Come dance round Pipbin's May pole for women looking for a May baby.

(102 Posts)
Pipbin Tue 04-Sep-12 19:05:47

Well the Easter thread was getting rather full so I thought I would start this.
Pick a coloured ribbon and dance round the big old fertility symbol.

blackcatsdancing Sat 08-Sep-12 17:25:33

plus tested again and this time no line. very odd that last one.

UnoriginalUsername Sat 08-Sep-12 21:50:22

Thanks for all the advice Shifty, pipbin and blackcat
So what I thought was the arrival of AF this morn hasnt really turned into much, I've read about implantation spotting so maybe its that?!? confused
Although I'm probably just inventing symptoms again...! sad
Will definitely start noting dates etc when she eventually arrives
Good luck to you all

blackcatsdancing Sun 09-Sep-12 08:05:47

well temp down even more today and another BFN so i'm out. really pissed off as we had lots of well timed sex.
anyway that's my last month. can't focus on this any more. If it happens it happens but i have to move onto other things. The chance of it happening for me are decidedly unlikely- not impossible but unlikely , so seems ridiculous to spend so much mental energy on it.

very best of luck to everyone.

UnoriginalUsername Sun 09-Sep-12 09:48:00

Sorry to hear that Blackcat, AF appeared for definite this morning so I am in the gutted boat with you.
I agree with the not wasting the mental energy and I've only been at this 2 months! so I'm not going to say any of that 'it'll happen when it happen's' B*llocks but just a massive good luck for next month smile

Pipbin Sun 09-Sep-12 12:32:33

Sorry to hear that Black. Will you still come to chat or are you going to stop all of it now?
I just don't know how people can stop. even if I said I had I would still track my cycle and know what day I was on.

blackcatsdancing Sun 09-Sep-12 13:31:05

Hi pip, i'm waiting for DP to turn up , we're doing something nice this afternoon.

i think i probably will still stop and chat from time to time. I will still track my periods. I've always written down P on my calendar every day of my flow since i was a teenager so won't stop that. Not sure how much else i will do. I might still do OPKs , especially whilst i still have some left, but shall probably stop with temping and FF. we'll see how it goes.

I'm going to start running again , and this week have a lovely cake to make for DCs birthday which i'm obsessing over. Tipsy orange truffle cake from a Peggy Porschen book as DC loves chocolate orange.

well time to go and enjoy some sun! Enjoy what is left of the weekend and the lovely weather everyone!

Pipbin Sun 09-Sep-12 17:27:39

Now I just know that in about a months time you are going to come back here and say, 'you'll never guess what' and prove all those, 'just relax and it'll happen' people right.

NoTeaForMe Sun 09-Sep-12 18:34:18

Sorry to hear that BlackCat and Unoriginal Hope it happens soon for you both.

NoTeaForMe Tue 11-Sep-12 07:27:59

I did a test...it was an instant and very clear BFP!! Aaah!

BeadyEyes Tue 11-Sep-12 12:40:48

Hello everyone it's Squirrel here with a new name.

Congratulations NoTea you lucky thing! Send us some of your luck please!

Sorry to her about how things are going Blackcats...I think you're taking a sensible approach though, toning down on the charting etc. It does cause a bit of obsession and single minded focus on TTC, for me anyway.

I have my next appointment with the Consultant in three weeks which is good. Only problem is the appointment is at another hospital managed by the same trust, a 17 mile bike ride from my place! Yikes! Hope he doesn't want to, ahem, examine me after a sweaty session in the saddle! shock

Pipbin Tue 11-Sep-12 20:32:37

congrats NoTea. How many month has that taken?
First BFP of the thread!

Pipbin Wed 12-Sep-12 21:21:27

Quick ladies turn on Channel 4, Kevin McCloud is on. Women only seem to need to look at him and they get pregnant. I'm sure he's a fertility god. I'm going to rub the TV screen for luck.

BeadyEyes Fri 14-Sep-12 15:17:25

Hope it works!!

ShiftyFades Fri 14-Sep-12 22:56:10

Congratulations Notea grin that's fantastic news!!

Sorry for the lack of posts, been really busy at work and home sad

Pipbin Mon 17-Sep-12 20:13:49

Well a

Pipbin Mon 17-Sep-12 20:15:14

Try again,

Well a positive opk and a peak on the CBFM means that I'm off to DTD.
See you on the flip side ladies.

Crazytictac Tue 18-Sep-12 18:32:33

Just dropping in to say good luck pipbin!

Hi shiftyfades

Pipbin Tue 18-Sep-12 18:56:23

Temp rise this morning too.
Seems I'm oving a week early!

Hi everyone

Found you! Sorry I've been MIA lately. Just going through one of those patches where mumsnet wasn't really on my radar.

CD4 here :-( Have just had my second acupuncture treatment. So far the beginning and end of my period has been a bit clearer - not as much spotting and cramping which is nice. I've also been old not to use tampons which takes some getting used to after about 20 years! Have wear slippers all the time/not walk around barefoot. It's interesting the things she's given me to do.

How is everyone here then?

Congrats NoTea!

Pipbin Wed 19-Sep-12 13:14:03

Why no tampons?
I love my mooncup. I get toxic shock so have no choice.

BeadyEyes Wed 19-Sep-12 15:25:33

I second the Mooncup! It's amazing!

I just got my blood tests back. LH 4.7 and FSH 7.3. Both are within the normal range but have increased from 1.9 and 6.6 since I last had them done six months ago. Not sure whether I should be worried...but off to the consultant in a couple of weeks.

I have just put a wall planner up in my kitchen that includes, along with work deadlines and trips, key shagging dates . Mr B was a bit shock when he saw the planned sexathon regime!

BeadyEyes shockwink At least if he knows what you're expecting then he can do some initiating, etc. That's the hard part for us, I feel like I'm always saying It's Time! And it's so not sexy...

Pip she said no tampons because I've been diagnosed with blood stasis/stagnation and tampons block the natural flow. She also said no sex during menstruation for the same reason. And while I was googling (as if I wasn't going to!) I found that even the medical community are linking sex during your period to endometriosis (because it pushes the blood back into your body and it can end up in different places). Was really shocked with that!

Pipbin Fri 21-Sep-12 00:04:09

Temp rise has confirmed a week early ov!

ShiftyFades Fri 21-Sep-12 07:52:30

Morning smile
Have been away with work and I'm shattered and grumpy today.
I'm CD 15/16 today iirc, dtd last night, I'm worried we may be too late. sad

Booked to see Mama Mia for my 30 10th birthday in a few months time. That will mark the end of TTC DC2 for us. Not sure how I feel either way tbh. Sigh...

Oh shifty sad is that it? Have never seen Mama Mia on stage - should be fun!

Pip are you doing anything that might make you ov earlier than normal? Hoe bizarre if not!

Entering shag week here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now