Can I start using clearblue fertility monitor on day 6?

(8 Posts)
firemansamsmam Wed 05-Sep-12 08:32:55

Got AF on Saturday evening and ordered cbfm on next day delivery, but given it was the weekend the earliest it would arrive was Tuesday.

Amazon failed to deliver yesterday to my work and I'm out of the office today so earliest I will get the thing is tomorrow- on day 6 of my cycle.

My cycle is really long so I thought I might be able to get away with this- can any experts out there advise me?

Pipbin Wed 05-Sep-12 22:04:10

Yes, I did. You need to set it, press the M button, in the middle of the 6 hours where is would be convenient to have your first pee every day. If you press and hold the M button then it counts up through the days.
However the highest you can go it day 5. But when I got mine the soonest I could set it was day 6. TBH it doesn't make a great deal of difference. You just need to know that your actual cycle day is different
Also I reset it at the end of the month as it stores the data and I didn't want it having inaccurate data.

One piece of advice that will save you money using it is that after you get your first peak reading it is programmed to give you a peak on the following day and after that it will ask for sticks until it gets to a multiple of ten. So, after you have had your first peak, keep that stick and use it for the rest of the time it asks for them. The cheapest place to buy them is Amazon on their subscribe and save service.

Good luck!

Pipbin Wed 05-Sep-12 22:11:54

Just re-reading your post, if you get it tomorrow, day 6, then the earliest you will be able to set it is the day after. This is unless it arrives early. If you press the m button at 9am, the earliest you can test it 6am, at 10am, the earliest you can test is 7am.
Hope that makes sense.

firemansamsmam Wed 05-Sep-12 22:25:36

Thankyou, that makes sense. Thanks also for the tips- they are really useful! Think its going to have to be a day 7 start unless I can time it all right...

Pipbin Wed 05-Sep-12 23:11:48

Thing it, it will tell you when your peak is, regardless of the day, the only problem might be if you OV really early. It will ask for the first stick on its day 6, so assuming you won't have OVd by your day 8 then you should be OK.

Also, if you don't get your BFP, I would reset it when AF shows up. That way it won't use the false data for this cycle.

firemansamsmam Fri 07-Sep-12 08:32:39

Ok will do. I have really long cycles so unlikely to ov early. I got it yesterday at 9am so managed to set it then. Felt a bit sneaky setting the thing in the loo at work mind!
Thanks again.

Pipbin Fri 07-Sep-12 17:47:52

Hope it all works out for you!

ElleElleElle Sun 19-Jun-16 12:24:05

Should the monitor ask to insert the stick on day 6 or 7? Mine just shows the day (it's the first time I am using it) but it does not ask to insirt the stick. Did I press something wrong or it is something wrong with the monitor?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now