TTC #1 Thread 7

(988 Posts)

Here we go ladies...this really IS it for us all!

Blockette Tue 11-Dec-12 12:34:31

ahh booze you're the day before me!

I guess I could, if I get really bad symptoms and am going crazy - but if I got a negative I wouldn't fully believe it, so would waste another test a few days later, so unless I'm really convinced then there is no point really.

Fx'ed for new year +ve's all around!

LoveBeingAMrs Sat 15-Dec-12 10:18:34

So i took a test this morn (fmu) it came back with the faintest BFP, like theres defo a line but its sooooo sooo faint! Dunno how to post a pic for second opinion!! ..Could it really be?? x x

RaspberrysAndIcecream Sat 15-Dec-12 13:47:12

Sounds like a BFP!! congratulations!!!! Xx

Boozeandadietjinglebell Sat 15-Dec-12 16:03:30

Yay! Congratulations. We've not had a BFP for a while have we?

I'm into my blue days on the app so trying to DtD more frequently. Also started the OPKs this morning, and conceive plus. Think I should ov on the 18th, which is the one night I'm away with work next week. Grrrr.

LoveBeingAMrs Sat 15-Dec-12 18:45:39

Thanks raspberrys & booze! :-) Testing again on monday to be sure sure!! :-) baby dust to you all! :-) :-)

Blockette Sat 15-Dec-12 20:38:15

Sounds like a +! Congratulations!!!

LoveBeingAMrs Sat 15-Dec-12 22:43:44

Fx, like i said testing again monday but hopes are all up! :-/ lol! Thanks blockette!:-) x x

peardrop2 Sun 16-Dec-12 02:49:36

Congratulations Love!

I'd like to help you broaden your BFN smug list wink by adding medium rare steak, lots of wine, caffeine drinks (like coke, coffee and tea), salami, Parma ham, peanut butter, M&S raw beef sandwiches, mulled wine, brandy butter, tracker bars (generally anything containing or may contain peanuts), re-heated takeaways, prawns, raw tuna steak, tuna sandwiches (more then twice a week), shark (because everyone loves shark), egg and soldiers soft boiled, crab and finally a McDonald's milkshake wink

RaspberrysAndIcecream Sun 16-Dec-12 07:18:48

Why can't u have a mcdonalds milkshake??!!!! I actually love those am a bit curious!!

MrsBri Sun 16-Dec-12 07:26:21

And Mr Whippy ice cream, Peardrop! And I've been told 4 tins of tuna.

I'm eating peanuts though as I've read it's OK :-)

Booze, I didn't DTD on OV day, but did the 3 days prior and day after. Beforehand is apparently preferable anyway. And I got BFP, so get shagging!

And congrats Love :-)

MrsBri Sun 16-Dec-12 07:28:05

Apparently you can't have chicken and sweetcorn soup from the Chinese too. Fail for me as I found out after eating it! Oops.

peardrop2 Sun 16-Dec-12 08:45:46

MrsBri you caught me smile

Yeah I think the peanut thing is only if you and your husband have asthma or hayfever. I have bad hayfever so I've been trying but failing to stay away.

You can't have McDonald's milkshake for the same reason you can't have Mr Whippy. Bacteria can by chance build up in the machine and cause listeria which can make you sick and cause MC I think. Midwives are very anti so watch out for them if you forget wink

Did not know about the chicken soup from a Chinese. Heard prawn crackers are a no no and mango chutney at the curry restaurant is a no no -oops had that last week-- Learnt that this week but can't remember why...probably because you don't know how long it's been around etc.

peardrop2 Sun 16-Dec-12 08:48:14

MrsBri do you eat 4 tins of tuna a week? mrspiggy grin

MrsBri Sun 16-Dec-12 08:54:04

I did catch you!

Buggeration...I dipped prawns crackers in my chicken and sweetcorn soup! Double fail indeed.

I don't eat 4 tins of tuna a week. But could if I wanted to, according to my midwife last week! :-)

She made me tell her what I can't eat. It was like a school test!

Still, I know you lot will be happy to deprive yourself of awesome food abstain once you get your BFPs! :-)

peardrop2 Sun 16-Dec-12 09:16:12

I've been up all night so got desperately bored and wanted to cheer this lot up and apparently tell Raspberries to get drinking McDonalds Milkshake while she can wink

OK so I referred to my book to clear this up once and for all and you're right MrsBri! Silly me! They used to say avoid peanuts (especially those who have allergies in immediate family) but now they say eat them if you want! I highly recommend this book to you ladies when you get the BfP! What to eat when you're pregnant by Dr Rana Conway. It's small, cheap (on amazon) and v easy to refer to in your kitchen or handbag depending how obsessed you're about it all when it comes

MrsB is right though I'm sure you'd swap anything for a BFP right now.

fl0b0t Sun 16-Dec-12 14:46:56

Any more news Love? Excited for you! Also love the idea of a "faint BFP" :-)

not due til wed earliest but feeling distinct pms/pmt-y so not getting any hopes up, despite having said sore boobs for a week!

Blockette Sun 16-Dec-12 19:14:22

What!!! No soft boiled egg?? Or Mr whippy ice cream!?!

Uhmm I may re-think this wanting a baby thing! wink

LoveBeingAMrs Sun 16-Dec-12 20:26:31

Fl0b0t I've been at work all weekend (argh) so not tested yet... I am going to test when i get home tonight.. Holding on to wee so it concentrates! Hahaha!! The test again in morn.. Testing with proper tests not internet cheapies so Fx!!! I'll beback with an update in the morn... If i am not sure how i'll get through xmas without cheese and pate! Haha, it will be so worth it tho!! :-) x

Boozeandadietjinglebell Mon 17-Dec-12 00:13:53

It absolutely will be worth it although I'm absolutely gutted about McDonald's chocolate milkshake

According to my little app I'm due to ov on the 18th so have been DtD with conceive plus every day since Friday and have been using the digital OPKs every day but no smiley yet.

Good luck for tomorrow's POAS!

Blockette Mon 17-Dec-12 09:37:12

Any news Love? Do we have a Christmas BFP?

KatrinaB Mon 17-Dec-12 11:23:18

Hello ladies,

New TTC-er here, well not new at TTC-ing (9 cycles so far and nary a sniff of BFP), but new to talking about TTC-ing with other lovely people going through the same bloody annoying thing!

I'm 30, DH is 37, first appt at fertility assessment clinic thing in January...

AF due in 4 days and minor cramps of doom are afoot already, so that's my little hopes of a BFP for Christmas out the window I suspect... it would be lovely to join you all for mutual support, sanity, symptom-spotting, and (if the other boards on here are much to go by) lots of swearing, which I'm wholly in favour of.

Nice to meet you all! K xx

Boozeandadietjinglebell Mon 17-Dec-12 11:31:01

Hi Katrina hopefully the fertility clinic will be able to help. I'm on cycle 3 - cycle 2 ended in a mc at 6 weeks so back here again. I'm due to ov in the next few days (unless cycles are all over the place post-mc) so will be symptom spotting with vengeance over Christmas!!

KatrinaB Mon 17-Dec-12 11:47:53

Hi Booze, I'm so sorry to hear about your mc, hopefully this month will be your month! I do love a good symptom spot (I've somehow managed to ignore everything my body has been doing for the past 15 years but now I notice every twinge and gurgle!) so I'll be there with you! x

fl0b0t Mon 17-Dec-12 13:02:26

Any news love Welcome Katrina

AF arrived today, so there we are. Champagne at Christmas after all....

Blockette Mon 17-Dec-12 14:04:08

Ohh fl0 Im sorry sad and your boobs where looking so promising sad
- go get yourself a nice Mc D's Milkshake and wave it around smugly grin

Welcome Katrina hope you're not here for long!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now