Those Coming Along For The Ride (TTC#2) - We're Over Here!

(301 Posts)
EddieIzzardIsMine Thu 16-Aug-12 09:53:59

Thought I'd start a new thread as we got to 1000!

Hope people find it and sign in!

PurpleDana Sat 10-Nov-12 09:37:44

No symptoms magoo, just the boob thing but thing I'm clutching at straws. Af due sun/mon so not long to wait now, but not optimistic. I have a stinking cold and been downing the paracetamol and night nurse so wouldn't make the healthiest pregnancy anyway!
But will keep u posted. Good luck to the rest of u x

magoosmom Mon 12-Nov-12 11:51:49

trying desperately not to turn every ache into a pregnancy symptom, by this stage CD 25 of my two pregnanies I had a back ache but none so far today sad not saying anything to DH about twinges etc cos I don't want to get his hopes up unnecessarily. Won't be testing til the weekend so I need to put it out of my mind, much easier said than done!
How's everyone?

PurpleDana Tue 13-Nov-12 15:13:52

Cd29 and nothing yet... hmm

This one dropped off my active convos.
Had a miscarriage at the end of Oct so back here trying again!!

fx for everyone awaiting a bfp!

PurpleDana Tue 13-Nov-12 18:20:53

Scrap that. Af has arrived :-(

magoosmom Tue 13-Nov-12 20:37:07

purple how disappointing sad

horse Im sorry to hear that, hope you're ok? Ive heard that women are very fertile after a miscarriage so FX for next month!

was feeling queasy all day and then DH texted me to say he felt sick all day too ! and there I was convincing myself I was pregnant! Have been very thirsty the past two days tho mmmmm the futile guessing continues...

littlestgirlguide Wed 14-Nov-12 09:53:21

So my day 21 result has come back as 13, definitely not ovulating, despite normal-looking cycle the last 2 months, dominant follicle on scan 2 weeks ago, Ewcm, everything.
Feeling pretty low today and in need of a hug, but in RL only DH knows and he's 400 miles away with work.
Anyone got any virtual cake? Slimming world have banned the real stuff.

((hug)) & <virtual cake> for littlest, that's utter shite.
I'm really sorry, where do the doctors/you want to go from here?

wine for Dana.

When are you testing magoo? Hope all the symptoms are right & DH is just having a phantom pg grin

We're having lots & lots of sex here (hoping I am really fertile now), it took almost 12 months of 'not trying, not trying not to' to get pg with DS & 10 months for the MC, hoping this means we'll have #2 & then I'll get pg with #3 a week or so after giving birth, or twins. Anything other than me just being crap at getting pregnant quickly!

magoosmom Wed 14-Nov-12 21:56:06

((((((hugs))))) littlest I think you could give Slimmimg World a miss for one night and have cake?! you definately deserve some.

horse FX crossed for twins for you this month grin

Testing on Sunday cos AF due Sat but don't want to test early. Have a few symptoms but had loads last month too so Im not pinning any hopes on any of them, time will tell. To be honest if it took me another few months I wouldn't mind, DS slept the night for the first time last night (had to let him cry it out cos we'd reached desperation point) and he's 14months old so we're pretty exhausted after a full year of crap/no sleep.

PurpleDana Wed 14-Nov-12 22:16:46

Thanks for the wine horse
Cake all round??
I feel terrible cos I was a bit off with my hubby last night - I know he is upset too that I'm not pg this month, but I just felt so annoyed that he didn't act upset. I know he felt he should not show it cos it might make feel even worse, but I just felt he's so quick to show me hes upset any other time but he can't now?? But I know that's unfair of me. He's just trying to look after me, I blame myself for not getting pregnant after 2yrs of unsuccessfully trying with my ex

magoosmom Thu 15-Nov-12 10:58:51

((((((*purple*)))))) hope you're feeling a bit better today?

Good luck magoo, we've been ttc since I got my af back in feb so have been hoping for a smaller gap, however the idea of being pregnant & due to give birth any day now makes me thankful it's taking awhile.
DS was a rubbish sleeper until we started controlled crying (I know it's a swear word on MN), now it's amazing, I put him down at 7pm, he goes to sleep without crying at 7.10 & sleeps through until 6am...used to take 2-3 hours to get him to sleep everynight so you have my sympathies, well done to your DS sleeping through!!

((*Dana*)), hope you're feeling better today. My DH is a bit like that, he's trying not to get too emotional about it as he doesn't want me to feel pressured, please don't blame yourself. x

magoosmom Thu 15-Nov-12 13:12:51

horse we thought we wanted about 18months between children, Ive a sister 17months younger than me and we always got on great. I was supposed to get my wisdom teeth out in May and we thought we'd try after that but the operation was postponed til june so July was the earliest we could start but we were so wrecked from lack of sleep in July that I couldn't even comtemplate it.So we left it til Sept, if hadn't miscarried in Sept Id be 12 weeks now, tbh don't know if I wouldnt have managed the last few weeks as DS woke every 30mins last week hence letting him CIO this week. Ive had two full nights sleep (last night and the night before!) and I feel so great now smile. Ive decided everything happens for a reason. A friend of mine started TTC when her DS was 1, it took them awhile to concieve so there's 2.5 yrs between them and she's delighted - DS1 could feed and dress himself, could talk and was toilet trained by the time DS2 came.

PurpleDana Thu 15-Nov-12 19:03:50

Thanks magoo and horse ((hugs))
I feel a bit better today, just try to not think of it as a loss.
We said when we started that we would go until Xmas and then go back to docs. With my history doc said she only wants me to go 6 months without medical help. Will start with progesterone tests, already have the slips lol

magoosmom Fri 16-Nov-12 10:24:09

purple my friend took progesterone with great sucess. Hope you're having a good day today, as I said to DH if Im not pregnant by Xmas at least I'll be enjoy to enjoy the festivites grin.

Af due tomorrow, will test on Sunday if it hasn't arrived by then.

magoosmom Sat 17-Nov-12 11:26:38

Af due today, no sign of it, have a list of pregnancy symptoms as long as my arm, am going to POAS tonight! FX

PurpleDana Sat 17-Nov-12 19:53:06

Ooh fingers crossed for u magoo :-)

littlestgirlguide Sat 17-Nov-12 20:49:42

Magoosmum, when you said your friend took progesterone - do you mean there are tablets or something available, because this is what my tests show me to be so low in that I am not ovulating :-(
Where can I get some from?!

magoosmom Sat 17-Nov-12 21:12:24

She got in tablet form I think, I can ask her, it was on perscription, we're in Ireland but I presume you'd get it the pharmacy too. She also had to take an aspirin daily. I read on another thread that soy products are good for encouraging ovulation. Good luck.

In other news.....got my BFP grin grin grin FX I keep this one.....

shellshock7 Sat 17-Nov-12 21:24:31

Not got time for a full post, but couldn't read and not say....good luck magoo, I've got everything crossed smile

littlestgirlguide Sat 17-Nov-12 22:18:55

Ooooo! Magoosmum, that's great, congrats x

PurpleDana Sat 17-Nov-12 22:54:34

Yay magoo!!!!! So happy for u Hun. Hope all goes well.
When I was referred to consultant about fertility 5yrs ago the next step for me would have been progesterone tablets. I think they can only been prescribed by a consultant littlest

magoosmom Sun 18-Nov-12 19:30:29

Thanks everyone grin doesnt feel yet, wishing the next few weeks away.

WinterLover Mon 19-Nov-12 09:16:46

Yay congratulations grin

Getting slightly down at the min, I'm in a group for babies born Aug 2011, in that group 6 are pregnant again sad

GaryBuseysTeeth Mon 19-Nov-12 09:47:01

Congrats magoo!

((winter)), I know how you feel. My group (Dec 2011), one is pregnant & others are starting to try. We've been trying since Feb 2012 so I just 'know' I'll be the last one pregnant!
Aiming to 'get to know my body' over the next 2 cycles and workout what's what, and doing a list of all the pregnancy banned foods I'll be eating over christmas. Is there anything you can do to take your mind off it?

Hope everyone else had a good weekend?

(nc-ed, was horse).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now