Those waiting to ttc... (slightly pointless thread)

(1000 Posts)
LoveYouForeverMyBaby Mon 15-Oct-12 17:58:10

We're ttc #2 in dec and I know it's a really silly thing to get excited about, but just started taking folic acid and feeling very excited about it!

Sorry for the pointless thread.

Fairypants Sat 19-Jan-13 12:17:10

Hey Sparkley, not long for you to wait then- I'm looking forward to being able to say 'this month'. smile I'll also be going for #3 but with much bigger gap. I don't think I was up for dtd on a regular basis when dd2 was just 1, that's impressive smile
Moomin - I love when autocorrect puts frolic acid, it seems appropriate! The financials just get sorted some way or another. I would probably not put too much pressure on yourself financially before ttc as babies are expensive and financial pressure + lack if sleep = horrible time.
I stopped pill at Xmas and started folic acid then to give me a chance to get hormones sorted in time for ttc in April. I don't really need and more pg vitamins than that and possibly just figuring out when af is due is the only reasonable cycle related thing but every now and then I feel like I want to be doing something in that direction. DH actually suggested I buy a babygrow or something but that would be daft at this point.

QueenofClean Sat 19-Jan-13 13:01:48

I'm Sparkly - had a namechange.

Thanks for the welcome Fairypants smile Not long till April for you to wait.

I never went back on to contraception after DD2 was born (I had the copper coil before). I have used an app on my iPhone to track my period for a good few years. It is how I fell pregnant first month of trying with DD2 smile

MaybeAgain Sat 19-Jan-13 21:44:31

Wow, I'm so glad to have found this thread, I googled and have just become a member, so glad to have found people in a similar situation to me, I could have written some of the posts word for word.

All I can think of is TTC #3. I've, obviously, discussed it with DH and he's happy for us to have another but not right now. We have a holiday in April and I was hoping for us to start TTC around that time but I'm finding it so difficult to not have a definite time that we can start, the waiting is driving me crazy. I hope that he comes round to TTC in April.

I casually mentioned today that I might stop taking my pill after this pack finishes, so that when he's ready we can just go for it, in a fashion! And he agreed.

I have also bought some folic acid, currently stashed in my makeup drawer, and have googled pre pregnancy advice. Honestly, every day I'm thinking about it.

Other than my DH and 1 close friend, I've not discussed us planning TTC with anyone, which I'm finding so hard. I feel like I need to discuss how I'm feeling, when we planned our 2nd child it was just after we married and it was common knowledge that we wanted another after the wedding.

This time, and I'm not sure why, but I feel like people may judge us more. We have a DD aged 9 and a DS aged 6, and I feel like 'everyone' assumes that we're finished and why would we want another? I worry about my job, I'm already worrying about breaking the news to my manager, all this and we haven't even decided on when to TTC. Am I crazy?

But, then I think about having #3, about seeing that flickering heartbeat on the scan, holding them in your arms, how much I love my 2 children and to do it all over again would be so amazing, and I think, why aren't we TTC now?

Fairypants Sat 19-Jan-13 22:57:23

Hi maybe, welcome!
Ppl gave def assumed we're done (dd's are 10 and 14!) and DH has been vocal against for years so we actually engineered a situation with the dd's so we could casually let them know its a possibility! Dd1 struggles with changes so we thought best to give her a chance to get her head round the possibility before announcing a reality. Actually she was fine once she had ascertained that
a) she wouldn't be expected to share her room or move house; and
b) we can still get a fiat 500!!

Other than that, we've kept it quiet which I find hard but I don't want people asking or looking at me waiting for an announcement.
That's the great thing about MN - you can tell people but it doesn't count.
Also, it's the only pre ante antenatal group!!!
I'm not sure it helps my obsession though. smile

paintedcat Sun 20-Jan-13 20:20:41

Welcome Maybe!

We've kept it really quiet we're thinking about trying too. I told my best friend at christmas when we were slightly tipsy but other than that we just didn't want all the questions either. My mum especially would be hell. We don't really have much contact as she's a bit of a destructive force at the best of times, and she's already causing me enough hassle with my wedding plans.

I haven't bought anything (DP wouldn't be impressed considering we're supposed to be saving for wedding stuff), but I've been googling for pregnancy and conception stuff like mad. That's normal though, right...?

MaybeAgain Tue 22-Jan-13 11:18:35

Thanks for the welcome.

I find it so hard not to think about when we can TTC. I'm itching to buy a pregnancy magazine, or something similar, but as we're not even TTC, let alone pregnant, I have resisted. Don't want my DH to think I've gone totally crazy!

Instead, I google!

QueenofClean Tue 22-Jan-13 11:23:29

Paintedcat - that is normal. We had DD2 whilst we were planning our wedding also. She arrived 8 months before we got married - people thought we were insane having a baby & getting married within the same 12 months lol.

Considering DD2 is 13 months today we've been discussing having DC3 whilst I was pregnant with DD2 so been keeping up with vitamins etc and keeping hold of all the baby stuff we need!

AF has finished today. <yay> If we are lucky enough to conceive this month, we will have an Oct baby. So that would be a March, December & Oct mix of kiddies.

If we do have a baby this year that would mean all 5 of us were born in an odd year smile

winterpansy Fri 25-Jan-13 15:47:30

Hello all,
How are you are doing? Any nice weekend plans?
I'm off to a gig tonight.
But I'm most excited about start ttc from next Thursday if all goes well with my colonoscopy (which I am slightly freaking out about!) grin!

DS will be 20 months soon so if we conceive in the next few months I'll be delighted with that age gap.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Fri 25-Jan-13 16:45:23

Hello winterpansy saw your name pop up so I thought I'd drop by.

Great to hear ttc is - fingers crossed - not far away. Good luck with the colonoscopy.

Has the new job started? If so, how's it going?

QueenofClean Fri 25-Jan-13 16:45:43

Winterpansy - who are you going to see at your gig tonight?

DD1 has been shipped off to nanny's for the night. DD2 will be bathed shortly and then quiet night in with DH, Chinese takeaway & fringe plus a bit of baby making wink

winterpansy Fri 25-Jan-13 19:18:49

Hey bridget,
Nice to see you! How are you doing?
New job postponed because of the snow. The boss was snowed in so I'm starting the wee after next but on the payroll now and can make up the hours over the coming months so they are very accommodating so far...which bodes well! Thanks for the good luck too - I'm very nervous about it all but keeping my eye on the prize once I get the all clear.

Queen Off to see a band called The Jim Jones Revue - old school rock n roll. I've seen them a few times before and they are great. I'm driving though!
Have a lovely night tonight - I hope the baby making is very sucessful. Enjoy grin

QueenofClean Sat 26-Jan-13 09:03:07

Winter - how was your gig last night?

QueenofClean Sat 26-Jan-13 18:10:42

Yay we actively started trying this morning wink

Off out for dinner tonight. My mum is sitting for us so cheeky glass of wine tonight hehe grin

winterpansy Sat 26-Jan-13 20:03:00

Brilliant gig! Ears were ringing after.... It was really good to get out - we haven't been out in ages and we saw lots of people we knew and caught up.

Well done for kicking things off this morning wink I say you should have another go tonight after a wee cheeky glass!

QueenofClean Sat 26-Jan-13 23:23:40

Winter that's good to hear.

Good dinner over a friends tonight. Home now and watching take me out so bloody tired so no dtd tonight!

moonblues Sun 27-Jan-13 14:08:04

Hey everyone,
It's exciting that there are other people who are waiting to TTC no 3, makes me feel less crazy...
Thanks for the advice fairy! DH seems up for baby making now and so I've not reminded him of the reasons for waiting. To be honest, I think financially it won't make much difference, it's just that I feel bad getting pregnant after just starting a new job... But that's a rubbish reason for not having another child! Totally understand where your coming from Maybe worrying about telling your manager...
So might have to move on the an actually trying to conceive thread grin - I'm ridiculously excited. I honestly thought that DH would never come round to the idea of a third. Though think this will be the last sad - I'm actually fantasising about having twins blush.
The gig sounds good Winter. We went to a gig before Christmas, and made us both wonder why we don't go more often. Trying to get a regular babysitter organised. Hope your colonoscopy goes well.
Good luck Queen, hope you get your BFP soon!
Hello to everyone I've missed, it's tricky to keep track. smile

MaybeAgain Sun 27-Jan-13 16:20:48

How exciting moonblues and queen

Hope the colonoscopy goes well winter

I can't believe that's it's nearly February already.

I'm sooo excited for April, when we can start TTC. DH hasn't actually agreed to April yet though grin. It's hard not to wish your life away.

MrsHuxtable Sun 27-Jan-13 16:58:21

Hello everyone, can I join?

I'm 29, DH is 26, we have 1 DD (1 next week) and we're looking to conceive DC2 from April onwards. 3 months to go, yay!

We conceived DD first cycle but this one won't be as easy as I'm still bfeeding a lot, mainly during the night. Mega fertility killer apparently. Am on cycle 3 pp and have a short luteal phase at the moment so in preparation for ttc DH is on pre-conception vitamins and has given up alcohol. I take the vitamins too, plus red raspberry leaf tea and B6 to fix the bloody luteal phase.

I really need a place to hang out til we start ttc.

MrsHuxtable Sun 27-Jan-13 17:06:15

Have just added myself to the list. So yeah, we'll be ttc from April, depending on my cycles as ideally we're aiming for a January/February baby! (lol at my optimism while bfeeding)

BFP's
Loveyouforevermybaby , OP, due August.
amiready

February
Winterpansy ttc #2 feb/mar
literaryone age 31 ttc#1 after 2nd trimester mc
jazzcat28 ttc#1 may/June
crazyhead ttc#2 in feb/march
fancy nancy 77 age 35 ttc#2 feb/mar
accidental exhibitionist ttc#2 February
volleyfeet ttc#1
mythreeknights age 34ttc#3

March
batfish age 31 ttc#1 march
dollydaydream26 age 26 ttc#1
Tricycle tops

April
Zen nudist age 34 ttc #2 April/may?
caramal ttc#2 hopefully April.
orbis non sufficit age 35 ttc#1 April
horseygirl1 ttc#2
moominlike age 32 ttc#1
Frizz1986 ttc#1
duddlepuck
MrsHuxtable, age 29, ttc#2 April

May
leafmould age 34 ttc#3 May
definately sometime age 30 ttc#1 May.
toomuchlaptop age 36 ttc#2
kate Beckett ttc#1

In a few months/later in the year
sorelip ttc#2
labourgirl

June
popsicle1984 age 28 ttc#1

July
painted cat age 22 ttc #1
iwish age 27 ttc#2

August
part1 ttc#2 August

September
Porridge with almond milk

Autumn
twojackrussellsandababy ttc#2

November 2013
waiting 2wait2wait

December 2013
tigerstripes

Mid 2014
thundernlightning

September2014 (or2015)
madamelebean ttc #2

End 2014
ithinkineedahug

June 2015
lollydollydrop

Indefinite or vague
mintberry
witchesbrew&biscuits ttc#2
lindamagoo 41 ttc #3

dondon33 Sun 27-Jan-13 20:10:00

Adding myself to the long list smile
I'm 34 (35 in July) and will be, hopefully, TTC from next month.
I have 3 much older Dc already but this will be the 1st for Dp.
This will be the first baby that I've TTC and I'm stressed already, I've just had a full MOT with the gynae part being fine and I'm awaiting all the blood test results coming back next week.
As it's been so long I can vaguely remember what it's like to be pregnant (Although funnily enough I do clearly remember the births shock) and I'm scared, happy, excited, worried and a whole lot of other emotions at the moment. I NEVER thought I'd have any more but here I am getting ready to do just that.

Good luck to all here *((baby dust to all))*

Mythreeknights Mon 28-Jan-13 15:11:52

Hello everyone, especially all those who are thinking about TTC a 3rd and whose husbands are not necessarily up for it...like mine! Argh. I'm on the list for Feb but he is definitely not up for it yet. (This is having thought we were going for it in October...and putting it off until Feb). This is exactly 'wishing my life away' to get to the point when he agrees. I have told a few close friends and they all recommend 'having an accident' but I don't want to conceive without his 100% commitment. It doesn't seem fair, especially to the baby. So, still on hold. I'm 35 in June so it does feel quite 'now or never' and I would give anything for him to say let's do it. So, to all those who have got supportive and excited husbands, good for you! I envy you all envy.

winterpansy Wed 30-Jan-13 20:46:38

Hey, thanks for your good luck messages.
Colonoscopy came back all clear! Totally over the moon - bowel cancer runs in my family and I've lost several people to it so I was worried but there is not even sign of a polyp.

So this means..I'll be moving to a TTC thread grin
In fact..I'll be ovulating in a few days so (now that the sedation has worn off) we may get to it asap.

Will check in though and see how you guys are doing. Hope you're all good!

MaybeAgain Wed 30-Jan-13 20:47:27

Hi don and good luck for next month

threeknights you sound in a similar boat to me, wishing our lives away. I'm waiting for my DH to wake up one day and be as excited as me, although thinking about it, he was never really excited the first 2 times until I was actually pregnant, he just went along with DTD! He hasn't fully agreed to us TTC in April, he just hasn't disagreed wink

dondon33 Wed 30-Jan-13 22:54:30

Thanks * Maybe* Good luck working on the DH ;)
You too MY - I hope they come round soon.

I read the whole thread winter so seen your previous posts.
Congrats on the all clear, it must be a huge weight lifted.
Good luck with TTC x

Threeknights, sorry to hear your DH is stalling. Mine did too, and I used to get so emotional about it. I just don't think men understand the cost of pregnancy as you age. I had to explain some pretty basic biology to DH to get him on side (and we're not TTC yet!)
Here's hoping your DH comes round!

This thread is not accepting new messages.