TTC Super Ovulation part 3

(978 Posts)
Arianrhod Mon 08-Oct-12 08:30:07

Hey ladies -

There are a few of us who are ttc after mc's, however there will be ladies out there who are also ttc for the first time or second or third without success. If anyone is on, considering or had success on a super ovulation programme then do join us. How long did it take ? Did you try IUI with it.. ? Did you have PCOS?

Kicking this off and hoping some of you will join....

part 1 here:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1385998-TTC-Super-Ovulation

Part 2 here:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1475108-TTC-Super-Ovulation-part-2?pg=1

brownstag Fri 11-Jan-13 13:50:46

No, you wouldn't be able to see endo on a scan, except for large endometriomas; I had severe symptoms from ten years old, heavy periods, dreadful pain, later painful sex. It was diagnosed by laparascopy aged 22. I had read a book on it so knew that sometimes it isn't visible even on laparoscopy if you get it at the wrong time of the month so I engineered the appointment to be while I was having my period. It was definitely visible! Stage 4. But I'm an extreme case. You can have virtually no symptoms but severe disease and vice versa. I think hysteroscopy can show blocked tubes but the dye test is better.
Am off to Google Wobenzym N ...

Mel3062 Sat 12-Jan-13 06:46:08

Umm interesting. Ivf on the nhs?! What a rare thing!!
Going to google whatever his name is too!!
I don't think I'm someone who doesn't get a positive on hpt as always have done in my 4 mc :/
Umm...
Could it be the royal jelly delaying af I take 1000mg? But have taken that for a few months now?

Abney Sat 12-Jan-13 09:06:07

Hi all. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. All OK with my pg 22 weeks and 3 days. I just thought I would step in on the SO debate. I was one of those ladies who got pg very easily even when I was 42 and 43. I had my last mc christmas 2012. As I was worried about my age as soon as I could ttc again I went on the SO plan. I saw plenty of follies in this time all the right size but I had no success. After coming off it I tried naturally with good old ov sticks and it was luckily a successful outcome first time and here I am now. I still say 'if' all is OK I will be on maternity leave, etc, as it will never feel real until lo arrives.

Ari I think you have a similar history to me re getting pg easily. I was also worried about approaching 45 and I also thought that this would be the time to give up but realistically once you are on the treadmill and once ttc'ing has been part of your life for so long it is almost impossible to stop. Also now you are 45 I bet you don't feel any different from being 44. Many, many people tell me that their 'mothers' had them when they were 45. Strangely people keep asking me if I would try for another one after this one. I immediately think no that would be a really daft idea and I state that I would be too old but strangely in the back of my mind I think when DS is born I will still be only 45. Utter madness or what. I think alot of it is down to bad eggs so for you Ari you could just be waiting for that good egg. Keeping everything crossed for you.

Good luck to everyone else this year. May all of your wishes come true. I will be eagerly looking for more BFP's.

Mel3062 Sat 12-Jan-13 14:08:19

Aww thanks abney and good luck I look forward to hearing your ba xx

Mel3062 Wed 16-Jan-13 19:30:19

Well ladies day 50 and still no af sad got bfn mon. Haven't got tb so get humira tomorrow but I don't know If to do it just in case, wishful thinking I know as I know I can't be as haven't dtd since dec 21st!!

Arianrhod Thu 17-Jan-13 09:43:02

Day 50? Crikey .. have you ever had long cycles before? Are you usually regular? Have you been taking anything that could affect your hormones? Well good luck with the humira, hope that does the trick for you - and if you're not pg, then I hope AF hurries up!!

Thanks abney, I'm sure you're right, it's "just" a case of catching any good egg that might still be around. But I just wonder how much longer I'm likely to have any good eggs left, and still don't know whether to go back on SO or not, to double my chances of catching that egg every month. Not doing it for the moment, but have just started taking Wobenzym (£ouch!) and thought I'd give maca a go as well. Not expensive, fortunately, but smells & tastes pretty disgusting (and that's just the capsules, goodness knows what the powder is like!). Who knows - it won't hurt, and it may do some good somewhere.

Of course, I'm probably just chucking more money away ... !

We've just discovered that OH has heart problems, he's having an angiogram today to find out the extent, so although I'm still on the TTC trail I'm keeping very quiet about it right now. Not sure how things are going to play out but obviously this is more important, although time is still ticking so I'll keep going, just quietly, if you know what I mean.

Mel3062 Thu 17-Jan-13 17:27:35

Aw ari hope alls ok.
I'm normally v regular 28/31 days I've only ever had another long one that was 42 days and it was because it was a dud month on the scan so didn't ovitrelle but this is crazy sad
Might take wobenzam myself! X

Pebbles73 Fri 18-Jan-13 16:06:54

Hi Mel & Ari and anyone else who is still lurking. Haven't been posting as not much to contribute at the moment. Very skint after the holiday so haven't made an appointment to see Mr S yet as I know needing humira is going to cost £££ and then even more ££££££ for ivf. Need to get money together and my head together to get back on the ttc trail and all the drugs it involves. Not feeling very positive at all anymore and wondering if it is worth all the money!

So sorry to hear about your oh Ari, I can see it would put ttc on the back burner so to speak.

Mel that is a very long cycle indeed, have you spoken to Me S about it?

Sorry for the negative post although on the plus side have been promoted at work so may have to concentrate on that for a bit anyway.grin

Mel3062 Fri 18-Jan-13 17:07:15

Aw pebbles well done on promotion I know what you mean about the money sad
Af showed up today so been for lh/fsh blood test and onto humira mon. Mr s will hopefully say something about cycle length when I go in a month or so it's never been that long!! Does royal jelly do that??
Waves to all x

duggs1976 Sat 19-Jan-13 07:28:19

Pebbles, mel, ari, brown ...who else is out there? Ok so continuing the theory about SO and it's benefits. .. I had a couple mths off the drugs and the SO plan and got a positive ( not big and not fat) few days ago. I'm terrified and am sure will fail but point is this is first positive I've had in over a year since starting with dr s - aside from one IVF round that quickly failed last April. My theory relates to DH and having better sperm DNA fragmentation. Too early for any real theories but I can't help but think with his rate last summer 33% we had a 1% chance of live birth. All NK cells treatment was irrelevant. Anyone with a DH already is not relevant to but pebbles maybe something u could think about? His normal sperm analysis was fine lots of it and very motile etc it is a more in depth test. Just a thought as that is the only correlation to this positive pregnancy result - which may well fail still- but I wanted to mention again.

duggs1976 Sat 19-Jan-13 07:30:07

Opps meant anyone with a child already not DH already !

Mel3062 Sat 19-Jan-13 10:48:05

Oh duggs I so hope this is it for you fingers crossed I can imagine how you must be feeling ( whispers congrats) I guess it's one step at a time honey. I have a oh but she's 18 and was born 11 weeks early so that's another thing... So id be interested to know more about what you mean duggs as my hubby's result was ok. I don't know if I've had abit of implantation failure as af is v heavy and stringy (sorry!) still hoping humira will do the trick x

Mel3062 Sat 19-Jan-13 10:48:51

Oops got child already so just saw not relevant?! X

Pebbles73 Sat 19-Jan-13 14:11:54

Oh wow Duggs a positive is a fantastic start and I have everything I can possibly cross crossed for you!! grin
As your nk's are no longer high you should be in with a great chance if this being the one that sticks.

So that's two people now including Abney who have had positives after stopping super ov, very interesting. Of course though you were people who got pregnant naturally anyway which has never happened for me.

I hear what you are saying Duggs but where do all the tests stop? You can just go on and on testing things and we just don't have that kind if money. I just feel unfortunately for us t just isn't going to happen, when I had the miscarriage last year I just had this feeling I would never be pregnant again. I think it will be one last shot at ivf with immune treatment this year and then will call it a day. Have enjoyed having my life back again these last couple of months and feeling more like my old self.

duggs1976 Sun 20-Jan-13 09:12:44

Hear what you are saying mel and pebbles. I hope humira does the trick mel. It is your best shot it seems. I am watching out for you. pebbles it seems you are naturally coming to a place - IVF with NK cells treatment is a great last shot- what more could you do as you say - where to draw the line? Have you and DH discussed or considered adoption as a future possibility if things don't develop on this front? Sorry I can't remember if you've ever mentioned that route before?

duggs1976 Sun 20-Jan-13 17:26:45

Spotting today and negative not pregnant on test - oh well at least was v early hmm

Breezyweezy Sun 20-Jan-13 18:20:15

Oh duggs just wanted to pop my head in to say bugger. I had everything crossed that this was going to be the one for you. At least is was early, like you say, but that still doesn't stop the disappointment and sadness does it?

ari hope the tests on your OH went well.

Waves to all and hope you had a nice snowy weekend.

duggs1976 Sun 20-Jan-13 18:39:56

Thanks breezy !! I'm ok kind of expected it but still!!! Hope everyone is ok. What r u up to btw?

Mel3062 Sun 20-Jan-13 19:12:45

Aww duggs so sorry to hear that sad our bodies can be so cruel.
Just had humira it stung me so getting some emla cream to numb it next time!! X

Breezyweezy Sun 20-Jan-13 19:27:49

duggs I know you learn to live with, and expect, the disappointment each month when nothing happens, but it still hurts though!
I am just keeping going, biding my time till my NHS fertility app at the beginning of Feb at UCH. Am kind of hoping they bypass any IUI and go straight to IVF (they do it at CRGH apparently), but am sure they will want to try the low cost alternatives first. OH isn't really too keen on any of it tbh. I am going to struggle to get him to go do his "business" before the appointment as you have to do it at the hospital. He prefers the luxury of home even though I have told him they probably have visual aids or to just to take his ipad!! wink. Just wish it was easier, but it's now 2 years since I was last pg, so wondering if my rather undetectable AMH is the cause and we'll never get to have a baby! Anyway...I have another 10 weeks of jury service to occupy my mind!

mel glad to hear you have finally got to have your first humira shot. Let's hope this does the trick for you.

lemonsherbet Mon 21-Jan-13 06:00:59

duggs I am so sorry to hear about the chemical. I was so pleased to hear that you had a BFP. It just doesn't seem fair you have been on the list for such a long time I final thought it was your turn. Just wanted to say am thinking of you.

Arianrhod Mon 21-Jan-13 09:29:25

Oh bugger duggs, so very sorry. This whole process is just bl**dy cr@ppy.

People rave about that midwife program on the Beeb, I just can't watch it. I get emails from things like Netmums advertising toddler groups, baby classes, etc and even that makes me wince thinking I should have a toddler ready to go to a group by now. I know no-one ever said life is fair, but really, come on, this is going too far? We have a bunch of wonderful women on here who would be fantastic mummies, but can't get their babies, then you have people (I'm sure you all know the sort of people I mean) who seem capable of popping babies out whenever they want but who don't appreciate what they've got.

pebbles I've said exactly the same thing about tests - where do you stop? There are so many things to be tested for, and they're all £££ - at what point do you say, no more? Who will you do your IVF cycle with, your existing clinic or somewhere else?

breezy Not too long to your appt at UCH ... crossing fingers they go straight for IVF if that's what you want to do. Understand reluctant OH - how hard is it for them to 'do their bit', really? I know the hospital isn't the most relaxing environment and all that, but still, considering what we have to go through you'd think they could cope with just that little contribution?

mel Hope the humira does the trick, when do you have your next shot? And will they test you again after, to see if it's worked?

Thanks for the good wishes for OH - seems he's 'just' got a leaky valve, everything else is ok. Hospital don't seem bothered by it, just want to monitor him.

/waves to everyone

Mel3062 Mon 21-Jan-13 13:16:50

Thanks ari I can't watch obem or midwife sad
Next shot is in 2 weeks but it stung so getting some emla cream!! Then ill get blood test 2 weeks after that to see if they've lowered x

Pebbles73 Mon 21-Jan-13 14:03:37

Duggs just read your news and I am sooo gutted for you, god life is so b****y unfair. Hope you are doing as ok as you can and sending big hugs as know how disappointing it feels.

In answer to your question about adoption Duggs it is something we are considering, I just always thought it would never come to that!

Breezy good luck with your appointment, I had three goes at ivf on the Nhs and they didn't make me have iui first so fingers crossed. They do indeed provide a room with some lovely mags for your oh. I was lucky that my dh was very good about it as he was mainly worried about what I was having to have done bless him.

Ari how funny you should say that about call the midwife as I have always made sure I don't watch it as just couldn't face it and yes wish mumsnet wouldn't send all the baby stuff through!! Glad to hear your oh is doing ok.
We are trying to weigh up the options at the moment and thinking of just saying sod it and paying for the ARGC as only having one more go. On the other hand it will probably cost between £10 to £15k which us a huge ammount if money we don't physically have. There sucsess rates for my age though are about 50% where as the general average is 24%. So more chance of it happening but also a lot of money to loose if it doesn't work.

Mel hope the humira works, will be lurking to see how you get on.

We are all obviously and understandably feeling rather fed up with it all at the moment, it really wears you down. Oh to be a carefree 20 something again thinking you have loads of time to have kids.......

Arianrhod Mon 21-Jan-13 14:35:03

pebbles I'm not sure if you've thought about it, but do you know of the Serum clinic in Athens for IVF? Ladies on FF rave about it, and it works out much much cheaper for IVF than over here, even when taking into account air fares etc. Having dealt myself with Peny from Serum she's lovely, and very helpful. Just a thought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now