The Clomid Crew - Part 2

(1000 Posts)
goldengirl71 Tue 20-Nov-12 14:33:17

"Come on, ovaries! Let's get this party started, yeah?!"

npg1 Fri 28-Dec-12 00:55:47

Vivienne, its so hard. I went to see my friend before xmas who is due when I should have been due. I nearly couldnt see her cos I was so worried about seeing her bump!

Can anyone recommend vitamins for DH to take to help with his swimmers and is it worth it?

Meluv Fri 28-Dec-12 07:34:02

Elo to u all vivwestwood I do hope they do your bloods for u Hun u av every right in getting them done when they r supposed to be done so don't give up I no u won't without a good fight Hun can I ask girls an not sound dumb smile what does dpo mean is it day past ovulation ? Well am cd 7 so going to ring today to be booked in for a cd 12 scan an if nowt is showing good enough I will be scanned again cd 17 realy hope there is loads of juicy follies there this time I need to look back on the post on hear I can't remember when I ov last time vivwestwood have me the right cd I ov on x good look all x

Rosiechoice Fri 28-Dec-12 07:56:43

doobeedee you poor thing, I hope you get sorted out very soon, it's all so complicated! Keep demanding what you need though!

vivienne re your chart, have you looked through the pregnancy charts on fertility friend? I pretty much sat for hours looking through them all trying to analyse them throughout my tww, I just popped on now and 1 of the first ones had a drop at dpo 4 and then there was another that was below the cover line on dpo 5, don't loose hope yet, you're still well and truly in the running! I hope you get your cd21 bloods sorted out, I feel your pain on this 1!

Thank you npg1 sorry to hear about your af sad I thought it all sounded so hopeful for you, fingers crossed for this month, round 2 was my lucky month!

Haha, vivienne you really do make me chuckle! I'm glad you feel happy for me, but it is only natural to feel disappointed, it must just be the age thing, after hearing about 8 friends pregnancy announcements it did start to wear pretty thin for me, you just need to keep hoping! I tried to be more positive this month, I was told that if I don't believe I can get pregnant it won't happen so tried to be a lot more positive - I know the clomid was the main factor but positive thinking won't do any harm.

Ahhhh, I don't want to leave this thread, ttc with clomid is sooo different from these lucky buggers who fall pregnant 1st month or worse still by accident! You're a fantastic bunch if ladies and I truly hope you all follow me with BFP's 1 by 1 xx

viviennewestwould Fri 28-Dec-12 14:03:00

Hey, Meluv! How are you, chuck? If I remember rightly you ov'd on CD22 last month. Or was it 21? I got my way (surprise, surprise) at the GP surgery; good old Dr. Ibrahim will personally take my blood on Monday (8DPO). Should think so, too. The fact is I never take no for an answer - especially from the disinterested bitches on reception grin

Rosie, my temp is back up above the coverline (though not by much) but I've decided to cease scrutinising the chart gallery on FF as I truly do not believe they tell us anything whatsoever. In fact, I don't believe post-ov temps tell us anything and they only serve to give false hope. As women who are desperate to have a baby I think it's too easy to read into every little nuance and I'm sick to the back teeth of staring at charts. I have no idea why I continue to subscribe to FF when I know I ov every month, I know the date of ovulation and my OPK tells me when I'm at peak fertility (and for this reason I'm already regretting buying the CBFM when all it does is tell you to shag way too early and for ridiculous amounts of times)

Rosie, is it unforgivably creepy to ask for your intercourse frequency pattern when you fell pregnant? blush

doobeedee Fri 28-Dec-12 15:57:40

Woo Vivienne. You kicked their asses! As for me, still getting positive tests and I think I might feel a bit sick but can't decide if I do or if I just want to! I just want to get in with the next cycle but won't OV until the HCG is right out of my system.

Rosiechoice Fri 28-Dec-12 18:14:36

vivienne I think you do right, I read somewhere that someone said the only thing temping is good for is determining ovulation anymore than that it just messes with your head, they're right! I was convinced I was 'out of the running' this month after 5days of decreasing temperatures hence doing a test a day early, I was shocked! Well done for getting your blood test sorted though!! I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been so successful, I need assertion lessions from you wink

As for my intercourse info I'm more than happy to share it with you, no need to blush just ask whatever you want, if I can help any of you I will!
Here's a link to my chart, I haven't bothered with symptoms etc pretty much only the temperatures and intercourse but I hope it helps xx

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/m/home.php/38eaa4

npg1 Sat 29-Dec-12 14:31:05

I am literally going out of my mind the past couple of days sad

I am on cd6 and already trying to plan when to bd this cycle. I had scans last month that confirmed I ovulated between cd 22- 25, I have a feeling it was day 22. I had ewcm on cd20 (but I only have it slightly.)

This is my second round of clomid, got 1 more cycle after this one and then back for appointment in april and im stressing about what happens if it doesnt work,

My questions are what days should we bd? I was thinking 16, 18, 20, 22?
Is temping really worth it? Im not sure I can handle to pressure as I want to put it all to the back of my mind.

Thanks in advance x

photographerlady Sat 29-Dec-12 21:33:25

Hi ladies I wanted to wish you a happy new year. I am not part of your club as of late but back in October fell pregnant on my first round of clomid 50 mcg after being told that IVF was my only opinion but wanted to try clomid and talked my doctor to it although I had no scans/blood test monitoring scheduled for the first 2 months prescribed. I made a lot of life changes that cycle in hopes to get pregnant long term. The first thing was I went low GI in my eating. Lots of warm soups and stews. I ate nothing raw and went for the warming womb method based on acupunture. Acupunture was the next thing I did. Had about six sessions focusing on fertility. I will be honest so glad I did it really relaxed me after months of being stressed. Finally the clomid. Days 2-6. Started BDing every other day from cd 7 but to be honest we did a lot of making out the whole beginning of the cycle. I had a lot of ovulation pain but honestly with using pre-seed lube it made babymaking a lot of fun. I also used clear blue fertility monitor throughout the cycle and peaked cd 13&14. Got my BFP on cd28. Anyway that's every little detail. It was very much a try everything and just thought I share for those interested in acupuncture, preseed, diet or ovualtion tracking. I'm currently pregnant with 1 little one happily growing at my last scan.

viviennewestwould Sun 30-Dec-12 12:48:08

Npg1, you need to temp. Now! Go on Amazon and buy a basal body temperature thermometer. Then go on www.fertilityfriend.com and join up. You are already going out of your mind - I don't think charting will send you over the edge.

Photographerlady, thanks for sharing and congratulations. I have no faith whatsoever in acupuncture but do believe in the power of drugs and lots of sex.

Rosie, thanks for sharing your chart. I can't believe you had sex 10 times over eleven days shock. Clearly, this is what got you pregnant -well done, old girl! thanks

viviennewestwould Sun 30-Dec-12 12:49:42

Hmmm...*Npg1*, it would seem I've just directly linked you to my own personal charts. Hey-ho! blush

Rosiechoice Sun 30-Dec-12 15:30:20

blush we were on 'a mission' shall we say! Although I did worry about missing the 1 day because it was so close to ovulation, since we got the good news we do wonder if maybe it was good that we missed that day so that DH's reserves could be 'replenished' well hmm who knows!

Meluv Sun 30-Dec-12 22:09:57

Elo lovelies viv am glad u got your bloods done am a bit up wall clinic does not open till 2nd an that is cd 12 for me I need a scan ASAP when it opens I've already started with my bed rocking even though its a tad early lol I want to do all I can this month x

viviennewestwould Mon 31-Dec-12 20:48:21

Happy New Year, lovelies! xxx

Meluv Tue 01-Jan-13 13:02:53

Same to you viv hope u enjoyed your Xmas & I hope this year is full of magical lovely happy times for you xxx what cd r u now Hun am all mixed up lol think am cd 11 today need a scan ASAP x

viviennewestwould Tue 01-Jan-13 16:07:02

Thank goodness you replied, Meluv, I thought all of you had drowned in a vat of mulled wine!

Thank you, yes, we enjoyed a very quiet Christmas (always quiet when you're a recovering alcoholic sad). Hope you had a great time?

I am 9DPO and have the usual very sore nipples (which I never had before I started taking Clomid). Rather annoying, actually. This is the first month on Clomid where I wasn't scanned so I'm waiting for day 21 results to confirm ovulation (although my charts say I have). I should get those tomorrow and I'll report back x

Meluv Wed 02-Jan-13 11:39:00

viv glad u had a nice Xmas Hun we had a quiet one too but very nice big hugs x ... Why r u not being scanned this month lovely ? I have everything crossed for you & will say a lil prayer am not the church goer u think but u do believe in saying a lil prayer babes smile ... Can u please help me luv I no I sound dumb but don't care cause your advise was bang on my last cycle I av just rang clinic for scan & we decided on fri cd 14 for me this is best as my long cycles & last scan was cd12 an never showed a lot .... help me hear my day 21 bloods showed no ov but my day 27 showed I did ov with a score of 32 which they say us fine anything above 30 is good now when do u think I shud start OPK an bed rocking what cd do u think I will ov with them blood results grrrrr hope u can help me V

viviennewestwould Wed 02-Jan-13 12:06:05

Meluv, try bed-rocking every other day from CD16 and when you get a positve OPK have sex that night and the following day. That should cover all bases xx

Meluv Wed 02-Jan-13 13:06:59

R thank u so much V av u had your results yet luv ? Y no scan this cycle for u ? X

viviennewestwould Wed 02-Jan-13 19:02:25

Simply because it was December and she basically admitted she couldn't be arsed near Christmas! Don't blame her, really. Because I'm charting my temps, Meluv, I already know whether or not I've ov'd. I get my results on Friday x

Meluv Thu 03-Jan-13 07:03:00

Well V I have everything crossed for u and I hope this is your month lovely both waiting for Friday for good news then ay u & your bloods & me an my scan xxx

npg1 Thu 03-Jan-13 10:47:32

Morning everyone. I hope someone has some advice! I brought some OPK's and did the first one earlier, cd11 as I wasnt sure when to start. The booklet said based on a 38 day cycle to start testing on cd21 but I thought what happens if I O early. Anyway, I had 2 lines on the stick, the test line im sure was slightly darker but I wasnt convinced. Last month I ovulated between cd 22-25 so surely I cant be O already. I think I may give up with the sticks as its just another thing to think about!

viviennewestwould Thu 03-Jan-13 12:57:19

Npg1, I've heard that, for women with PCOS, OPKs are useless as you will always get false positives? Something like that. I have advised you before to start charting your temperature. It's the only way you will know for sure when you've ovulated and you can watch your temps the following month and time your sex around previous charts.

Meluv, I just got my results over the phone after harassing them! 119.4!! How bloody fantastic is that?! AND, it is 11DPO for me and my temp has gone up!!

npg1 Thu 03-Jan-13 14:01:00

Thanks v, I have started charting today, 98.1 was my reading. I did another test and the line was lighter x

Annalou84 Fri 04-Jan-13 10:07:51

Happy new year everyone. Sorry I haven't contributed much. To keep you up to date my 3rd cycle of clomid wasn't successfully so I have my doctors app today for my referral. Not sure what to expect really. I'm gutted as I don't know how long the wait is for referral, I hate the thought of not being able to have anything to assist ovulation as clomid has helped on the last 2 cycles.

Anyway I wish you all well ok your clomid journey.

X x

Meluv Fri 04-Jan-13 11:44:46

Woo hooo V fan dabi dozy babes that's fantastic am so happy for u wow that's good very very good ... Npg I have long cycles an I ov cd 22 last month listen to Vs advise she is well educated in fertility & no so much she was bang in with my ov days last cycle ... Annalou please don't sit back an wait lovely get on the phone an ask what is happening don't wait for them to contact you keep midering them big hugs lovely ... Well am in clinic at the mo just been scanned waiting to speak to Furt nurse the lady who scanned me says there r a good few follies there an good size too in both ovaries woo hoo am I we the moon will let use no more later grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.