Just Shagging - JSers roll up for fred 12

(1000 Posts)
Kittenkatzen Thu 01-Nov-12 14:03:15

Oh, the other fred filled up all of a sudden! Oh well here's a new one....(horse feel free to replace if you want to be fred starter, just didn't want everyone in limbo!)

Fred rules;

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share wine and brew with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.
Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.
Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce in other posters).
Viroid = This is you, dear poster. The reason for this is a closely guarded secret, known only to....er....well, nobody as far as we can tell!
POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit).
Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.
Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

The link to Part 11 is [[http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1553148-Just-Shagging-The-lazy-TTCers-heaven-this-is-Shaggers-Corner-Part-11 here]

The link to the latest grads thread is here

Happy shagging shaggers grin

MrsBri Mon 03-Dec-12 18:10:20

Frog, if they've been trying since the wedding, that's almost 2 years. We have no idea of the background or if she's had any issues up to now. You're only on month 2! Give the poor girl a break.

Nice sensitive GP you have there, Bearface :-/ At least you're getting tested though.

I've not tried ginger for MS, notso. I find that constant snacking keeps nausea / sickness away. Potentially not the best remedy though!

GaryBuseysTeeth Mon 03-Dec-12 18:18:13

Ginger biscuits work for me MrsBri, if you want to continue snacking grin

<slap> for Bear's GP, I'm 'glad' she's trying to help by tests & the such, but really needs to work on her people skills.

I have images of Kate being well pissed off that Wills is off flying helicopters whilst she's sitting there stewing on a positive OPK.

Bearface Mon 03-Dec-12 18:44:17

Hello again,

Have calmed down a bit now. I spoke to DH who is the most sensible and sweet man ever and he has reassured me lots, so feeling better. I just wish other people, docs included, weren't so flippant about it all. On the plus side, you're right though Mrs Bri, I am getting tested when I know other people are fobbed off and have to wait for ages to be tested, so I do feel lucky and old in that respect.

Actually I am pleased for KM, but I feel the same for her as I do about everyone who is pg at the moment - very jealous! I'm sorry, but I can't help it. I try not be, but I am and it makes me say and think mean things not too mean though. <Hooya> to self.

BTW - I can't remember if I mentioned, but I got that job I went for, but after much to-ing and fro-ing I declined it as it just wasn't right for me and the pay wasn't enough. Made me feel happy though that I was wanted. smile

Also, have managed lots of shagging in the last few days, so come on the swimmers!

countrybumpkin2 Mon 03-Dec-12 19:37:21

Hope you are ok bear. Hopefully something positive will come out of the horribleness!

I am very happy for KM. none of us know what she might have gone through to get up duffed and she sounds like she is having a rough time of it.

Rockchick1984 Mon 03-Dec-12 19:43:07

Definitely suggest salt &vinegar crisps as a cure for morning sickness, half a bag of walkers (or Discos were even better!) and I was good to go for a couple of hours while pregnant grin

We are JSing away, think I'm due ov around yesterday or today but have had a bad headache all day today so unlikely to DTD tonight did it this morning before DH went to work though but have been every day so far since ERTD departed smile so desperately hoping this will be our month as that would make the best Christmas present ever smile

Bear glad you've calmed down - some people just aren't designed to talk to anything more than a computer, sadly looks like your GP is one of them. At least you're hopefully going to find out where things are happening and will be upduffed very soon!!

AndieMatrix Mon 03-Dec-12 19:52:23

Bear Sorry about your rude GP. I do think female doctors are more insensitive about "women's things" than male ones. Unless they're unlucky enough to have had a rough time too. Glad she's sorting your tests though.

Thanks Gary for the hooya but I can't stop watching XFactor now as I'm in love with James Arthur.

Yayyyyy for notso fx for a sticky bean.

I'm happy for KM. imagine how gorgeous that child will be!!

Bearface Mon 03-Dec-12 20:13:22

Thanks for the support peeps. x

DingDongBelle Mon 03-Dec-12 21:40:44

Quick catch up:

Congrats Notso! Fx smile

Bear Gp's are often a bit unexpectedly clinical. I was so surprised how factual they were when I was first diagnosed pcos and I was a huge bundle of emotions. Agree on bedside manner: should be part of passing doctor school IMO!

So k-middy is duffers, is she? I had HG when I was pregnant and I had to crawl half dead into my doc's waiting room at 12 weeks pg sobbing and shaking having been throwing up 30 times a day for SIX WEEKS before they would admit me to hospital. Apparently not the same if one is married to a prince and is duffed with a future king. It seems one evening of vom is enough. Seriously though, poor girl. It's misery HG it really is.

I didn't get cross at any pg celebs but when I was a week overdue with ds I got a proper rage at Holly Willoughby who went into labour early on my due date and vanished from daytime tv. I was all bitch stole MY labour! angry I laugh about it now but I was ready to kill her blush

Well. Weird ertd this month: two days of hellish bleeding to death then gone. No mucking about lol. <takes cape off back of bedroom door >

Tenton yes we're cycle buddies. I didn't do the math as I am the laziest ttc-er ever but yes I'll be testing Christmas/new year. Come on Santa, a bfp in my stocking would be lush smile

How are we all tonight?

Redshoes56 Mon 03-Dec-12 22:49:32

Woman in my office yells out, "Oh my God, Kate's pregnant!" today, and I was wracking my brain thinking, "We have a girl named Kate around here?" before I realized she was just catching up on her Royal news.

Fingers crossed, notso!

bear sounds like it's time for a new doctor. How rude. Every doctor is different. I'm 33 as well, and mine basically said, "You're still young - don't start to worry until March. Not pregnant in March? We'll go full force with tests." Her confidence put me at ease, which surely helps with TTC.

6 days post today, and trying not to pay attention to every little gas bubble as if it is a sign from the stork. I am crampy today, though, and was yesterday as well. I remembered reading somewhere that pineapple was good for implantation, and I happen to really like pineapple, so I have been snacking on that today and daydreaming about peeing on things.

So, for those of you hoping for BFPs by Christmas - would you tell the family as a holiday surprise, or would you be too superstitious since it's so early? One of my girlfriends asked me this weekend, and I honestly didn't know. As I mentioned, we had a hard year, and my in-laws are still reeling from the death of my brother-in-law. Baby news would send them over the moon. But if I miscarried....I can't bear the thought of bringing them more grief. Then again, we'd need loved ones to share in our grief, no? Is that selfish? Thoughts?

Hooya Mon 03-Dec-12 22:52:27

Hello all!

Congrats notso again - I am going to keep saying it too smile

Bear I admire your restraint - If a GP or someone said 'get on with it' to me I'd be tempted to explain how often we've been shagging, then explain the most recent shags in great detail until she died of embarassment apologised. Stupid cow!

Ding ha ha at your 'bitch stole my labour' grin

Tired here from too much work and JSing, and found out I will be on a business trip next week when ERTD comes or doesn't...

Hooya Mon 03-Dec-12 22:55:20

Oops x-post Red, totally feeling that dilemma! Our parents are coming here for xmas, I think it would be impossible not to tell them if I were, so we would probably spill, unwisely! But generally I think much better to wait, I'm so glad only 2 people knew before when I miscarried, as telling people was no fun at all...

notsoold Tue 04-Dec-12 09:20:06

Hi everyone
Bear sorry about your awful GP. Manner are not part of the medical school curriculum..
Andie...I am loving Arthur too..
Hooya and everybody thanks but ...
TodayAF is due. No spots and not eeating so much ( good sign)
Load of CM ( sorry tmi) and drinking loads (good sign)but boobs not sore anymore and a tesco test showed negative...
I am sitting in the car waiting to give a quote to a company and quite saddened...it might have been might been a chemical pregnancy.. going back to ttc( oh well....)

AndieMatrix Tue 04-Dec-12 15:03:57

Hope you're ok notso

Red We're spending Christmas with DP's parents and they know we're TTC so we'd probably tell them if we got a BFP but I would only want to tell our parents before the 12 week milestone.

Bearface Tue 04-Dec-12 16:17:30

Gah - typed a whole message and it timed out - I couldn't have taken that long, surely.

Feeling not so dried up old bag like now after DH and I discussed it and he said that lots of the things she said were a bit too forceful. Not at all like your GP, Red. I just get an appointment with whoever is on at the time as I go to a doctors' practice. Does anyone know if I have to go and see her for the results of the blood test if she ordered them or can I see someone else? I don't really know the protocol.

FX for you Notso. I hope it works out for you. x

Red - I don't think we'd tell anyone because I'd be too scared of it not working out and then having to tell everyone which I personally would find worse.

Come on Christmas beans! I'll probably be testing somewhere around the 15th - is anyone else around then?

countrybumpkin2 Tue 04-Dec-12 16:20:29

Oh no notso, hope everything is ok.

My prego symptoms are fast turning in to AF due symptoms so I don't think its going to be a BFP as an early Christmas pressie for me this month. If I was to find out I was prego though red I wouldn't tell anyone until 12 weeks (apart from you guys of course). Think I should just about be able to blag my way through Christmas day at my parents and I don't think a wee glass of bucks fizz would hurt? bad potential mum smile

countrybumpkin2 Tue 04-Dec-12 16:22:31

Yes I will be testing around the 15th Bear <fingers crossed>

Redshoes56 Wed 05-Dec-12 00:41:14

Fingers crossed, notso.

The urge to pee on something became too great to ignore today, even though I knew it would be negative. Self inflicted <hooya> for that nonsense. I think I just wanted confirmation that I can have some wine tonight without guilt as it is needed! Three days of cramps is odd though.

Good news is, I was already spotting at 7DPO last month, and so far, none of that, thank you very much. If I don't get a BFP this month, the next best thing would be a luteal phase longer than 10 days without random spotting <cheering on uterus for good behavior>.

In addition to buying drugstore brand pregnancy tests tonight, I bought fruit and nut Dairy Milk because it made me think of you gals grin

Redshoes56 Wed 05-Dec-12 00:52:31

country I was thinking the same thing, by the way - if it did happen, I could nurse one glass of something all night to keep things under wraps. I'm way ahead of myself though. Hope AF stays away from you, and me!

GaryBuseysTeeth Wed 05-Dec-12 09:52:36

Fingers tightly crossed notso, hope you're feeling ok?

<hooya> for red, <doublehooya> for not sharing the fruit & nut Dairy Milk.
Fingers crossed for your longer luteal phase, I started taking B vitamin complex this month, so I'm hoping that what helped this one to stick (so far).
My luteal phase is between 7-9 days.

Bear, my GP's website lists the working hours of all the doctors, does yours do the same? Least you could try avoiding her!
Glad DH was helpful & you're feeling slightly better.

Fingers crossed in advanced for all of you testing soon, country, I would say if you're going to drink whilst pregnant at least with a bucks fizz it's more orange juice than alcohol so I wouldn't feel too bad.

Garygoodnews; I've finally got my 3+ on cb digital tests so no more pee sticks for me. I didn't get past 1-2weeks when I MC, so feeling happy.
Garybadnews; I've gone off marmite & salty food. I'm still not too keen on chocolate after going off it when pg with DS so I've got no junk snack options.

Happy hump day everyone!

Rockchick1984 Wed 05-Dec-12 10:03:13

Keeping fingers tightly crossed Notso - how are you feeling now?

We told everyone as soon as we found out last time I was pregnant, but it wasn't planned so needed lots of support and thought miscarriages were rare so never even considered it as an option so not sure what we would do about telling people this time - had hoped originally we could put a scan photo in my parents Christmas card to tell them, but obviously too late now sad

Congrats Gary!! I was addicted to croissants in the early stages of pregnancy last time, maybe try something like that - although I gained nearly 5 stone so my advice re food in pregnancy may not be the best grin

AndieMatrix Wed 05-Dec-12 10:09:59

Red I do love a fruit and nut! Hope the witch doesn't get you.

Gary Hoorayyyy! grin I found grapes a good snack when I was pg. high in energy and help quell sweet cravings.

It's all a bit confusing with me. I've had two WTF cycles since removing my implant so this month I've taken the average and reckon I'm looking at a 43day cycle which means testing on 22nd. I've had two occasions of EWCM a week apart so I'm a bit miffed and desperate to pee on something.

frogchops Wed 05-Dec-12 14:32:55

At a school where lots if children are being collected for slapped cheek. And a few ladies worrying about their contact with the children being pregnant. There will be no children left

notsoold Wed 05-Dec-12 15:54:44

Hi there!!!
Things are the same over here. Even fainter positives on frer and negatives all other brands including superdrug (that gave me a positive before). But ERTD is still not here and boobs are a bit sore and CM present and feeling nauseous (could be the stress) and cramps on my right.I phoned the GP and I am still waiting to hear back.
I've done everything to bring ERTD. I washed my hair in colder water and gone in the cold...
Sorry if is all about me...I am lost sad
Hi country,bearface,andy, and red I love fruit and Nut!!!
gary congrats on CB digital test +3!!!

rock thanks sweetie and frog does that means early hols?? smile

Bearface Wed 05-Dec-12 17:24:45

Hi notso -sorry but I don't know what to say apart from hoping it sticks for you and that the BFN doesn't appear on FRER. We're here if you need us. x

I don't know about Fruit and Nut but I bought some chocolate truffles for a Christmas present and found myself half a pack in happily munching away while browsing the net. Oops. Will have to buy some more and do a massive run to compensate, although it snowed here today and couldn't go to the gym even if I wanted to!

Hurrah Country - test buddies!

Thanks for the tip Gary - I'll have a look.

A child at a school I am working in coughed in my face today hmm and then apologised, while another one told me I am cute hmm Moi? I don't think so. She wasn't saying that when I slapped a writing test down in front of her! grin

DH has seen (a different) doctor now too so we can get his man juice tested. It's all rather complex though isn't it? An hour to get it into the hospital - what if you get stuck in traffic? What happens if it doesn't, ahem, happen in time? DH was just glad he didn't have to go to a broom cupboard to do it. We did laugh lots when we read the sheet as it said to make your deposit in your own home. I imgaine they had to write that after too many men couldn't be bothered and were jacking off in the hospital toilets!

Bearface Wed 05-Dec-12 17:36:01

Gosh - sorry for all the typos - I've got eczema on my thumbs and what with the cold, they're really sore, so I keep making mistakes.

This thread is not accepting new messages.