Elderberry Pavlovas Unite - the over 30s TTC number 1 (thread 2)

(994 Posts)
Bunnygirlie Tue 13-Nov-12 22:55:43

Ladies,  Time for a new thread for us oldies (well not that old) TTC number 1 and our MN friends who have their BFP but are still coming along for the ride :-)

bunnygirlie, 32, TTC since June, AF due end Nov
Winkle, ttc 15 months, BFP due 19/11
Zombies, ttc 2 cycles, erratic cycle, PCOS. Next POAS not before 15 December. 
Pipbin, ttc 15 cycles, BFP due 27/11
BraveLilBear TTC cycle 1 after early mc, BFP due 18/11

Aquarius, 32, ttc 8 mths, bfp due mid dec
Happylass TTC cycle 3 BFP due 8/12
Janey, 38, six weeks pg
Rach, 34, PG 7+5. Booking appointment on Wednesday.
Quod, 33, six weeks pg
HazleNutt 8 weeks pg

Sorry if I missed anyone :-)

twinklestar2 Sun 09-Dec-12 18:45:38

Thinking positive thoughts for you lol!

Mustard - I'm due BFP on 19th Dec. well, at least i thought I was but yesterday and today I'm sure I could see a bit of EWCM so I dtd this afternoon. I thought I had ov'd in tues.

Rache1S Sun 09-Dec-12 20:28:17

Lol My thoughts will be with you on this difficult week.
I have to admit I was very surprised by my official date of conception but apparently it can't be wrong as all embryos develop at the same rate until about 12 weeks. As more and more of us get scans it will be interesting to see when we all actually conceived versus when we thought we had. It could be the case that I am just a freak grin

Mustard I believe as long as conditions are right (no idea what that means? Maybe EWCM so they can easily swim through the cervix?) swimmers can live up to 7 days in the fallopian tubes with the average being 3/4 days, so you seem like you are very much in the game!

I am feeling very excited for you 2WWers! wink

Bunnygirlie Sun 09-Dec-12 22:43:43

Anybody else on ov/DTD week? I'm feeling lonely sad

twinklestar2 Sun 09-Dec-12 23:30:11

I've just finished bunny. Dtd on cd12, 14, 16, 17 and 21 (today).

Hope it worked. That would be the best Xmas present ever.

twinklestar2 Sun 09-Dec-12 23:30:36

That should be 13, 15, 16, 17 and 21!!

Hello ladies, fingers crossed for everyone on the 2ww.
I'm feeling pretty shit today, I've spent all day seeing inlaws etc and having to smile and say I'm fine and no I don't feel 'too sick' and 'I can't complain really!' because I don't like to whine and complain (nothing worse than someone who is lucky enough to have got pregnant moaning on about it) when I really feel pretty crappy and actually feel sick as a dog. Came home and had a little sorry for myself cry then drank my appletizer out of a wine glass to make me feel better.
Someone, please give me a gentle slap and tell me to pull myself together.

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Sun 09-Dec-12 23:42:46

Me too twinkle. CD 10, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 28, 29 of an (expected to be) 39 day cycle. Suspect LH surge was around day 26 but couldn't DTD till before cd 28 sad

twinklestar2 Mon 10-Dec-12 09:11:15

Wow zombie, good work!!

Purple - hope you feel better today. You are allowed to say if you don't feel well!

Mulberry123 Mon 10-Dec-12 11:02:23

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the welcomes. I'm on CD7 so just starting DTD week Bunnygirlie! Really hope it works this time. I was so interested to hear about Rache's conception date info - makes me think DTD week needs to get extended a bit. I've got a 24 day cycle so smiley face day tends to be on CD12 or 13. I'm really hoping these short-ish cycles aren't a problem. Hope all the pregnant ladies are doing okay.
PS Zombie - that's a lot of DTD - fingers crossed for you this month xx

BraveLilBear Mon 10-Dec-12 12:32:50

Hey Purple how are you feeling today? Not meaning to be too graphic but have you actually been sick yet? I only ask cos I feel sick as a dog, on and off, most of the time. But I haven't actually chucked up yet, so I feel like I'm faking it or something.

Have heaved a few times, and feel sick to my stomach. But no yacking. Now I'm not really complaining, but I honestly don't know if I'm imagining this all or not!

As for DTD around conception... we only DTD once around conception, around 36 hours before. Total fluke really (we don't get a lot of opportunity and my mum was coming to stay that afternoon/evening) so we got lucky. I had ov pains on Sunday night. Didn't DTD again for another week. So will be interested to see what scan reveals...

BraveLilBear Mon 10-Dec-12 12:33:35

Ohhhhh I meant ovulation. Dammit.

Also, have everything crossed for the current DTDers and the 2wwers... fx for some Xmas BFPs!

MeanMrsMustard Mon 10-Dec-12 13:38:54

Wow Zombie - dh and I are amateurs compared to you! I hope it pays off!

Well I'm 5 days post ov (I think) and in bed sick. I was sent home from school by the head so I must have looked bad. My body is probably not the ideal host right now :-( Oh well, I will find out soon enough.
Good luck to all the dtders! And hope everyone suffering with Morning sickness Start feeling better soon.

HazleNutt Mon 10-Dec-12 15:49:46

Brave don't worry, I've managed to get to 12+3 with mild nausea only and haven't been sick once.

Hi Bear, no actually upchucking here either but that's not stopping me feeling like hell. Actually did a double take when I caught sight of myself in a mirror today, I think I could be an extra in a post apocalyptic zombie movie without the need for makeup. I've turned that shade of green/grey with bloodshot eyes that only queasy pregnant ladies ever seem to achieve, nobody else can manage that shade of knackered, sick and emotional. Dulux like their funny paint names, maybe I should send them a snapshot of my face and suggest 'pregnant and bilious green' as one of their new contemporary colours?
That said, I'm very aware it could be a lot worse so I'm not complaining, I swear!

(well maybe complaining ever such a little bit but very quietly as I don't want to tempt fate and make it worse for myself)

BraveLilBear Mon 10-Dec-12 16:33:00

Lol at the new Dulux paint colour! I am pale of skin at the best of times, but seem to be oddly translucent/grey at times, too. And to think of all that effort I put in to look like a zombie at Halloween!

I'm kind of relieved I'm not the only non-spewing upduffed. The pg friend I was outed to said at the weekend she hasn't felt sick at all! Just feels tired. And very hungry. Bless her, she was convinced there was nothing there when she went for 12 week scan! All present and correct - altho had to revert to dildocam due to weird uterus. So something else to worry about pre-scan - major league garden tending!

Get well soon MeanMrsMustard nowt worse than being sent home by your boss because you look terrible. Hope yo're not out for too long.

Fx for all the 2wwers - there's been an impressive amount of shagging going on... have sales of 50 Shades been spiking in a town near you guys recently? wink

Rache1S Mon 10-Dec-12 18:35:27

Brave I have only actually barfed 3 times the most impressive of which was a whole curry out of my nose last weekend despite feeling varying degrees of sickness pretty much 24/7.

Bloody hell, dildocam hadn't even crossed my mind! I'm going straight after work on Friday so I won't get much opportunity to freshen up beforehand. I will have to keep everything crossed that they can find the culprit the normal way! I was talking to my Sister at the weekend, who is 22 weeks now and getting quite house-endish. She says personal grooming is nigh on impossible these days and she could do with one of those slidey mirror things they use for checking under cars for bombs. Something else to look forward to along with the piles, varicose veins, etc. confused

I am quite jealous of all the joyous festive shagging going on. I have neither the energy or desire at the moment. Poor DH.

Get well soon Mustard, at least you've got the crucial OV time under your belt before getting ill smile

navis176 Mon 10-Dec-12 18:43:16

twinkle and zombie - are you as impatient as me on this 2ww wait lark??? I feel like I am watching the minutes tick past... have been religiously dtd every other day or two since cd4 (just to be on the safe side grin) cd20 now but wasn't really tracking when ov'd - prob around cd16....here's hoping all our hard work pays off!!

purple - lol, you should def get onto Dulux! Hope you and brave don't feel too rough though.

And mustard get well soon [passes over warm honey and lemon]

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Mon 10-Dec-12 21:23:24

navis trying not to think about it. The more I think about it the more disappointing it will be. (Because I am sure it won't happen or at least telling myself that will lessen the blow of a BFN). I allow myself a few moments of Christmas-BFP fantasy ie what if I got a BFP before Christmas.

Rache, your curry story made me laugh, sorry, I'm sympathetic, I am, but it's FUNNY...and gross.
Nearly as gross as being asked for a urine sample by my midwife, then being handed back the pot with the lid screwed on and the contents intact, and being told to 'take it home, rinse it out and bring it back for next time' Whhhh??? I know there are budget cuts but bring your own pot to pee in? Really?

twinklestar2 Mon 10-Dec-12 21:56:54

I try not to think about it too. It's the only way!!

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Mon 10-Dec-12 22:03:20

Who's POASing next? I am going to try to hold out till the 20th or 21st. Then if it's a negative at least I have Christmas to look forward to.

Bunnygirlie Mon 10-Dec-12 22:15:49

Get well soon mrs I'm also feeling bloody rotten, think it may be man flu and yet I must find some energy from somewhere for DTD week!

Hope all you lovely PG ladies aren't suffering too much, with my IBS I suffer from nausea 75% of my life anyway so I know how vile it is!

TTCers check this out
www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2245829/Have-sex-tomorrow-want-baby-December-11th-named-fertile-day-year.html
Made me chuckle as tomorrow is the day we hope/pray/try to start DTD every other day! Maybe it's a sign lol. Fingers crossed

ChristmAquarius1 Mon 10-Dec-12 22:38:14

Dildocams and barfing curry...ITs almost enough to make me feel better about not getting my bfp just yet! I'm Cd29 and due around cd30-cd33 - POASd this eve and bfn. bb's feeling a lot less sore after a week of soreness and on/off cramping so thinking af due any minute...hmm

Thinking of all you other 2wwrs and hoping someone comes up with the goods for a Christmas BFP!

Pipbin Mon 10-Dec-12 22:38:20

Good evening Pavlovas.
Been away for the weekend and have managed to DTD loads, also I'm fairly sure I should OV in the next couple of days.
I've got the date through for my Lap and Dye which will be on the 18th of Jan, so I'm hoping we manage a BFP this month so I don't have to do it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now