Rainbow Babies. Making it through the storm, missing our Angels, loving and hoping for Rainbows.

(993 Posts)
RainboxFX Thu 11-Oct-12 09:22:12

A shiny new thread in memory of our angels. To bring us all BFPs, sticky beans and healthy happy Rainbows.

AngelGeorgie Sat 19-Jan-13 22:37:46

Hi MeL. Huge congrats xxx good luck with ttc .. Xx
Happy birthday tomorrow Green xxx
Kleine hope you re ok? Xx
Elly you re two thirds of the way there . Well done xx
Rainbox hope u re ok?
Sorry can t name check all. Shattered. However, my girl thinks its fine to be up playing now instead of being in bed!!!!
Hope everyone is well? Sick of this weather now it seems to be going for ever.Ant still not secured any work but got some more interviews next week. So hope he's gets something next week as have a lovely weekend lined up & don t want it to be ruined by me feeling frustrated at him.theatre on Thurs night & weekend away just me & Ant Fri & Sat ... So big FX...
Lovely not to have to go out today .relaxing again tomorrow... Stay safe on the ice everyone ... Roll on summer xxxgringrin

Babyh200 Sun 20-Jan-13 00:56:20

Hello All

Now its officially Sunday I just wanted to wish Green a very Happy 21st (cough) Birthday lol
Delighted you and the gosling are doing well and wishing your beautiful Merryn was with you to share your special day. I hope you get spoiled rotten by DH and the boys xxxx

Rainbox: Glad babybox is doing well xxx

Angel: FX for Ant. Thinking of you xxx

Kliene: Motorbike accident Sounds like an awful scare.....hope your ok xxx

Busy bee with one thing and another but quietly lurking and thinking of you all

Night Night xxxxx

Happy birthday green

Snowing here again, DH is hoping work will phone him to cancel as they canceled all deliveries yesterday

blizy Sun 20-Jan-13 12:03:27

Hi melmal, lovely to hear from you! I'm glad all is well, wishing lots of luck with ttc number 3 - wow!

Green, happy birthday my lovely!

I have had me referral letter from the fertility clinic, we have been put on the waiting list for an appointment- feck knows how long it will take.
Oh, here in Glasgow we have NO SNOW! I the k we are the only place in the uk to be free of the white stuff.

Anyway, sorry not to name check everyone, I'm supposed to be doing house work- oops. Hope you are all good, thinking of all of you fantastic ladies. X

mel so good to hear from you! Scarlet is a beautiful name and very fitting. Ttc number three wow, well if you need a bolt hole you are always welcome on the thread.

Hey mel! Yep we remember you, and congratulations on little Scarlet and good luck ttc, wow, you are brave, I couldn't manage a small age gap. I have full and total admiration for parents of more than 1 under 2. Thinking we will maybe be limbering up to the ttc wagon in the summer, so Freya will be nearly 2 then.

The weather is a total pita now. I have admired it's prettiness and we have taken Freya out to investigate the snow and taken photos. Now it can feck off and I would like the rain back! DH is flying to India tonight, currently sitting in Heathrow feeling a little glum as his flight keeps being put back and back. But I am v relieved that he is safely at the airport as I was stressing a lot about his 3 hour taxi trip to get there given the state of the roads round here at least. I've got Freya off to sleep and now feeling a bit sad and lonely sad Still, we will keep busy (as far as the bastard weather allows, no chance of getting the car out of our road for a few days), lots of baby groups in walking distance.

green happy birthday to you xx Hope you are doing something nice and all is well with the bump.

blizy I'm pleased you've got your referral sorted, and have fingers crossed that you won't need it and will have your bfp before your appt comes through.

angel fx for Ant's interviews this week.

Just spotted the recipe of the week is my old friend Cullen skink grin Rainbox I thought of you ... any further urges for that in the middle of the night??

notsoold Sun 20-Jan-13 22:12:35

Green happy b-day!!! Xxx

greengoose Mon 21-Jan-13 07:37:46

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! We had a lovely day really. We found snow on dartmoor and played in it, and the boys made me a cake. There was an amazing sunset over the moor which made Merryn feel a little closer too.
My friends are working hard at persuading me to 'do' something, but I just don't want to, I'm happy just to let it pass quietly this year.

I have to go to the docs this morning (they must be sick of me). My eyebrow has swollen up and so have my neck glands, hoping its not a thyroid related thing.... Probably just an infection. I look like a boxer!

Will catch up propery later, need to get boys to school.

Babyh200 Mon 21-Jan-13 08:31:40

Morning everyone

Green. Glad you spent the day peacefully the beautiful sunset sounds perfect xx Poor you not being well....hopefully you will get sorted at the docs. Fx its nothing to do with your thyroid xxx

Split: How you coping? I know how much you were dreading this India trip. Big hugs xx

Fan: If I'm right the 2WW is almost over for you. Thinking of you and hoping that nasty AF never comes. How's your training coming along? FX it makes a difference xx

Blizy: Hope they sort your referral quickly xxx

Sorry haven't name checked. Thinking of all our rainbows and angels.

Off to train...another one hoping getting fit and losing weight might make a difference!!

Take care in the snow lots more fell overnight where we are in the north xxx

Babyh200 Mon 21-Jan-13 08:35:25

BTW....I'm not stalking you FAN, It just stuck with me because the evil red river arrived on Christmas Day and my heart went out to you because of the awful timing xxx

Hope you are ok green, did you get seen today?

Thanks babyh I am doing fine, much better than I thought smile I was quite nervy when I knew he was actually travelling, but now I know he's settled in, been fed a fab curry and finally got a chance to go to sleep I feel fine about it. Wish he was here obv, and miss him but so far so good.

Enjoy your exercise!

greengoose Wed 23-Jan-13 08:57:25

SPILT... How are you doing? I'm glad it's a bit easier than you thought it might be with DH away. I always find the run up to DH going worse than the actual time away, when I just get on with it. Its great when they get home though!

BABYH... Ill have your snow, we still haven't had any other than on the hills! Well done with the training (and to FAN), it's a great time to start so that you can see a difference by the better weather!

BLIZY... Any snow yet? I hope that your appt comes through soon.

My face looks a bit less deformed now, although still have one eye almost shut. The doc gave me ABs, ones that are ok when preg. I'm, obviously, paranoid that the infection will have in some way caused problems.... Silly probably. The doc is also concerned about my BP, which has been silly high since Merryn. Bit frustrated she has waited until now to be concerned about it! She tested my pee, and no protein, but surely preeclampsia wouldn't start for ages anyway? I wish this could all be a bit easier! Anyway, I have another scan next Tuesday, at 9+2, so I'll feel better if that goes smoothly. One day at a time.....

green Im just going to say breathe! Slow down hun, your right one day at a time and if thats too much take it one hour at a time. I really hope that the AB;s work and that the Doctor pulls their finger out and gets stuff done for you.

AF started for me yesterday, its ok as we were on a break this month. But I need to get back into it, I feel that last month was a waste. Which is silly as Im trying to get fit. I have lost 6lbs yay!

Hoping everyone else is ok?

RainboxFX Fri 25-Jan-13 16:13:01

Fan 6lbs is impressive! Are you doing diet or exercise or both? Hope it carries on going the way you want. Though I can now hear Ross from friends in my head shouting WE WERE ON A BREAK! grin

Green hope you are feeling better. I am sure you didn't look like a boxer, but my dog would like to assure you that boxers are beautiful and exotic creatures anyway. I have put a pic of her on facebook so you can see! Sounds like the best possible way to spend a birthday. Keep going, Fan is right. One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time. We will get there. When is your scan on Tuesday? I am 13:10, then consultant afterwards.

Spilt how you are doing well, and not missing DH too much! I do like it when mine goes away, but the novelty wears off really quickly! The insomnia has really kicked in for me now, so there is danger of mad midnight culinary experiments. I blame you entirely for the cullen skink thing!

Angel hope all is going well with Ant's search and you are having a lovely weekend away.

Blizy I am glad they have at least started the referal process for you. FX it will all go quickly and smoothly from here. I have friends in Glasgow complaining about the lack of snow, we have tons! Six foot drifts around here, travelling anywhere has gotten really really interesting!

Babyh hope the training is going well. What kind of stuff are you doing?

Kleine after a week I can now sit down without crying, thank you for asking grin I don't know if it is because it is such a big injection, or that they put it into the muscle, but it is nippy! How are you getting on? Any thoughts about jobs and things? Thinking about you.

Melmal nice to meet you, Scarlett and Ruby are such beautiful names. I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with my DC2. My son Dexter died last may after being born at 24 weeks.

Much love to everyone. Hope everyone is coping with all this snow!

Planning on murdering my MIL. She ran into a friend of mine in the garden centre, told her I was signed off work, then refused to tell her why. Of course, said friend came rushing round horribly worried to see if I was alright so the cat has been let out of the bag a bit! Still, we would have thought about telling people soonish anyone, and I trust this friend to keep her trap shut! MIL is totally unrepentant about this and claims she has done nothing wrong [bhmmm]

Happy Burns Night!

Ellypoo Fri 25-Jan-13 17:11:57

Hi all - fan you are doing so well - 6lbs is great! Are you doing SW again?

Hope you are all ok - blizy I hope your appointment comes very soon.

Had flu jab this morning, can't have whooping cough til 28 weeks, so nurse is going to tell the practice manager off for sending out letters with the wrong info on!
had another growth scan this morning, all still ok so far. Am just getting really anxious. Consultant has told me that 28 weeks is the next big milestone, so 3 weeks to go - also is next scan and GTT then. While we were waiting for the scan, one of my friends was wheeled down - she lost her DD during birth last March, and she is buried next to Nancy. She is 35 weeks pg with twins, and is in hospital due to having tightenings and her anxiety levels. It's just such a scary time.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say hi to you all, am thinking of you all loads even if I'm not on here so much xx

AngelGeorgie Fri 25-Jan-13 18:07:26

Elly xxx it is a scarey time but you will get through & come out the other side xxx take it easy.
Rainbox mils grh.... Awful beings!!!! 12 weeks wow xxx when's your next scan? Xxx
Spilt hope you re enjoying you re peace & quiet ? Xxx
Hope everyone's ok?
We ve made it to Durham through whiteouts & blizzards . The snows really bad up here we ve had it light compared to up here!!! Hotel lovely , nice to chill & if the weathers no better to not have to go out tomorrow. I ve got 2 books & a Phebs free day!!! Missing her already but she's having the time of her life with my folks...gringrin
Ant has tempary job starting at Nationwide on Monday ,3 miles from where we live in a call centre. Not his idea of fun but hey ho!!!
Here to Sunday then I m off with Phebs on Monday to spoil her rotten.
Hope all are surviving the weather? Xxxxx
Oh Fan well done I m returning to SW on Monday my last weigh in was Xmas eve I ve put 3 lb back on so quite happy with that but back to it now!!!( well, after the weekend!!!) xxx

Oh argh rainbox bloody MIL!! How infuriating. Why do people do this??

angel ahve a FANTASTIC childfree weekend, gosh you must feel almost giddy with freedom! Have a wee alone. Eat without small child on lap trying to nick your food. Talk to people without small child climbing your legs. Finish your sentence and thought. Oh my goodness I feel giddy at the thought! Have a lovely time my dear, very much deserved and needed! And congrats to Ant, tis a relief to have a wage even if the work is a bit crappy. Fx for something he would prefer soon.

green glad your face is going back to normal. I thought preeclampsia only occurred for the first time in first and very occasionally second pgs (to the same man)? As it's thought to be possibly to do with a reaction to his sperm?? I think?? And I'm sure it doesn't turn up until 2nd/3rd trimester, I am sure you are ok! Nearly scan day, lots of luck. What time is it?

elly you are doing amazingly, great news on a good scan. It is so scary isn't it. Like the stakes get higher the nearer you get as the goal seems to be so close and yet so far, and you've come so far already and invested so much... We all understand. Today you are pregnant, and this will pass, you're getting there, one day at a time. <pompoms>

fan wow to 6lbs that is a fab achievement. Do you have a weight loss goal or just seeing how it goes?

After a good start we are now struggling without DH. Freya is totally thrown and unsettled, tantrums GALORE, really clingy and needy (hysterics when I put her down for 40 secs so I can have a quick wee), and not eating properly. I am going crackers. My sister has come to stay for the weekend which is very welcome company and help. One more week to go, one more week to go <chants>

greengoose Fri 25-Jan-13 22:21:56

FAN, well done on the weight loss... That's a great total in a short time, you must be being really good! Well done! Also thanks for telling me to breathe, I can feel my shoulders getting higher and stiffer as the day goes on, I need to relax a bit!

RAINBOX... Agree with aaaagh about MIL. Not good.
My scan is at 10am on tues... Once again we are scan buddies. I hope it's all as good as last time for us both!

SPILT.. Poor you and F, I'm glad your sister is going to be with you, it's horrible when they are little and stressed, so difficult to make them understand what's happening. Only a week.....
You are right of course, Preeclampsia only starts about 20 weeks earliest, caused, they think, by problems in placenta. It is unusual in later pregnancies with same father, but merryns tumour caused a freak type of PE in me called mirror syndrome, which means I might get it again this time. Not helped by being left with high BP. I'll just have to wait and see.... But they are watching closely.

ANGEL, glad your DH has found a job, even if it's only to tide you over a little, it's good he's keen to take whatever he can, but rough he can't get what he'd prefer...

ELLY... Hope your friend is ok. And that you are feeling fine after jab.

Blizy... Doing anything for burns night? Nobody here except me likes haggis, and I don't think I could stomach it right now, but I usually love it!

Well, my face is more or less normal again! Roll on Tuesday and the next scan, getting a little worked up now! Sorry ive missed people, but knackered and need sleep!

Ah, AF started this morning. Would explain why yesterday felt SUCH hard work and I was so short fused!!

Little9 Sun 27-Jan-13 11:52:44

Hello ladies. I am sorry for my absence. Alas, I have another angel. Deja vu. My waters broke at 20 weeks again, and little Lily was born sleeping last night. Was very quick which is something, I suppose. Will be trying again in a few months time. Not sure how many times I can keep going through this, but hopefully they'll look after me a bit more next time. Have changed consultants, as was not happy with mine - he was definitely not a people person!! Am having all the usual pm/tests etc to see if they can find the cause but likely to be just an infection again. I apologise for not looking at anyone else's news, but hope you are all doing ok. Take care everyone, xxx

lemonsherbet Sun 27-Jan-13 12:31:42

Little just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear your news. Am a lurker on this and the june thread. I can not imagine how heartbreaking it must be to go through this a second time. I can not think of the words to say but wanted you to know I was thinking of you. Take care.

KleinePoppet Sun 27-Jan-13 13:40:01

Oh little. I can't believe it. I am so sad and shocked and horrified and sorry, for you and your DH and of course for little Lily. As lemonsherbet says - I simply can't imagine what it's like, having to go through everything again.

Your two girls have such beautiful names. I am just so sorry they're not with you. It's unbearable. I am sending you so much love as you go through these dark, dark days. We will be here, if you need or want us. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

greengoose Sun 27-Jan-13 13:50:00

Oh Little. I'm so completely sorry. My heart aches for you and your family, and your daughter Lily. I can't believe this has happened to you again, it's just completely wrong.
If you want to talk or rant or scream or anything at all, we are all here for you. This is so bloody unfair.
I'm sure the others will be along soon too, I can't find anything to say that means anything, but my heart is aching for you, and I will be thinking of your angels. Lily is such a beautiful name, and so perfect with a sister called Daisy. I'm so sorry they are not with you, where they should be.
I hope you and your DH are being looked after, but if there is ANYTHING I can do or you need anything practical now or later, please pm me.

Oh no little sitting here with tears streaming, so so sorry! What a beautiful name for your precious girl and sister for Daisy!
I echo the rest if there is anything I can do...

AngelGeorgie Sun 27-Jan-13 14:39:25

Little I'm so sorry ....poor u & u re family. Thinking of you all. Pls take care all of you xxxxx so sorry xxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now