Just Shagging - The lazy TTCers heaven, this is Shaggers Corner, Part 11

(1000 Posts)
Kittenkatzen Fri 31-Aug-12 11:32:56

(sorry I know that's awful but seriously, can you think of anything else that rhymes with "eleven"?!)

Ladies, leave your OPKs at the door, and settle in for part 11 of JSing!

Fred rules;

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share wine and [tea] with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.
Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.
Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce envy in other posters).
Viroid = This is you, dear poster. The reason for this is a closely guarded secret, known only to....er....well, nobody as far as we can tell!
POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit).
Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.
Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

The link to Part 10 is here.

The link to the latest grads thread is here.

So don those shag capes, we have standards to maintain - Part 10 saw an amazing 9 BFPs, including one set of twins! So - what are you still doing here? GET SHAGGING!!

grin

MrsBri Wed 31-Oct-12 14:24:59

Waves...Chris the bassist (AKA Wolstenbeast) has 6 kids. He has. fertility god status amongst Muse fans.

If you look at the photos on my profile, there is a photo my DH took at the gig on 30.09 and immediately tweeted saying he had seen Chris' impregnation rays in action.

Meanwhile, I'm standing next to my DH with sperm meeting egg. Our story is conception took place at the Muse gig thanks to Chris! It's an ace story :-)

frogchops Wed 31-Oct-12 15:39:35

Thanks for lots of shoulder lending....I've even suggested today that we have a Halloween party (just the two of us;)) tonight as I had plenty of party tricks up my sleeve! He said he's off to football and then has a football match to watch. :-/ here's hoping that he's up for it after. In fact I'm on CD12 so am I right in thinking this is a good day????

Bearface Wed 31-Oct-12 16:24:41

Good on you Frog - glad you're not giving up. Halloween party for two sounds fun. wink I have no idea if CD12 is right, but I'd go with it anyway. I'm sorry for you that he wasn't really up for it, but like you said, maybe that will change. If it doesn't, then you can have it out with him.

I would be standing by the radio in the kitchen haw hee haw but off out to my friend's tonight so will have to have a go after maybe using the catch-up facility, so to speak!

33PinkLadyApple Wed 31-Oct-12 17:12:19

Hi All. Quick one as I'm about to leave work so I havent read thread blush

I'm on CD24. Last night I hadn't uncomfortable cramping for about 2 hours. I though ERTD was going to show up early but nothing yet?! I've had head ache and achey boobage for about a week now.... could it be...????!!!! AAAHHHHHHH. birthday on so wodering if I should test (BFP/ERTD due Sunday tho)

DingDongBelle Wed 31-Oct-12 19:16:14

Hello laydees. Can I join? Had every bit of kit going when I ttc ds (18mo), and frankly can't be arsed with all the opk's etc this time. This looks more like my kind of Fred.

Is there an initiation? grin

frogchops Wed 31-Oct-12 19:30:05

Even if there is an initiation ding, if u read back through the posts, you'll see that no matter what it is, I failed!! Initiation is not my thing, lol. Welcome!! X

notsoold Wed 31-Oct-12 21:16:15

Welcome ding....really friendly fred

DingDongBelle Wed 31-Oct-12 23:00:05

Thank you! Seems very friendly. Haven't read all the way from the beginning yet - 900 messages will take some time smile

Frog, if it's any consolation I'm pretty sure if I hadn't fallen so quickly, I would have had EXACTLY the same issues as you. I don't know what the answer is but I DID promise to hold your hand wink have a glass of wine for you and one for me too.

Redshoes56 Thu 01-Nov-12 03:55:38

Hi ladies! Just a super quick check-in from NJ where I have no power but finally mobile phone service. We were very lucky compared to others on the coast. Thinking good thoughts for all of you. I will catch up properly once the power is back on. Don't be too disappointed in me, but it is WAY too cold for JSing - hopefully we made our hurricane baby before the heat and lights went out grin

Rockchick1984 Thu 01-Nov-12 07:27:22

Hi Red glad you're safe and good luck with hurricane baby smile

Welcome Ding my DS is 19 months, it's a fab age isn't it? Although there's a part of me thinking we are mad, terrible twos, potty training and hoping to throw a newborn into the mix?!?!?

33 I'd say test tomorrow. When's your birthday? Anything nice planned for it?

MrsBri have just had a nosy at your fertility god pic, but was distracted as your wedding dress was gorgeous! Don't like Muse, so think I need to find another fertility god to worship how many kids does the singer from My Chemical Romance have??

Frog I think you need to have a Big Chat (yes it's with capitals) to find out what's going on with DP, how sure are you that he wants to TTC? Do you think that it's just because he isn't used to you initiating things, so he's not picking up on your hints?

Evil evil ERTD has turned up for me last night, only 10 days late hmm had been peeing on something every few days and getting BFN's so I knew I wasn't likely to be upduffed, can only presume my body is all messed up from being unwell last month. Ah well, a few more days and I can jump DH have beautiful baby-producing love making grin

Thanks everyone for the wine and kind wishes about my friend, it really means a lot thanks

MrsBri Thu 01-Nov-12 07:36:28

Ah, that's a bugger, Rockchick :-/ At least you were mentally expecting it though. Fx to next cycle.

And thank you! It looked even better on the day with hair and make up done. I wouldn't have wanted to be any more pregnant though, as it was TIGHT! Don't think I'd even get in it now, and I'm only 6+5.

I'm sure we can find someone you like with loads of kids! Our wedding DJ played Teenagers...we danced and sang like loons :-)

Kittenkatzen Thu 01-Nov-12 07:47:35

<considers not liking rock anymore due to lack of worship for the band-god that is Muse......decides she is mostly forgiven based on excellent alternative provided in MCR> grin

I think he does have kids actually, and he is hot although I've never been able to fully get on board with fancying someone named Gerard...! Sorry the witch got you rock, well done for seeing the silver lining though, wine and an extra month's JSing smile

red glad to hear you're all safe over there, the pictures I've seen look horrific sad stay warm and dry!

Welcome ding <waves> good effort on reading the whole thread back - not sure 900 posts of our waffling will an exciting read make!

33 ooh sounds exciting fx for you then! Keep us posted!

smile to everyone else, sorry if I've missed anyone am on phone app and can't scroll back and have memory like a sieve

Ooh and a pinch and a punch for the first of the month grin

33PinkLadyApple Thu 01-Nov-12 07:54:13

rock birthday tomorrow! James bond and a meal with h2b then pub saturday from 3!? Kid friendly pub so afternoon will be mainly families. Our friends have lots of kids, latest is boy 4 months who is just lush. Probably should test saturday in case. Would be amazing if i get bfp but akward for birthday pub drinks. I never not drink in pubs so will be soooo obvious if im not on birthday. Test might say bfn if too early? Happy thursday ladies! I had better get up for work.

frogchops Thu 01-Nov-12 07:54:45

Was just gona come on and moan that yet again DP steered well clear again last night, but then has just initiated a quickie before work. Wtf. I can't work him out! I'm getting ov symptoms so fx but still think I might try my luck tonight too, this is CD13. Is there such a thing as too much Dtd? I know that's rich coming from me!! Hmmm maybe not tonight but tomorrow. Feel free to hooya!

Hey frog from what I understand what I am desperate to believe there is no such thing as too much DTDing. Apparently it makes more swimmers or something, the more you do it?! Anyway, that's the line I am taking with DH.

Happy birthday for tomorrow 33 and red, really pleased to hear you are safe and sound.

Welcome ding

Right, hugely busy day ahead, but at least it will be an excuse for me to jump DH when I get home. Was chatting to a girl at work who has taken the same tack with her DH. Hoping for a mini-office baby boom following the stress of the past few weeks! smile

AndIfATenTonTruck Thu 01-Nov-12 09:51:23

Hi all. I was on this thread earlier under a different name... End of ERTD today, definitely getting copper coil taken out later today or tomorrow morning, lots of shagging ahead...

Last two cycles have been weird (this one was very short, previous one was so unusually long that I went to get checked if coil was still there!) but otherwise have been really regular and have had strong pant snot right in the middle (but I haven't kept note of what day it usually appears).

Ps also a Muse fan. grin

Bearface Thu 01-Nov-12 10:40:03

Argghh - really annoying - I keep getting logged out for no apparent reason this morning! Second time I've typed this.

Welcome Ding and TenTon! A very friendly Fred here. smile

Red - glad you are okay and hope your power is restored soon.

33 - sounds promising! How exciting! Good luck.

Rock - sorry about the ERTD but hopefully next cycle will be the one for you.

I am not sure if I am OV or not. Had lots of whitish-looking PS yesterday, but because of super-long ERTD I have no idea what is meant to be happening when. I haven't used OPKs before either so I don't know when it usually happens. I'm also not very confident with the whole PS thing, so I just have to go for it every other day - yay! Managed a quickie before bed last night, so pleased and DH was very happy too! wink

Bearface Thu 01-Nov-12 10:40:42

P.S. did anyone listen to Muse in concert last night? Was it any good?

frogchops Thu 01-Nov-12 11:21:59

When you get the cramping in one side (the mittlesch something) does anyone know if that's too late for jsing?? Also, if I Dtd this morning....will there be swimmers available if I Dtd tonight too? Stupid question I know. Blush. Xx

MrsBri Thu 01-Nov-12 12:40:08

I watched it Bearface...good but short :-) I'm seeing them in Manchester tonight though!

And the pain can come before, during and after OV, frog, so just get shagging. And there will be some, just not as many.

OhGood Thu 01-Nov-12 12:51:48

<delurks> to say frog apparently when you get Mittelschmerz it might be to early, too late, or just right. You can't trust it as a guide. BUT I dtd like crazy this month when I had mittelschmerz and got a BFP, so totally worth a try.

Very lucky for me actually as apparently I ovulate very very early in my cycle, and would never have known without searing ovulation pain mittelschmerz.

Good luck all.

Hooya Thu 01-Nov-12 12:56:18

Welcome ding <waves> and happy shagging! And welcome back Truck

Ooh too much going on around here, I can't keep up! Sorry Rock for ERTD.

Glad you are ok red

Also glad you got some action frog grin

Kitten I am sadly no muse fan either, do I get binned off the Fred? hopefully I shag enough to make up for it

JSing is getting out of hand in our household. Sorry if this is annoying to those of you who have the opposite problem, but DP is insatiable! Between that and constantly wanting me to PIAR, I think he just really really wants a baybee... Night off tonight though as I have a 10pm conference call angry

frogchops Thu 01-Nov-12 13:14:36

I'm glad about the action too hooya!! Woo!
Tmi I know but I text to tell DP about shaky leg syndrome (something he knows I get after Dtd!!) blush.... And I suggested I get another leg to match!! Too pushy?? We really need to b Dtd like crazy at the mo but I want to tread carefully

Morien Thu 01-Nov-12 13:44:42

I don't think that's too pushy at all, frog - after all, you're only suggesting something that's completely normal and natural (or should be). I think it's just very hard to take the initiative if you're not used to it, so you're bound to wonder how far you can go for a while. Good luck - I feel for you.

This thread is not accepting new messages.