2ww after ivf...longest of my life

(12 Posts)
blondebaby111 Thu 15-Nov-12 10:56:55

Well i'm now starting my 2ww wait after round 1 of ivf. This seems to be the hardest part,harder than any other wait because i know we've both gone thru so much to get this far. We have unexplainned and this was the nxt step.. i'm trying not to obsess over every symptom or lack off but so so nervous right now......eeeeeek!!!!! Probably not helping that i'm back to work til nxt week!!

blondebaby111 Thu 15-Nov-12 10:57:43

not

PoppadomPreach Thu 15-Nov-12 11:02:37

You have my every sympathy as I've been there. It's like you're living in a parallel world, where everyone can see you, and interact with you, but you just feel totally disconnected. You kid yourself that you are focusing on something else, but you're not. We watched a lot of "my name is earl" during this time and I can't watch it now as it takes me back.

We initially thought it hadn't worked, as I seemed to get a period on cd28, but it didn't come to anything and did a test 4 days later (can't believe I left it that long but I was totally convinced it had failed) and got the BFP we had dreamed of.

I really, really, really hope you get this too. It's a long hard journey. Good luck!

blondebaby111 Thu 15-Nov-12 13:39:57

Thankyou poppadom, not being at work this week my dp is being very strict about me taking plenty of rest and to not do anything at all but I think sometimes that makes it worse. Its just a game of luck sometimes and not about what u should or shouldn't be doing! Glad it all worked out for you smile x

GoldenGreen Thu 15-Nov-12 13:55:56

Comedy DVDs. Lots of them. Laughing keeps your mind off it. Worked for me on my second round of IVF - I believe there is some research to say it helps implantation, too! Good luck x

blondebaby111 Fri 16-Nov-12 21:20:23

Thankyou golden green, just been doing lots of relaxing and trying not to obsess over every twinge and cramp..lots of laughing too x

bluer Fri 16-Nov-12 21:50:44

wishing you all the best...laughter sounds a good idea! X

winkle2 Sat 17-Nov-12 14:48:59

Fingers crossed you get your BFP! Make sure you keep us updated.

Good luck!

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Sat 17-Nov-12 18:05:09

The very best of luck xxx

blondebaby111 Sun 18-Nov-12 12:04:29

Thankyou, will keep u updated. We are both praying for a miracle baby x

resipsa Sun 18-Nov-12 14:18:34

Yes, yes - wishing you all the luck in the world! Fx!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now