TTC first child, anybody else in the same boat? Thread 2

(332 Posts)
Bunnygirlie Sat 15-Sep-12 22:34:42

The old thread was getting chocca so lets start again lovely ladies -

Bunnygirlie - 32, married, TTC since June, AF due 5th Oct

happylass Tue 09-Oct-12 15:39:24

How early can I get away with testing though Rache1S? Assuming that I ovulated Saturday just gone, would this coming Sunday not be too soon and a total waste of money? Not really had any symptoms. Convinced I've felt a few twinges too but am probably just imaging it as had these just after I came off the pill. Also don't know what to do about the alcohol situation as am out for a friends birthday this Friday confused

Rache1S Tue 09-Oct-12 10:00:47

Wow happylass, Sat 20th? I will definitely not last that long! Especially as I already have some tests in the bathroom cabinet left over from last month. If I get my usual PMS this weekend I might be able to hold out because I will be convinced AF is on the way, but if anything out of the ordinary happens I reckon I will be POAS every day from about Monday!
Have you got any symptoms yet? If we were PG implantation would be happening any time now. smile I keep getting small pelvic twinges but I think they are probably caused by me obsessively thinking about it!

happylass Sun 07-Oct-12 23:38:01

Rachel1S I too will be madly symptom spotting for the next 2 weeks. Going to try to hold out until Saturday 20th as not keen on POAS and heading straight off to work whatever the outcome!! but will probably end up testing as ridiculously early as next Sunday
<holds hand for 2ww>

Bunnygirlie Sun 07-Oct-12 22:04:08

It's getting a tad long this thread - shall I start a new one?

How about - Elderberry Pavlovas Unite - the over 30s TTC number 1 ;-)

and we need a refresher on who is who etc

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Sun 07-Oct-12 20:30:36

Welcome yorkie and all the other new faces to the Elderberry Pavlova thread!

yorkiebilb Sun 07-Oct-12 20:20:31

hey, hope you don't mind me joining so far on in this thread but I'm a newbie to all of this! I'm 34, married since July and ttc since October. Still trying to get my head around all the acronyms so please bear with me!

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Sun 07-Oct-12 18:56:59

describes

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Sun 07-Oct-12 18:56:25

I'm with you janey - AF should hopefully be completely done by tomorrow. Started up the cbfm today- cd 6 tomorrow, and starting vitamins from tomorrow- had only been having frolic acid till now.
The phone corrected folic acid to frolic acid but I think that describe it better so won't correct smile

janey1234 Sun 07-Oct-12 18:40:58

I'm with you Lol - AF only just finishing so aaages until ov and the 2ww seems like an eternity away...
Welcome back and fingers crossed for those waiting to POAS - perhaps we need to bring the list back, I can't remember where we are!

Lolcbcblemonlime Sun 07-Oct-12 17:55:17

So is there any upcoming poas action over next few days???? I'm not even at ov yet. Booooooring!

Rache1S Sun 07-Oct-12 17:50:53

happylass I'm so pleased to have someone join me in the 2ww! I was randomly sick yesterday afternoon which is obviously a really really mega early pregnancy sign and nothing whatsoever to do with Friday night's excessive booze grin
I think this week will be fine because it's unlikely that a BFP would show up but as soon as the weekend arrives I am going to have to show some massive self restraint not to POAS, especially as my Sis (who is currently 14 weeks pregnant) got her first (very feint) BFP at 8 DPO.

bingeddybongo Sun 07-Oct-12 15:12:00

Oh well I'm thrilled to hear I'm still 17 months off being an Elderberry myself! Happy birthday Hazlenutt, and congratulations on your youthful looks grin

Sorry to hear you've got a cold, ella, that's rubbish timing! And sorry about AF, Bunny, that's really crap timing as well.

It's got so quiet around here that I'm not sure who I'm meant to still be crossing my fingers for, but they're still very firmly crossed for everybody who needs them!

HazleNutt Sun 07-Oct-12 13:00:07

Just got a birthday card from SIL congratulating me on my 33rd birthday. I'm 34. But apparently look loads younger then grin
Only have a few months though to get the BFP until I would be over 35 when giving birth and officially an Elderberry. One of those eeeevil women who delayed children to concentrate on their career. Tsk.

ella0 Sat 06-Oct-12 22:36:46

Sorry af showed up bunny. Cp seems to work for a lot of people, so fingers crossed it makes a difference for you.

bing pregnancy-wise I'm feeling pretty good thanks, just a bit tired (which reminds me of another symptom I had around a week after ov - I woke up after what I thought was a good nights sleep, feeling exhausted). However, I've had a bad cold and sore throat since Thurs so I'm not feeling my best due to that.

Bunnygirlie Sat 06-Oct-12 18:56:32

hey ladies, back off my holibobs too :-( Missed you all!

Quod - arse arse arse indeed! I had sore chesticles and then AF turned up early! pants! I had dreamed of returning from holiday to POAS not heading out in spain to buy doofers :-(

So I have bitten the bullet and bought some concieve plus - hope that my problem has been the lube and this will solve things (what a dreamer). It also came with some basic ov tests - not sure when to test though as no idea when ovulating :-S

bingeddybongo Sat 06-Oct-12 16:17:27

Thanks ella smile I just wish I knew when I was due! ;) How are you feeling?

ella0 Sat 06-Oct-12 14:45:49

Fingers crossed for you bing (and everyone else). It's not over until af arrives. I got my BFP on the day af was due.

Lilyjosh Sat 06-Oct-12 09:21:46

Morning all, just catching up on all the posts seems really quiet this last few days.

Does anyone using cbfm know if you forget to test first thing and have to test at your next wee does it effect the tests? 6 high days and no peak and I missed fmu on the day I though would be my peak. All the lines on the sticks seem really faint. Maybe just no ov this month sad

Pipbin Sat 06-Oct-12 08:34:33

It's very quiet isn't it.
DH is in a fit of depression right now and so DTD EOD has gone out of the window rather. Still, I'm only on CD6 so I'm not worried.

HazleNutt Sat 06-Oct-12 08:09:23

nothing to report here, my persona monitor has been all red this month, still red on day 23, but has now showed the OV symbol, so I have no idea if and when I've ovulated and when AF is due.
Ordered some cheapo tests from amazon so will be testing in a week or so. or maybe a bit earlier

happylass Sat 06-Oct-12 07:49:53

All gone a bit quiet on here. How's everyone doing? I got a positive on the OPK yesterday so I'll be testing on the 19th too Rache1S or maybe a few days before

bingeddybongo Sat 06-Oct-12 07:45:30

I just POA Clear Blue Digital which very smugly informed me I wasn't pregnant. Grrr. I think AF is due tomorrow or possibly later, since my cycles have been getting longer and longer, so I'm not giving up hope, especially since I have had almost all the same symptoms as ella! I've also had lots of twinges over the last 24 hours. For god's sake, my bloody nipples have changed colour! I suppose that just means if AF turns up I'll have to go see the doctor anyway ;)

janey1234 Thu 04-Oct-12 10:17:21

No, am mid-AF, but hell, I became so obsessed with POASing earlier in the week I might start just doing it on a daily basis wink
Good luck to anyone testing soon!

HazleNutt Thu 04-Oct-12 07:03:00

So, Elderberries, any POASing today?

Lolcbcblemonlime Wed 03-Oct-12 12:44:11

I took pregnacare for one month and didn't like it. I just finished a bottle of the wilkinson pg ones and really liked it.
I now have centrum pregnancy to start tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now