Hop on board the October 2012 BFP bus

(888 Posts)
takingthestairs Thu 06-Sep-12 13:01:12

I will be your conductor thread starter for all of us that are hoping for a BFP in October 2012.

Allow me to start.

takingthestairs. Cycle 1 BFP due Oct 2nd

AddictedtoCrunchies Thu 13-Sep-12 10:00:36

<ding ding> that's me stopping the bus to get off I'm afraid. I was put on risk of redundancy yesterday and having another baby without the guarantee of my salary is just not an option. So I'm checking out until the new year when I'll know one way or the other. sad sad sad

Good luck to you all and I'll continue to lurk to see all those BFPs.

Passengers on board
Ella0 - cycle 3. BFP due Oct 1st
Littlehelp cycle 1 BFP due Oct 1st
TakingTheStairs - cycle 1. BFP due Oct 2nd
VioletCherry - cycle 2. BFP due Oct 2nd
Weechops - cycle 4. BFP due Oct 3rd
Peacock - cycle 4. BFP due Oct 3rd
TuesdayNightClub - cycle 13. Happy Birthday BFP due Oct 5th
PerpetualProvocateur - WTF cycle 2. BFP due sometime between 25 Sept-5 Oct
Addictedtocrunchies - cycle 2. BFP due Oct 6th
Chookford - Cycle 1 after MC. BFP due Oct 8th
Almond - Cycle 3. BFP due Oct 9th
Wavesandsmiles - Cycle 1. BFP due Oct 9th
LexiLoganberry - Cycle 2. BFP due Oct 9th
33PinkLadyApple - Cycle 2. BFP due Oct 9th
Littlepinkfizz - cycle 3 after mc. BFP due Oct 10th
Sorelip - cycle 1. BFP due ...?

chookford Thu 13-Sep-12 11:04:12

sorry to hear that Addicted sad hope it all works out for you and your back with us soon x

TakingTheStairs Thu 13-Sep-12 11:41:23

Addicted, I'm sorry to hear that. What a stressful time this must be for you. Fingers crossed that it goes the way you want it to.

Hope to see you back soon xx

LexiLoganberry Thu 13-Sep-12 12:16:29

Sorry to hear that Addicted, that's a long while to have that uncertainty.
Hope your back soon.

chookford Fudge cake is my absolute favourite cake, definatly ice cream with this onesmile

chookford Thu 13-Sep-12 13:03:34

Ok Lexi then you can have the first slice Hope you are hungry these slices are humongous!!!! grin anyone fancy a brew?

TakingTheStairs Thu 13-Sep-12 13:36:18

lots of milk and two sugars for me please chookford
And maybe a slice of that cake too?

LexiLoganberry Thu 13-Sep-12 13:58:29

Oh god chookford your making me want want actual cake, since we decided to ttc I've been eating a more healthy diet and a positive effect from that is I've started to lose a little weight.

hint hint nudge nudge, maybe a chocolate and raspberry torte tomorrow(if you take requests)grin

chookford Thu 13-Sep-12 15:20:51

<passes tea and cake to Taking & Lexi> there you go ladies, enjoy! I am trying to give all my cakes and pies I am making away so I am not tempted to eat them all, last thing I need on top of everything else is to put on a stone!! Am trying to keep myself occupied so as not to dwell on things or become addicted to poas which I know will happen once I start!

Hope things work out addicted for all other bus passengers I have quite a few cupcakes to pass around. Dd turns 7 tomorrow and I have made rather a bit too much. Sherry trifle minus the sherry is the next thing on my making list! (if you take a cupcake you have to promise to join me in a happy birthday refrain tomorrow!)

chookford Thu 13-Sep-12 15:49:58

Thank you Waves I will take a cup cake!!

RockCakesAreYummy Thu 13-Sep-12 15:50:23

<climbs aboard> Can I join please, I have rock cakes.......! smile
I am in cycle 3 and BFP due 2nd Oct.

chookford Thu 13-Sep-12 16:37:54

Hi Rocks thank you for the cakes!!

TakingTheStairs Thu 13-Sep-12 16:49:14

I'm going to have to roll off the bus from all the cakes. Ah well <shrugs>, pass them over here please!

Question for those of you using OPKs; does it really matter what time of the day you use them at, as long as you use them at the same time every day?

Welcome on board RockCakesAreYummy
Addicted, I've taken you off the list. Hope that's okay xxxx

Passengers on board
RockCakesAreYummy - Cycle 3. BFP due Oct 2nd.
Littlepinkfizz - cycle 3 after mc. BFP due Oct 10th

ella0 Thu 13-Sep-12 17:10:33

Taking the stairs FMU is recommended for pregnancy tests, but not OPKs. I've read in quite a few places that 2pm is the ideal time for OPKs.

Sorry to hear that addicted.

TakingTheStairs Thu 13-Sep-12 17:24:53

thanks ella

littlepinkfizz Thu 13-Sep-12 18:19:01

Passengers on board
Littlepinkfizz - cycle 3 after mc. BFP due Oct 12

Just changing my date.if I never see that bloody(pardon the pun) Aunt Flo again,it would be too soon....

AlmondFrangipani Thu 13-Sep-12 18:43:03

All this cake talk is making me hungry! I am still trying to shift a few post pg pounds hmm. Seems to be happening very slowly but I am not trying that hard either...pass a cupcake!

Saturday will be CD6 so arming myself with OPK's! Have warned DH of the impending shagfest coming. He sounds quite keen luckily wink and suggested we do it every day shock! I dont think I have the stamina for that....! We will see...!

Hello!
May I climb aboard? DP and I now ttc! Am 39 with 1dd (9). Forgive me if I'm not up to speed with the terminology, but hoping for BFP on 7 October (ish)

weechops Thu 13-Sep-12 20:10:00

I don't like cakes, but i do make a mean tray of tablet! Anyone care for some?

Cd9 today and looking forward to getting that smiley face next week! I confess I'm a poas addict so I do them first thing in the morning, then from day 12 round about 2pm too. Dont tell dh though smile

Me and DH are still in the "we've only been married 3 months" romantic (shagfest) phase, and have DTDd every day since (apart from when he had a business trip)......Stupid question, possibly, but does it "dilute" DHs swimmers if we DTD too often? He said I was daft to think that, but I am sure I read somewhere that it is better to not be at it everyday blush If so, I'll definitely get some OPKs so we know which are the best days, but otherwise, I guess we'll just carry on. Never knew TTC could involve so many questions!

Glad the cupcakes are going down well - there are plenty more! The rock cakes are super yummy so I may leave my cupcakes and tuck into another of those - thanks rocks

TakingTheStairs Thu 13-Sep-12 21:34:10

weechops , what is a tray of tablet? (did you mean toffee and I'm being thick? blush )
I think I might follow your lead and do some sneaky 2pm tests too. Oh dear, I can see me getting obsessed with this!

woo hoo almond, OPK ahoy!

wavesandsmiles I don't know about the diluting, but my DH has been having a berocca everyday for the zinc to help the swimmers.

Perdita Welcome to the bus! Hope you brought your appetite, there are plenty of cakes for the journey. <reaches for another cupcake>

Passengers on board
PerditaMcLeod - Cycle 1. BFP due Oct 7th
Littlepinkfizz - cycle 3 after mc. BFP due Oct 12

weechops Thu 13-Sep-12 22:11:06

Taking no it's not toffee smile it's Scottish and I just assumed you could get it all over the uk oops. It's basically sugar, butter and condensed milk. Boiled and stirred for aaaaagggges it hardens and is so delicious. Bit like harder fudge. It's really really sweet so a little goes a long way smile

chookford Fri 14-Sep-12 08:24:03

oooh Weechops that sounds delicious may I take some?! I have ordered some opks so hopefully they should be here in a few days ... I fear I am going to join you in being addicted to poas but hey ho, at least I am not alone! grin

VioletCherry Fri 14-Sep-12 14:19:16

I used to live in Scotland so obviously a big fan of tablet! yum

Busied myself this lunchtime by buying a refill of folic acid, just a reminder to anyone who has forgotten.

PuppyMummy Fri 14-Sep-12 14:43:50

marking my place if i may? Come from the September thread, CD1 cycle #7 today, not worked my dates out for october yet but I will do at some point.

apart from Af arriving today I had blood tests back including day 21 and they were all normal, which is good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now