Late period, negative test

(6 Posts)
Maria101 Fri 07-Sep-12 15:53:14

Has anybody else had this? I've been trying for a second baby since July. My periods are always very regular, but I'm over a week late and feel very bloated and tired all the time. However, I've tried several tests and they all say negative. I had a Mirena coil taken out about six months ago, but my periods returned to normal fairly quickly. Any ideas?

Bellyjaby Fri 07-Sep-12 15:57:22

I had this whilst trying to conceive dc2. My periods are always pretty bang on, the worst was 2 days late once. Then wham, I'm 6 days late desperately ttc but all negative tests. In my case period came 2 days later and went back to normal. I've no clue what happened there.

Some people in that position find they are pregnant though, just may depend on when in cycle conceived/enough hormone present. Try testing every few days. Or you could request our GP does a blood test.

Runswithsquirrels Mon 10-Sep-12 22:21:34

Exactly the same this last cycle. Was bloated, late when NEVER late and testing negative. AF came ten days late in the end! I think maybe I wanted it too much and my mind pushed it back (I've often willed AF back or forwards if I needed to avoid some days!). Good luck to you though.

Dianek Tue 11-Sep-12 08:06:47

Hello, I've been regular too, was late this month (about a week), took a preg test and it said positive (yay!) (apparently always very precise) then I started to spot and more spotting. Ended up in A&E last night where they took another preg test which was negative. Now I just feel a little bit silly and am thanking my stars that I didn't spread the joy when it was positive! Just very frustrated now.

Maria101 Tue 11-Sep-12 22:11:14

Thanks for your replies. Just to update you all - I tested today and it was positive! I'm seeing my GP on Thursday, but still feel a tiny bit worried because of the negative results I had as early as the Sunday just gone. But fingers crossed I was just testing too early and I really am pregnant!

NaomiStar Mon 16-May-16 17:57:58

Hope some of you can help.
I'm new here so don't know what to expect.
I'm TTC with my partner. I was on the I'm planning for over a year and had it out in febuary/ March. I had my first period in April and was actually due today. I haven't come on. It might be that my cycle is longer or something else. I've done a test and had a negative result. Can anyone give me any advise please. Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now