Don't want to do a test :(

(110 Posts)
SadPanda Mon 08-Oct-12 16:05:27

I'm so mixed up and don't have anyone to talk to. I feel so sad. sad

My period is definately a week overdue, possibly 3 or more as I can't remember exactly when the last one was. They've become a bit less reliable than they used to be and are so light they barely register anymore. Hormone changes due to my age I think (I'm 40 now).

My husband and I started trying to conceive several years ago but sadly nothing happened. Then as hormones started to change nature became cruel and PMT symtoms became more and more like being pregnant. I spent a small fortune on pregnancy tests each month only for period to start straight after testing. The emotional rollcoaster was killing me, so I got off it and resigned myself to not getting pregnant and to be honest, once I passed 40 I thought the ship had sailed.

Now I feel terrible, can't sleep, get up several times in the night to pee, my breasts are so sore on the outside and achey on the inside. I know I need to do a test but I can't bring myself to do it. I feel like I'm kidding myself and I can't cope with the hurt of being back on the rollercoaster. But I want to know. But when it says negative I'll feel like such a fool. Again. sad

It's probably all stress related anyway. sad

You made me well up, I'm that chuffed for you as your op sounded so sad. Now chuck some of that baby dust bleurgh my way grin
Congratulations!

I've just re read your thread and welled up again. <twat emoticon>

NotInGuatemalaNowDrRopata Tue 09-Oct-12 17:37:15

Lovely! Congratulations grin

nananaps Tue 09-Oct-12 17:38:17

SO it is time for your miracle Panda...

Pats bench...come and sit down with me on the miracle bench, its lush here...

grin
[grin
grin

sittinginthesun Tue 09-Oct-12 17:39:44

Oh, congratulations! What wonderful news.

piratecat Tue 09-Oct-12 17:47:43

sooooooooooooooo pleased for you grin grin

Huge congratulations OP!!

mynameis Tue 09-Oct-12 17:51:15

What a lovely lovely thread. Big congratulations to you grin

Funnylittleturkishdelight Tue 09-Oct-12 17:51:49

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What a lovely piece of news for you! This thread has made me really smile!

Brodicea Tue 09-Oct-12 17:54:11

grin

Lauzifer Tue 09-Oct-12 18:00:43

What a lovely thread. Congratulations panda x grin

aufaniae Tue 09-Oct-12 18:06:42

A faint line is a line! Congratulations! grin grin

tiredteddy Tue 09-Oct-12 18:10:45

Ahh I just read you thread. Firstly congratulations. I love your name change to daringtohopepanda hopefully when you feel a bit more confident you can name change again to... pregnantpanda grin

beckslovestimmy Tue 09-Oct-12 18:13:09

A huge congratulations. The best bit about telling my husband was seeing his face and his tears. For someone who always said he wasn't that bothered and never showed his emotions he had the biggest grin and tears of joy, don't think he stopped smiling for days! You've got so many great moments to experience now, your scans, hearing the heart beat, feeling those first kicks:movements gringringringringringrin so pleased for you xxxx

Pipbin Tue 09-Oct-12 18:15:56

Sat here in tears, such a hopeful story.

Dillydollydaydream Tue 09-Oct-12 18:18:28

Great news. Congratulations!

WipsGlitter Tue 09-Oct-12 18:19:25

sniff

Lovely thread. Congratulations.

InTheNightGarden Tue 09-Oct-12 18:22:55

awww, started reading and felt really sorry for you sad and just hoped you were!

then I skipped through a bit of the responses to find your news of the positive test!!! probably put the biggest smile on my face all dayyyy!! CONGRATULATIONS smile super happy for you smile

blondebaby111 Tue 09-Oct-12 18:27:16

omg what a lovely thread. Reading this has given me and proberly a few others hope. A massive congrats to you...i'm welling up now!!! Bet you can't wait ti share this news with hubby smile

essexmumma Tue 09-Oct-12 18:30:13

This is the best thread I have seen in so long. Congratulations OP. grin

willitbe Tue 09-Oct-12 19:08:44

Congratulations on your pregnancy grin this is great news. And great that you do seem to have already got half-way through the first trimester! Each step is precious as is your little one that is growing in you!

Hope that you enjoy seeing your dh face when you tell him.

RubyrooUK Tue 09-Oct-12 19:18:02

Congratulations. grin

pixiestix Tue 09-Oct-12 19:29:56

Ohhhhh, congratulations Panda. What wonderful, wonderful news smile

Ahhhtetley Tue 09-Oct-12 19:33:00

I love threads like this grin congratulations

Happybunny12 Tue 09-Oct-12 19:34:21

This made me cry! I have a newborn so I did the positive poas thing pretty recently so this brought it all back- how wonderful for you! Exciting times ahead!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now