Elderberry Pavlovas Unite - the over 30s TTC number 1 (thread 2)

(994 Posts)
Bunnygirlie Tue 13-Nov-12 22:55:43

Ladies,  Time for a new thread for us oldies (well not that old) TTC number 1 and our MN friends who have their BFP but are still coming along for the ride :-)

bunnygirlie, 32, TTC since June, AF due end Nov
Winkle, ttc 15 months, BFP due 19/11
Zombies, ttc 2 cycles, erratic cycle, PCOS. Next POAS not before 15 December. 
Pipbin, ttc 15 cycles, BFP due 27/11
BraveLilBear TTC cycle 1 after early mc, BFP due 18/11

Aquarius, 32, ttc 8 mths, bfp due mid dec
Happylass TTC cycle 3 BFP due 8/12
Janey, 38, six weeks pg
Rach, 34, PG 7+5. Booking appointment on Wednesday.
Quod, 33, six weeks pg
HazleNutt 8 weeks pg

Sorry if I missed anyone :-)

Bunnygirlie Mon 03-Dec-12 22:21:28

Oh Winkle, this waiting game is horrid isn't it sad

Aquarius1 Mon 03-Dec-12 22:35:09

Hi winkle I feel for you - i felt sad too- had to turn off the Internet to avoid the news- but then I thought about how really those two live in a totally different world to us - eg they probs have access to top medical/nutritional/everything else advice on tap, so how could they not get pg? I can't really compare myself with them. But I do feel a bit envy and sad. Hope you're ok.

winkle2 Mon 03-Dec-12 22:40:48

I have to be ok. I need to dtd tonight.

MeanMrsMustard Tue 04-Dec-12 06:49:21

Good Morning!
I'm glad everything is looking good Blol

I have to admit to feeling a little blue about the royal pregnancy too. Blanket baby coverage on the news is not really what us ttcers need right now. DH and I haven't been trying that long, but have been waiting to ttc for quite a while. A little jealousy is natural I guess.
It will happen for all of us soon. At least we won't accidentally call our dc the same name of Royal baby if it's born a few months later! Here's too the next round of BFPs!

Bunnygirlie Tue 04-Dec-12 08:30:07

Think we need a new list, who is due to POAS this Month or like me just seeing if AF turns up or not!

Bunnygirlie, 32, been trying since june, AF due New Years Eve!!!

Aquarius1 Tue 04-Dec-12 08:34:23

Aquarius1, 31 ttc about 8mths, next due 14 Dec

On v knacketed old iPhone so can't cut and paste v easily

BraveLilBear Tue 04-Dec-12 09:52:28

Your/our time will come soon ladies, though I know how much it sucks. Worth remembering though that it doesn't matter who you are or what access to medical care you have, some things will happen regardless. Let's not forget Beyonce had a previous miscarriage before Blue Ivy.

Yep, they have access to scans etc 24/7 but mother nature's still in charge. Fx for some BFP action here soon to eclipse the sad thoughts.

Rache1S Tue 04-Dec-12 10:40:14

Is anyone else thoroughly sick of the blanket royal baby lack of news coverage or am I just a miserable old bugger? It just seems really disproportionate when there really is very little actual news on the subject.

It is hard enough TTC and being in the under 12 weeks zone without it being thrust in my face constantly. I even saw someone speculating on what she might have had for breakfast in hospital FFS!!

I am genuinely pleased for them, as I am when anyone is expecting, and she has my sympathies over the HG which must be awful, but the media have gone nuts over it when I only think it deserves to be one of those "And finally..." heart warming stories at the end of the news.

Quodlibet Tue 04-Dec-12 10:46:48

I agree Rach, and being cynical, I also think the media deliberately exploit it to usher in politically bad news without us noticing. Let's keep the whole country happy in a bit of a royal-baby glow, and maybe they'll forget that we are dismantling the NHS/cutting maternity and A&E services/are in double-dip recession/have massively expanded the deficit/have slashed benefits to disabled people/don't hava a handle on corporate tax avoidance etc etc etc!

Rache1S Tue 04-Dec-12 10:50:40

Quod I'm glad you've mentioned those. I was going to start ranting about them as well but I was worried I wouldn't be able to stop! grin

Who gives a shit about a trillion pound debt when there's a new heir on the way?

Quodlibet Tue 04-Dec-12 11:07:24

Maybe we should introduce a 'Royal Heir' tax - each and every media mention of the baby incurs a £1 fine that goes straight towards paying off the national debt. We'd clock up a trillion quid in the next 8 months for sure.

BraveLilBear Tue 04-Dec-12 11:10:55

Tbh - I've not seen any of the news. I simply don't watch it. I occasionally have BBC Breakfast on in the morning and occasionally catch 10 minutes of the 6 o'clock news or the regional programme, but I don't watch it. Ironic, really, as I used to work in TV news.

To be fair to them, the news is less than 24 hours old. If they're still doing this in a week, then I agree, it's way OTT. And also agree that other news isn't seeing the light of day as much as it perhaps should.

But there is a political message that will have to come out at some point ie whether or not she's receiving NHS or private care. It will quieten down. In the meantime, watch something else!

I get my news from a variety of websites that I check a couple of times a day. News on demand. means you can pick what you read. Tis the future grin

Sidles in sideways...please tell me this is 'that baby related news story' free zone? Bloody royals stealing our thunder. Any of the other pregnant berries now slightly concerned about their potential name choices or is it just me?
Hope you're not feeling too blue about it all being constantly rubbed in your face on the news TTCers, your time will come x

Rache1S Tue 04-Dec-12 12:15:25

Good idea Purple, we should slot talk of the royal baby along side babydust firmly in Room 101! Unless HRH reveals herself to be on this thread in which case we might make an exception grin

Not too concerned about names as I doubt the kind of boring very traditional names they will be forced into choosing will make it on to our list anyway. Not that we will be calling our baby anything too radical but YKWIM!

HazleNutt Tue 04-Dec-12 12:23:58

Purple I'm certainly concerned as if she's "not quite 12 weeks yet", I might be further along and I actually like all those boring traditional names (I have a somewhat uncommon one myself and it's a total pain). So there is quite a high chance that I pick the same name, just a week earlier, but who would believe me..

escorpion Tue 04-Dec-12 12:37:00

Sending you massive hugs winkle I´m new to this game and it makes me feel pants seeing all the slebs with their pregnancy announcements.

I am still on the 2ww, due to POAS if AF doesn´t arrive around the 10th Dec.
Glad scans are going well for all those who already have their beans. Good luck for all of us waiting and baby dust for all those DTD!

escorpion Tue 04-Dec-12 12:37:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rache1S Tue 04-Dec-12 12:40:45

Hazle You would always be smug in the knowledge that you got there first and that your tastes must work in the same way as royalty smile

Bunnygirlie Tue 04-Dec-12 13:10:38

Oooh escorpian don't mention the bd word!!!

Oh I know! If I see anymore papers, news or hear anything more about it on the radio I will explode! If this is shoved in our faces for the next 6 months I will cry sad. Feel sorry for her having to release it so soon, i expect she wanted to wait for the 12 week scan and tell family at Christmas.

Sorry - I won't mention it again! Consider it a banned subject along with with bd LOL

escorpion, due to POAS 10th Dec

And those who are PG - when are your 12 week scans?!? Can't leave you out

HazleNutt Tue 04-Dec-12 13:30:02

HazleNutt, 34, Twelve week scan on 6th of Dec.

HazleNutt Tue 04-Dec-12 13:37:12

Ok the minute I posted it the doc called nad moved the appointment to Friday the 7th. Well not that one day would matter that much.

12 week scan...still flipping waiting for a date, every time I call they 'haven't got the paperwork yet'. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks though.
I like traditional names so I'm worried, especially seeing as unmentionable babies Dad's name is a 'family' name and a definite middle name for a boy for us so could end up looking really naff. Shan't mention unmentionable royal news again, promise.

HazleNutt Tue 04-Dec-12 14:16:33

Oh regarding names, what are you all (TTC ones too!) plannig to do with last names, if you don't have the same name as DH?

janey1234 Tue 04-Dec-12 14:40:34

Hey all! Back from Dubai for a hectic three days in the office before skipping off to Thailand. It's bloody cold here - feels like I landed back in a different season!

hazle - have you got any symptoms back? I still don't really have any since they disappeared, except occasional nausea at certain smells. Oh and very nearly was sick last night as the plane was landing into heathrow when a three year old on the row in front vomited EVERYWHERE 20 mins before landing, and it stank. Honestly, everyone on the plane was holding blankets and pillows over their noses, I was so nearly sick - but so were my friends who aren't pg! It was gross, stank of rotten eggs...
Name-wise, I think it will be taking DP's name. My surname is MUCH more unusual (but not too unusual IYSWIM) and MUCH nicer, and I promised my Popa when I was 9 I would carry on the family name... but I think it will be a no-go as far as he's concerned. I'm not really that bothered and one of my friends in the same situation said that it was easy for her to bond with the baby having carried it and having to feed it, but that the surname was the only tangible thing for her DP so she didn't want to take it away from him.

rache - I'm really sorry but your puppy vomit story really made me laugh!

TTCers - the unmentionable in the news is driving me mad, so can only begin to imagine how annoying/depressing it is to you sad. Agree it should be banned with babydust here! And good luck for those of you on the 2ww, it drags so much I know....

HazleNutt, 34, Twelve week scan on 7th of Dec.
Janey, 38, twelve week scan on 24th Dec

happylass Tue 04-Dec-12 14:49:45

Happylass cycle 3 AF due 8th Dec

HazleNutt, 34, Twelve week scan on 7th of Dec.
Janey, 38, twelve week scan on 24th Dec

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now