Argh! Someone slap some sense into me!

(7 Posts)

We've had to relocate (and still haven't found a buyer for our house) but even that hasn't been distracting enough. Today I found out that a friend is expecting her first baby next year. I am so happy for her but a little jealous as well.

Am in the same boat. I don't feel comfortable complaining at all either because we do have three lovely DC already, but we always wanted four. I'm used to conceiving within a cycle or two as well (although hanging on to them I'm not so good at - I've had two late first trimester and three chemicals, and the last two pregnancies have been high risk) I'm on cycle 5 now, have had two chemicals in the last two cycles and beginning to wonder if my eggs have gone to seed! Which is a crazy thought after five cycles but when you're used to something different you do wonder if something has gone wrong somewhere in the meantime especially as I'm over 35 this time out.

It's hard not to obsess. I've been trying to distract myself with things like moving house and relocating, but that's also slow progress and currently out of my control too, so I can't win.

wrighty2010 Wed 10-Oct-12 14:09:52

Hi, just wanted to say hello and not to be hard on yourself, once we decide we want to get pregnant its almost as if something takes over your life and its all we can think about!! Im not going to patronise you but what I will say is dont be alone make sure you talk to someone and let them know how you are feeling, it can and does take its toll on you! take care xxx

FloJo151 Mon 08-Oct-12 14:44:29

we are ttc no: 3 and like you fell pg with 1 and 2 within first month of 'trying' and am now on cycle 4 of trying (with a chem preg/mc within those cycles)
have no idea about ov signs or anything as didnt need it before! so just trying to dtd most nights from about 3 days after finishin af!

I'm only 29! I have a short LP at the mo so I've started a B100 vitamin as a 7 day LP isn't likely to help.

HeidiHole Mon 08-Oct-12 14:20:08

How old are you now compared to other pregnancies? thats probably all it is. I hope it happens soon for you smile

I'm not expecting any sympathy or replies I just need to vent my frustration. We are ttc dc4 (hence not expecting any sympathy) and I'm rubbish at this ttc malarkey. I have absolutely no patience. I have fallen pg on cycle one five times previously without even taking note of when I might be OVing (2 mc). Not this time. I stupidly thought that I would get pg straight after mirena removal and yet here I am, cycle 5 still actively trying. I know that's nothing compared to a lot of women and I have no right moaning at all. I swear that I'm going to end up depressed, neurotic or both.

That's all. As you were.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now