Trying to conceive after mc? Pregnant after MC and seeking somewhere safe to hide? Recently graduated from the mosh pit? Come on down to the mosh pit for some serious metalling and cake part 4

(985 Posts)
Jollyb Tue 06-Nov-12 18:04:38

I've started the new thread - how exciting!!

I hope this thread will bring lots of BFPs, good scan results and healthy new arrivals.

I didn't get any bloods done after my mmc - I just did hpts (just internet cheapies) until they were negative. x

Dorita75 Tue 05-Feb-13 18:16:09

Me too, just did preg tests, took about a month to get a negative one. Going back to work is a big step Spanishlady but the right one he you're ready, I felt much better going back, had 2wks off after ERPC. Well done!

baclwardposson - how very exciting, hope the ribs aren't too painful!

I didn't do any testing with any sticks, or have any bloods or anything done, but I did end up with an ERPC so maybe that was why? I had 10 days off and agree going back to work is a big thing, good in some ways and very tiring in others!

I HATE the 2ww...

Jollyb Tue 05-Feb-13 19:48:36

Hi spanish as others have said I'm not sure they are that interested in repeat bloods unless they're concerned about an ectopic. 2000 to 500 is a pretty decent fall already so hopefully it won't take too much longer to get a negative hpt - though I suppose your bhcg would have to be below 20 or so for that to happen. Mine took about 4 weeks post ERPC. I've never been so relieved to have a negative test.

kerry I don't know very much about molar pregnancies but I do know that there is a huge spectrum of moles so please don't worry yourself by googling too much .
Hope everyone's ok. Counting down the days for Mrs HP x

Jollyb Tue 05-Feb-13 19:50:32

possum 27th feb sounds a lovely day to give birth. I will toast you from the beach in Brisbane

SpanishLady Tue 05-Feb-13 20:12:42

Thank you for your replies. I have ordered some hpts and ovulation tests (they worked both times I've been pregnant eg got pregnant the first month i used them) so when we are ready to try again I'm prepared!

It just makes me feel a bit more in control.

I hate the 2ww as well!

Clairey2012 Wed 06-Feb-13 17:11:26

Hi peeps, sorry havnt been on much cos been trying to focus on work n less on baby so im not obsessing, hard to do. Yeh totaly agree wit u spanish lady, this 2week waid has dragged!!!!!
Used ov sticks this month and got my smiley face so spend lots of time sexy cuddling with hubby. 3days until im due mu AF, wel hopefully not! lol. the weird thing is that i havnt got any of my usual PMS symptoms like sore boobs, and I alway get sore boobs. weird, hoping its a good sign.
Any comments on this?????? x

MumTumgot Thu 07-Feb-13 11:34:06

Morning ladies just had a quick scroll through sooo many new peeps since I last checked. As others have said sorry u find yourself here but the help and support is priceless ... Feel a little odd hanging out here as I don't want anyone thinking I'm rubbing it in so have kind of backed off mn totally as I'm just not brave enough to join any of the due date 'buses'. But if nothing please see me as hope as I'm now 30 weeks today with a very active ninja! Following 2 mmc and 1 mc all under 12 weeks I know I'm very luckygrin
Hang in there those on the 2ww trust me its good practise for 36/37 wait u have ahead after your bfpsgrin
Those with brand new bfps congrats girls and try to embrace the metalling its not how other ladies who haven't suffered a loss embrace pregnancy but its what we can do
And those in the process of dtd and ttc you lucky things enjoy it all you can with a 30 week bump it certainly is a challengewinkblush
To those with more recent losses look after yourselves and please remember it can happen x

Backwards ? Look at you with cs date already ! Congrats hun hope it all goes well x

SomeDaySoon74 Thu 07-Feb-13 20:00:03

Hi MumTum, I've just noticed your new (?) name. Wow, how things change eh? grin
Spanish - I'm with you on the hpt's. It's nearly 3 weeks since my op and I'm still getting a (not good) faint line. Hoping for a 'clean slate' by valentines day wink!!

buzzybeetop Fri 08-Feb-13 07:07:20

Scan today arghhh! Feeling very nervous, my pregnancy so far has been all about getting over this first hurdle. Hoping to be 8+5. Still having symptoms but I did last time until I had mc at 12 weeks and suspect all would not have been well at this stage. I also have my booking in appt today and dh has a hospital appt so it's a busy day for the medical concerns of the buzzy household. Would have preferred to have left the booking in appt a bit later as it'll be a waste of time if nothing good on the scan. Leaving my green notes to the last minute to fill in, especially the "have you had any bleeding in this pregnancy?" question, seems like tempting fate to tick the no box. Hoping they don't end up slung in the recycling like last time.

Good luck to all the ttcers, and congratulations on getting your scan date backwards!

mumtum how exciting, glad you are doing well.

buzzy hope all goes well today for you and mr buzzy at all your appointments.

Hope those of you waiting for the neg result get one soon!

tasmaniandevilchaser Fri 08-Feb-13 08:16:50

just popping back on to say hi to the old familiar names, I haven't been here much lately

mumtum lovely to see your username change [happy], glad all is going well.

And backward we're not far apart with due dates, I didn't realise (I'm due beginning of May), glad all is well with you too

Hi to everyone else,

buzzy hope your scan goes well today, I know how nerve wracking it can be, keep us posted.

good luck for all those TTC, sorry not to name check I

Jollyb Fri 08-Feb-13 10:07:20

Good luck today buzzy

mumtum great to hear that everything's going well for you. I wish I had a mumtum - am at that in between stage when I just look a bit plump and have enormous boobs.

Hello to everyone else. Mrs HP remind me - where are you now? Must be getting close?

You'd think jolly but oh no day 20..... <drums fingers impatiently>.

Tbh I'm not feeling it this month, DH is away this week, not sure if a few more days would have been helpful!

buzzybeetop Fri 08-Feb-13 16:22:46

Baby with heartbeat measuring 8+4! All good except a small area of bleed outside the sac. Sonographer didn't seem to think it was a problem and is probably just an implantation bleed so trying to not worry about it. At least if I get any bleeding now I'll hopefully not completely freak out. 12 week scan booked for 27th Feb.

Jollyb Fri 08-Feb-13 16:43:05

Fantastic news buzzy I had a similar on one of my early scans which resolved.

Blood hell mrs HP this has been the longest 2WW ever!! Fingers crossed for you

Great news, buzzy! 27th Feb is going to be a fab day. wink

Well, that's my last full week at work done - only have a half day left on Tuesday to get through and that's me. Can't wait grin

Redbird12 Fri 08-Feb-13 19:05:34

Congrats on the scan news buzzy so pleased for you. I think you are just 3 days ahead of me.

I have another private scan in 10 days time and If that one goes well, i will have at least got past the point of when I lost the previous pregnancies. Then 12 week scan first week of March.

The midwife also called me and said the doctors had arranged my booking in appointment too late (as I thought) and she could fit me in earlier. So have that on same day as next scan, like you buzzy hoping it's not a waste of time as it is before the scan. May see if i can move scan forward a day.

lyndsey90 Fri 08-Feb-13 22:23:19

So I just graduated from the Feb bus to the MC thread... Help ladies!! Xx

lyndsey90 Fri 08-Feb-13 22:26:44

Well actually it was the Jan bus....

lynsey sorry you find yourself here, but welcome.

redbird I'm counting those 10 days down with you... And with you buzzy to the 27th, glad the scan went well!

dorita how are you doing?

Clairey2012 Sat 09-Feb-13 15:29:36

Congrats buzzybee bet that has put ur mind at rest.
Need advice, was due today for af bt it hasnt showed itself n dnt think it will, jst no soreness of boobs at all , no spotting ov oncoming period n my cervix is realy high, weird!
Any advice

I guess test? Fingers crossed for you x

Clairey2012 Sat 09-Feb-13 17:28:47

I did n got a bfn, my last pregnancy b4 mc didnt show up until 5weeks n got loads of bfn b4 a bfp. Jst wondered if any1 else had experienced th same thing.x

Clairey2012 Sun 10-Feb-13 09:59:10

Still no af, hmmmmmmm? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now