TTC or pregnancy on prednisolone or similar part 9

(999 Posts)
sarahs999 Fri 31-Aug-12 06:24:33
Lawlee Sun 20-Jan-13 15:07:07

Thanks mollie I already feel so much better for reading this thread! Yes I will try temping again I think, I sometimes find it goes up and down a bit because I'm a bit of an insomniac (and haven't even started the pred yet!) but it's worth a bit of perseverance I think.

I'm not sure if it makes anyone feel any better but I'm a poas addict too, tested today "just in case" I ovulated really early, but probably haven't even ovulated at all yet this month lol!

rose and mollie its so nice to have others in the early stages like me so we can go through it all together. I'm still spotting pink blood but it only seems to be first thing in the morning and only when I wipe then its gone. however I did have a bit last night.
I'm too scared to keep poas incase its really faint or the weeks haven't moved along on a digi. I'm too scared to have sex as well! my poor dh we haven't been married long.
I think I've felt a tiny bit of nausea a couple of times today. maybe its wishful thinking though.
welcome lawlee

mollieboo Sun 20-Jan-13 16:26:36

lawlee I was pretty crap at taking my temp as it is difficult if you wake up at different times every day so I know what you mean.

cartoon the spotting must be doing your head in, I hope it stops soon but hopefully some of the other girls have reassured you that it doesn't mean anything bad.

duggs1976 Sun 20-Jan-13 17:25:44

Not caught up on thread but spotting started today and pg test says not pregnant - I kind of knew so at least was early !hmm

I'm sorry to hear that duggs

mollieboo Sun 20-Jan-13 17:49:36

duggs I'm so sorry to hear that. Its still a total headf*ck even when you don't know for long.

roseandroli Sun 20-Jan-13 17:57:17

Oh duggs I'm so sorry...

Welcome to the thread lawlee. I only joined a few weeks ago but it has been such a relief to know I'm not alone. Everyone is so nice and supportive. Free I can't thank you enough for setting up the thread.

Lawlee Sun 20-Jan-13 19:02:42

Thanks for all the lovely welcomes everyone, I already feel like one of the gang smile

Duggs I'm so sorry to hear that, it's so sucky and I just wanted to say I was thinking of you.

suemays Sun 20-Jan-13 23:30:01

Duggs I was so over the moon to see you had finally got your BFP. I feel like we are kindred spirits as keep getting off the starting line only to find ourselves back there time and time again. I can't believe this one has ended in a chemical. It makes it worse in a way when you do get pregnant and then lose it as all your hopes are dashed too quickly. I just wish things could change for you along with everyone else on here who is TTC. At least as it was so early you can try again as soon as you are ready and wont need to wait.

Ari my eczema has got worse but my acupuncturist told me thats a good sign that my NK levels are low so I dont mind. Apparently there is new research that pregnancy hormones can help ladies with MS and eczema as it raises the killer cells so they are giving them drugs that mimic it.

Hi Lawlee and thanks for thinking of me.

Hope all the preg ladies are taking care in the snow - I know I wouldnt be taking any chances!

I am currently on the 2ww but am 99% sure that I have either missed ovulation or it hasn't happened this month. Dreading taking the steroids tomorrow as I really dont want the moonface to come back plus the insomnia, thinning hair and palpatations!

Hello to all the other newbies.

mercator Mon 21-Jan-13 07:31:29

duggs so sorry to hear your news.

sue good to hear from you and hope you're holding up. Fc you can get another BFP soon. Interestingly the pred was a miracle for me with the eczema so if nothing else think of the pred helping that in addition to helping with s future pregnancy. My eczema sadly back with a vengeance but did suffer in the latter stages of last pg. first one brought it on. Possibly made worse due to the cold weather and central hearing. Interesting research on connection with NK's.

cartoon hope the spotting eases soon.

Congrats on all the other ladies with bpf's and welcome to the newbies.

Anyone updated the list as can't remember who's due next?

Stogan Mon 21-Jan-13 09:00:11

Just been catching up on the thread as haven't been on for a week and was so chuffed for you duggs, I'm so sorry hunny hmm thanks. X

I'm about to ring cheryl as mr s said I'd get my new NK results last Friday but no phone call and my mother is coming to look after pred baby today so I don't want her to pick up the phone if cheryl calls as I don't want anyone to know we plan to try again, tooooo much pressure last time !!

Big snow melting warm hugs to everyone else xxxgrin

Arianrhod Mon 21-Jan-13 09:20:14

duggs Oh bugger it, I'm sorry. I know you may have been expecting it (don't we all, by now, those of us who've been here long-term?) but it's still horrid. Are you still thinking about IVF again?

sue That's interesting - I was told that eczema (and in my case, psoriasis) flares up when NK cells are higher, thus attacking things they shouldn't be? Certainly I only developed small patches of psoriasis on my knees right after DD was born (they've never gone) and that would seem to tie in with when the whole NK cell problem started. Hope your acupuncturist is right thought!

Welcome to lawlee, pull up a chair near the fire and help yourself to chocolate biscuits and cocoa.

stogan Did you get your results? Understand about not wanting others to know you're TTCing again. We've stopped mentioning anything to anyone, people assume we've stopped trying due to miscarriages and my age. Well I suppose OH has stopped trying, if he ever was, since he hasn't said anything about it for ages, not even asked why I've not been back to see Mr S or taken SO drugs.

I'm also just on the 2ww, not taking steroids though (started taking Wobenzym now so hopefully that will do the job instead of the steroids), and know what you mean sue about the feeling it's not happened this month. How are you tracking OV, what makes you think you haven't OVd this month? I've discovered the absolute certainty of ovulation for me seems to have been because of the agnus castus I was taking as since stopping it I haven't felt ovulation at all. Taking it again now!

/waves to everyone, hope your snowmen are standing tall and proud this morning! smile

Lawlee Mon 21-Jan-13 11:06:17

Ari thanks I do love a biscuit or two (drags over a chair and starts munching)! Just to chime in on the eczema front, I've had a little patch of it suddenly start coming and going on my face since first mmc in July and never really had it before although not sure if that is connected at all.
Don't think I'm actually going to ovulate this month either Sue and Ari, first time the ov kits have not shown me a positive, but I guess maybe the hormones are still a bit all over the place since November. It's frustrating though because you're never quite sure if it's delayed, not happening at all, or just missed it somehow. Having said that not sure if I'm more nervous or excited about starting the roids next month!
Ooh good luck with your results Stogan hope you managed to get through to someone.
Hi to everyone else, and sorry if I missed anyone, am on my phone. X

sarahs999 Mon 21-Jan-13 11:41:31

So sorry Duggs.

Havingkittens Mon 21-Jan-13 12:36:32

Shit duggs, I'm so sorry. That stinks! I was so hoping your luck was changing.

Interesting, what you said about MS and Eczema Sue. There was also a research project a few years ago which involved NK Cell donation for Leukemia sufferers. I know of a girl who took part in the first ever trial with her Mum and although her Mum is sadly no longer alive it did give her quite a good reprieve. The trial is now closed but I'd like to find out if there are other trials like this once I've had the baby and decided for sure not to try for a second (doubtful, but OH would probably like to). It would be nice to do something positive with this excess of NK Cells to balance out all the negative effects they have caused.

Stogan Mon 21-Jan-13 19:01:08

No results hmm called left message, no call back shock sent email, no email backconfused
I'm off to choir to sing out my frustration !! grin

Lawlee Tue 22-Jan-13 08:53:22

Oh no Stogan how frustrating for you, hope they get themselves in gear and call you back today! Got my fingers crossed for you.

stogen any answers yet?
so erm what is everyone preferred route of entry with the cyclogest. I can't get on with it either way!

Arianrhod Tue 22-Jan-13 16:11:34

Tradesman's entrance for me cartoon, since I know that it can cause irritation/occasionally slight bleeding when used in the visitor's entrance. Not for everyone though, so I guess it's what works best for you. Neither of them are what you'd call pleasant, either way!

tmi coming here. its causing bleeding of the tradesmans atm! but I guess at least I know where its coming from and what's causing. perhaps ill switch for a couple of days to have a break.

roseandroli Tue 22-Jan-13 18:11:05

cartoon the same thing happened to me! Made me constipated, and bleeding for the first week I used it. Have been using the visitor's ever since.

stogan hope you get your results soon.

Anyone waiting for an early scan? I promised DH I wouldn't have another one till 10 weeks (now 8+2) and feeling terribly antsy. I keep looking down at my belly and thinking, "is there anything in there?" as both mcs were missed mcs for me.

rose i keep thinking the same! I'm 6wks now my scan is in a week. Louise talked me out of an earlier one but this wait is so frustrating. every day feels like a life time.
how ill cope from 7 to 12weeks (if I get that far) I don't know!
when was your last scan?

Lawlee Wed 23-Jan-13 07:31:04

Arrgh this is soo confusing! Spotting last night, and a bit more than that this morning cd 22. I think this is AF but over a full week early! Not had a positive opk kit this month either and BFN this morning for good measure (just as well as haven't taken any pred yet because of the neg opk's!). Don't know what's going on! I have never had a cycle as short as 21 days before, I'm usually 28-30. Why now just as I'm about to start the medication! confused

GreenOlives Wed 23-Jan-13 07:46:18

Hello all! This thread had dropped off my "thread im on" blush
Im really pleased to read of all the new bfps thanks and I hope it won't be long before some of the long termers get some good luck too! Really great to read that 2nd pred babies are being planned to! grin
35+3 here and all seems well. Im starting to get very anxious about labour as it was fairly horrendous last time but what will be will be - just a healthy baby and a relatively unscathed me will do! grin
Lots of love and luck to all.
Olives xx

Arianrhod Wed 23-Jan-13 10:31:07

olives Great to hear from you, and so pleased that you're soon to meet your LO. I've only had the one baby so I'm not speaking from experience (although I do empathise on the horrendous first birth, as so was mine!), but those of my antenatal friends from the first time around who've had second babies (oh, wait, that's all of them sad ) have said the second birth was way, way easier. And faster too, so make sure you get to the hospital (if that's where you're going) early enough!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now