big hugs girls xxx

Annalou84 Thu 07-Mar-13 15:39:23

What cd are you on??

Meluv Thu 07-Mar-13 16:40:43

An cd 12 lovely I was not expecting good news at all today I was so surprised by it thought I wud over react to 100mg so happy I can't do ok more than bed rock away x when do you girls think I will ovulate ?

Sarahb8990 Thu 07-Mar-13 17:51:11

Hi meluv I had a 16mm follie at 12 days aswel I ovulated day 16 making my cycle 31 days but we all are different so try the opks they will be your best way of knowing x

Alexandra6 Thu 07-Mar-13 18:45:39

Girls I had my 18mm follie on day 18 and think I ov'd on day 19 or 20, is that too late in the cycle for BFP, do you know? Sounds like you're growing follies faster than me (am just glad I am though!)

Sarahb8990 Thu 07-Mar-13 18:56:38

No Alex that's not too late at all everyone is different it will just mean your cycle will be that bit longer

Alexandra6 Thu 07-Mar-13 19:14:32

Hopefully nine months long wink

Meluv Thu 07-Mar-13 21:04:08

What cd r u Alex an Sarah now I can't do OPK it all stresses me out to much x

Sarahb8990 Thu 07-Mar-13 21:07:33

Try and do what I do then, dtd every other day from cd 12 to cd 24. Or when would be best for your cycle. That way your giving it the best chance but not stressing about when your ovulating and if you have done it enough an around the right time etc x good luck

Alexandra6 Thu 07-Mar-13 21:26:58

I'm on cd 21 but as I ov'd (I think/hope) on day 19 or 20 I guess I need to wait until day 34 ish to test?

Meluv Fri 08-Mar-13 15:23:01

That's what I've started to do Sarah from cd every other day so hopefully fingers crossed this may be my lucky cycle ... Alex that is worst waiting for af or thinking will I get BFP hate that wait good look girlies x

Sarahb8990 Fri 08-Mar-13 18:35:37

Well af has shown her ugly face a day early. Well onwards and upwards onto cycle 3 of 100mg
How is everyone getting in?

aaLaa Fri 08-Mar-13 21:46:23

Sorry to hear that sarahb8990, come join the the 100 club. So far not much different from the smaller dose though I woke v sweaty in the middle of the night, yuk.

Meluv Fri 08-Mar-13 22:22:41

Sarah so sorry af arrived lovely try an stay focused r time will come good things always come to those who wait .... Aalaa am on 100mg cd 13 I felt no different on this dose than I did in the 50mg good lovely ladies XXX

mumalah Fri 08-Mar-13 23:18:38

Forgot to say night sweats very common!xxxx

Floweroct Sun 10-Mar-13 18:02:45

Can I join in please I don't think I've posted on here before. I'm on my first month of clomid 50mg had my scan cd12 on Friday and have an 18mm follicle, had negative opks so far any ideas when I might ov?

Also told I had thin uterus lining and so have been prescribed oestrogen anyone else had this?

Alexandra6 Sun 10-Mar-13 18:36:47

Hello flower exciting isn't it, I'm on my first cycle too. We're you ovulating beforehand, do you have PCOS? Your follie size is good! I had 18mm on day 18 so slower growing than yours. I think I ov'd a couple of days later as I had a positive OPK the day after the scan. One thing though, I did clear blue as you get a clear smiley face and it was smiley at 12pm but then negative in the evening so I could have missed it if I hadn't tested twice. Obviously look out for ewcm but I didn't get any, am hoping clomid just dries it up. Going to use conception plus or whatever that fertility lube stuff is called next cycle! I also got stomach cramps and hoped that was ov pain.

On the uterus lining, mine was healthy but I read it can thin so I ate Brazil nuts (heard pineapple helps too) and drank a glass of full fat milk a day (as a choc milkshake!) and ate lots of protein and fruit/veg. Don't know if that helped but thought I'd mention it!

Meluv Tue 12-Mar-13 12:31:46

It's oh so quiet on hear lately come girls were are u all an what's the news xxx

This thread is not accepting new messages.