TTC 10+ months, Part 11

(1000 Posts)
buzzybee123 Mon 05-Nov-12 19:55:46

A very friendly and supportive thread for those taking way longer than they had ever expected to make a baby.

rabbitonthemoon Sun 25-Nov-12 18:30:57

Hello Sunday ladies.

gin hug about the period, agree that it is yet another thing to be endured after the roller coaster building up to it. I think you are doing incredibly well and I'm in total admiration.

art your two week wait has felt long to me so gawd knows how it feels for you. Sorry the prog has mucked up your stomach, feeling bloated is horrible. Nt long now lovely.

supernelly good luck for tomorrow, those wedding plans must be gearing up a notch now, you have special powers!

sar loads of room on my shelf of shit for your things, I've pushed them up there right out the way over the festive weeks smile

madness sounds like your mum has been through a lot. I bet you feel so glad for her that she is moving on. I don't think love gets easier with age does it?

mrsden sorry about ERTD being a tease. It always feels hard in those last few days.

doll are you at a similar point to artemis? I have been thinking of all of you doing ivf and I'm amazed at your capacity to get on with it. I will so much more of a baby. Hope you're ok.

joycep interesting about the antibiotics! Did they make you feel ill?

critter well done on turkey transportation. I'd love to do thanksgiving one day. Please can I come next year grin thank you for your lovely words.

buzzy it's been inspiring to see how you have turned things around. I'm sorry things were tough for you.

Well, not 'trying' is being very nice indeed! Don't get me wrong, there will still be trying but in the traditional sense of shagging without contraception and nothing more. It has been nice to:

Sff - say no more.
Drink without worrying I'm pickling this months egg or indeed an egg brewing for the the next 6 months.
Not take my temperature.
Stop thinking about it every waking second.
To notice I'm prob about to ovulate and shag in spite of my egg, like fuck you egg, I'm not doing this for you grin

And it feels good. This weekend has been full of lovely things including a roast miner out with family with wine and I haven't drunk wine on a Sunday for a very very long time. Yum yum, roast beef, all the trimmings and big fat glass of red. Followed by fancy pudding and a lazy afternoon. I've also wrapped the majority of my presents (international posting waits for no man). three weeks to go and I've got two weeks leave. And after that, at some point in jan, I will ring Dr Big. Bt until then, bring on Christmas. Now, where's my nigella Christmas book...

Luffs to pout euro and anyone missed, lurkers and grads.

rabbitonthemoon Sun 25-Nov-12 18:32:47

A roast miner probably would be a bit tough. Dinner was what I actually had!

buzzybee123 Sun 25-Nov-12 19:05:45

rabbit grin at your roast miner, I'm just writing my overseas cards, I'm glad you are sounding happier smile

gin I was wondering how you were, the nurse was Debbie, she managed to find my vein quite easily but it still hurt sad

art will be thinking of you on Wednesday, I would crack and test before hand, I have no will power

doll When is your testing day??

nelly good luck for tomorrow

well I have 1 day left of my long weekend, had a lovely walk on Epsom Downs today, trying to make the most of the odd sunny day.
Well shag week is over, poor Barry still isn't 100% since his Pseudonymous ear infection, so had to do DIY IUI grin as I'm not really temping i'm not really sure when I have ovulated, I had a couple of smiley faces earlier in the week but not 3 bars on the cbfm hmm oh well never mind, think we've covered it and don't think I could ask Barry for another go right now hmm so now to the 2ww confused

hope everyone had a good weekend smile

rabbitonthemoon Sun 25-Nov-12 19:41:54

There's going to be a rush on turkey basters if this is your month buzzy grin

I just wanted to say I've been taking my vitamin d spray for a week now and my mood is infinitely better. It may just be that it's the safe bit of my cycle but I don't think so. I do think I am a sunshine girl and maybe it does help. It tastes nice too (Hare disagrees as I force him to swallow it every morning). So if any of you are feeling a bit novembery I'd wholly recommend it.

buzzybee123 Sun 25-Nov-12 20:06:40

rabbit I have plenty of basters (syringes) if it does, vit D is great and supposedly helps with migraines too, they are doing a trial on it, haven't heard of the spray

ThatWayMadnessLies Sun 25-Nov-12 20:28:10

Buzzy fascinated by diy IUI. I did contemplate it at about the 18 month stage when the pressure to swi as much as possible was leading to performance anxiety for poor dh blush. We got through it and never got to that point but I have to admit that it sounded good to me. I have lesbian friends who got pregnant (twice) that way so it definitely works for some smile

I am all for the low obsession approach to ttc rabbit. I tried temping for a while but decided that waking myself up in order to take my temperature was a recipe for disaster as it ensured that the very first thing I thought of every day was getting pregnant. Much better to roll over and hug dh grin. I did opks for a long time but once I knew my cycle pretty well I stopped that too. Did a few recently because mid cycle bleeding had confused me about what was af and what was pre-af bleeding/spotting but find it much easier to get on with my life when I'm just focused on eating well, getting plenty of exercise and having sex as frequently as possible around about the right time of the month.

Is it bad weird that I'm looking forward to my surgery because it means that I get an extra week off before christmas???? Really not in the mood to go to work in the morning. Anticipation always worse than the reality though and I'll be fine once I get there.....

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 25-Nov-12 20:36:37

Hello lovely 10+ers!

How have you been? I saw gin's miserable news and sar's tubal removal pondering just on the last few pages. So sorry x2. Not sure what I'd do (except drink, gin, SB and I were abroad for the past two weeks, in wine countries, so a bottle a day kept the doctor away). Big hugs though.

Also impressed noises and fingers crossed for those into the TWWs from hell ivf that is

All is well here, see the drinking above. I did seem to come back to full on work and course and stuff, so I might not be in so much. Hoping to start my next round of not DIY, I hasten to add IUI in December.

rabbitonthemoon Sun 25-Nov-12 20:37:26

madness I feel the same about work at the moment and last year was glad to be off before the lap. Brussels sprouts and post lap gas was a bit shock though! Almost a year on my scar is going white and the whole thing feels like a distant memory. I had glittery red toes and refused to remove them smile. Let me know when the time is right and Ill dole out the lap advice again. Although I guess it will seem really not as bad as your previous op?

rabbitonthemoon Sun 25-Nov-12 20:39:07

LEMON!! Welcome back lovely, you have been missed.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 25-Nov-12 20:51:05

Ta and well done to you for having a break from menkulling, rabbit! It sounds good. We had ample SFF (and SAC - sex against the cold, we stayed in a bit of a freezing old house) over the hols. It has done our relationship some good as well!

ThatWayMadnessLies Sun 25-Nov-12 20:52:09

Ooh lovely Lemon a holiday in wine country sounds fab.

rabbit we must have been having those surgeries at around the same time. My scars are fading too - not sure whether they'll make new ones right beside them or what? Definitely better this time because I'm otherwise healthy. Recovery last time took ages because I hadn't eaten properly for a few weeks (was lovely and skinny after xmas for a change grin) and had to be on scary anti-bs and iron tablets for a while afterwards. This time I just have more time to think about it which isn't always a good thing. Am I not allowed to have glittery toes???? Because I was beyond caring last time I had hairy legs and winter feet blush. Was thinking of treating myself to a pedicure this time.

MuddyWellyNelly Sun 25-Nov-12 21:03:01

Rabbit I definitely get the winter blues, but I think mine are maybe due to more practical reasons, ie I am constantly outside dealing with mud and poo and stuff in the cold dark weather. Glad you think the Vit D is helping. I will bear it in mind for next winter. So glad you are enjoying the break from TTC madness. I think you are doing totally the right thing and hooray for wine on a Sunday. I'm having a wee snifter of contraband prosecco tonight (testing for the wedding) but MrN has had to drink about 90% of the bottle!

Gin, lovely, I'm so sorry you are suffering with AF. You have another shot with the frosty so don't give up yet. I know how hard this is, staring down the barrel at donor eggs. We are all hear for you.

Art best of luck for Wednesday. I am glad you aren't obsessing over every symptom but yuck to tummy concerns. I guess I thought maybe I'd escaped side effects, but hadn't really thought about the progesterone issue. Is it bad that I am far more concerned about sticking pills up my rear end than I am about pumping myself full of synthetic hormones with a needle in my tummy?

grin at DIY IUI Buzzy. Hope it works out for you!

Euro you are of course right I am delighted to be at the stage of even contemplating ET; but it's just typical re the appointments I have booked. We need to revist the venue to decide on how we are going to set up the tables, so we can do seating plans, so can't put it off too much longer.

Oh now I've had this page open so long I have forgotten what was on the other page. In the Nelly house, I nearly forgot to do my drugs last night! Luckily remembered (I think it was because I'd finally made it to see Skyfall and was a little overwhelmed with Daniel Craig gorgeousness smile ). Definitely feeling a little tender. Not sore, just every so often I move and feel a bit "thick" in my belly. So will see what happens tomorrow. Fingers crossed for EC later in the week.

rabbitonthemoon Sun 25-Nov-12 21:12:46

nelly the vit d spray is on amazon. I'm convinced its made me feel better. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

madness the nurse wanted me to take it off, apparently they check your nails to see ..I'm not sure?! If you're turning blue?! But nice anaethasist man said it was ok as it was a short op. I nearly had to have a second lap and wondered where they'd go. Alongside? My second scar got cut over by the big scar and has been subsumed grin.

lemon SAC sounds bracing!

buzzybee123 Sun 25-Nov-12 21:30:16

lemon welcome back,

Buzzy IUI is certainly a shit load cheaper than private and with pretty much the same odds grin

madness poor old Barry has had a crap year with jobs etc so TTC is just an added stress that he doesn't really need, DIY IUI was actually quick and easy plus I was able to get on with dinner grin

the no mail polish is to check your sats/oxygen levels whilst you are under

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 26-Nov-12 06:19:56

Don't diss my paid-for IUI, since it worked once, I am now quite fearful of my first ever TWW with hope towards the end of the month... wink

Can I just say: IT IS SO DARK. I have been waking up naturally with the light for two weeks and this is just taking the piss. I am off to a busy day at work, and stuff tonight so probably speak to you lot much later. But snigger at the roasted miner. Saw that yesterday, still giggling...

akuabadoll Mon 26-Nov-12 06:51:54

madness I was checking in over the weekend too, thought I was the only one with nothing to do blush My fault though because I've been milking the 'taking it easy' issue, and Ken has been compliant. Rock climbing was on again for Sunday, the fact that it turned out to be cold and wet in the mountains alone made me glad that I stayed home.

Artemis I'm sorry to hear of your belly bother, that sounds really unpleasant. Mine is a bit off but not that bad, not nearly. I have have all kinds of minor issues, occasional small cramps, big A cup hurty boobs, generallised laziness...anyway I googled side efforts of progesterone last week and it covers a whole world of stuff. On the upside I have put everything in the progesterone side effects box which I'm finding very handy.

So nelly it's hard to tell how you will feel but don't worry about it, it could easily be little or nothing. Again, sorry art that this is not the case for you. And, oh they are not not always arse pills nelly . The current progesterone babes are doing it fanjo style. In my case there is a lot of leakage leading me to wonder what the hell good it's going to do hanging out in my knickers all day.

rabbit I'm a few days behind art , thanks for asking - art had her ET the same day I had my EC and we both did a 3 day transfer. I'm to do a HPT, a blood test was never mentioned. 'Twas a bit of a muddle but I think they expect me to do it on Friday, they said they will call me and tell me to stop taking the drugs if it's negative. It's a couple of days earlier than the 16 days after EC mentioned by gin

nelly good luck for the scan today and do hope you wet your lips sufficiently on the fizzy. I had a spot of white last night as we had fondue. It would be rude not too, right?

lemon lovely to see you, it seems good work was done on wine and SAC.

rabbit I have the same plan post IVF, for the trying minus the "trying". Of course I have done plenty of that in the past without result but the charting is over for me now I think.

buzzy loving the DYI IUI. I do like a bargain and have looked up how to do it more than once (on MN of course)

euro bad luck re the clash. Hope you mange to move the appointment.

I really should try to work, loves to all I've missed critter pout mrsd sar lurkers and grads. Oh mellow when is your scan again?

mrsden Mon 26-Nov-12 08:46:19

doll I love how calm you sound, if being relaxed is the key then baby dolls will be snuggling in nicely.

art keeping everything crossed for you. Did you have one or two embryos transferred?

Re. Things up the bum. This worries me, far more than it should! Nothing has ever gone up there before. There is so much about this process that is starting to worry me. Injections, internals, blood tests, canulas, ga, suppositories etc, etc. I couldn't sleep last night for thinking about it all. Like you euro I hate being messed about with, I don't even like having massages and facials because I don't like all the poking, prodding, touching. The ec thing really worries me, I have never had an anaesthetic before, it's the thought of being out of control that concerns me.

gin do you get an nhs round of ivf? Do you mind me asking how much the fet costs? Our insurance won't cover fet, so we'd have to pay that all ourselves but the clinic said something like, oh but fet is the cheap bit. I'm impressed you could do babysitting this weekend, I agree keeping busy is the best plan. Although I do think time to mope and cry is important too, you've put your body and emotions through so much. And to have a heavy af is not fair at all. Mine is very heavy flow this time, all I wanted to do yesterday isle on the sofa with a hot water bottle.

joy swi, I have no energy for it anymore. I hope eventually I can enjoy it again, and it not be a big chore. That's really interesting that the smell has gone after the antibs. Watching with interest.

I hope none of you are affected by flooding, I've seen photos in the news and it looks awful. We've had quite a lot of rain over the weekend but the sun is shining today, shame I'm at work and can't enjoy it.

Happy Monday everyone.

ArtemisTheHunter Mon 26-Nov-12 09:03:35

Morning ladies

Nelly good luck with today's scan. Good effort with the wine tasting. I had a little cup of real coffee this morning. just a small one, for medicinal purposes (good for constipation blush) but it was sooooo gooooood. And was sneaking bits of Mr A's posh beer last night. Rabbit is right, you really are Supernelly with the wedding plans and all, I couldn't plan my way out of a paper bag at the moment. I am not doing arse pills either, strictly fanjo for me. I am hoping to get through my life without having to shove anything up my arse. I once had a boyfriend who was desperately into anal to the extent that he would try to slip it in there without consulting me, presumably on the assumption that I wouldn't notice he was in the wrong hole! Knobber

Doll glad you're doing OK. Avoiding rock climbing sounds like a good plan!

Rabbit grin at the roasted miner. We had one of those yesterday, veggie style. One of those dinners where you think 'I'll never eat all that' and then you do, and have pudding afterwards smile. i have never heard of a vit D spray but am going to hunt one out. Mr A is another sun worshipper and gets noticeably down in the winter.

Lemon good to see you <waves>. I'm hating the dark mornings/evenings too. Hopeful for your next round of IUI. If it worked once, it can do so again.

Gin I'm sorry about the heavy painful AF, that just adds insult to injury. I think mine will be like that when it arrives. I'm impressed with your philosophical outlook, it really is just one more step on the way especially as you have a frostie still.

Madness sounds like your mum has had a tough time. I agree with your friend, I'm finding it easier to be working during the 2ww than not. I am scatty and inefficient, but if I had nothing else to think about I would have been driving myself mental these last few weeks.

Someone get the cod out will you? big frozen slab preferably. I woke up at 1am with severe womble cramps exactly like bad AF pain which have continued into this morning. I've had them on and off for the whole 2ww and managed to put them in the 'progesterone side effects' box like Doll but they are so bad now that I'm convincing myself more and more that this cycle hasn't worked. I'm a short LP person normally and am pretty sure that the progesterone is the only thing stopping ERTD making her appearance. Having got up and googled extensively I know there is absolutely no correlation between womble pain and IVF outcome but I'm still feeling scared and panicky. There is bugger all I can do about it but while I know i just have to stop speculating either way and just hang in there, the waiting is really getting to me now. Buzzy i'm not going to do an HPT, I just need to sit it out, if i got a positive I would think it was a false one and a negative would just floor me. Wednesday is a busy day full of meetings so I will have the blood test then try not to think about it yeah right. At lunchtime I will be with a lovely colleague who knows about the IVF so I won't be alone when I ring for the result. Then more meetings, so I will have to put the result out of my mind. Mr A and I have a counselling appt that evening and have agreed to go out afterwards. At least one of us will be able to have a massive glass of wine, I'm hoping it won't be me but increasingly expecting it will be.

I need to go do some work. Sorry for lack of name checking lately, I am thinking of you all. I promise to be less self obsessed after Wednesday and normal service will resume. Hugs to all and thank you for your kind words and support, it means a lot thanks

ArtemisTheHunter Mon 26-Nov-12 09:09:50

x-post mrsden. I had two embies transferred but they were both dubious quality which is adding to my doubts about the whole thing. To reassure you a bit, I have not had to put anything up my bum! I was scared of the whole process too, but once you are in it there is a sense of inevitability about it all and you just take it a step at a time. The poking and prodding comes in short bursts and you do kind of get used to it, unbelievable though that might seem. EC was honestly not so bad, it's sedation rather than a full GA so apart from a bit of soreness I felt OK again the next day and was soon back at my desk.

The flooding looks horrible, I can't imagine how distressing it must be to have to sit and watch while your house fills up with water. We live halfway up a hill but I haven't dared go into our cellar recently, it's damp and dank at the best of times.

akuabadoll Mon 26-Nov-12 09:22:53

Artemis I'll match your womble pain with some of my own. Hang in there. The twins settling in/ERTD trying to break free of the fanjo pills - this too shall pass and very soon. Since signing off to do some work, I have done a total of no work. Just can't be bothered and find myself calculating how many days I can afford to waste rather than doing something about it. Thanks for the knobber detail grin I have a male friend who claims this situation happened in reverse for him and HE didn't realise. Comments? Questions?

ps mrsd you will likely get the fanjo ones too.

mrsden Mon 26-Nov-12 09:26:51

Are the fanjo and the bum ones the same? Can I choose where to put them?
I'm sure this should be the least of my worries.

I would think womble pain could be a good sign as much as a bad one. Pregnancy symptoms are the same as af. There really should be an obvious sign, it so unfair that you have to wait so long to find out.

akuabadoll Mon 26-Nov-12 09:38:48

No mrsd I don't think they are the same. Actually my fanjo ones are oral or vaginal (depending what they are prescribed for, so not a choice as such). Considering these exist it would not hurt asking your doc if you can be prescribed this version. It's weird actually, in some places bum meds seems rather normal. I got some pain meds for little Doll in Europe when he was a baby. They were bum meds, totally normal according to Ken. Was thus revealed that he will pop a bit of medicine up the back door without blinking. Because it's normal.

ArtemisTheHunter Mon 26-Nov-12 10:08:56

mrsden the bullets I've got can be inserted in the fanjo or the bum depending on personal preference. It certainly wasn't the least of my worries, I fully understand your concern! I daresay there are variations on this medication so you could have a word with your consultant and tell them your preference. I don't know if there are differences re effectiveness or side effects, can't imagine so. The fanjo version leads to a lot of leakage, which makes me wonder if it's working, but given the side effects I daresay it is.

Sorry for my oversharing earlier on the knobber ex blush. It was far too bloody early to be thinking about such things. Apparently in the past without reliable contraception the rear door option was used to avoid pregnancy. Baffled at your male friend's experience Doll, you'd think he would have noticed!

I have done a sum total of no work too. I am half dressed, hair half done, and have half written several emails with my tender to finish and numerous other things screaming for attention. So obviously I am on here. Scatty is not the word hmm.

akuabadoll Mon 26-Nov-12 10:35:30

Bullets with options, well there's the answer Mrsm

Artemis I'm glad you FINALLY mention the leakage. I guess it's normal then (based on the survey of 2 - 100%!)

At least I have to go out to a meeting now, as still no work done. Out of pjs purely because of say meeting. See you later......

buzzybee123 Mon 26-Nov-12 11:13:25

lemon I thought it was you dissing me as we have no other option at this stage confused

nelly good luck today smile

mrsd you can chose which entrance you use, most women get leakage from the front and some don't like anything near their cervix during the 2ww, I have to say up the bum doesn't bother me, I can't be doing with leakage and after everything I've been through it has just become second nature, I remember when I had my 2 ERPC's they put something up my chuff to soften the cervix which was quite painful so up the bum it is, I haven't used them for months so tonight will be the first time hmm

art big hugs and fingers crossed for Wednesday

doll when is your testing day??

gin Thinking of you smile

sar and pout I hope you are ok

euro It shouldn't be too hard to change your Create appointment, just remember they run on Greek time, are you having it with Geeta or someone else??

Well I've had an almighty migraine, totally OD on migraine meds so think I'm going to have a rest although Kayla seem to have other plans for me............

This thread is not accepting new messages.