Those waiting to ttc... (slightly pointless thread)

(1000 Posts)
LoveYouForeverMyBaby Mon 15-Oct-12 17:58:10

We're ttc #2 in dec and I know it's a really silly thing to get excited about, but just started taking folic acid and feeling very excited about it!

Sorry for the pointless thread.

TigerseyeMum Mon 26-Nov-12 00:21:52

Chockagirl checking in...babysquishing went well. Lovely sunny chap, very relaxed. Loved loopy. Loopy less sure.

AF finally gone so better start planning a modus operandi. Not read back yet, hope everyone had a good weekend x

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Mon 26-Nov-12 06:02:59

Welcome blondie, wow a 16 month age will be intense but wonderful good luck!

batfish Mon 26-Nov-12 08:45:13

Hi all, slowly getting used to how this all works by catching up on all of the posts! I was chatting to a friend over the weekend who has been trying for a baby for a few months now and she is getting a bit anxious so am keeping fingers crossed for her and her husband.

I started my last pill packet last night which felt like a bit of a milestone! So 3 weeks then we will be taking alternative precautions for a couple of months to give my body a while to get things out of my system so it is all systems go when we have had our holiday at the end of Feb.

So I guess I should start thinking about folic acid soon - is it OK to take it as part of a multivitamin or should it be a folic acid only supplement?

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Mon 26-Nov-12 11:10:41

Hi batfish I took santagon mum to be prenatal multivits when ttc and pg with dd and am taking the same (minus the additional omega3 supp) as I am ttc number 2 now.

I started about 3 months before ttc dd and about a month before we started ttc #2.

Mythreeknights Mon 26-Nov-12 13:02:38

Hi Blondie I just wanted to say HA HA HA, I have a 16 month (well, 15 and a half to be exact) age gap between my DSs and I've only just crawled out of the tunnel of exhaustion. And now I want another one...crazy. But, despite it being on the challenging side at times, my boys are the best of friends, constantly telling each other they are each others' 'best fwend' and very adventurous (climbing trees / building dens) etc together - their togetherness has built such fortitude. So, it was definitely worth it! I hope it goes to plan!

TooMuchLaptop Mon 26-Nov-12 13:38:29

blondie there is 18 months between me & dsis and we've always been the best of friends! smile

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Mon 26-Nov-12 14:06:06

Hello batfish another Sanatogen 'Mum to be' tablet swallower over here. LoveYouForever I took them when ttc and pg with my DD too. I'm too soppy and nostalgic to switch brands now (even if they are over-priced).

Yay, batfish I think starting that last packet is a milestone too. You need to celebrate in a suitable way (stinky runny cheese, shell-fish, a bottle of wine and lots of strong coffee?)

Gosh, this morning's dog-walk was a challenge. It was shafting it down with rain and there was proper "Watch out! It'll swallow your welly" type mud everywhere. But Tigerseye your post kept me smiling as I squelched and squerched my way around. I so wish I could have seen Loopy's reaction.

On the downside, it also brought back childhood memories of 'Chock-A-Block'. I hated that programme as a child and used to shout at my mum to turn the telly off. Pleeeesse don't tell me you were a fan?

Talking of children's shows.. batfish, I keep wanting to call you Batfink!

Iwish Mon 26-Nov-12 14:08:17

I think my body is playing tricks on me. I'm only 6/7dpo and I have sore boobs and I feel sick!

jaffacakehips Mon 26-Nov-12 14:31:29

To my utter delight I'm not pregnant god that sounds really awful blush don't get me wrong I'd really love another DC. But I'm having some hospital test done next week and frankly I need some answers so not being pregnant does help in that respect.

No more drunken whoopsies for Jaffa!! gringrin till 2013!

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Mon 26-Nov-12 14:40:17

Yippee, jaffacakes, many congratulations on not being pregnant grin and best of luck for next week.

Right, a wet school run awaits..

jaffacakehips Mon 26-Nov-12 15:07:12

DH will be pleased he wasn't keen on having a June, July or August baby due to schooling etc rubbish

Anyhow...I can now drink through the festive period! Yippee grin

Enjoy your wet school run Bridget

batfish Mon 26-Nov-12 15:43:28

Thanks Bridget and LYFMB for the vitamin/folic acid tips, I will have to start checking them out - I know this is ridiculous to say at the grand old age of 31 but I feel really silly talking about planning for a baby, I guess because my husband and I have been together since we were 17 so we have spent our lives trying very hard not to get pregnant! Time for me to grow up I think grin

And Bridget that made me laugh about batfink! I love scuba diving (yet another thing I am not looking forward to having to give up along with sushi and smelly cheese) and I always think batfish are really cute when I see them!

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Mon 26-Nov-12 18:53:50

iwish feel free to symptom spot! If I ov this cycle I'm going to...p.s I got sore boobs around 8/9dpo with dd so might be a sign.

bridget I'm the same re sanatagon feel like it was lucky mascot helping us get pg lol how stupid!

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Mon 26-Nov-12 20:47:57

jaffacakes, IF (and that's a big, fat, capital IF) I'm pregnant over Christmas, please promise me you'll drink a Baileys or three on my behalf!

batfish, I have a confession...at the grand old age of 35 (very nearly 36) I'd never heard of a batfish before your last post blush I just assumed it was something you'd made up. After having googled them, I'm somewhat shock you find them cute.

LoveYouForever I bet a shockingly large proportion of Sanatogen 'mum to be' purchasers are superstitious softies like us.

winterpansy Mon 26-Nov-12 21:23:53

Evening all!

Sorry I haven't been around too much.
Work problems have escalated and I am signed off sick again and think I am going to have to hand in my notice and take them to tribunal. That's crap enough in itself but the whole ttc thing will have to be put off until I find another job so I've been very down about everything.

I'll start to trawl through the pages I've missed but give me a brief summary!
New faces? BFPs?

BourbonsAndTea Mon 26-Nov-12 21:59:56

Ah I just looked up batfish - they look all sad and grumpy.. but er not cute, no haha!
I picked up Folic Acid from Savers. Big Pot. Really Cheap. Small Pills. I tried the Pregnacare last time but the pills were big and hard to swallow.

I think we should all try to keep coming back here to check-in when we get to our TTC time or we could start a 'Slightly Pointless now TTC' thread. Although, I would probably want to read and write on both. I really look forward to hearing about all your BFP's!

I had a chat with DH the other day. I was worried that every time I would mention the words "when we start trying.." or "when/if i'm pregnant again.." or "when/if we have another baby.." he would go quiet or change the subject. I was starting to think he wasn't as thrilled or excited by the idea as I am. Well, he's not. But it's not because he doesn't want another child as much as I do. He made it clear he does. It's just that he finds it hard to get excited by the idea of it before it actually happens.
I'm sure he'll get excited if/when we get a BFP and then excited later after the morning sickness has settled and we can tell people but until then at least I have all of you smile

Sorelip Mon 26-Nov-12 22:22:40

Evening all. The plague (cough/cold) has descended upon this house. I feel like roasted arse, and DS has only today been happy, having been miserable for what seems like forever. I've finished ADs, yay!

Batfish are awesome, and have the same expression as me in photos.

Leafmould Tue 27-Nov-12 00:24:48

Oh no winter pansy, I am so sorry to hear things have got so much worse at work. Did you hear back about the other job?
Tribunal sounds stressful, but they might make it worthwhile for you to settle before getting that far.

Bourbons, What you say is very interesting, many guys just can't get very involved in the whole ttc thing until it's real, [and I'm sure we all know of guys who have not got the reality of it until after the baby is born, too] so that means it is our job to make it happen!

Hope tomorrow's school run and dog walk are an improvement on today's!
I am now wishing I had bought waterproof trousers and boots when they were on offer. I don't even have any wellies!

Leafmould Tue 27-Nov-12 00:25:56

Congratulations sorelip! [Not on the cold] a major milestone!

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Tue 27-Nov-12 06:29:35

bourbons I've started a slightly pointless ones ttc now thread (although a typo has made it slghtly pountless!) opps!

Cd21 and finally a pos on opk fingers firmly crossed for this month.
I wish I tracked my cycle better before ttc so I wasnt making myself crazy with when I will ov etc.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Tue 27-Nov-12 06:32:44

Btw bourbons thats great news! My dh is the same, didnt get excited until I was 38 weeks ish...glad I have these threads to share my neurosis / excitement!

TooMuchLaptop Tue 27-Nov-12 06:44:34

Bourbons I think DP is the same here too, although we're so early on it's hard to tell. Like I said, in our last proper conversation I did tell him that it helps me to talk through all the nice stuff about having a baby, stuff we'd need, possible names, etc, because it helps me with the 'fear' side of things & for it to feel more real. He understood that and agreed, but atm i think it's still to early to talk like that! Mind you, recently I'm ok not doing so. (other than on here of course)

batfish awww i think they're cute too but they're so sad looking! sad

winterpansy I don't know what's going on, but that sounds like a nightmare. I hate that 'in limbo' feeling.

jaffacakes glad you're happy with your bfn! I too am totally ok with not being pg over xmas, i'm now very happy to wait actually.

And yes, please everyone who's graduated onto ttc don't stop posting here!! Although it'll also be exciting when some of us move on to appear on the other thread! smile

batfish Tue 27-Nov-12 08:50:47
Sorelip Tue 27-Nov-12 09:56:08

batfish in that case batfish are more cheerful than me in photos.

winterpansy I hope things improve for you. Why do workplaces sometimes end up being torture chambers?!

Leafmould thank you! It feels good not be relying on more chemical help than necessary.

Between the plague and DS waking at 4am and deciding that it was a good time to play, not much sleep has been had.

I have no idea how long my cycle is anymore, so we're playing it safe by DTD daily. One word: chafing.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Tue 27-Nov-12 12:18:17

Aaah, thanks for the link batfish <the penny drops>......yes, very cute.

Sorelip, one word in reply: ouch!

Winterpansy, good to see you again but so sorry to hear that the job situation has escalated sad I hope this difficult time passes as quickly as possible.

London, I hope all is well with you and the house move stuff is progressing nicely.

This thread is not accepting new messages.