Just Shagging - The lazy TTCers heaven, this is Shaggers Corner, Part 11

(1000 Posts)
Kittenkatzen Fri 31-Aug-12 11:32:56

(sorry I know that's awful but seriously, can you think of anything else that rhymes with "eleven"?!)

Ladies, leave your OPKs at the door, and settle in for part 11 of JSing!

Fred rules;

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share wine and [tea] with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.
Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.
Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce envy in other posters).
Viroid = This is you, dear poster. The reason for this is a closely guarded secret, known only to....er....well, nobody as far as we can tell!
POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit).
Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.
Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

The link to Part 10 is here.

The link to the latest grads thread is here.

So don those shag capes, we have standards to maintain - Part 10 saw an amazing 9 BFPs, including one set of twins! So - what are you still doing here? GET SHAGGING!!

grin

We have to use lube or I get a UTI <tres sexy> so we've bought sperm friendly ones as the one we normally use has no info about if it's fertility friendly or not.
shock that spit kills sperm, I thought it would be ok because of all the good stuff sperm contains (the zinc, vit c etc).

Hooya, I'm going to do a pre-ertd due date test on the weekend, jus cos I can grin

Will update the list in a bit.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday (if there is such a thing?) no JS for us, DH is working long hours tonight, sob!

swimmingnotdrowning Mon 03-Sep-12 17:15:55

Thanks, horse.

I'm happy to go on the list (live up north) but not with details that I haven't even shared with my bf!!!

And apparently the researchers who did the studies on what kills sperm were surprised about the saliva too!

swimmingnotdrowning Mon 03-Sep-12 17:17:14

Ps Just passed an advert poster that says "ooya" - thought of you hooya!

swimmingnotdrowning Mon 03-Sep-12 17:21:05
toffeesam Mon 03-Sep-12 17:21:48

ordinary lube stops 'em swimming so well, and spit has a digestive quality, it breaks down the cells of the sperm by starting to digest them. Spit also contains a lot of bacteria. blush as long as DH/DP isn't leaving loads up there, then it wont be too bad, the carnage may be minimal. i think it is only if there is a low sperm count involved it becomes an issue. but as we all know CM kills 'em for most of the month shock
how do i know this? blush

Saying all this it hasn't stopped me getting up the duff grin

Name: Kittenkatzen
DC: None
TTC: Since May '12

Name: AWomanCalledHorse
DC: DS (8months)
TTC: 8 months

Name: Hooya
TTC: 2 months

Name: Toffeesam
DC: none
TTC: 10 months

Name: 33PinkLadyApple
Location: Essex (I don't look, sound or act anything like a TOWIE bird tho!)
TTC: 1 month

Name: AndieMatrix
DC: 2 (DS 3, DD 23mths) and 2 DSSs (3 & 17m)

Name: SuffolkNWhat
DC: DD 2.11

Name:Grannyapple
DC: DS (18 months)

Name: Notsoold
DC: DD(18yo), DS(13yo)
TTC:1 month

Name: hopeful92
TTC: 3 months

Name: LadyJeanHearneTuddles
TTC: 1 day

Name: swmmingnotdrowing

swimming, that link...olive oil?!
I have never considered having olive oil anywhere near my sexy time.

toffee, think we've found your mastermind subject wink

LadyJeanHearneTuddles Mon 03-Sep-12 17:43:15

Um, I hate to ask but what is CM?blush

So, basically, in a test tube it did one thing, but they can't say how this would or wouldn't be recreated in a TTC environment? Interesting!

I'm still not sure the quantity of saliva and its, ummm, positioning, should have too much of an effect when sperm is shot away from it at high speed!

And I'm short of olive oil at the moment, so I'll stick to something else, ha ha! :-/

And CM is cervical mucus. Glad you asked?!

FrustratedSycamorePants Mon 03-Sep-12 18:21:42

Hi swimming glad you found us. I'm staying off the list too

I go to work and what happens? There's a lube/saliva/sperm discussion. I miss all the good stuff

LadyJeanHearneTuddles Mon 03-Sep-12 18:22:39

Uh, lovely. But yes I guess it's going to something I need to know.

I will may have some more of these silly questions as I literally know nothing

Lolcbcblemonlime Mon 03-Sep-12 18:52:40

Frustrated and swimming you have missed a most educational discussion! Worth a read if feeling down and looking for fun!
Well I bought conceive plus. Then felt guilty for misleading my man and went out and got a Brazilian grin
Now look sexy for my man!

FrustratedSycamorePants Mon 03-Sep-12 19:00:31

Yeah but you're still conning um misleading .... Pah, if it works it works. grin
Won't he know somethings up if you come home sporting Brazilian and ahem more turned on than normal? yeah right he's a bloke
grin

Now that is a thought, Frustrated!

I am not sporting a Brazilian. I will be trying to stealthily use CP later though :-)

pocopearl Mon 03-Sep-12 19:30:44

Name: Kittenkatzen
TTC: Since May '12

Name: AWomanCalledHorse
DC: DS (8months)
TTC: 8 months

Name: Hooya

Name: Toffeesam
TTC: 10 months

Name: 33PinkLadyApple
Location: Essex (I don't look, sound or act anything like a TOWIE bird tho!)

Name: AndieMatrix
DC: 2 (DS 3, DD 23mths) and 2 DSSs (3 & 17m)

Name: SuffolkNWhat
DC: DD 2.11

Name: Pocopearl
TTC: March 2012

FrustratedSycamorePants Mon 03-Sep-12 19:41:43

I shall be checking back tomorrow to see whether nickis stealth or lolcbcbs Brazilian work

notsoold Mon 03-Sep-12 21:29:47

Please what is fred??
I know really of topic so here I go.
Day 2 on my ertd ....came running downstairs to say buy to my oldie hubba and as I stood waiting for my kiss , TMI blood started to run down my legs and socks and I got myself in a puddle of blood! That was so weird ....
So I had a shower, and everything was back to normal...does it qualify as wtf cycle???
Olive oil??? I use it to chicken basting....ewwww put me off my cooking.
I also bought preseed ( as a lube) but have not used it yet...

Hooya Mon 03-Sep-12 23:53:13

Morning all! Brilliant checking in to find such an active lube discussion more words I thought I would never type

How did the stealth lube use go lol and nicki?

Horse damn my stupid rule and stubbornness please PIAR immediately so I can enjoy the tension vicariously!

notso do you mean ERTD was only 2 days? That is deffo wtf, for me! And Fred = thread, as in this lovely place smile

Hi Hooya

I think I can do stealth by using very little. Seemed to get a nice level of lube. But he was too tired. Really pissed off as I'm exhausted too, but I know that sex = baby. He is clearly hoping for a sodding miracle conception.

notsoold Tue 04-Sep-12 03:48:59

Morning Hooya!!!
I am still on day 2 ....some more days to come. Was just the amount of blood.....
How are you???
Nicki....maybe we could have a sub thread about the miracle conception needed for tired/overworked/stressed/ busy with the telly etc OH.....

AndieMatrix Tue 04-Sep-12 07:30:32

Morning ladies. I caved to the overwhelming need to POAS last night after feeling like I was going to vom everytime I got in DPs car yesterday. BFN sad
Ah well, more practising to be done then. grin I did see a psychic last night who told me I'll be pupped up by Christmas. She also channeled my dead ex husband who had nothing to say I wanted to hear (much like in life!)
Anyway, happy Tuesday.

livismum Tue 04-Sep-12 07:41:13

Ears pricked at "miracle conception" DH works permanent night shifts so aside from putting the pressure on weekends I have to sneak in to bed with him after the school run and rouse a half asleep giant wink no wonder DD2 took a year to conceive!

Sephy Tue 04-Sep-12 08:09:15

Interesting stuff on the lube discussion, i had no idea. I don't believe it can have that much of an effect though, I think we'd have all heard of it if saliva was a brilliant contraceptive!

Sorry to hear you didn't get to try out the cp nicki, did you have a go lol?

More pressure encouragement for horse, we want the PIAR!

Notso that does sound annoying, hope you're ok and things back to normal now.

Weird, isn't it? I never thought it'd be so hard to get laid!

Once we're married I'll sit him down and tell him the hard biological facts and see if he improves! Only 5.5 weeks to go!

notsoold Tue 04-Sep-12 11:37:06

sorry andie re BFN sad

Gosh it would be great if instead of IUDs , contraceptive pills etc a little bit of saliva would do.... smile

horse I am jumping in and begging for the PIAR. smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.