Those waiting to ttc... (slightly pointless thread)

(1000 Posts)
LoveYouForeverMyBaby Mon 15-Oct-12 17:58:10

We're ttc #2 in dec and I know it's a really silly thing to get excited about, but just started taking folic acid and feeling very excited about it!

Sorry for the pointless thread.

moominlike Fri 29-Mar-13 07:22:46

Fab thanks smile

Happy easter everyone!

Coffee1Sugar Sat 30-Mar-13 13:19:14

Hi all! Had my coil out on Wednesday - totally painfree thankfully, I was petrified! Really hoping for a January/February 14 baby grin. Dd is nearly 3 so definitely want a second dc before she turns 4. All idealistic I know but here's to glass half full grin

Alohomora Sat 30-Mar-13 17:31:28

I work with kids daily and instead of being properly irritated by the screeching buggers when they run wild it makes me all starry eyes and sigh longingly. I'm sure that'll change again once we cruelly have children but for now I'll treat it as a handy side effect as it saves me aggravation.

Alohomora Sat 30-Mar-13 17:32:11

Cruelly? Oh auto correct....

Fairypants Wed 03-Apr-13 07:51:59

Even my DH is getting excited about ttc and he only ever agreed to keep me happy. He was so excited about the start of April, it was difficult to break the news that we have to wait til after af in April - otherwise we risk an Xmas baby which would not be ideal as dd's b'day is in December so it's a bit frantic as it is. It's great he's finally on board.
So I am now just waiting for af in order to ttc smile getting excited now

moominlike Sat 20-Apr-13 11:32:15

The waiting room has gone very quiet so I'm guessing everyone is busy ttc lol. Well I have just 7 pills left in my last pack so getting very close - eek!

lollydollydrop Sun 21-Apr-13 21:31:26

I'm definately not TTC yet!! Been very busy with my Org Psy Masters course, so so busy, not had a full weekend to myself since before September! I'm just really enjoying being an Auntie to my 5 yo niece and 2 yo nephew atm, saw them yesterday and for the first time my niece asked me and DP 'When are you going to become a mummy and daddy?' blush I told her not till we were married like her mummy and daddy, so she could be our flower girl but her Uncle had to ask me yet!!! :D

Leafmould Mon 22-Apr-13 17:46:23

Lolly...... That is soooooooo cute!

Leafmould Mon 22-Apr-13 18:20:14

BFP's
Loveyouforevermybaby  , OP, due August.
amiready
Possibly some more, including Bridget and the hairy brigands , but we need people to report back with these details!

April
Zen nudist age 34 ttc #2 April/may?
caramal ttc#2 hopefully April.
orbis non sufficit age 35 ttc#1 April 
horseygirl1  ttc#2
moominlike age 32 ttc#1
Frizz1986 ttc#1
duddlepuck
MrsHuxtable , age 29, ttc#2 April
Maybe again ttc#3
Fairy pants ttc#3 

May
definately sometime age 30 ttc#1 May.
toomuchlaptop age 36 ttc#2
kate Beckett ttc#1
Suddenly squeamish  ttc#1 after house move.
Miss calamity , age 33 ttc#2 when oh ready.

In a few months/later in the year
sorelip ttc#2
labourgirl
Ginger and cocoa , ttc#1 when dh ready
Pizza queen ttc#2 when dp ready

June
popsicle1984 age 28 ttc#1

July
painted cat age 22 ttc #1
iwish age 27 ttc#2

August
part1 ttc#2 
Tranquilitybaby ttc#2 on hols in Mexico!

September
Porridge with almond milk

Autumn
twojackrussellsandababy ttc#2
Jetblack61 ttc#1 after hols in Australia, age 28
Don't squeeze the tea bag  ttc#1 after a wedding and a new bathroom.
Alohomora , age 31 ttc1 after wedding party in June and in time for summer baby!
Visualise a horse , ttc#2 when dc1 is 18 months

November 2013
waiting 2wait2wait

December 2013
tigerstripes

Mid 2014
thundernlightning 

September2014 (or2015)
madamelebean ttc #2

End 2014
ithinkineedahug

June 2015
lollydollydrop

Indefinite or vague
mintberry
witchesbrew&biscuits ttc#2
lindamagoo 41 ttc #3
Happygolucky in oz age 29 ttc#1 when partner back in work.
leafmould age 35 ttc#3 when partner ready.....

Leafmould Mon 22-Apr-13 18:22:42

I have updated the list from the last time it was posted by mrs huxtable

So it is possible I have missed people off.... Please feel fee to change or add. I have put in the reason for waiting on new people as well, as I think it is interesting.... Again, feel free to edit and change.

So.... April waiters.... Is it happening now? I hope so!

johnandkymberley Mon 22-Apr-13 19:06:59

We are trying to conceive now. Our first. I am really excited about becoming pregnant but also worried/anxious that a) I won't be a good mum and b) don't know what to expect! Xxxx

Leafmould Mon 22-Apr-13 20:15:36

Hi John and Kimberly, you may, like many of us not be a good mum, but you will probably be a good enough mum!

When I am looking at the long view, I worry about being good enough too, but once the kids come along you will probably find yourselves very absorbed in the here and now, and the great thing is to enjoy them, cos as they say, they don't stay young long!

johnandkymberley Mon 22-Apr-13 22:38:37

Lol that's true! I love hearing someone else's point of view as most of the time it changes my insight and makes me understand better and reach an inderstanding?!! Does that make sense?!

Could I b added to the list please?? Pretty please with a cherry on top :D

moominlike Mon 22-Apr-13 23:05:34

Hi lolly and j and k, and thanks for updating the list leaf smile

Will be stopping trying not to get pregnant as of next week, not sure it quite qualifies as ttc though as we're just going to see what happens! Was hoping to have exchanged on the house by now but not quite there yet. Also having to apply for jobs at the moment so am a bit worried about maternity benefits etc confused

Leafmould Mon 22-Apr-13 23:38:59

BFP's
Loveyouforevermybaby  , OP, due August.
amiready
Possibly some more, including Bridget and the hairy brigands , but we need people to report back with these details!

April
Zen nudist age 34 ttc #2 April/may?
caramal ttc#2 hopefully April.
orbis non sufficit age 35 ttc#1 April 
horseygirl1  ttc#2
moominlike age 32 ttc#1
Frizz1986 ttc#1
duddlepuck
MrsHuxtable , age 29, ttc#2 April
Maybe again ttc#3
Fairy pants ttc#3 
Johnand kymberley ttc#1 

May
definately sometime age 30 ttc#1 May.
toomuchlaptop age 36 ttc#2
kate Beckett ttc#1
Suddenly squeamish  ttc#1 after house move.
Miss calamity , age 33 ttc#2 when oh ready.

In a few months/later in the year
sorelip ttc#2
labourgirl
Ginger and cocoa , ttc#1 when dh ready
Pizza queen ttc#2 when dp ready

June
popsicle1984 age 28 ttc#1

July
painted cat age 22 ttc #1
iwish age 27 ttc#2

August
part1 ttc#2 
Tranquilitybaby ttc#2 on hols in Mexico!

September
Porridge with almond milk

Autumn
twojackrussellsandababy ttc#2
Jetblack61 ttc#1 after hols in Australia, age 28
Don't squeeze the tea bag  ttc#1 after a wedding and a new bathroom.
Alohomora , age 31 ttc1 after wedding party in June and in time for summer baby!
Visualise a horse , ttc#2 when dc1 is 18 months

November 2013
waiting 2wait2wait

December 2013
tigerstripes

Mid 2014
thundernlightning 

September2014 (or2015)
madamelebean ttc #2

End 2014
ithinkineedahug

June 2015
lollydollydrop

Indefinite or vague
mintberry
witchesbrew&biscuits ttc#2
lindamagoo 41 ttc #3
Happygolucky in oz age 29 ttc#1 when partner back in work.
leafmould age 35 ttc#3 when partner ready.....

Leafmould Mon 22-Apr-13 23:40:43

Hi moomin.... That grey area! I hope things work out house and job wise for you, sounds like you've got a lot on.

Leafmould Mon 22-Apr-13 23:42:02

Welcome to the list, J&k.... Hope you're not on it for long!

MissFredi Tue 23-Apr-13 04:06:12

I have exactly one week left of the pill. And then Thundercats are go!! After of course the inevitable long and messy AF I will be forced to endure. So excited/scared/broody. Such a mix of emotions and some quick growing up and so happy about how most of my family and friends have reacted at the idea and got a little scrapbook going on and so many other things ahhhhgrinsmile

Speaking of premature, I've already ordered a Hello Kitty overnight bag for when I'm in the hospital. It was on sale and I might not get another chance to have it so I felt it justified the £12(bargain). Also I can put my fuzzy slipper boots in the shoe pocketgrin

johnandkymberley Tue 23-Apr-13 17:22:16

Thanks leaf mould smile moominlike I really feel for you as I was made redundant a feb 2010. It led to me having really bad anxiety and panic attacks of which I have only just got over. And I mean only just!!
Good luck on the job front anyway and what will be will be smile

Miss fredi- why not eh?! When my friend had her baby we bought her a bouncer. Whilst on the boots website they had an offer on to buy 2nd thing half price, we got a little mamas and papas crumble music bear. We then kept it for ourselves!! Selfish I know but I really bonded with it psmlf!!
Also i started AF yesterday (had implant out last thursday) which tbf I didn't expect. Well I did but didn't think it would happen so soon. Does this mean I am fertile? I'm so impatient and want to be pregnant now!!!
How long did other people have to wait? Is there a chance I could get pregnant this month?!
Also we are having sex every 2-3 days, should we try for every day??

Kymberley xxxx

MissFredi Tue 23-Apr-13 17:28:38

John and kymberly - fail to prepare and all that! It got delivered today and pushed my excitement levels up by about 1000%!

Personally I reckon every 2-3 days is alright, anymore than that and I'd be worried about getting a sore foof!blush

johnandkymberley Tue 23-Apr-13 18:06:29

Lol!! Is this your first baby miss fredi??
And the most important question.... Is the bag gorgeous?! Xxx

Wineandchoccy Tue 23-Apr-13 18:16:13

I'm new to this thread, I'm 32 + DH is 34 and we will be ttc #1

I have 2 packets of pill left take last the one on the 14th June, then as my DH put it ' the fun begins ' I will remind him of that when the baby is screaming at 3am!

johnandkymberley Tue 23-Apr-13 18:23:24

Haha wineandchoccy!! Roll on the 14th June!! Xx

moominlike Tue 23-Apr-13 19:05:10

Thanks leaf, fingers crossed!

Thanks Kimberley, it's really crappy at the moment especially as we're about to buy a house and try for a family! Timing, as they say, is everything...

Hi MissFredi, sounds like we'll be getting on the ttc roller coaster around the same time smile

I've been on the pill for so long I'm not sure what to expect tbh! Although I did come off it for a year once and my periods started pretty much straight away and were regular so hopefully the same will happen again.

Is anyone planning to chart/temp/use those stick things? Or just see what happens? Personally I'm tempted to join the Just Shagging thread heehee!

moominlike Tue 23-Apr-13 19:06:25

Hi wineandchoccy - two of my favourite things smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.