Trying to conceive after mc? Pregnant after MC and seeking somewhere safe to hide? Recently graduated from the mosh pit? Come on down to the mosh pit for some serious metalling and cake part 4

(985 Posts)
Jollyb Tue 06-Nov-12 18:04:38

I've started the new thread - how exciting!!

I hope this thread will bring lots of BFPs, good scan results and healthy new arrivals.

I'd try to forget about it (haha, as if) for a few days. If still no AF, test again. If still bfn, get a docs appointment. I suspect you'll be told that after a m/c your periods will be irregular. I know my due date is much different to what I thought it should be based on LMP - I must have ovulated at a completely different time to when I thought. Good luck x

Clairey2012 Sun 10-Feb-13 10:23:36

Yeh trying not to get too excited bt at th same time its hard not to. Was doing th ov sticks n I ovulated on day 16 ov my cycle, jst need to keep my feet on th ground.lol. My last cycle was 28days to th day so was hoping af was back to normal, who knows tho? Lol. Thanx for advice.x

Dorita75 Sun 10-Feb-13 18:15:55

Hi all, you're in good hands here lyndsey sorry you're here but it's a good place to be when you need support.

Hi MrsHP I'm ok thanks, got pretty bad sickness that hits in the afternoons and evenings but I'm not complaining (as long as it's a sticky one!) also asleep at 8pm every night. Boobs getting bigger so all in all I'm hopeful but at 9+2 know I've a few weeks yet until I can relax (a bit, know I will never relax again!) Hope you get a bfp this month smile

Clairey my AF was a bit iffy after mc, think it comes with the territory, all you can do is have some tests on hand to keep you sane!

It's my birthday today, this time last year I'd just had my 2nd scan that confirmed a mmc. Hoping this year is going to turn out better. Am missing seeing Harry Hill live tonight as feel rubbish but I don't care, just happy these symptoms are around!

Hippymama Sun 10-Feb-13 18:55:57

Room for another one in here?

I had a MMC a few weeks ago. My first scan was on 28/12/12 which showed that the baby was measuring very small (there was some confusion regarding dates, we weren't sure if I was 8 or 12 weeks at that point) and that there was no heartbeat. As there was the confusion regarding dates I had to have two more scans, with the final one on 20/01/13 confirming that I had had a MMC.

I had an ERPC on 24/01/13 so two and a half weeks ago. At first I didn't have any bleeding, but after about 3 or 4 days I started getting very dark brown bleeding and have had that ever since. There isn't a lot of bleeding, but I have bled every day. Is this normal? Or do I need to give the hospital a ring?

We are keen to start ttc as soon as we can as our son is 15 months old now and we don't want there to be too much of an age gap between our children.

Happy birthday, Dorita. Hope this year is a good one for you x

Welcome to the thread, Hippy, always room. Sorry about your MMC. It wouldn't hurt to give the hospital a call, but it sounds fairly normal to me. I didn't have an ERPC, but passed the 'products' (ugh, sorry about the terminology) naturally following medical management. Once I'd passed everything, the blood turned brown and stayed that way for a couple of weeks, mostly lightly. I'd imagine that would be similar for your post ERPC bleeding? Take care x

Dorita75 Mon 11-Feb-13 08:24:48

Thanks backwardpossum smile

hippy I agree that it's probably normal, I bled straight after ERPC and it was dark, once it stopped I had a short period a month later then about 12 days of bleeding a week later....then passed a strange harmless blob of tissue a month later before things settled down. I was sort of concerned at the time but with hindsight, know it's normal and we're all different. You could still ring hospital for reassurance though, won't do any harm and they'll be used to enquiries. Take care x

Clairey2012 Mon 11-Feb-13 13:00:26

Wel got my af today, feel devastated, cried for 2hrs bt had to go to work n put a smile on my face cos with students all day. Jst dnt understand y it hasnt happened for me. I jst feel like giving up so I wnt b obsessing n dealing wit heart break every month. Got nothing else to focus on, like a holiday or summit. My postivity is down th drain! X

notsoold Mon 11-Feb-13 13:19:41

Claire...I normally just lurk but I just wanted to say I am sorry af turning up.....xxxx

Jollyb Mon 11-Feb-13 13:51:08

clairey sorry to hear about AF.

Sorry to hear about AF, clairey, hope this month is the month for you x

Clairey2012 Mon 11-Feb-13 18:04:35

Got meself alot of chocolates n hot chocolate to cheer myself up. Got thru today so can hav a good cry now with my gorgeous pussy cat giving me lots ov cuddles. Cest la vie!

Dorita75 Mon 11-Feb-13 18:42:14

Sorry Clairey it's horrible and mean when you're late and then AF still turns up. I had a 6 day late on in Sept and it really upset me, you start getting so hopeful. Keep at it with the ov sticks, I found them brilliant, bpf after 2nd time. You'll get there x

Clairey2012 Mon 11-Feb-13 18:52:12

Yeh will do, thanks for your support. think i just let myself get my hopes up. wa so happy when i got the smiley face on the ov sticks n went at it like there was no tomorrow, just dont get y it didnt work. fingers x'ed for next time. its just a bloody long 4weeks to wait. wish i could go in a time machine to 4weeks time.x

loopybear Mon 11-Feb-13 18:53:33

Hi I was glad to find this thread. I had 2 mc and 2 ectopics in 20 months we stopped ttc last may deciding dd1was nearly 6 and the gap would be too much plus dh was worried the impact another loss would have on us as family. I was meant to be having coiled fitted in 2 weeks and dh was booked in for snip next month. Got bfp and just feel numb and feel guilty for feeling like this.

Jollyb Mon 11-Feb-13 18:56:55

Ah clairey BFNs suck. Onwards and upwards and may March be your month c

Clairey so sorry to hear AF turned up. It is always more devastating when it is a bit late, as despite telling yourself that you don't think anything of it, you somehow do. Big hugs.

Loopybear - don't feel guilty. Take your time and allow it to sink in and see how you feel after that. How is DH feeling about it?

HJBeans Tue 12-Feb-13 07:49:39

Hi loopybear and welcome.

For what it's worth, I think it's only natural to feel numb at a bfp after all you've been through including having made the definite decision to stop trying. After 'only' two m/c, DH and I had discussed stopping if there were more and felt more uneasy than joyful with the third BFP. Please don't give yourself a hard time for feeling as you do after the emotional ringer you and your DH have been through. As mrsHP says, take time to see how you and your DH feel about this once the shock subsides and be gentle with yourself.

Also, as far as age gap goes, there are over 8 years between me and my only sibling - its a different relationship from lots of siblings, but not a bad one. But only you and DH know what's right for your family.

Sending sympathy and positive thoughts your way. thanks

loopybear Tue 12-Feb-13 21:23:15

Thank you beans and mrs hp. Dh said I need to keep my feet on the ground. Will ring epu next week to book scan and take it from there

Jollyb Wed 13-Feb-13 07:57:08

Hi loopy and welcome. I expect your BFP has come as quite a shock. I'm currently 16 weeks and had made the decision that I was going to stop TTC if I had another MC. 3 MCs in a year had left me completely emotionally drained and I really didn't think I'd have the strength to go through it again. I don't think my DP could either.

I must say the first few weeks were the worst. This wasn't helped by the fact that I had a couple of episodes of heavy bleeding. 5 scans later I'm finally beginning to relax (a little).

We're all here for you. Take it day by day and congratulations.

lurcherlover Wed 13-Feb-13 21:47:30

Hi everyone. Haven't updated for a bit but lovely to read about so many new BFPs. Welcome to those who have just joined the thread. This is a safe and friendly place to hide whilst you get your head round it all and consider ttc-ing again.

I've been having a horrible time at work recently - don't want to say too much on the off-chance that a colleague is reading this, but my new boss is doing a lot of restructuring and I'm one of those who has lost out. I don't know exactly what's going to happen yet - certainly a demotion, I'm just waiting to find out how big it's going to be sad Been getting really stressed and coming home crying, and then stressing more that this can't be good for the baby. I really just want to be on ML now (6 weeks to go) but at the same time if the job situation isn't sorted by the time I go, I know I'll just be really stressed about it and about what job I'll be going back to. Bad times.

Sorry everyone - I'll stop wallowing soon. Really hope everyone else is doing well.

Wallow away on here lurcher that sounds horrid. Hope it is sorted soon. 6 weeks to mat leave - wowsers!

Jollyb Thu 14-Feb-13 11:12:19

lurcher I feel for you . I had a crap time at work during when pregnant with my DD and it was horrid. I ended up going on mat leave at 32 weeks as I was so stressed - crying in the morning etc. Remember your health is the number one priority.

Just back from midwife. Was in two minds whether to allow her to 'listen in'. Glad I did in the end as she found heartbeat straight away. The baby was kicking the probe and jumping around.

Happy Valentines' day. I'm off for a romantic lunch with my 2 year old

notsoold Thu 14-Feb-13 13:20:07

Hi there!!!
I am a lurker here , reading all the posts and not saying much but today I have news....
A bfp! I took a photo of the second test because did not trust myself..
Still a bfp. Although the line was light ( considering I am 5/6 days late it should be darker???)appeared with the 3 minutes.
I hope that ths lo sticks as after a mmc and a cp one is not shouting from rooftops....and I am not telling dh as I don't know if it will go well and his suffering absolutely kills me...so I am sharing here!!!

Dorita75 Fri 15-Feb-13 06:57:56

A line is a line notsoold congratulations!

How are you loopy is it sinking in yet?

lurcher wallow away, unfortunately it's happening everywhere and is something I could face too over next 6months, also due to restructuring, so I do feel for you while it's all so uncertain. Do you know anything else yet?

Am 10wks today, got scan bang on 12wks, 1st March, 2 more weeks for reassurance. Dreamt I was looking after a ghost baby last night so guess you could say it's slightly all I'm thinking about on my mind....

Hope all our ttc-ers had a busy Valentine's night wink

HJBeans Fri 15-Feb-13 07:15:37

Glad you heard that heartbeat, jolly!

Had my first MW appointment on Monday and after usual disclaimer about how they'd take no further action if they couldn't find it and did I still want to go ahead, she found it instantly.

Congrats on your bfp, notsoold, and hope work situation improves for you, lurcher.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now