Come dance round Pipbin's May pole for women looking for a May baby.

(102 Posts)
Pipbin Tue 04-Sep-12 19:05:47

Well the Easter thread was getting rather full so I thought I would start this.
Pick a coloured ribbon and dance round the big old fertility symbol.

ShiftyFades Thu 06-Sep-12 15:09:25

It is a nightmare!!
What I found, with DS was: positive OPK on cd 15, cycle was 28.5 days (almost to the hour!) so AF would have arrived 13.5 (call it 14) days after ovulating.
So mine was pretty spot on perfect.....

It's just been shite whilst TTC number 2!!!

firey boobs THAT'S a very good sign!!! I couldn't even move my arms when I was in the first trimester, I nearly cried at bedtime and certainly couldn't sleep on my front!

Squirrel77 Thu 06-Sep-12 17:56:15

Maybe I should change my name to FireBoob grin

Actually I think it might be all in my head. I think I have some pre-AF type crampy things happening as well. Grrrr sad

NoTeaForMe Thu 06-Sep-12 18:07:15

I have felt quite nauseous the last few days, but surely it's too early to feel anything like that?! It must all be in my head?!

LimeLeafLizard Thu 06-Sep-12 23:01:11

Hello. I was thinking about you all today and am glad I managed to find the new thread, although in the nicest possible way, sorry to see you here.

Sending positive thoughts...

ShiftyFades Thu 06-Sep-12 23:21:29

How spooky Lime, I was wondering how you were getting on today!!

FireBoobs is a good name grin
The cramps can be a good sign, I had them and drugged myself up on painkillers while my boobs killed me blush
And then there's the copious few alcoholic drinks I had that week too blush

Still, DS has no ill affects (phew)!

Hi everyone! Like Lime,was wondering how you are all doing. Pip l lurked A but on the old thread and was glad to hear about the one clear tube and sorry to read about af turning up. 10+3 here and finally made contact with midwife, was too chicken to do so before. Luck to all!

blackcatsdancing Fri 07-Sep-12 08:54:35

nice to hear from lime and silent .

re feeling sick in 2WW. I nearly always get that to some extent. I wonder if its an extreme sensitivity to extra progesterone, either that or a psychosomatic thing. I just ignore it now.

well 12DPO tested and another BFN. feeling down with that. I know for my body its still early, last 2 times i got pregnant even with v. sensitive test nothing was picked up until 13/14DPO but even so. I'll test again sunday and guess i'll know for certain then.

NoTeaForMe Fri 07-Sep-12 12:40:20

I agree, I'm ignoring all queasy/tender stomach feelings as of...now!

I think I'm 12dpo on Sunday, would it be reasonable to do a test then or should I really wait til later? If later then if want to do it in the evening with my husband (not sure if time of day makes a difference?) I want to know but I don't want up test to early and get a BFN that either turns into a BFP or I'll convince myself that there's still a chance even if it's actually always going to be a BFN. Does that make sense?

Thanks

LimeLeafLizard Fri 07-Sep-12 13:49:32

I know it is hard but I'd wait to test. I tested at 12dpo, got a -ve, two days later it was +ve. Good luck!

Squirrel77 Fri 07-Sep-12 17:07:15

Hi all! 12DPO (although FF is messing around with my O date), not much else to report except I'm going mental in 2WW-induced madness. AF is due for a visit tomorrow but no sign of her arrival at the moment....Have a good weekend everyone!

Pipbin Fri 07-Sep-12 17:47:01

Sounds exciting Squirrel. Does she normally send an advance notice?

NoTeaForMe Fri 07-Sep-12 18:38:10

Good luck squirrel!

Squirrel77 Fri 07-Sep-12 19:00:09

hehehe thanks! Usually she sends some cramps to herald her arrival the day before. I still think she's up to no good and is going to pay me a visit tomorrow, hmmm.

ShiftyFades Fri 07-Sep-12 20:21:36

NoTea, I'd wait if I were you, if it's BFN then you'll still test on 14dpo. Time of day won't matter either. Just make sure it's a "normal" wee i.e. don't drink loads just to make the wee come quicker as it waters it down. Drink normally grin

NoTeaForMe Fri 07-Sep-12 20:34:04

Oh, you're all so sensible! I want to do a test...but I won't! I'll wait til Tuesday-I suppose!

(the test I have can be used 4 days before your period due date if that makes any difference?!)

ShiftyFades Fri 07-Sep-12 21:54:18

Wait until Sunday evening at the earliest wink

ShiftyFades Fri 07-Sep-12 21:54:51

I was 5 days late with DS before I tested!! blush

Squirrel77 Sat 08-Sep-12 07:41:46

Aaargh, the evil witch flew in on her broomstick right on schedule. Oh well, off to get my day 3 bloods done again Monday, then back on the chopping block to get the endo seen to I expect.... sad

Good luck NoTea!!

ShiftyFades Sat 08-Sep-12 07:55:25

Oh squirrel sad
So sorry sad

blackcatsdancing Sat 08-Sep-12 08:34:25

so sorry * squirrel*. think i'll be joining you tomorrow. temp right down this morning meaning that AF is almost certainly coming tonight or tomorrow.

UnoriginalUsername Sat 08-Sep-12 09:01:31

Hello Ladies, I'm new to this so any help, advice, positive thoughts sent in my direction really appreciated smile
I'm only on to second cycle since coming off the pill but 'the dreaded' appeared this morning... 5 days early! sad
last month (first month ttc) I convinced myself I had every symptom going (including weeing every half hour!) and I was 4 days late, 6 tests and 6 BFN's later (DH & I did get really excited and started testing about a week early...oops!) and then it appeared.
So I think my question is...how the hell am is supposed to calculate ov next month?? I've never been early in my life, and I was late last month..?! aargh!
Did anyone else have similar when first coming off the pill??

ShiftyFades Sat 08-Sep-12 11:32:03

My periods were odd when I came off the pill but that was about 12 years ago so I can't fully remember.
If I were you, I'd try and stay stress free and just dtd every other day from when your period ends. One of our ladies got pg that way. No predictor kits, no temp taking.
Just note down you cycle lengths and each date period arrives for a few months.
In a couple of months you should see the pattern forming. Ovulation usually takes place 14 days before AF arrives. So day 14 in a 28 day cycle, day 15 in a 29 day cycle etc etc.
Obviously that's just a "typical example".
If you want to try OPK then test from day 10 of cycle, same time each day (I pick evenings as I can't guarantee the same time in the morning. I got pg with DS that way. My "go for it" line appeared on day 15 of a 28.5 day cycle.
Hth

Pipbin Sat 08-Sep-12 14:15:31

She is such a bitch Squirrel.
Hi Unoriginal I came off the pill in May 2011 and I found that my periods were rather erratic until September. I also had very extreme pregnancy like symptoms for the first month. I had morning sickness, sore boobs, weeing every 5 minutes, the lot.
I agree with Shifty I would start to record your cycles in something like Fertility Friend (here are my charts so you can see how it works) just so you can see how it goes. Don't bother with OPKs etc until you are a few cycles in.

Just ask for help. Many of us have been doing this for ages and have tried everything.

blackcatsdancing Sat 08-Sep-12 15:05:06

Hi unoriginal . having sex every 2 days throughout your cycle- obviously no need to during your period as you're unlikely to ov then- though some people do apparently- is standard NHS and Zita West advice. It is good advice. If that isn't easy then OPKs are useful. Personally i love them! I buy in bulk on amazon so they are pennies per test. Look at instructions in packet to see when to start testing. Its easy to miss the surge so now once i get any sort of line appearing i switch to testing twice a day. Keeping a record as pipbin says is very useful and if things are taking their time it means that you are well informed if you have to see your GP.

well i tested this pm- despite my drop in temp this morning and got at 10 mins the most faint line possible. It is more visible now but i keep remembering my evap lines from last month. Don't know what to think. I am starting to hate these cheap pregnancy sticks as i can always see a line when it starts drying. I will test again tomorrow morning using a superdrug brand and see what happens. i'm not feeling hopeful, think its probably all in my head. Anyway 13DPO today.

blackcatsdancing Sat 08-Sep-12 15:05:55

not hopeful as my temp dropped dramatically this morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now