TTC Super Ovulation part 3

(978 Posts)
Arianrhod Mon 08-Oct-12 08:30:07

Hey ladies -

There are a few of us who are ttc after mc's, however there will be ladies out there who are also ttc for the first time or second or third without success. If anyone is on, considering or had success on a super ovulation programme then do join us. How long did it take ? Did you try IUI with it.. ? Did you have PCOS?

Kicking this off and hoping some of you will join....

part 1 here:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1385998-TTC-Super-Ovulation

Part 2 here:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1475108-TTC-Super-Ovulation-part-2?pg=1

Mel3062 Fri 10-May-13 14:39:57

Thanks lemon for your support, it can't hurt and is helping me focus. I got a private quote at £3000 plus consultation. I doubt they'll do it on nhs and if they did it would be a long wait. Really pleased things are going well for you. X serum seems the place to go and my sister who's a nurse would come with me

Mel3062 Fri 10-May-13 14:40:34

I think after 5 miscarriages it must need a deep clean ;)

duggs1976 Fri 10-May-13 19:29:35

Wow go serum ! Good luck ladies what a positive step. Thanks sue and wow what a blog - frying pan to fire... I recommend you all read it. Enough said.

Got my gonal F from asda - not enough time for healthcare at home. Price list for drugs excellent info.

Hope all ok today. grin

Mel3062 Sat 11-May-13 08:52:58

Can anyone tell me why my hcg has to be 0 before I can have hysterscopy? It would make good timing for me to have this next week x

ChoccyPud Sat 11-May-13 10:09:01

Mel I was told I had to have my hysteroscopy in the first 7/8 days of my cycle ie between end of af and ovulation so there was no chance that I was pg. That's sadly not your situation at the mo - you know you can't be pg.

Saying that the only reason I can think of why you'd have to wait for hcg to drop is that ime even post ERPC it took some time for the bleeding to stop, it was stop-start rather than constant iykwim and if your hcg hasn't dropped yet there could still be a chance you'll bleed some more as it falls. I guess that would mean they'd see more lining in there than "normal" and thus make the hysto of less value?

Also bear in mind that whilst your hcg is still up your body is still getting over the mc and getting back to normal. I understand only too well the adrenaline is coursing through and you want to move forward and feel like you're doing something constructive after being kicked in the guts yet again. But listen to the advice and to your body. Take time. Another few weeks waiting for af to come back before doing the hysteroscopy really isn't that long and your head will be far more back in the game by then.

Everyone's different though, I can only speak from my experience - I hope I've been of some help though. Hugs

Mel3062 Sat 11-May-13 10:47:06

Thanks choccy that's really helpful. Please don't feel I'm rushing as we won't try again for a couple of cycles yet anyway but I'm a teacher and as I'm off next week it would be ideal time for me to go as I won't be allowed more time off. My bleeding has stopped and I'm hoping that my cycle isn't too long to recover as last years was 5 weeks and I mc naturally then. The next time I could go which may be better would be half term in. 2 weeks time but then I don't know if I'd be approaching ovulation and lining would be thicker? X

buzzybee123 Sat 11-May-13 12:33:10

mel do you mean you were quoted £3000 for a hysteo here, i'm sure when I asked at NLC a year ago they said £1300 for a hysteo

i'm with Reprofit in Brno in the Czech republic, they have very good prices so it might be worth looking at their website, I am totally amazed by the clinic and the staff, I cannot tell you how nice it was to be in a place where you feel like an individual not a number, a clinic that was calm clean and friendly, not something I have really experienced in the UK. their communication is good, they don't try and flog you with things you don't need, also they use the czech koronas not euros so its quite cheap here, dinner for two with drinks is around £15, good transport with buses and trams.

I have just had two embies put back, I felt totally confident with all the decisions being made, it has been quite a calming and relaxed trip, I thought i'd be stressed but feel alright about everything.

ari wishing you all the best when its your turn, not long now smile

Mel3062 Sat 11-May-13 15:42:02

Thanks for the info buzzy their is a lot of price difference! The price was from a bupa type place :/ I don't think so x

suemays Sat 11-May-13 15:51:34

Mel I had a hysteroscopy on the NHS in the UK and it took about 4 weeks from doctors GP to treatment. I could see my uterus on a screen and it all looked clear. I guess it depends if you can afford to go private but I knew I wanted to keep the money for any other treatment. I have found that my cycles take longer to come back with each loss but it's different for everyone. They are still not back to normal after my termination last October.

Buzzybee good luck with the embies - I hope you get a bfp!!

Ari good luck to you too.

Once again I have another friend who has just told me she is pregnant. She has been trying for a year and a half and has had 2 chemicals in that time so it was nice in a way to talk to someone else who was having a hard time. I feel angry that it's not me again even though I am happy for her. I gave her loads of advice on supplements and referred her to my acupuncturist but as usual I am still left waiting. Getting fed up with it now as I am sure you all are!

buzzybee123 Sat 11-May-13 15:52:12

mel I know you want to get on with it, so would i , it can't hurt to see what other places say, I find they all vary so much that it is hard to know what to believe, will you go for just the hysteo or are you going to look into ivf treatment too

buzzybee123 Sat 11-May-13 15:56:30

sue its tough getting announcements, my last one was a couple of months ago, was a total shock, I felt physically ill when she told me blush but she knows my history and has been surportive, what are you doing treatment wise now.

I am hoping this will work, if not that we will have some frosties as we can't afford another fresh cycle and we know that we can't manage it naturally with our results so we are ready to move onto adoption after this

Mel3062 Sat 11-May-13 16:11:26

Thanks sue ill ask my doctor but dont think I've any chance of getting it on nhs sad ill ask though.
Buzzy dont think wel have money for ivf if have hysteo done private plus I can get pregnant and recurrant miscarriage consultant said she won't redo fertilty tests because of this. I just hope it doesn't take another year but hopefully the humira will help me concieve again. Couldn't have hysteo done with mr s ill need to be totally knocked out!! X

buzzybee123 Sat 11-May-13 16:17:10

if you can go overseas then do, I feel you get better service and care, some women come here for IUI which I thought was mad but its so much cheaper even with flights, Stansted is a bugger to get to though smile

suemays Sat 11-May-13 16:27:41

Breezy what's fragile X syndrome? Never heard of it! When do you start treatment?

I am on the short protocol so start the steroids on Monday and then the stimms from my period.

I have been trying to adapt a few things in my food and drink, not sure if any of this will help you or any others and some of it is probably a load of mumbo jumbo! Some of it might be good for natural conception too.

- Surround yourself in the colour orange as it's supposed to be good for fertility!
- Do a detox before treatment
- Body brushing every day before a shower to help the lymph nodes regulate the immune system.
- Hot & cold showers after your normal one (30 secs as hot as you can take it followed by 30 secs cold x 3) - for the lymph nodes again.

- Weekly acupuncture.

- Eat lots of protein to help egg quality (60g a day)
- Drink 2 litres of water a day
- Eliminate all tea and coffee even decaf and replace with herbal.
- Replace cows milk with Rice or Almond and avoid other dairy products
- Cut back wheat & increase veg intake esp leafy veg.
- Eat foods rich in Vit B1 and B6

Sleep and rest as much as you can before and after IVF.
Use a hot water bottle daily on lower abdomen until transfer.

Try deep breathing for 20 mins a day and focus on colour blue. Visualise the procedure from eggs developing through to uterus thickening every day and then embedding and repeat to yourself that it will work.

- 2 weeks before retrieval - take 500mg Vit C and 20mg Zinc. Apparently aspirin can deplete your vitamin C which can help with miscarriages. Other vitamins which tend to help against miscarriage are: 400iu Vitamin E, 400mg Magnesium & 200mcg Selenium. Also advised to take Co Q 10 - 800mg a day to help follicle quality plus normal pregnacare etc. I also take high grade fish oils to help reduce inflammation of immune system.

Day before retrieval, take 6c arnica 4 times a day to help with healing until transfer.

- Avoid strenuous exercise during stimm phase through to preg test - it takes the blood flow away from the uterus.

After transfer, no hot baths, no sunbathing, no housework! Try to put your feet up as much as poss as even sitting at a desk can restrict blood flow.

Sorry for the massive post!

suemays Sat 11-May-13 16:34:07

Mel a hysteroscopy is a standard investigation into recurrent miscarriages so I think if you have had 4 you can request on the NHS. Just keep pushing for it and they should do it for you. It seems to be you have to shout to get anything these days!!!

Buzzy I am getting constant texts from my friend on how she is feeling etc so not very sensitive. She has even offered me all her vitamins and clomid as thinks she doesnt need them now she has got pregnant!!! I wish I could be that positive a pregnancy would work.

I would never get DH to agree to go overseas so we are going for IVF at one of the Lister satellite clinics. Very small chance of success but I want to try anyway.

buzzybee123 Sat 11-May-13 17:43:56

sue I have heard good things about the lister, de ivf in the uk is around £7000 this is around £4500 including travel etc. my eggs are crap amh of 1:1 and husbands sperm is now pretty crap so we felt this was our best option, I wasn't keen on NLC or Create for ivf.

sorry your friend isn't being sensitive, it doesn't help that she knows your history

I have to say I didn't do much prep work for this, I have managed to lose a lot of weight before starting all of this and my diet is pretty good but I haven't done much else other cut out booze and coffee although I ahve eaten some crap in the last few days smile

Mel3062 Sun 12-May-13 08:33:44

Sue this is no 5 sad

Arianrhod Mon 13-May-13 09:38:34

mel To answer your question, I think of Friday (sorry, not been on all weekend), I booked my hotel (Alexandros) through www.hotelopia.com . I'd recommend the Alex, they were really helpful - and checkout is midday, which was really useful for us!

Reading all the posts with interest, nice to see a range of options out there! smile

Mel3062 Mon 13-May-13 11:05:01

Thanks ari
Just been doctors she's given me 2 lots of antibiotics and also offered to give me a sick note as long as I want one for and antidepressants to "support" me should I want them (don't think I do)
She's going to ring me in a week about return to work and how I am. I asked about the hysterscopy and said she'd refer me if recurrant miscarriage consultant says so in June, she doesn't think I need it as a scan tells abnormalities and regular periods shed lining. Think itl still be Athens then as I feel it's something I have to do x

Arianrhod Mon 13-May-13 11:42:58

Hmmm Regular periods don't shed scar tissue. But anyway .. smile You should do what you feel you need to m'dear, regardless of what the NHS says or thinks. Did you send all your tests/form etc off to Penny, are you arranging a consultation with her? I'd just be interested to hear what she thinks. Hugs to you, take care of yourself.

Mel3062 Mon 13-May-13 14:47:59

No I thought that too. Yes sent stuff to serum hoping to go next week by which time hopefully hcg will be down and itl be before ovulation. I may feel abit more up to it then too. My hubby has lost faith in nhs and certainly hearing of you ladies who've had it on the nhs and not found anything then serum did makes me wonder. Yes money can only stretch so far but I think even if I waited and maybe got referred on nhs then I'd still wonder what serum may of found and in my situation I can't lose another baby for the sake of £2500 x

duggs1976 Tue 14-May-13 06:48:31

So proud of all you ladies who are ploughing ahead with DE.
Is it really 4500 pounds or there a bouts in Greece and Czech ??

Did I read that correctly?

duggs1976 Tue 14-May-13 08:27:59

Did u see post on pred thread from helter? She has IVF and immune treatment baby boy born. December !

Arianrhod Tue 14-May-13 11:18:43

€5000 at Serum for a donor egg cycle duggs, which was £4302 yesterday (actual rate that I got, not the full exchange rate).

Fantastic news from Helter, will go read the other thread now!

mel Best of luck for next week if you do end up going next week - do you have Agate's fabulous map, shows you where everything is? Are you booking in at the Alex? I hope it all goes well for you, you can't but be comforted by Penny's approach to be honest, she really comes across that she genuinely cares and wants to get you a baby! Did you have a phone consultation with her yet?

Mel3062 Tue 14-May-13 11:36:37

Thanks ari yes will prob book in at the Alex. Not had a phone consultation yet as not sure exact day ill be going as my sisters coming so hopefully sort it soon.she said I can go as soon as no bleeding- which I haven't and I've nearly got a negative test sad what with testing daily and seeing bruised tummy it's not nice. Got my recurrant appointment through for June 3rd so that will be 4 weeks not 6??? Seems abit too soon for results ?! X choccy its sooner than yours which is bizarre :/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now