Conceiving after Depo

(4 Posts)
MayasMommy Tue 02-Oct-12 20:33:24

Hi

Not sure if this is the right place to post this...... My DD is 2 and I had my 1st Depo injection when she was 6 weeks old, DH and I are thinking about bby no2. I didn't have my July shot and had a very nasty and painful period in August and have just finished number 2 which was light and fairly pain free.
Having looked at other online forums most women don't get periods until up to 18 months after their last injection and have then gone another 6 months without conceiving. I just wanted to see if having a period straight away maybe means that my fertility is returning to normal quicker than most or if this is just a cruel twist!?!?!
Any advice would be more than gratefully received.
Thanks xx

My periods came back straight away too. I'm on cycle 5 of TTC with no joy yet. But I've just started the 2 week wait, so maybe this months is it!

Apparently your womb lining thins on the injection, so I'm not sure how long it takes for that to get back to normal. Average time to get pregnant is 10 months from last injection.

First time round I got pregnant 7 weeks after coming off depo so it's definitely possible!

I went back on it again after DS was born and stopped it again in August. Still no sign of AF but I'm still breast feeding which complicates it this time I think!

MrsBri Sun 21-Oct-12 23:21:45

Turns out I'm average as I got pregnant almost exactly 10 months after my last injection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now