TTC or pregnancy on prednisolone or similar part 9

(999 Posts)
sarahs999 Fri 31-Aug-12 06:24:33
freelancegirl Sat 01-Sep-12 15:12:17

Bookmarking too. But thanks Sarah for creating the new thread and how wonderful to hear all this good scan news! It's great that the gap that was there between the bfps and the ttcs is well and truly filling. And big welcome to Rainbows!

batteryhen Sun 02-Sep-12 03:16:43

Hello! Sorry I have been so crap at keeping up. The days seem to fly by but I have been reading and lurking!
Firstly I want to say to kittens. YAY! I am thrilled for you!! It's about time you had some luck!!
buster I was on aspirin until 34 weeks and am still on the clexane until DS is 6 weeks old . I have to now inject above the tummy button because of the Cs scar and am bruising all over again!!

It's 3am and am feeding DS. He is such a good boy and is on 3hrly feeds which is knackering. He has a very good internal body clock!

These first weeks are flying. I can't believe how much life has changed, nothing quite prepares you for the shock of a newborn but I am loving it especially as I learn more about him and my confidence grows. It's 3 weeks now and I still feel like I have been kicked by a horse in the tummy but am getting better all the time.

Sorry for lack of personals, am typing one handed on iPhone ! Xx

lemonsherbet Sun 02-Sep-12 07:54:13

bookmarking

freelancegirl Sun 02-Sep-12 09:35:59

Am with you battery, on all the above - it's knackering and wonderful all at the same time. And time flies! I have so much to do and none of it is getting done. It doesn't matter I guess, practicalities can wait. 6 weeks after the CS (actually it will be 7 weeks on Tuesday) and physically I am feeling fine. Just get the odd twinge every now and then but this week am going to try to start exercising again of sorts. Pregnancy really weakens the body and I need to lose some of these pregnancy pounds! Probably a few Pred pounds in there too.

Abney Sun 02-Sep-12 18:21:45

Dear all, I finally got my my BFP yesterday 12 DPO. I couldn't believe it. I was jumping up and down with my DS. Not that he knew why we was jumping up and down. 6 months of SO which was a failure for me and then trying naturally for the first time since last miscarriage and success at last. I know there is a long way to go and after only being successful once in 11 attempts it is going to take another miracle for this one also to be a success. For those still ttc nearly all 11 were conceived in the morning and it could be a pure coincidence but I followed Havingkittens advice re the Evening Primrose and Starflower. In regards to the waterfall that the little swimmers need to swim up I really did notice the difference after only taking it for a few days. It could also be that perhaps due to the absence of fertility drugs it made a difference but if I put my money on it then it would be the Primrose and Starflower. Havingkittens if it was down to this thank heavens for the tip. I have already decided I don't want any scans till the 2nd set of intralipids if I get there as I find it too terrifying. I will also go back to wearing black knickers as I don't want to look or keep examining everything. Anyway good luck for all those still trying and all those waiting for scans.

Sarah great news on the nuchal result. Jemma great news on the scan. Good Luck Havingkittens in Tueday. Keeping everything crossed for you.

Can anyone help on the intralipids ie if I e mail Cheryl now and say that I need them when is it likely they will do them. Is tomorrow a possibility or is it most likely to be Tuesday.

Jemimapuddleduk Sun 02-Sep-12 18:31:53

abney congratulations on your bfp today! What lovely news. I have everything crossed for you. X

Buster76 Sun 02-Sep-12 19:09:42

Hello!!
Thanks battery will maybe have a chat with Mr S when I see him for my next scan. I have factor V like you but on my treatment plan it says clexane till 12 weeks and aspirin till 20 weeks confused
Nice to hear from you battery and free - good to hear the boys are keeping you busy.
My hair kittens looks terrible!!
Congratulations abney - I would think you should be able to get the lipids tomorrow. Especially if you live close enough to get there.
I had a bit of a wobble today, feeling tired and scared!! Had some discharge (sorry tmi - I hate the word discharge!) today. It looked like it was the pessary but more creamy/beige!! Anyone else had this? Inspected it for a while - didnt look like blood but definately not white! hmm
Ive been trying to alternate between front and back blush but my bum is getting sore!! Oh dear, things we have to do!!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.

xxxx D

Abney Sun 02-Sep-12 19:30:46

Hi Buster thanks for the info. I do live near. I think I will go to work but be prepared to drop everything and get a train from London to Epsom. It should only take an hour to get there. Re those pessaries they are a nightmare. I found half of one came out one day and I thought it was something else until I remembered. Everything is frightening so try not to worry. The best thing to do is not look. I got out the shower and saw browny water on the floor and then after studying it on my hands and knees I realised it was tea bag juice grin

batteryhen Sun 02-Sep-12 20:22:20

Buster, I think I am taking the meds for longer as I also tested positive for the TEG test at St marys x
Abney- brilliant news!! Xxx

sarahs999 Sun 02-Sep-12 21:33:24

lovely news Abney, congrats

Havingkittens Sun 02-Sep-12 22:52:41

Thank you battery. Great to hear you're getting into a nice routine and enjoying your lovely boy.

Great news abney. Have answered your post more fully on the SO thread.

I am now having visions of a bunch of us sitting in the NLC waiting room all hooked up to drips with crazy frizzed out hair!

abney, your comment about the teabag water is so funny but strikes such a chord at the same time. Bit like me last week with the beetroot wee! Excuse the TMI on behalf of my poor old OH but he has rather bad piles at the moment and every time he comes out of the loo he says to me "If you see blood in the loo, don't panic, it's not yours."

The ups and downs of mentalling are ridiculous aren't they? Yesterday I was like an eating machine, I couldn't stop. From first thing until about 1am when I got home from a party (where, once again, nobody mentioned my not drinking - but I had decided to drive anyway). I also had a massive tired slump and a big snooze in the afternoon. So, all looking good. Today I haven't been tired at all, and my only symptom has been constipation so now I'm anxious again. Daft huh?

I'm also slightly nervous because, I think I mentioned this a while back, but my next door neighbour, who is a couple of years younger than me, has just got married and we suspected she was TTC. I spotted her drinking Becks Blue at our street BBQ today and combined with a couple of other little things that I picked up on I'm pretty sure she's pregnant. Probably a similar stage to me. So now I'm thinking "Shit, what if it goes wrong again for me and I have to watch her going through all the stages I should've been". When really I should be thinking "Oh, how lovely. We'll both have babies at the same time."

Well, I guess I only have to wait until Tuesday morning to see what's what.

MegMum25 Mon 03-Sep-12 06:29:14

Hi all. To kittens glad to see your symptoms are still bothering you,
Crossing everything for you next week
- keep
On plugging. Also congrats to
Puddle duck. I so remember the feeling of being cast out of the arms
Of the private system to Nhs care. It's a rude awakening and a long wait between 12 and 20 weeks. I couldn't handle it and both times had a private scan in between due to mentalness! I've never thought about the hair but pred has ruined mine! It's frizzy all the time. My moon face is calming down at long last & I'm less angry and trying to look fwd and hope my unfussy womb (Grrrr) picks a good
One for next time
X

Jemimapuddleduk Mon 03-Sep-12 07:19:48

buster, try not to worry with the pred fall out (easier said than done!). I was instructed to use the rear as its known to irritate some people's cervixs. For what it's worth it has really irritated my bowels, often causing bleeding and mucus (sorry for early morning grossness), eek. The fertility nurse seemed v unconcerned when I mentioned it though.
Sorry this is a quick one, just dashing off to work x

GreenOlives Mon 03-Sep-12 08:39:03

Just a quickie to say congratulations to Abney - fabulous news! smile Hope you get the lipids sorted today.

Arianrhod Mon 03-Sep-12 10:30:37

And another very quickie from Crete over a rubbish network to say a massive congrats to abney, I'm so pleased for you smile

Chasinrainbows Mon 03-Sep-12 12:19:29

my faint bfp must have been an evap . A turned up in full force yesterday. Back on the letrozole sad xx

mollieboo Mon 03-Sep-12 18:27:37

abney huge congrats on your bfp.

chasinrainbows hope you're ok, you're probably feeling v peed off after getting your hopes up. Im ttc too so hoping next time is lucky for all of us ttc at the moment.

Hi to everyone else.

Abney Mon 03-Sep-12 18:37:55

Just a quickie to say thanks for all of your kind words. It really does help knowing people are routing for you. i haven't told my brothers and sisters yet as i hate telling them I am PG and then telling them I'm not so it is nice to confide in you all. I have fallen out with my mum who is a bit nutty but to try and upset me she said to me a couple of weeks ago that she had come to all my scans and seen dead foetuses. i had this ringing in my ears for days. It would be really nice if this was a success for many reasons this being one of them. As you can imagine i won't be inviting her to anymore scans.

BellyD Mon 03-Sep-12 22:55:36

chasinrainbows welcome, and so sorry that AF has turned up. sad

Abney great news on your bfp. Wonderful news. Did you manage to get your intralipids today?

Buster76 Tue 04-Sep-12 10:32:15

lurking for news from kittens xx

Havingkittens Tue 04-Sep-12 11:31:19

Scan was good. Strong heartbeat and measuring 8+3 as expected. Now sitting here having my intralipids. Phew!

freelancegirl Tue 04-Sep-12 11:45:36

Woo! Great news kittens! Enjoy the infusion. Really pleased for you too Abney. Just a quickie from me as at docs for six week check (albeit at 7 weeks)

batteryhen Tue 04-Sep-12 12:02:12

Hooray kittens! Have been lurking for your news xx

Buster76 Tue 04-Sep-12 12:08:28

Nice one kittens grin

Enjoy the lipids wink

xxxx

PQ77 Tue 04-Sep-12 13:29:05

Yay kittens !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now