TTC #1 Thread 7

(988 Posts)

Here we go ladies...this really IS it for us all!

LoveBeingAMrs Sat 10-Nov-12 11:36:26

Hi! Can i join thread? Me and DH started ttc #1 last month.. Just got my first AF since trying :-/ x

petal86 Sat 10-Nov-12 12:13:28

Same here....

My DH and I are about to start cycle 2 of ttc our 1st....

Hoping this one will be slightly less emotionally draining than the first, but I'm not holding out much hope!?

FlysInDreams Sat 10-Nov-12 19:22:30

Me too....we are on cycle 8 of ttc #1, and at 38 (39 in Jan) that clock is ticking loudly in my ear sad

HannahJayne Sun 11-Nov-12 09:34:24

Dulcet I'm thinking Christmas baking like a crazy person. If I make the cake soon and feed it regularly it will be near toxic by then. Ooh, and gingerbread, and Christmas cupcakes, and Nigella's Christmas rocky road. Off to find the Nigella Christmas book for inspiration...

HannahJayne Sun 11-Nov-12 09:35:39

And hello to flys, petal and lovesBAM. Fx this cycle will be the one for you.

Blockette Sun 11-Nov-12 12:24:18

Hi flys, petal, and lovebam fx you don't stay long.

Nothing to add from me, still got another week before we can start again for our Christmas present! smile

Do we have anyone due for testing?

petal86 Sun 11-Nov-12 12:29:32

Am using opks and charting temp this cycle, any advice?

And thanks Blockette - same here smile

HannahJayne Sun 11-Nov-12 13:41:46

No idea about temps but I used the CB digital OPKs last cycle, only DTD once that cycle, on a smiley day and fell pg.

When I can try again I'll be trying conceive plus too - a few people seem to have had success with that too.

petal86 Sun 11-Nov-12 14:34:13

Thanks - what's concieve plus?

HannahJayne Sun 11-Nov-12 17:14:10

www.conceiveplus.com - it's a lubricant that helps the sperm to swim.

petal86 Sun 11-Nov-12 17:24:18

Thanks, will add that to my ttc aids smile

fl0b0t Mon 12-Nov-12 19:46:53

Ok to join? I was on the first time frolicers thread but it died a death. Stopped Depo in Aug 2011. First period was 3 weeks ago, so been ttc in earnest! smile

Late twenties, been married 3 yrs!

Blockette Tue 13-Nov-12 10:12:28

morning all smile

welcome Fl0b0t!

I am soooo tired! couldn't face dtd this morning, so will try again tonight smile it's still a bit too early anyway so doesn't matter too much.

I do have to admit to having a little panic this week - I just looked at a picture of a baby and just thought - can I cope with a baby? Will it ruin our relationship?
I'm feeling guilty now, as It was my idea to ttc anyway, but I cant be the only one thinking this while ttc, am I? confused

HannahJayne Tue 13-Nov-12 13:43:04

Heehee blockette - no, I think that's fairly normal. I was watching 'friends with kids' last night and it looked terrifying!

LoveBeingAMrs Tue 13-Nov-12 18:16:47

So i bought some cheap ov sticks and preg tests off the internet, yay! while AF is here thought i might as well keep myself occupied!! So im not due to test until 17th dec!! (uhh!)

When is everyone else due to test.. Going to live my excitement through you all, while i wait!! Lol!

Blockette - everynow and again i get that feeling of.. What am i doing im only 23, why would i want a baby when we're so happy at the mo and could go on holidays etc etc... but usually lasts about 2 mins! Hehe x

andadietcoke Tue 13-Nov-12 18:25:20

I have no idea when I'm testing - need to wait for AF to come back. So in the meantime I'll live vicariously through you lot. I am awesome at 2ww SS, and am addicted to POAS (even though I know it's better to wait for AF to be late!)

Pompoms at the ready grin

andadietcoke Tue 13-Nov-12 18:26:43

Oh, and I have a new name - much more mumsnetty (and less obvious for people IRL)

The poster formerly known as HannahJayne x

petal86 Tue 13-Nov-12 19:01:23

I'm on CD9, so planning to start dtd any day, but have a had a horrid cold this week, so waiting till i feel slighty more human and less rubbish to get going again.

However if it this cold last much longer i shall be dtd even if i am still feeling crap. Am planning to test Dec 5th

DulcetMoans Fri 16-Nov-12 07:40:23

This threads dying from its own success at making ladies pregnant! Come back ladies, I need to read about your successes to keep me through the non-TTC months!

Blockette Fri 16-Nov-12 11:35:07

Hi Dulcet! /wave

How are you doing? are you enjoying the SS-free months of not TTC? - I bet this will keep you calm when you do start again, as you will know what symptoms you spotted without TTC!

- It's our DTD week starting today smile and DH is taking me on a date night! haha

I'm not really into it this month though, but we'll see, - I have now realised that I might had read my ov stick wrong last month, which is why it didn't happen for us then .. hopfully I can do it right this time!

When's our next tester? - Dulcet, when are you joining us again?

Talyra Fri 16-Nov-12 13:51:51

Hi everyone! Just dropping by like Dulcet to see how it's going. I'm still on lots of painkillers at the moment so in a way relieved I don't have to worry about a baby being affected, though I'm also very sad I won't have a small one to take to my sister's wedding and meet the family! Not long before I can at least stop using the contraception again - another week or so til this month's ovulation, then once we're into December I can forget about the condoms again.

I find I've not been thinking about it all that much and not even paying much attention to all the millions of potential symptoms that bug me when I am trying. Good luck everyone, it'll be the New Year when I'll be testing next!

petal86 Fri 16-Nov-12 18:04:27

I know what you mean blockette, my dh and i have just started our dtd sessions for this month, and it feels totally 'romance' free. sad

I got in from work and we had a quickie before he had to go to work.

Has anyone got any advice how to stop it coming mechanical and boring?

DulcetMoans Fri 16-Nov-12 22:59:04

Hi blockette, date night sounds good. Hope it does the job wink

I think we might be off until Easter time, March maybe. Feels like a long way off but I know it's not really. Only like 4 cycles and have a wedding to keep me occupied.

Glad to hear you are getting through it talyra, the symptom thing is weird. I've definitely noticed less but whenever I've felt anything I've thought 'if I was TTC this would be on my list!'.

Blockette Mon 19-Nov-12 10:57:00

Morning Everyone!

Right, I have officially stopped using ov sticks, I just don't get on with them - I either left it too late in the evening to pee on one (not going to use them at work, our cleaner is a right gossip, and would hate for her to find one!) or I pee on a stick, then wait for too long before reading it and the line gets darker - but then I don't know if its really dark or I've just left it too long ... soooo I'm just going by my prediction calender and just add a few days either side of predicted ov.

Considering the amount of "accidental pregnancies" that happen, you would think this making babies thing was simple! envy

how is everyone else getting on?

andadietcoke Mon 19-Nov-12 15:41:15

blockette I used the CB digital ones with the smiley faces. Although saying that I only used them once, managed to get a smiley face, and got pg, so I might be cursing them along with you next month.

I'm just waiting for AF to come back. Got my first lot of textbook EWCM yesterday (was quite proud/excited until I remembered it would be going to waste!) so at least things are starting to 'work' again. If I'm mega fertile I could just about squeeze in POAS in 2012, but after last time I've vowed to be completely virtuous during the 2ww, just in case that had anything to do with it, so that would mean a Christmas/NY of abstention!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now