TTC #1 Thread 7

(988 Posts)

Here we go ladies...this really IS it for us all!

petal86 Mon 19-Nov-12 17:59:04

This is the first month i have bn using opk sticks (CB digital), haven't got a smiley face yet - should get it Weds - but have bn dtd every 2/3 days just in case.

Hoping your good luck with CB Digitals, andadietcoke works for me this month.

fl0b0t Tue 20-Nov-12 13:15:25

Hi all, I've been floating on mumsnet for a while now. Most people I chatted to before have moved over to the BESH thread which they've encouraged me to join but it looks too scary and cliquey and I don't know what the BESHtionnaire is.

Just looking for somewhere to chat with others TTC #1. Had a longish ride of it all so far and feeling a bit fedup. Doesn't help that although a couple of IRL friends know that babies are on the agenda, I'm not ready to talk to anyone about how ready, or how long we've been trying.

Vital stats then: 27 (almost 28), married for 3 yrs, TTC since Aug 2011 when I came off depo injection. SIL just had her 1st (first baby of our generation in both families) and MIL has been particularly unhelpful in the comments that she's made to me about having a family sad

Need some support!

fl0b0t Tue 20-Nov-12 13:18:10

(edit) Sorry guys that was in addition to my "hello" last week!

andadietcoke Tue 20-Nov-12 17:44:50

Hi Fl0 [waves]

I also have no idea what BESH is. The brooking thing didn't make sense to me either. Although it sometimes goes a bit quiet here (by virtue of the thread's own success at pregnancies) I've always been made to feel welcome as a relative newcomer.

Golden rule for MiLs is to ignore them, especially when their daughter has DCs. Although saying that, my SiL has 4, each exactly 102 weeks older than the next one, and even my MiL would admit she's a bit weird! Try not to let other people get to you xx

Blockette Tue 20-Nov-12 20:59:46

Hi! Don't have a clue what BESH is either!
My MIL stopped with the hints lol but now she calls my cats her "grandkitties" - maybe she's given up hope with us lol (she doesn't know we're ttc!)

What stage are we all at? - I'm on week 2 so ready to OV any day now smile we are Dtd every other day, and using conceive plus. Fx for this month!

Time for a list update I think!

Blockette - cycle 3 - BFP 4th Dec

andadietcoke Tue 20-Nov-12 21:57:17

Oooh, conceive plus. Are you 'enjoying' it?! wink I have some that I've never used - bought it the month I fell pg with some tampons because I was so sure AF was on her way! Will hopefully be cracking it out in about 3 weeks - think I ov'ed yesterday or the day before. Fx for you!!

Blockette - cycle 3 - BFP 4th Dec
andadietcoke - cycle 1 after mc, can't TTC until cycle 2 - BFP somewhere around the end of december, but will depend on when AF turns up for the first time.

Blockette Thu 22-Nov-12 10:19:47

Yes! - although it's very cold! haha

Getting annoyed with all this TTC! Even DH turned to me this morning saying, "I wish we could just have a baby, decide you want one, dtd then done - none of this waiting!" - I couldn't agree more! lol

Not holding out much hope for this month, we've been quite lack about it this month!

Anyone got anything motivating to add? any pointers to keep us going?

andadietcoke Thu 22-Nov-12 14:05:06

We only DtD once when I fell pg - so you're doing fine!!

DH keeps trying to get me to ignore the advice of the nurse at the EPU. I think this is because I've been using the 'don't TTC' advice as 'don't have sex' and the poor thing misses it. Ha. He doesn't know I'm just conserving his energy for after AF arrives and we can try again with some commitment.

Erm... motivation? If you get a BFP in a couple of weeks you'll know by Xmas so won't have to worry about what you're eating/drinking in a 2ww? You'd have a baby born in the summer holidays and would save on nearly a year of childcare before they start school? I think that's possibly the reason DH is so keen at the moment!!

fl0b0t Thu 22-Nov-12 14:13:53

Cheers guys. No useful pointers from me, just shag away! MIL and FIL are currently staying so I must be a saint (though I'm on (boo!) And going out for wine with colleagues tonight (yay) rather than spending time with them!)

I always feel like something comes up which puts off our ability to be ttc- some recent medication I was on, some treatment (for an injury).. always seems like a decision between ttc and fixing a problem. So far, I've been going with trying to get myself better but really, I just want to be pregnant so that's my goal.

Finally feel ready to get the MIL thing off my chest..... I found out (on the day I had my first proper negative test, suffering unknowingly from serious pmt) that she'd been telling people that she thought we were never going to have children. I cried all afternoon (clearly the only correct adult response in this situation), I'm still really mad at her for talking about us(me) like that, saying something so wildly inaccurate (anyone who knows me knows I LOVE kids), for showing how much she's bothered to get to know me over the last 8 years (not at all) and the general insensitivity of it all. I could be unable to have children, or we could have been ttc secretly for years.

All sounds very petty when you write it down but its so upsetting. That woman needs a fsking hobby!

Tell me a MIL story to make me feel better!

Blockette Thu 22-Nov-12 17:03:58

ohh poor thing, that sounds horrible - I don't like people talking about me to people I don't know at all, but something as so personal as YOUR family, what's it got to do with her if you have children or not?

I get on with my MIL (ish) although I do remember finding messages on DH's phone way before we were married telling him that (as I had previously told him I didn't want children) he should leave me, and that she would be disappointed in him if he stayed! - this caused a few arguments and he obviously didn't listen, and then I changed my mind a few years later anyway - but that was between me and him, not HER!

MIL's are there to try us all ;)

RaspberrysAndIcecream Sun 25-Nov-12 16:04:19

Hi everyone,
Not been around for a couple of weeks, needed a break from thinking about TTC, ive had a really good friend announce her pregnancy, which I found extremely difficult.
Dh and I have just been having fun & he's been amazing. Really supportive & just everything I could have needed. Went on a walk today looking for pinecones ready to make Christmas decorations!! Bonus of it raining & there being no1 else around made it very romantic!!

So how is everyone? Hope you're all ok?
Cd18 2day for me and got a peak on the cbfm!! Added bonus!! grin

RaspberrysAndIcecream Sun 25-Nov-12 16:11:58

And as for my Mil - I could do with a shrink to analyse her pls!!!
She's a whole thread on her own!! Lol!!!
I dread to think what she's going to do when we have children - dh won't be at her beck and call anymore (he's not now but she likes to think he is - it's all game playing to her, u never know what mood she's going to be in, or what angle she will come from)
But she produced dh so she can't be all bad clinging to that thought at times grin

Blockette Mon 26-Nov-12 13:37:12

Start of the 2ww for me! feel nothing ... haha oh well, still time. Anyone on the SS-ing bench with me?

RaspberrysAndIcecream Mon 26-Nov-12 15:51:40

Today is 2nd peak day in monitor for me blockette so I'll officially join u 2moro!! grin
I'll bring brew and a few biscuit to keep us going!! grin

peardrop2 Mon 26-Nov-12 16:20:10

Hi ladies! How is everyone? Have I missed any BFPs?

Blockette Mon 26-Nov-12 22:44:17

Hi pear! How is it going? - you've not missed anything yet but if you come back in 2 weeks you will see mine and raspberry's BFP's! wink

Then we have a few coming up a few weeks after wink

peardrop2 Tue 27-Nov-12 09:25:16

Oh Block that's exciting I'll definitely come back for that announcement grin Hope you've all been busy with OPK sticks and DTD! Everything is fine with me thanks for asking. Are you setting yourself mini reward treats to get you through the 2ww? Will you start testing from 10DPO or wait until AF turns up? Some of you have amazing patience waiting for AF!

RaspberrysAndIcecream Wed 28-Nov-12 13:48:21

Hey Pear!! How's u? Hope everything is going ok - have u had ur scan yet?

I think I'm going to wait for AF - if I can hold out that long?!!

Also hello to flo and dietcoke, I don't think I said hello in my earlier post - hope you're both doing ok.
Blockette & I are on the 2ww. Where's everyone else? X

Blockette Wed 28-Nov-12 15:34:19

So although I promised I wouldn't - I have been bad today, ss everywhere! - Although, as I keep reminding myself I felt similar symptoms last month and was upset when I got my -ve! So although I know its nothing, they wont leave me alone so I know that if I say them on here, they are highly likely to disappear the minute I press the post button ...

My boob hurts, kind of feels like its burning yes, boob, singular!
I'm tired all the time no change there!
since OV had no, or very very little ecm ok, this one is a new one for me

My AF is due next Wednesday, but as I've been all over the place recently i'm going to try to wait till the Saturday to POAS.

MrsBri Wed 28-Nov-12 18:00:20

Ooh, Block...a distinct lack of CM was a symptom for me, as I normally nigh on drowned (TMI!).

Fx for you. :-)

BelissimaLol Wed 28-Nov-12 18:46:53

Hello my lovely friends. Thought I lost you all as I could not see the thread.
Well. I got a bfp on Monday grin grin
Currently scared shitless but also very happy. I'm to scared to go on new threads. Want to be near friends!
Who is next to poas?
Nic and pear how are you?!!!!

MrsBri Wed 28-Nov-12 18:50:47

Awesome news, Lol. :-)

I'm also still scared, but not much I can do about it!

Got my first scan on 11th (though had a private one at 8 weeks).

Overall I'm alright!!

Fx to you. xx

111007kbaby Wed 28-Nov-12 19:09:38

Hi really don't want to offend any one or Take over the page but need done advice :-(

Hi ok well here goes this is me trying to stop my obsessive behaviour but I'm just taking it a step further wit this post. I had my daughter in 2007 with out any problems, fell pregnant straight away but it was not planned. And was the best thing that ever happend.ot had been 5 years since i conceived my daughter and am so ready for baby no 2 but never thought it would be so hard :-(. In 2010 I had a blighted ovum which was the horriblest thing I ever went through 😢. They did all the scans and could just not find a heart beat, after that things went terribly wrong for me, me and my partner split. I have now been in a happy healthy relationship with my partner and we have been trying for 3 months which feels like a life time 😒 I just purchased the cbfm and wanted any advice On it I can get???.
My partner has also got it in to his head by self diagnosing him self on the Internet lol don't ask that he has a low sperm count which has really been playing on my mind. Could this be the reason it's taking a wile? Or is it in his head, so I have been trying to encourage him we will try everything for the next six months before going to the doctors, as tbh he is really frightened by the result, so I started him on WellCare for men fish oil and he doesn't drink or smoke so that's not a problem. I also just purchased the conceive plus lubricant so if any one can tell me if any of these products will help us in any way I'd be so gratefull. Sorry going on for so long.

Baby dust to you all xxxx

Blockette Thu 29-Nov-12 10:17:09

Ohhh congrats on your BFP BelissimaLol hopefully you will start a lucky roll like we had last time and clear out the thread again! (meant in the nicest way possible! I'm not trying to get rid of anyone!!!)

HI MrsB /wave - glad everything is going well for you! - how much could you see on your 8 week scan? would you recommend it? How is married life treating you? grin

Hi kbaby welcome! You probably know more then us, I think most, if not all of us are still trying for our first! 3 months really is not a long time at all, I have been trying 3 months and am not worried yet! - I even think doctors make you wait longer then 6 months before doing tests, I know they wouldn't test my friend until 2 years! (then she got BFP on the day of her first test! typical!) - Don't panic! - The extra pressure wont be helping your OH either. For now, try to calm down, and enjoy the process and stress out on the 2ww like us wink SS is a fun game, you need to enjoy it for a while! Come and stamp your non-pg feet with us when you get a -ve, but don't let it get you down too much, too fast. 3 months is no time at all!

111007kbaby Thu 29-Nov-12 10:45:35

Hiii thanks for your reply blockette yep I totally agree three months is not long just feels like a life time waiting for flow to come every month then she does. Disheartens me a bit :-( especially after falling so fast the 1st te just shows Ypur body changes as you get older, I'm glad I joined cuz I sit here going on n on in my own head. Yep that tww is a killer and the w

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now