Elderberry Pavlovas Unite - the over 30s TTC number 1

(994 Posts)
Bunnygirlie Sun 07-Oct-12 22:06:37

Hi y'all, Welcome to our new meeting place :-) Let's refresh as usual -

Bunnygirlie - 32, married, TTC since June, due to OV this week according to app

Bunnygirlie Mon 12-Nov-12 22:56:31

Grrrrrrrrr

Badleg Tue 13-Nov-12 10:15:49

Morning all I didn't do it I didn't test. I got up early and forgot to poas and read best to do it with first wee of day.

I like pipbins Schrödinger's baby!

I keep getting what I think are period type pains but af is not here!

I will try and be brave and do it tomorrow I feel so silly just not sure if I can face a negative.

BraveLilBear Tue 13-Nov-12 11:00:16

Schrodingers baby! Love that! Partly because it's also a concept that my dear geeky OH will comprehend.

Him: Why haven't you tested. Me: Well, if I don't test, I have a Schrodingers baby. Him: True. <then spouts some physics nonsense that I'll have to nod and smile at>

Hope you get the nerve up soon BadLeg Two days before I got a BFP I was having mild AF pains and even texted OH to say I was out... You never know...

Winkle, ttc 15 months, BFP due 19/11
Janey, 38, six weeks pg tomorrow
Aquarius, 32, ttc 8 mths, bfp due mid dec
Rach, 34, PG 7+5. Booking appointment on Wednesday.
Quod, 33, six weeks pg
HazleNutt 8 weeks pg
Happylass TTC cycle 3 BFP due 8/12
Pipbin, ttc 15 cycles, BFP due 27/11
Zombies, ttc 2 cycles, erratic cycle, PCOS. Next POAS not before 15 December.
BraveLilBear TTC cycle 1 after early mc, BFP due 18/11

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Tue 13-Nov-12 11:33:10

Hmm one more friend pregnant! Happy for her of course.

Lolcbcblemonlime Tue 13-Nov-12 15:39:22

Hello lovelies
Nothing to report since shag ended. Tww sucks. I'm off to Iceland on Friday so that will take my mind off waiting. Then will not poas until at least Monday 26th if af not here. Who is next to poas?

BraveLilBear Tue 13-Nov-12 16:46:39

Hello Lol Iceland sounds nice - what a perfect distraction!

Think BadLeg is in and out of testing - any news? And then there's me and Winkle. Tho, have to say, am feeling distinctly pre-menstrual today. No pulling twinges, just dull aches. Grrrrrrrr.

What's worse is that if AF comes early, means my luteal phase is away with the fairies. Bah humbug.

In the unlikely event of me making it to the weekend without any unwanted relatives coming to visit, I'll be testing Sunday.

janey1234 Tue 13-Nov-12 17:11:53

brave - I wouldn't worry about your luteal phase this month; after my mmc last (which was admittedly after 12 weeks) my cycles were all over the place for three or four months... And all my eyelashes fell out oddly. So I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't worry if it takes a while (annoyingly) for your body to get back in sync. Having said that, I think hazle conceived pretty quickly after her mmc so you might be lucky. As we always say, it's not over until the old boot arrives.

badleg - Am I right in thinking you're testing tomorrow morning? If there's no sign of AF I honestly think you should, as I said, I got a BFN two days before my BFP (both of which were before AF due)....

HazleNutt Tue 13-Nov-12 17:25:22

janey is correct, I got the BFP the very next cycle, as mine was just 5 week mc. They even say we're more fertile after this.

lillymac42 Tue 13-Nov-12 20:04:15

Hello I'm a newbie here. Had a miscarriage at 8 weeks on Friday but scan showed sac was only 6 wks +2 . Im 39 and started TTC in july so was happy it happened so quickly. Have only been posting on mumsnet for a couple of days and already it has been really supportive smile

Lolcbcblemonlime Tue 13-Nov-12 20:30:44

Hi Lilli smile

janey1234 Tue 13-Nov-12 20:42:54

Hey Lilly and welcome smile

So sorry about your mc. It's really really tough, isn't it....sad

Rache1S Tue 13-Nov-12 21:22:29

Hi Lilly, welcome on board. I'm so sorry to hear about your mc. Sending massive cyber hugs to you smile

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Tue 13-Nov-12 21:24:08

Hello lilly. Sorry to hear about your mc sad

Lolcbcblemonlime Tue 13-Nov-12 21:38:35

See I told you we are a friendly lot smile
A few of us have also had mcs- myself included- so we can stick together!
So poas tomorrow then?
I'm off to Coventry and back for a meeting so about 5/6hours in car.
Tmi! Have been constipated and in a lot of pain today. Only 2dpo so refuse to make it a pg symptom!

Badleg Tue 13-Nov-12 21:41:50

Sorry about you mc lilly.

Well af has arrived this evening sad

So onto getting a bfp in time for Christmas. Got to stay positive!

lillymac42 Tue 13-Nov-12 22:30:00

I'm feeling the love here!! Back to work tomorrow which im pleased about... didnt think id ever feel like leaving the house. Still bleeding And sore twinges but mentally and emotionally strong. Did a cheapie Internet HGC test today and got the negative I wanted (!) ....so glad the hormones are wearing off and my body is changing quickly .... smile going for an US scan next thurs to check for tissue and appt with obs/gyn and then ill be ready to get the sticks out and go for it.

Bunnygirlie Tue 13-Nov-12 22:47:59

Welcome Lilly, you'll see we're a good bunch :-) sorry to hear about mc

Quodlibet Tue 13-Nov-12 22:48:50

Welcome Lilly, sorry to hear about your MC. Glad to hear you are feeling strong though. Settle yourself in with the Pavlovas.

Sorry to hear you are out this cycle Badleg. I am very badly wanting some more BFP action on this thread here - but just think how nice an Xmas BFP would be...

Bunnygirlie Tue 13-Nov-12 22:58:03

Lovely Ladies, this thread is about to explode! Your mission, should you chose to accept it, is to head on over to

Elderberry Pavlovas Unite - the over 30s TTC number 1 (thread 2)

See you on the other side :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now