TTC after recent mc - Thread 2

(994 Posts)
woody17 Mon 08-Oct-12 08:28:35

Hi everyone - I've started the new thread as our original one is nearly full.

I really hope that this is the one where we all get our BFPs and don't have to experience any more heartache.

blundercatsHOHOHO Wed 12-Dec-12 19:49:20

Whoop whoop janie, fab news!! Think you must have helped me too as mine is back with a vengeance now- thank god!

clairey, totally understand your frustrating and wanting to get on with ttc- I didn't have to wait long at all and I was pulling my hair out. Hang in there and fx she'll speed your way now.

This is my first message sent on the app..no idea if it's going to work etc.

How is everybody this evening?

blundercatsHOHOHO Wed 12-Dec-12 19:50:09

frustration not frustrating...obv...

IBelieveInPink Wed 12-Dec-12 20:03:44

Yay for more af arrivals! It so weird wishing for them thinking this will be the last time for a long time we are happy to see them! Ha!
Blunder glad to see yours is back properly now too.

I have the weirdest problem. Today is technically the First day when dtd could get me upduffed. And I'm scared. Scared that it won't work. And scared that it will and it will all go hideously wrong again! I know I need to man up and get on with it. Why am I finding this so hard?!

Clairey2012 Wed 12-Dec-12 20:05:20

Cheers blunder, yep th app worked lol.x

BumpKitty Wed 12-Dec-12 20:09:15

hi all, I'm so glad you're all enjoying the jokes grin
and bear thanks for posting that poem I knew the first few lines but didn't know the rest, it's brilliant.
janie congrats on cd1 clairey fx yours shows up soon

Now the crap bit... things have moved on with my mum and we've been told she has a few months at most. I'm veering between complete disbelief and horror and weird kind of nothingness/calm - I think it's the shock.
I know it's not the most important thing but I am not really sure where this leaves me with ttc as on the one hand I know the next year is going to be completely shit and on the other hand I think that life is too short to put anything off. My mum is 58 and she has had a truly amazing life, she is such an inspiration to me I honestly cannot imagine a future without her. Sorry to bring the thread down with all of this - I may go and join a bereavement thread so I can vent there xx

blundercatsHOHOHO Wed 12-Dec-12 20:11:38

Oh dear pink, you poor muddle! I think this too is totally understandable, mc messes with your body and your mind. Don't forget that you don't have to do anything. You can take a bit of time out if you need it.

Just don't put too much pressure on yourself x

blundercatsHOHOHO Wed 12-Dec-12 20:19:14

Oh bump, that is so so awful. You poor thing, this is devastating. Only you can know what to do re ttc but if it is a positive thing in your life rather than a stressful thing then maybe it is a good thing to keep trying?

So many thoughts your way and a big hug too x x

IBelieveInPink Wed 12-Dec-12 20:28:12

Bump I feel for you so much. So sorry to hear that. I don't really know what to say that is helpful, only what blunder said. See where your focus needs to be, would it be too distracting to TTC at the same time? If not carry on.
As an aside, a cousin also got told a few months by docs, an 2.5 years later still enjoying life. So not always correct. Just to bear in mind.

Do feel a little silly going on now about being a scardy cat. Bigger picture an all.

BumpKitty Wed 12-Dec-12 20:43:42

Please no-one feel bad about talking about their issues - I like reading about what your all doing and how you're getting on - please don't censor yourselves on my behalf xxx

Clairey2012 Wed 12-Dec-12 20:52:11

All th best to u bump and to ur mam, jst gota make th next few months count n share lots of speciall times together.xxxxxxxx

BlingJingleJanie Wed 12-Dec-12 20:55:04

oh bump i'm so sorry to hear your news. i don't really know what advice to give, but just take time to come to terms with the news, spend time with your mum and don't hold everything in. f you need a cry, just have one, or two. it is always nice to have something positive to look forward to it may well do you good to stay on the ttc train. big hugs, we're all here to listen
xxxx

Bumpkitty, so sorry to hear your news, 58 is no age at all for that to happen. I lost my mum to cancer when she was 60, it took a long time to be diagnosed and by the time it was, it was advanced, and we didn't have that long with her. There's no way of lessening the pain of losing someone as close as your mother, all you can do is be kind to yourself. Perhaps in time if you feel up to it, you could make a memory book about her for your own dc. x

Boozeandadietjinglebell Wed 12-Dec-12 23:24:40

Bump I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself though as well, won't you? Come here, or write things down, say what you're feeling, both with your mum and TTC. Don't tiptoe round things nor bottle them up, it's not good for you. Lots of love xx

Boozeandadietjinglebell Wed 12-Dec-12 23:32:41

Yay for all the AFs. I'm so glad no one else has had a trip to LA (but I find it hilarious that this is normal thread vernacular now!).

Ibelieveinpink with you completely - my blue days start on Friday, with ov sometime next week if things really are back to normal. I'm scared too. I'm scared of being pg, I'm scared of not being pg (I got pg the first month of trying properly). I'm scared of miscarrying abroad again. We'll be okay though, whatever happens. Promise.

IBelieveInPink Thu 13-Dec-12 00:23:44

booze thanks smile nice to know I haven't lost it completely. I also got pg fairly quick so I am almost expecting it to happen immediately! I know, I shouldn't. Ah why do we put ourselves through all of this!

AlmondFrangipani Thu 13-Dec-12 07:48:40

Bump I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum. My Mums the same age and I don't have any great words of wisdom, but I'm thinking of you and your family. Maybe you could carrying on DTD but just not think too much about it? Xx

BelissimaLol Thu 13-Dec-12 07:53:46

Morning girls. Have not had to check whole thread as been busy at work- which is good as takes my mind off things.
Will pop back in later. Scan tomorrow. 6+4 today and so far no bleeding grin

Bakingtins Thu 13-Dec-12 08:19:10

Good luck today Bel!

Bump I am so sorry about your mum. Please carry on posting here, whatever you decide re the TTC at the moment. You're allowed to share whatever you want to, a bit of outside persepective never hurt anyone.

Pink can completely identify with your mixed feelings. I'm scared of being pregnant again and potentially vulnerable to all that MC crap again, but equally scared I'll never get pregnant (was a year trying for the baby we lost this time). All around me bumps are appearing and babies are popping out as if it's the easiest thing in the world, I'm finding that more difficult at the moment than I did immediately postMC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now