BFP in 2012 Part 4 - the one where we all get pregnant!

(1000 Posts)
winkle2 Mon 01-Oct-12 19:45:36

New thread! Come on girls, lets all get pregnant!!

redstrawberry Tue 27-Nov-12 14:49:50

Thanks for the tips lol I have stocked up on conceive plus. Today is cd1 - it's painful and heavy AF. Glad I didn't have to wait around a whole week for it. Wasn't expecting it till Saturday! I'm happy that it came early, gutted that I won't be having a baby yet sad

8 is tough littlemiss! Gosh that would be terrifying to sit thru. Glad you came second on it! Well done. Hope you find one soon fx

BelissimaLol Tue 27-Nov-12 15:31:47

Oh I've been taking epo for the last 3 months as well!

Kittenkatzen Tue 27-Nov-12 15:54:50

Gutted red sorry she got you sad Focus on your silver lining - early AF = next cycle comes sooner. Here have some wine

Sorry you didn't get the job littlemiss but second is still some acheivement by the sounds of it!

CD16 here, had positive opk CD12/13 so I reckon that's me into the 2ww <drums fingers on desk>

wow, shag fest cancelled, i'll hav what ur having lol, 3 shags and 1 bfp!

i bought some cheapo tests in poundland today (and a lot of xmas giftbags hee hee... stocking up!) was going to just not test til cd31 when af is actually late but its a friends 30th this sat which is cd30 so i think i'll hav to test sat morn before hitting the sauce on sat night

hot water bottle for you red!

Shattered tonight, tv, tea, biccies - interview and DS not being well last few days really taken it out of me. Found this on iplayer - not the cheeriest show or anything but very much the thing to watch if you're feeling a bit hormonal and upset and you want to watch something about people wanting babies that won't necessarily cheer you up cos you want a bit of a wallow. Just where my head is tonight unfortunately! Hormones!!

redstrawberry Tue 27-Nov-12 21:47:58

How much EPO did you take lol?
I was just checking my cycle dates and looks like I am now due around Boxing Day. Debating if I should buy some sticks to pee on - over Christmas Eve.

Things like a Christmas bfp don't happen to people like me sad who am I kidding?!

red - i got a bfp on 23rd dec, saw gp on xmas eve and told my mym on.xnas day back.in 2009. it was a hallmark cheesefest and i"ll never forget it - really fx that it all happens for u over xmas 2012

I cracked and poas early - im so sure i ov earlyish this cycle cos i had loads ewcm on cd12 and it was gone by cd 15 so im prib 11 or 12 dpo at this point. Yes it was a cheapo test but it was a bfn and im really not feeling pg at all so i think um out this cycle. fx for December - i think af shd be due roughly new years eve so that could be an amazing way to see in 2013. Trying to just stay upbeat but like u red i do feel a bit sad too

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 27-Nov-12 23:12:14

lol huge congratulations. A BFP how exciting

littlemiss well done on the job interview front. Panel of 8 sounds terrifying.

red sorry about af

BelissimaLol Wed 28-Nov-12 09:47:24

Thanks when. I'm over the moon but scared shitless!

Thingymajigs Wed 28-Nov-12 11:26:28

That's a shame about the job little. You are so brave, I think I would've possibly seen 8 people and had a mini panic attack.
red I'm just about to buy some cheap tests to have around over Christmas too since I'll be around 10 dpo on Christmas Day and probably desperate to test. I'm trying to work out how to decline alcohol over that week without rousing suspicions.
How lovely would it be to get a Christmas positive? We could have little ones by next Christmas.

resipsa Wed 28-Nov-12 11:57:23

Quick visit.

LOL CONGRATS!!!

So [ENVY] but pleased for you!

resipsa Wed 28-Nov-12 11:58:03

So envy obvs!

BelissimaLol Wed 28-Nov-12 13:43:32

Thanks res. I'm keeping my feet on the ground and taking it one day at a time.
Red I was taking 1000mg epo daily from cd1 to ov day. It's supposed to increase cm and regulate cycle. I've no idea if it has done that or not!!!!
Who is next to poas???

redstrawberry Wed 28-Nov-12 14:46:09

I am also buying some sticks thingy however, I don't have much hope.
I am going to go for lots of sex and romance this month.

Going on a date with DH this weekend - something we haven't done in months. Sort of let TTC takeover romance.

I think Christmas BFP would make me believe in miracles and I will get what I've wished for over the last 8 months!

Fingers crossed....

Lol I have taken EPO before and its worked once but I ended up having a CP so got scared of taking it. I have started again this month and drinking lots of water to maintain good fluids around OV.

winkle2 Wed 28-Nov-12 19:20:07

Hi girls! Not on here much as dead busy due to new job and I cant go on Mumsnet loads like I used to! Well I could but I'd get the sack!

Littlemiss - that panel of 8 sounds daunting! Well done for coming second, I bet you'll be first choice next time!

Red - I had this vision in my mind that I would tell everyone I was pregnant by buying everyone cards 'Special Auntie/Grandma/Uncle, etc' from your new baby niece/nephew/grandchild... LAST Xmas sad

MrsBri Wed 28-Nov-12 20:40:42

It's clear that you all need to book a trip to Iceland.

I had my honeymoon booked and got upduffed just before going. Lol had the trip booked and got upduffed before going / while there.

It all makes sense! :-)

BelissimaLol Wed 28-Nov-12 21:51:19

Very true mrs!!! I was pg but didn't know.
Off to Iceland you all go ladies grin

winkle2 Wed 28-Nov-12 21:58:14

<Packs bags>

BelissimaLol Wed 28-Nov-12 21:59:42

Like the attitude winkle. Off you go grin

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Wed 28-Nov-12 22:19:23

Iceland really could make sense. It's v cold so excellent for sperm production. trys to see silver lining in the freezing weather at the moment

I forgot to say my consultant app went well. There's not wrong with me, so it's unexplained recurrent mc. Bad on the one hand cause there is nothing they can do to help but apparently I am much more likely to go on to have a normal healthy pregnancy as there is nothing wrong.

The shagging shall recommence in January.

winkle2 Wed 28-Nov-12 22:36:28

I've tried everything else lol!

Although I can't really go to Iceland as 1) I've just started my new job and 2) I can't afford it!

Do you think a trip down the Iceland on my local high street will work grin

BelissimaLol Wed 28-Nov-12 23:07:01

Well it's worth a try winkle!!!
If only we had a magic potion that could help each other. Or some sort of ball we throw for whoever we want to go next.
Are you on shag week yet? And where add you with DH tests? Any more due?

winkle - thats why mum's been to Iceland ha ha

when - reassuring that theres no underlying problem but a bit frustrating that they cant tell you why its happening or do anything more for you. Most important thing is that you are v likely to just go on to have a healthy pg the next time

lol - i forgot what epo stood for so i googled it and found the doping drug that dodgy athletes and cyclists use ha ha then i remembered...no...evening primrose oil!! Im already on a triple helping of folic acid, omega 3 & agnus castus everyday tho so dont think i can force a 4th pill down with brekkie everyday lol

CD28 here... AF / new cycle due on Sunday ... Trying not to keep thinking that Dec is last chance for 2012 or that if i hadnt had mc i'd be around 28 weeks now. Positive mental attitude!!!

winkle2 Thu 29-Nov-12 09:42:41

Haha at mums gone to Iceland! Brilliant!!

I'm on cd11. CBFM has been saying high for the past 2 days. We started to dtd last night but we stopped. OH said his head wasn't in the right place. He said every other month he's felt like 'come on, lets go for it' but this month he just feels like what's the point, it's not going to lead to anything sad

Very sad and extremely hard to perk each other up when we both feel so hopeless.

Hello when, good to see you and glad tests have come back clear. Roll on the new year when you can start again!

Lol - see above for answer to your question on shag week. As for tests we are planning to go to the docs in the new year to get referred to the fertility clinic.

BelissimaLol Thu 29-Nov-12 10:03:31

Winkle how about you try just two/three shags around fertile time? That did it for me as DH doesn't have the highest sexy drive in the world so for me it's always about the timing rather than time of shaggjng. Must be really hard for you both sad
2013 is the year we will all have babies grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.