Just Shagging - JSers roll up for fred 12

(1000 Posts)
Kittenkatzen Thu 01-Nov-12 14:03:15

Oh, the other fred filled up all of a sudden! Oh well here's a new one....(horse feel free to replace if you want to be fred starter, just didn't want everyone in limbo!)

Fred rules;

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share wine and brew with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.
Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.
Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce in other posters).
Viroid = This is you, dear poster. The reason for this is a closely guarded secret, known only to....er....well, nobody as far as we can tell!
POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit).
Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.
Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

The link to Part 11 is [[http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1553148-Just-Shagging-The-lazy-TTCers-heaven-this-is-Shaggers-Corner-Part-11 here]

The link to the latest grads thread is here

Happy shagging shaggers grin

Bearface Fri 07-Dec-12 19:06:57

Oh dear - sorry! Just realised how rude that sounded! Arf! Sorry Red. grin

Bearface Fri 07-Dec-12 19:08:18

And the 'mmm' refers to the latte with gingerbread - nothing else! <backpeddles furiously>

AndieMatrix Fri 07-Dec-12 19:17:18

Bear Hahahaha, so glad it wasn't just my dirty mind that thought that sounded a bit naughty.

notsoold Fri 07-Dec-12 19:18:53

Thanks all...I went back and nothing...hoping stays that way.
Thanks for hand holding ...can I have for a wee longer???
Dh is away with work so nobody I can tell as mum knows about the bfp but is elderly and travelling tonight...

Redshoes56 Fri 07-Dec-12 20:11:07

Literally laughing out loud in Starbucks, bear! I think they are ready to kick me out, I've been here for three hours. Somehow getting more done here -- where there is coffee being noisily ground and a stream of hipsters coming in and out -- than at home. I guess as long as I keep buying shit, I can stay.

notso what can you do to get your mind off of stuff while you wait for DH to come back? Crap TV? Crap games on phone or Facebook? Retail therapy?

notsoold Fri 07-Dec-12 21:45:33

red buy crips...it takes reaaaallly long to it them, doesn't it?

I am following your advice and am preparing the nutrition facts, info etc for a client next week and translating everything into Portuguese!!! Got myself busy!!

Bearface Fri 07-Dec-12 22:43:38

Good on you Notso - been to the gym but am back for a quick squeeze of the hand to check you are okay?

Haw haw Red. Laughing to myself! grin I seem to have a disease today as nearly said to Notso - 'been to gym but came back for a quick squeeze'! I've suddenly turned into a cast member of a Carry On film.

Wish me luck for blood test no. 1 tomorrow, ladies! I hate giving blood and everyone wants mine because I'm the special blood group. But have a nice fun time to look forward to with my friends after in London village. Hooray!

Have a great weekend JShaggers. What's everyone up to?

notsoold Sat 08-Dec-12 07:57:40

Bear....I plan to baking a coconut cake....and to study!
Good luck with the blood test today!!!

Thanks everyone for holding my hand but is back to the ttc bit sad
I was not spotting until I got up this morning.... Much heavier and although not filled a pad yet(sorry tmi), it is bright red and I have cramps.
I know my machinery is working at least! Also ovulating so jsing here we come....
It was really important your support. And now...to the awful task of telling dh...
Maybe next time I only tell mumsnet and avoid breaking his heart. I worry he might want to stop ttc if the heartbreak is too bad...

notsoold Sat 08-Dec-12 07:59:03

Sorry I meant bleeding... I started bleeding this morning

Rockchick1984 Sat 08-Dec-12 08:42:58

I'm so sorry notso sad thanks DH will understand I'm sure. Just be prepared that he will need some hand-holding too <<hugs>>

GaryBuseysTeeth Sat 08-Dec-12 09:51:29

(((notso))) I'm so sorry, hope you & DH have a relaxing weekend.
Like you say, at least all the bits are working...and you're more fertile after a mc (hi, I'm proof!) so fingers tightly crossed you get a sticky one asap. x

Good luck for the blood test Bear.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, we're taking it easy & trying to keep me away from google!

Hooya Sat 08-Dec-12 11:19:08

Hey notso so sorry for you, brilliant that you are picking up the good news part (things are working) and carrying on with the JSing.

Gary / Horse still keeping everything crossed for you, here's hoping its early pg paranoia!

Bear , red and Andie giggling at your muffin innuendo grin Bear Hope test went well, let us know how it goes. And tell those bad recruiters to p!ss off, I hate it when they do that, and try to sell the job on some totally spurious grounds, grrr.

Red sorry about ERTD, wiiiiiiitch but fingers xed for next month.

Cookie so sorry about your DH sad hope you can get back on the shaggin' wagon soon!

I am on CD 23, no idea when to expect ERTD anyway as cycles since off pill were 23 days, then next momth pg positive tested on day 28, then 40-something post-MC cycle... so how long is this one supposed to last? Have been at it like rabbits but don't know how long we keep going for!

Having a few wobbles here to be honest, worried about the impact of kid on life again... waiting to see how I feel if not pg this month, should be interesting...

Redshoes56 Sat 08-Dec-12 16:26:09

Oh, so sad notso - stay positive thanksbrew. We have to believe it will be when it is meant to be.

I finally turned in my enterprise plan after 15 hours of nonstop work. Ugh. So tired. We were invited to a Christmas party today but I'm feeling a bit emotionally and physically spent. Think we'll stay home, snuggle and put up our holiday decorations finally. Tomorrow is my choir's holiday concert. That always makes it feel Christmas.

hooya to be honest, I question myself every month when ERTD comes -- maybe it's life telling me something? Do I even really want to be a parent? But then I think about DH and I growing old together, alone, and I want to have family there with us. And I know we'd be awesome parents. So back on the wagon we go!

AndieMatrix Sat 08-Dec-12 17:00:07

notso So sorry. Sending positive vibes your way.

Hooya I'm the same as Red and question every month if and why I really want to do this. I have two children, he has two children (whom we're currently fighting to see) sit this would be our first together but, effectively, number five! Will people think we're selfish/greedy/nuts?? But it always comes down to the fact that I know I could make another child happy, if I ever felt I couldn't then I would stop trying.

Bear Hope the blood tests went well and you enjoy your weekend.

DingDongBelle Sat 08-Dec-12 23:35:07

Hey ladies.

Sorry, not been around much. Feeling very down and dh and me are fighting lots. The new job is awful and very stressful and we are in the house buy chain from hell. And Christmas just got ruined. I've had enough of the world ATM. After last Christmas being so unbelievably awful I was rooting for a good one this year and now I'm not going to get it. Just want to get into bed for a month and cry like a big jessie but I can't <Sigh>

Notso: I'm so sorry. Have an unmumsnetty hug <O>

Hey everyone else. Hope you're all ok.

notsoold Sun 09-Dec-12 10:54:20

Hi !!!
Again questions for you all (sorry for being a bore!) and way TMI for which I apologise!!! please help?

I bled yesterday (a NORMAL pad every 4 hours) and last night (a night pad) and up to now ( a pad for 2 hours and still fine). Cramps were the same as during normal period but bleeding is wwaaayyy lighter (for me, anyway). Last night and today should have already been heavier and with clots, but I passed only a small one yesterday in the evening.

Symptoms are all gone (sore boobs and nausea)...
But I trailled Dr google ( I know, I know....) and seems to be those that went through this and had a babba in the end... is it true???

Should I go back to Agnus castus today -as I was told by the holland and barrett people or is there a small hope of a sticky bean?? I am concerned to take it and if by any chance I am still pregnant I will lose it... on the other hand Agnus castus would help to remove any clots and tidy things up (sorry if wrong expression!) and I would not be bleeding for too long....

help???

Bearface Sun 09-Dec-12 11:11:47

Notso - really sorry - hope you are okay. Sending you virtual hugs and thanks Glad though that the machinery is working, as you said. Hope the cake was yum. Hang in there - I really hope it happens for you soon. x

Ding - yes, not heard from you recently and was hoping that you are okay. Sorry that you're having such a rough time of it. Is there any way that when the holidays roll round you can get some time away with you and DH to try and sort things out? Is there any way that you can save Christmas? Obviously I don't know what's happened, but I'm sure you can salvage it in some way even if it doesn't turn out how you planned. And with the job, remember you don't have to stay and can start looking for something else soon, so that maybe you could get a different job for September. Don't give up, Ding. There's always a way. Sending you hugs.

Red - have a good rest after all your hard work.

Hooya and Andie - hang in there too. I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.

Cookie - hope you can get on the waggon again soon.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Blood test was fine and I didn't cry. DH said he could hear me giggling with the nurse from down the corridor - I don't remember doing that myself although maybe I was laughing about having to literally climb into the seat. I am small, as you know, but this was ridiculous and the nurse said the electrics hadn't been connected to the chair. It was at its highest so little Bearface was clambering up onto the chair like it was a horse! smile Got another blood test soon. Had a lovely time in London yesterday with friends and then hit the pub in the evening with DH. Also found a job to apply for that is a maternity cover, so all looking up for me.

Bearface Sun 09-Dec-12 11:16:13

Hi Notso - I have no idea. Sorry I can't be of any use, but I have no experience of it. Hopefully someone else can help. Just thought I'd say as I'm on here and otherwise it would have looked like I was ignoring you. I don't know, but maybe you could try NHS Direct for some advice?

LadyFlumpalot Sun 09-Dec-12 11:29:31

Notso Personally I would hold off the medicine for a week, then POAS and see what it says and go from there. I have heard of a few people that have had massive bleeds and have gone on to have healthy babies, but they are always "a friend of mines aunts cousin" and never first hand accounts. Sending massive hugs your way. (((())))

ERTD arrived today, exactly 28 days after my miscarriage started. How's that for precise?!

At least I know my cycle is back up and running ok. I am the rare person with an exact 28 day cycle and a day 14 ovulation. Hoping I can nail it next cycle.

notsoold Sun 09-Dec-12 12:51:25

Bear thanks hun smile
lady that is really good clock work, I am envious...! Thanks for the hugs and I agree that not a living soul has (yet) said "it happened to me!!"

Maybe I am just grabbing any tiny little hope!!

ding sorry for your hard time, hun!!! It can be so stressful to go thorugh that sort of thing!I totally second bear.... sending you good vibes!!

hooya I think that raising that question as a healthy thing to do, otherwise would be just Stubborness (is that such a word?? I am guilty of that smile)...here among others in thi quest for a LO is a good plataform to raise that sort of questions !smile

My DD is now saying that her and her fiancee (both 18) do not ever want children. They are saying that theyplan to get old and be the " old lesbians with just cats for babies" . Things you hear from children!!! Mind you last month they said they were emmigrating...so :?

GaryBuseysTeeth Sun 09-Dec-12 13:29:17

notso, have you taken another pg test recently? I would give it a few days/week & see if you get a bfn just to be on the pessamistic safe side.
I had a bfn on the 2nd day of bleeding for my mc, but continued bleeding for 8 days after that.

I remember telling DH when we first got engaged that I never wanted children, so I think you'll be a Nana to more than just 'fur babies' at somepoint!

wine for ding, that sounds really shitty. Hope at some point, something lets up & you're less stressed.

bear, hurrah! all sounds good with you, very pleased!

Lady, glad mc hasn't ruined your cycle, good luck for next cycle!

LadyFlumpalot Sun 09-Dec-12 21:32:38

Hmmm, so ERTD hasn't actually materialised. Just some pale brown this morning when I went to the loo. No cramps either..

I will not pee on or n anything for another few days though...

Bearface Sun 09-Dec-12 22:28:23

You have much restraint Lady - I'd have done at least 3 by now!

CallMeTuddles Sun 09-Dec-12 22:45:39

Sorry, I got lost for a while. But now I've found you all again by accident

Had a lot happening recently (my nan passed away in October) an other things so haven't even been on much.

Still no BFP sad

<orf to catch up>

CallMeTuddles Sun 09-Dec-12 22:50:13

Just realised I posted on old Fred as LadyJeanHearneTuddles and I'm no longer London/Kent, I'm just Kent now

This thread is not accepting new messages.