Hop on board the October 2012 BFP bus

(888 Posts)
takingthestairs Thu 06-Sep-12 13:01:12

I will be your conductor thread starter for all of us that are hoping for a BFP in October 2012.

Allow me to start.

takingthestairs. Cycle 1 BFP due Oct 2nd

AlmondFrangipani Sun 09-Sep-12 18:28:44

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to add my dates but still on the WTF cycle CD44. When will it end <throws fists in air in desperation>.

Ella you will be the first poas...exciting!

I have a good feeling about October!

ella0 Sun 09-Sep-12 19:18:18

If I get the chance; I've always had 28 day cycles, but since ttc, af has arrived slightly early (cd26/7) confused .

Fingers crossed for us all for October.

weechops Mon 10-Sep-12 08:26:32

Cd6 today and I can start using the clearblue opk again. Poas addiction smile got a smiley on day 16 last month so let's see if it's the same this month.

TakingTheStairs Mon 10-Sep-12 08:52:31

<rings bell> Welcome to the bus Ella, Sorelip & Violet.

oooh weechops, I'm starting the Clearblue op sticks tmr, I'm actually quite excited about it. How sad is that blush

Passengers on board
ella0. Cycle 3. BFP due Oct 1st
TakingTheStairs. Cycle 1. BFP due Oct 2nd
SodItAndGoForIt. Cycle 1. BFP due Oct 2nd
VioletCherry. Cycle 2. BFP due Oct 2nd
weechops. Cycle 4. BFP due Oct 3rd
peacock Cycle 4. BFP due Oct 3rd
PerpetualProvocateur - WTF Cycle 2 - BFP due sometime between 25 Sept-5 Oct
Addictedtocrunchies - cycle 2, BFP due 5 Oct
AlmondAvocado - WTF Cycle - BFP date illusive
Sorelip - Cycle 1 BFP due ...?

SodItAndGoForIt Mon 10-Sep-12 11:57:58

I will be getting off the bus. DH and I went to DTD last night to get some practice in and I had a panic attack at the thought of another pregnancy.

I'll be getting a few more therapy sessions in first. takingthestairs you might recognise me from another thread and i think that was pretty much your suggestions anyway

Wishing everyone a speedy journey to their destination, I'll be at the bus stop in a few months time.

TakingTheStairs Mon 10-Sep-12 13:28:11

Hi SodIt Ah yes, now I know who you are <waves>
I'm really sorry to hear that you had a panic attack. That must have been really frightening. We'll save you a seat on a future bus for when you're ready.
Best of luck with the therapy and take care of yourself xxx

Updated list below

Passengers on board

littlepinkfizz Mon 10-Sep-12 17:58:39

Dipping my tootsies in. No AF yet. Ht had 2 bfn's, so only a matter of time. Cycle 3 aftermc. AF. Due prob around 11 October. Fx for all of uswine

littlepinkfizz Mon 10-Sep-12 19:18:43

Updated list then...

Passengers on board
Littlepinkfizz - Cycle 3 after mc. BFP due ?? Oct 10th

AddictedtoCrunchies Tue 11-Sep-12 08:49:07

Passengers on board
Ella0 - cycle 3. BFP due Oct 1st
TakingTheStairs - cycle 1. BFP due Oct 2nd
VioletCherry - cycle 2. BFP due Oct 2nd
Weechops - cycle 4. BFP due Oct 3rd
Peacock - cycle 4. BFP due Oct 3rd
PerpetualProvocateur - WTF cycle 2. BFP due sometime between 25 Sept-5 Oct
Addictedtocrunchies - cycle 2. BFP due 6 Oct
AlmondAvocado - WTF cycle. BFP date elusive
Sorelip - cycle 1. BFP due ...?
Littlepinkfizz - cycle 3 after mc. BFP due ?? Oct 10th

Had to update mine - maths never my strong point..

AlmondFrangipani Tue 11-Sep-12 09:12:11

Morning fellow passengers! Well I'm v excited to say that I got my AF!!!!!! So the WTF cycle is finally over! I can update my stats to say Cycle 3, BFP due 9th Oct.

My FF calendar says 23rd Oct but it's presuming I will have a really long cycle again whereas I'm hoping for one around 30 days! I will start OPKs on CD6 to catch the smile though! grin

Hi, I'm very new here, although been lurking generally for a while. Got married in July, had my coil out last week and AF arrived Sunday. So hoping, for a BFP around 9 October I think?! But no real idea...

Please may I hop onboard?

chookford Tue 11-Sep-12 10:56:54

Hi Ladies.. If I start the first chorus of the Wheels on The Bus may I join too?! Suffered a mmc in July af arrived 08/9 (first one) as I fell pg on the pill I have no idea on cycles etc but will be testing around 08th Oct... may I be added to the list please!!!

TakingTheStairs Tue 11-Sep-12 12:58:36

welcome, welcome, welcome!!
almondfrangipani - that is brilliant news, delighted for you. (You were Almond Avocado weren't you? Hope I haven't deleted the wrong person)
wavesandsmiles (nice user name btw!) hop on board!
chookford I love a good sing-a-long! hop on board too! Sorry about your MC

Passengers on board
Addictedtocrunchies - cycle 2. BFP due Oct 6th
Chookford - Cycle 1 after MC. BFP due Oct 8th
Almond - Cycle 3. BFP due Oct 9th
Wavesandsmiles - Cycle 1. BFP due Oct 9th

chookford Tue 11-Sep-12 13:09:17

Hi TakingTheStairs

Thank you for the warm welcome and adding me to the list! Oh good, I am always up for a good sing-song! I will let you choose the next song though! (my main repertoire are unfortunately children songs! I am not mad btw I have a dd who is 3! ) grin

Always up for a sing song too :-) Fx for everyone. It's first time trying with DH, I have DS8 and DD7 (well, she will be on Friday) and he has 2 DS, 8 and turning 10 on Sunday. Moving to a bigger house next month and hoping we will be able to fill the extra bedroom asap!

chookford Tue 11-Sep-12 14:06:28

Hi Waves

Ahh that sounds lovely, you will have your hands full with all those kids running riot!!! Will keep everything crossed that we all get our bfp in Oct, or sooner!

VioletCherry Tue 11-Sep-12 15:18:52

So, with little to think about on the baby front for the next few weeks. In preparation for the 2ww I spent lunch time stocking up on cheap pee sticks. I was also considering buying some OPT but wasn't sure. Any opinions as to whether they are worthwhile or is there a danger of becoming a bit obsessive?

TakingTheStairs Tue 11-Sep-12 15:58:18

I'm using the Clear Blue Ovulation Test Sticks (is that what you mean by OPT violetcherry?). I know it's only my first cycle so some might think it's a bit OTT but if I don't get a BFP in the next few months I'd like to know whether I'm ovulating and when so that at least I have that clear in my mind.

There's so much that I can't control about TTC, so I like to at least to have as much information about what my body is doing.

Fingers crossed for some smiley faces on the sticks this week smile - sorry if that's tmi!

I'm thinking of trying those out... Never had a 28 day cycle pre coil so interested to know what my body is up to and when! Hoping the fact that we are moving house on 9 October will sufficiently distract me as I've never actively tried before, dd was unexpected and ds was a not really not trying kind of situation iykwim. I think since we decided to actively try the days are all getting longer already ...

littlehelp Tue 11-Sep-12 16:31:19

Hello hope you dont mind i have added myself on to the October bus,
First cycle after coming off the pill so fingers crossed not holding out tho,

Passengers on board
LIttlehelp cycle 1 BFP due Oct 1st
Addictedtocrunchies - cycle 2. BFP due Oct 6th
Chookford - Cycle 1 after MC. BFP due Oct 8th
Almond - Cycle 3. BFP due Oct 9th
Wavesandsmiles - Cycle 1. BFP due Oct 9th

33PinkLadyApple Tue 11-Sep-12 16:58:39

Not sure if I'm on CD23 of cycle 1 or CD1 of Cycle 2 as it's VERY light but can I stand on the bus and sit down if AF happens properly? Don't like being left on the curb wondering what bus to get on sad

chookford Tue 11-Sep-12 17:20:06

I have some opk's sitting in my drawer but am still too chicken to use them! I am trying to take a relaxed approach to ttc as both my babies were conceived on the pill so haven't really tried before and since my mc I have become a bit obsessed with getting pg again and for me poas would make me even worse, and as I don't have a normal cycle (never have!) I wouldn't know when to test anyway really, but if in the next month or so I am not lucky enough to get my bfp I will break out the sticks and pee on them furiously every single day if I have to! I know a lot of women that swear by them though!

TakingTheStairs Tue 11-Sep-12 17:28:59

very light bleed on day 23 of cycle 1....pinklady could it <whispers> be an implantation bleed? Don't worry the bus won't set off until September 30th, so you can hop on and off any time you like smile

Welcome littlehelp!

both conceived on the pill chookford? Did you forget to take some days or was it just not working for you (I'm presuming they were happy accidents ) x

chookford Tue 11-Sep-12 17:48:17

No just didn't work for me Taking, different pill too! Yes both were happy accident unfortunately my second pregnancy ended in a mc at 7 + 4 but I am hopeful next one will have a happy ending! Just typical that I have fallen twicw without trying now I am desperate to fall again I am really scared it is going to be difficult! But for now will remain positive! smile

AlmondFrangipani Tue 11-Sep-12 18:51:29

Taking yes it is still me. Decided Avocado's were too healthy (especially for bus journeys) so opted for cake! Thanks for adding me thanks!

Waves I am similar in that I had the coil out after 10 years (not same one) and don't really know what my 'regular' cycle is. I also got pg on the first cycle complete fluke but now want to know exactly what is going on! I am going to use the Clear Blue OPK's as I didn't like the IC ones! I can then do them at work discretely as there is no peeing in a pot required! Taking how are you getting on with them? Oooo Waves we might be POAS the same day!

Violet I dont consider it as obsessing but 'constructive information gathering' basically I am a control freak. If that makes you happy then go for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now