IVF/ICSI/FET - any more for any more... MORE!

(253 Posts)
jumpingjackhash Mon 23-Jul-12 17:16:41

A thread for anyone going through fertility treatment, about to start or with a success story to share. Welcome one and all!

So our last IVF/ICSI/FET support, wallow, celebratory and whatever else thread got full, so let's pick up where we left off!

Carebear, great news on your EC on Sat!

I've got over my strop now blush and have re-rearranged my work schedule so all set once they confirm the date tomorrow!

<desperately hopes the thread regulars finds this>

zeebee1 Thu 11-Oct-12 16:50:40

Hi all - little catch up from me... thanks for your kind words everyone.
Everyday seems and feels a bit better but I still get jolts of pain when a friend reveals she's PG or when I realize my dear MIL has spread our fertility issues around the WHOLE extended family etc etc! anyway that's for a diffrernt thread!

So we had our lost twins analysed and it turns out there was nothing wrong with them chormasonally (sp?) so that was good to know - but also sad.

We've since had Chicago tests done at Zita West clinic via Dr Ndukwe and had the results for those - seems i'm anemic, Vit D deficient and need various things to boost my body before EC and prior to ET... also I will be on double pessaries after ET this time... we are hoping to do a fresh IVF round in january - think we will move from Guys to Zita West for this new round.

We have 3 on ice still at Guys which are all good quality blastos so that;s good, altho because of my old age we will go for fresh round as it's more hopefully of success!

Phew - so how is everyone else doing?

Raspberryjam Thu 11-Oct-12 21:36:19

Hi Zee,
So sorry you are having such a hard time . You are anything but a failure BTW . It sounds like u r being very strong by trying to find a way forward through this. Apparently majority of uk population are vit d deficient . I take 2500 international units to 3500 a day .
Look up writing by Oliver Gillie ....
Hope it starts to feel less painful soon. As for MILs.... What can I say ?X

JosieSmith1 Tue 06-Nov-12 18:35:41

Hi everyone, you probably don't remember me it's been so long since I was on!

Haven't had a proper catch up as there's way too much, but from what I can gather, ZB and Jumping I am so sorry, please both look after yourselves.

Not a lot of news from me, in my 2ww of first ICSI after failed IUI back in April. Got my test on Friday, absolutely dreading it and preparing myself for the worst. On the plus side, this was a short protocol IVF and I responded slightly better than last time in that I had 6 eggs at EC, 4 didn't fertilise so we had both remaining, low grade embryos put back. Started a new job which I'm loving, with a very synpathetic and supportive senior so that's good, and it's very busy, which takes my mind off things.

Anyway, I probably won't be back for a while so just wanted to pop in and say hi xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now