OPK Question

(5 Posts)
wifey6 Thu 04-Oct-12 09:59:10

So...after great advice on here I have ordered some OPK cheapy strip tests from eBay.
My cycles have been irregular since my MMC in April sad & we have been ttc practically since then with no luck.
Question is...when do I use them from?
I've tried looking on line & it said if you get a line then dtd that day & the next day.
Is that right?
Spot the novice!
Cycle varies between 29-35 days sad

janey1234 Fri 05-Oct-12 12:51:38

I don't know but am keen to know! I think that day, the next day - and maybe the day after for luck?

They can be unhelpful with regards to irregular cycles because they can give misleading readings. If you do use these give yourself a set time limit re use eg no longer than 2 months and seek further medical advice after that time.

Can the GP arrange for you to have a blood test done to see if you are ovulating?.

juneybean Fri 05-Oct-12 15:28:18

It says for a 28 day cycle to use from day 10, are you temping at the same time? I'd still be tempted to use from day 10 in case you have an early ovulation

eurochick Fri 05-Oct-12 15:35:05

Starting around day 10 sounds about right. A luteal phase (the between ov and your period) is 10-16 days for most women. So using your shortest cyle and the longest "normal" LP, that would have you ovulating around day 13. And most women get a positive OPK 24-48 hours before they ov, so this would be day 11/12 in this case. So starting on day 10 sounds reasonable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now