Anyone testing around the end of next week?

(299 Posts)
babyjamesblackberrycrumble Thu 20-Sep-12 17:37:43

Had MC last cycle and am about 4 days past ovulation. Am already going stir crazy! Anyone testing same time?

babyjamesblackberrycrumble Tue 25-Sep-12 07:22:14

Morning all. Is the book expensive Clueless ? I think I'd be interested but not sure I'd find the time to read it at the moment!
I have officially turned into a loon. Have tested again this morning with IC even though I knew would be negative! sad Not feeling at all hopeful anymore as all the symptoms I had have gone and am feeling like AF may be not far away
Need some distracting today. Got day off with DS so going to try and keep busy and have some quality time even though he full of cold and a cough.

Angelfifi Tue 25-Sep-12 07:42:53

Aww babyjames i am with you, i even gave up the will to test as i know its going to be neg :-( and feeling like af is not far away, having cramping this morn which is what i get when shes not far away.
Good luck to everyone else x

ladywhogrowsveggies Tue 25-Sep-12 07:44:32

I'm out AF arrived early this morning didnt even get to test. Boo. Fx everyone going to keep a look in see how you all get on.

Haylebop12 Tue 25-Sep-12 09:14:30

angel me too, dull numb pain :-(

Sorry to hear of your unwanted arrival lady

Ho hum :-(

Angelfifi Tue 25-Sep-12 09:46:58

Oh no lady fingers crossed for next month xx

Well i couldnt help it and dont know why i did it, clinging to hope i suppose but did another IC test and as i thought bfn grrrrr why do i do it!!

babyjamesblackberrycrumble Tue 25-Sep-12 14:05:54

So sorry Lady be kind to yourself and treat yourself to something nice for tea, a soak in the bath and a good cry. I will keep my FX that next month is your month.

I have had a lovely day off visiting a friend and her DS then took my DS to the pet shop to see the fish and guinipigs. Now I'm back at home and back to noticing every cramp and lack of symptoms! Boo to AF cramps!

Angie607 Tue 25-Sep-12 14:13:09

Can I join in? Lol. I'm just wishful thinking gonna test next Friday.....5th I think? Not due on till 14thish but started trying on Monday just gone so I WILL get my positive....or go bankrupt trying lol

Haylebop12 Tue 25-Sep-12 14:15:08

Welcome angie
We are all hoping for some good news on this thread!

pinksky Tue 25-Sep-12 17:57:10

Ladies, may I join you? Technically testing slightly later than most of you - currently 6dpo with a 27 day cycle, so will probably test first on Sat/Sun.

This is our first month TTC our first baby - have been symptom spotting although have nothing to judge them by! No cramps but more CM than usual at this time. My sense of smell is acute and the smell of some dirty dishes made me retch this morning, but I am getting over a crappy cold so it may just be my nose being restored to working order!

A question - if AF shows will any of you take a break the next few months to avoid a summer baby? It was mentioned by someone at work who is TTC. Many of our friends have struggled to get pregnant or have suffered losses so I don't take this for granted and I'm not sure I want to lose any chances now we've decided to go for it.

Babydust to you all, and also my thoughts to those who have lost pregnancies and babies X

babyjamesblackberrycrumble Tue 25-Sep-12 18:30:20

Welcome Angie and Pink

To answer your question Pink no we wont stop trying if don't get our BFP this month. I am in my 30's and have had 1 MC so as you said I want to have every opportunity to conceive. My friend who is a teacher "planned" to try and have September babies. Both her DC came very early and are June and July so things don't always work out as planned anyway. As it happens they are both doing very well at School / Nursery smile

Haylebop12 Tue 25-Sep-12 18:32:43

pink welcome! Bravo for your symptom spotting!! I'm very good at baking EVERYTHING a pg symptom!
I kinda know what you mean about holding out to avoid summer baby! Although my last pg was due 27/12 so timing isn't my best feature!!
I myself am a VERY late August baby and I don't believe that affected me in anyway.
Saying that I HOPE that I am pg this month because I want to avoid it but as this is my 3rd cycle of TTC I don't wanna wait any longer so putting it off for next couple cycles isn't an option!

pinksky Tue 25-Sep-12 18:43:28

Thank you for the welcome babyjames and Hayle

Thanks for your thoughts on timing - I'm also in my 30s, and just feel it's not worth taking a break. It just hadn't ever occurred to me that people might plan things to that degree and the people in the conversation at work were all very pro.

I'm off to sit in bed with a cuppa for a bit (adds 'tired' to my symptom list wink ) - I hope you all have a lovely eve.

Haylebop12 Tue 25-Sep-12 18:47:19

I'm in my mid 20's but dd is 3.8 so time isn't on my side for age gap purposes. In not tired, don't have sore boobs or anything but I've been eating a lot of bagels and Phillyhmm

babyjamesblackberrycrumble Tue 25-Sep-12 18:53:03

Remind me when your BFP due Hayle I have a CB digital in the draw and have been so tempted to use it! may just crack tomorrow!

Haylebop12 Tue 25-Sep-12 19:14:39

Well last cycle was 31 days which puts it to 30/9, however as "normal cycle" was 28 days before mc in expecting AF from 27/9.
I only have cheapie strip tests but may do one tomoz. I'm not convinced I even ovu'd this cycle! So really have no idea how many DPO I may be! Possibly 9/10 though?
Erugh it's so messed up :-(
I'm doing OPKs next cycle sad

MonthlyChange Tue 25-Sep-12 19:22:44

lady boo!
I think I may be joining you too. Got major pre AF cramps this morning at work then spotting this afternoon, so fully expect a visit tonight. Oh than and a bfn today 13dpo (guessing would be +ve now if it was going to be) so out for me too me thinks. I'll hand my baby dust over to everyone else

MonthlyChange Tue 25-Sep-12 19:32:06

oh and work collegue announced she was 14 weeks preggars today. only mildly jealous

MonthlyChange Tue 25-Sep-12 19:44:12

Ladywhogrowsveggies - due Fri 28th - testing Wed 26th EVIL AF
babyjamesblackberrycrumble due ??-testing Wed 26th
Haylebop12 - due 27th - 30th - testing ??
Angelfifi - due 29th - testing -already thanks to ebay
redstrawberry - due 25 - 28th - testing ??
Jamesandthegiantbanana - due 1st Oct - testing daily
MonthyChange - due 26th - testing daily thanks to eBay
Stickybeans-due 30th-testing on 26th
Pinksky - due ? testing 29th/30th
Angie607 due 14th oct, testing 5th Oct
clueles ?due ?testing

MonthlyChange Tue 25-Sep-12 19:45:19

Thought I'd update the list, apologies if missed anyone out, free feel to add to and update, looks like there are several testing tomorrow! Eek

Haylebop12 Tue 25-Sep-12 19:57:26

Oh monthly! Shit isn't it!
One of my friends is due 3 days after I was. Watching her bump grow and her get excited us really difficult sometimes :-(

Haylebop12 Tue 25-Sep-12 19:58:34

Ladywhogrowsveggies - due Fri 28th - testing Wed 26th EVIL AF
babyjamesblackberrycrumble due ??-testing Wed 26th
Haylebop12 - due 27th - 30th - testing 27th onwards!
Angelfifi - due 29th - testing -already thanks to ebay
redstrawberry - due 25 - 28th - testing ??
Jamesandthegiantbanana - due 1st Oct - testing daily
MonthyChange - due 26th - testing daily thanks to eBay
Stickybeans-due 30th-testing on 26th
Pinksky - due ? testing 29th/30th
Angie607 due 14th oct, testing 5th Oct
clueles ?due ?testing

Haylebop12 Tue 25-Sep-12 19:59:05

Just updates mine :-) although may sneak in a cheeky test tomoz!

babyjamesblackberrycrumble Tue 25-Sep-12 20:12:43

Boo hiss to AF cramps sad
I have had cramps and dull ache for a while now. This cycle is all messed up because of MC. Think must be around 40 days now, can't remember without checking. Think I may have ovulated around the 17th which was day 31 as was using opk's. Am thinking it is probably a waste to use the digital but sooo tempting!
Thanks for the list update Monthly

pinksky Tue 25-Sep-12 20:31:54

Thanks for adding me to the list Monthly. Sorry about the cramps & BFN sad
Good luck to everyone testing tomorrow

Angie607 Tue 25-Sep-12 20:38:25

So is it just me that gets majorly confused with the whole ovulation cycle thing? confused
I only really know that I'm due on the second weekend of the month but after the cerazette I dunno :/

Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now