This thread is the one the Rat Smacketeers all become PSEPP and we are Brooking No Argument this is the case. Fact.

(980 Posts)
ScarlettInSpace Fri 07-Sep-12 07:21:13

Ladies this thread is the one, I can feel it in my water [although maybe that's the drugs hmm ], here you go grin

Warning this is a very woe is me post but I am feeling very down in the dumps this afternoon, I think my chance to be a Mum to my own baby is slipping through my fingers.

The larger follie is now thought to be a follicular cyst and unlikely to contain an egg, the medium follie is now at optimum 18mm and has grown well. The smallest follie is now only 11mm, from 9mm on Thursday, so they think any egg will be weak as it isn’t growing quickly enough.
I have to do my trigger egg release injections at 11.30 this evening for Monday morning collection anyway. Will just have to wait and see what is actually collected on Monday, there is nothing more I can do now. I am trying to keep quality over quantity in my mind but that is very hard that I might only get a single egg.
I almost hope that whatever they do get doesn’t fertilize as I really don’t know if I can go through 2 weeks of torture waiting until I can do a pregnancy test.

DH is going out this evening, ironically to wet the babys head of his mates IVF baby. So I will wallow in self pity and eat chocolate as can not even have a glass of wine.

Sorry ladies for such a depressing post but I am feeling so down right now.

ScarlettInSpace Sat 08-Sep-12 18:55:33

sweetie thats a shame about your largest follie but the middle one sounds promising, hang on in there me love, on another thread I go on we are all singing dont stop believing by journey and I think you should have a little mental singalong, remember It Only Takes One xx

CruCru Sat 08-Sep-12 20:17:32

Hey Sweetie - you do need only one. Good luck from me.

All - you know that when you are successful after IVF, you also have to fill in a form to tell them about the birth etc? That's a nice one to fill in though.

Oh Sweetie lovely. I'm so sorry you are feeling so low. But i have every belief that you will be a mum to your own baby, and I will believe in it while you can't. I am so sure things will seem better in the morning. And role on Monday. You will get through this. We are brookers.

<breaks in to song: we are brookers till we die>

<dances round the follie totem>

<Joins in follie dance>

Coooommmmeeeee on follies!!

sweetie it only takes one, just one little egg and then that cuddly baby will be yours!! It'll be the most tense 2 weeks of your life but imagine how exciting getting that BFP will be?! We'll all be half whooping for joy and half crying happy tears, dont deny us that joy and give up now smile

<hugs> not very MN but it has to be done!!

ScarlettInSpace Sun 09-Sep-12 09:26:34

sweetie hope you're feeling better today, I was thinking about you last night [in a non stalkerish way I promise] and I reckon if someone said to us when we started IVF we'd get one good, strong, fertilised emby at the end of it we would've bitten their hand off! It's easy to get carried away in it all and raise your expectstions when things seem to go well but remember you only need one and focus on that follie me dear And you never know, the wee one may just surprise you too wink

Geeklette Sun 09-Sep-12 09:31:44

sweetie I'm so sorry to hear about your largest follie, but I am brooking no argument, your other follies will contain one, if not two, fab eggs. I really have no words of wisdom about the 2ww after the embryo transfer, it is torture at the best of times even without IVF. All you (and we, because believe me we will be!) can do is brook like mad for a good nestling in. Of course you will be a mum to your own baby though. That is simply not up for discussion. We are always here for hugs, hand-holding and follie-dancing x

Aw thanks lovelies <chokes back another round of tears> for your support. I feel better this morning, after a good cry and eating my own body weight in peanut M&Ms!!!
I know it only takes one super strong golden egg, so I have to think this month is just like any other but we know we have given it our best shot. The treatment hasn't been too bad in all honesty, it is the mentalling that is worse.
Have a busy day planned to keep my mind off things and then they have included some relaxation drugs in my pack to take later to encourage a good nights sleep.

Hope everyone else has a lovely day planned making the most of the glorious weather.
Thanks again Brookers for your support xx

Thanks sweetie now I have a craving for peanut m&ms

snowcloud Sun 09-Sep-12 15:06:47

Hi what's happened to the last thread?

Hi snow threads only have a 1000 post life, so when we get near that we start a new one!

Princesslovelyboo Sun 09-Sep-12 16:18:27

Hi all, back from the darkest peak district after a fab deaf children's weekend just in time to start my grow follies dance round the totem again! I really am brooking so hard for you Sweetie.

TheLittleFriend Sun 09-Sep-12 19:08:45

sweetie brooking so hard for you my love. Hope your relaxation drugs work & you get a good nights sleep xx

BROOKING FOR YOU SWEETIE

thanksthanksthanks

And all the other IVFers, and all the other brookers xx

CruCru Sun 09-Sep-12 19:34:26

Sweetie - I approve. Getting some rest may actually improve your chances.

AF arrived for me today, which was a shame. Here's to next month!

In that case Cru welcome to day 1 of your pregnancy!

Sweetie brooking for you

Geeklette Sun 09-Sep-12 21:16:23

sweetie brooking like crazy for your egg collection tomorrow. It is quality that matters, and it sounds like you have at least one perfect sized follie to give an excellent quality egg. Looking forward to hearing about your BFP in approx two weeks smile <unMNy hug and a squeeze>

Thanks ladies, I have had my sedative and feeling decidedly woozy (Scarlett & Solars I hope you have some these in order for when your time comes) so off to bed to listen to my relaxation CD and hopefully nod off to asleep.

I will let you know how things go when I can tomorrow. Night night to all

Solars Sun 09-Sep-12 22:15:29

I believe in your follies Sweetie sorry I've only just caught up with you all, but I'm brooking like anything for you, honey! This journey is such a roller coaster and I can feel it in my waters you will finish on top! Sleep well, I will be thinking good positive thoughts for you for tmrw!! thanks

keepitgoing Mon 10-Sep-12 04:28:18

sweetie just wanted to say that I am thinking of you today, and willing that both medium sized egg will fertilise nicely, and that little egg will have grown enough to be able to fertilise too. I hope that you are not too nervous; you're doing all you can, lovely, and that's a good think. I am brooking for you; we all are! How long till you know if they've fertilised - tomorrow?

cru sorry the witch got you as well. This will be the month! This is our thread.

wave to everyone else. Hope the drugs are going down well for scarlett & solars and that everyone else is smacking that rat. beedle - not long till your bfp/appointment!

Good luck sweetie hope everything goes well and in fact there were two follies to be harvested!!

In secretworld I was super stupid yesterday and didnt take any antihistamines and my rash has spread again today, stupid Stupid stupid!! Now I have to totes rethink today outfit!!

ScarlettInSpace Mon 10-Sep-12 08:42:19

Good luck sweetie fx x

Good luck Sweetie

How are the other IVFers doing?

Good luck for today Sweetie I am brooking so hard for you today x

Sparks your poor rash. Hope the outfit re-think worked out.

How are you feeling now Scarlett?

Sorry about AF Cru

Glad you had a good break Boo

How are all other brookers, post grads and new borns? All well I hope!

GreenOlives Mon 10-Sep-12 10:01:44

Brookety brook brook brook to you all! Special extra brook for Sweetie!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now