Bonkers Anonymous - A new age has begun!

(109 Posts)
myjobismum Wed 20-Jun-12 09:38:59

Hi All! As requested a new thread! I cannot believe I am doing this, after all this time grin

Good luck for all our lovely bonkers and yay for chat about our bonkers babies children!

smile

Katnisscupcake Wed 25-Jul-12 20:40:26

Hi all,

Have to go in for a scan at the epu on Friday because my blood levels have gone up slightly so they think it is ectopic.

Just wanted to update you... xx

AnastasiaGrey Wed 25-Jul-12 21:32:42

Katnisscupcake, I so hope it isn't ectopic. sad Take care. Xx

AG
X

myjobismum Wed 25-Jul-12 22:42:53

Oh no sad will be thinking of you KC :hug:

AnastasiaGrey Fri 27-Jul-12 08:03:19

Thinking of you today at your scan Katnisscupcake. X

AG
X

Katnisscupcake Tue 31-Jul-12 14:08:18

Hi all,

Sorry it's been so long since I've been in touch.

Unfortunately things have been pretty horrid here.

So after my initial blood results, the next set of levels had gone up as you know so I had to go for a scan.

Well the scan showed an empty uterus (other than some fluid/blood) so they are still nonethewiser as to whether the pregnancy was/is ectopic or not.

They called back in the afternoon with my latest blood results and finally the level had started to drop, but not majorly. So that was Friday. I'm still bleeding but such a small amount and only when I wipe. No pain and still a very strong BFP. So I wouldn't say that I'd really had an MC yet.

I am due to go back for more bloods at the EPU on Friday but I made an appointment and went to the GP today. They will call me this afternoon with the blood results. I'm praying that they are still going down. I really don't want to have a D&C because apparently it can delay getting PG again by months and I really don't have that long. I will also never know whether it was an ectopic which means that I will be panicking with every PG going forward (if I'm lucky to have one) that it might be ectopic as the risk is increased after one.

So, if the levels continue to drop, I guess I just have to wait. But this is taking an incredibly long time for a PG where I was only 5 weeks! My last MC was much quicker, over and done with and I just can't see an end to this one. I would almost be grateful for heavy bleeding and cramping, at least I'd know that was it.

I don't know how long the EPU will wait to do anything if it continues to go this slowly. I really don't want to have any medical procedure that will delay us trying again and anything surgical or medically managed (drugs) will do that. I want it over naturally, but quickly.

Anyway, I'll keep you all updated. xx

AnastasiaGrey Tue 31-Jul-12 15:02:39

Oh Katnisscupcake-how awful not knowing. sad Will check back later for news.

AG
x

ceebeegeebies Sun 05-Aug-12 15:13:41

Katniss how are things? I haven't been able to post on MN whilst on holiday due to no signal but how awful for you sad I hope you are ok?

I had a fab holiday - weather was great, spent most of the time on the beach and the boys had a whale of a time. Had a lovely meet-up with MJIM aswell and our DC (particularly Sam and N) got on really well wink

Hope everyone else is ok smile

AnastasiaGrey Tue 07-Aug-12 10:42:08

Hi all

Katnisscupcake-how are you? Hope you are taking care of yourself.

Can't remember if I said I took Matthew to the HV to test for any reason why he doesn't speak properly and she couldn't find any reason. On the waiting list to see a speech therapist but hopoefully by the time the appointment comes through he might be talking. smile

Looking forward to going away in our caravan again on Saturday to Ashbourne, Derbyshire.

PIL annoyed me last Sunday as they took the girls out and rang at 4-50pm and asked if I was doing their tea. Er yes, I was cooking it at the time. FIL then said they were already tucking into Sunday dinner there. Was furious as this seems to happen every time despite me telling them that I always do Sunday tea so we can sit down as a family.

Need to go and cut the grass, big wave to all!

AG
x

myjobismum Fri 17-Aug-12 19:29:52

Hi all! Sorry not been around, the holidays have been madly busy but really great so far!

Would like to echo what ceebee said about the fab meet - was so so lovely we had a wonderful day grin

So really just flying by and wanted to let you all know our good news - we are having a baby number 3 grin grin grin am 11weeks2days and scan today showed all is well - hugely incredibly happy grin

hope everyone is well!

corblimeymadam Fri 17-Aug-12 19:33:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

corblimeymadam Fri 17-Aug-12 19:33:56

myjobismum Fri 17-Aug-12 20:10:19

Hello Belgian! Sorry to hear about your troubles sad not nice for you! Cannot believe your DD2 is nearly 3 already! mind you, Naomi is 4 in just over a month shock

corblimeymadam Fri 17-Aug-12 20:17:00

corblimeymadam Fri 17-Aug-12 20:17:41

AnastasiaGrey Fri 17-Aug-12 20:41:34

Hi all

Wow MJIM, congratulations to you! smile Thought you were happy with your two but 3 is great. smile

BB-sorry to hear things are not so good chez BB. I'm HumphreysCorner BTW.

On hols in the caravan and AF late so bought a test and BFN sad. Ho hum! Had absolutely convinced myself this was it.

Big wave, Internet rubbish here so will go before I lose my connection!

AG
X

ceebeegeebies Sat 18-Aug-12 12:31:02

Hey everyone

MJIM congratulations (again wink)

BB so sorry to hear about your seperation sad We are always here if you need us (I am still ceebee btw!)

Am at work today - just as the sun comes out - typical!!

myjobismum Sat 18-Aug-12 17:34:02

Thanks Ladies!

Awww AG - that is tough sad so difficult when you get that disspointment! We are happy with our two lol, but we decided if we got a third it would be that extra little bonus for us as a family grin

Ceebee - thanks lol!

Belgian - lol, would much rather no3 than 233 shock lol grin

DH is still off, we have been camping all week and making the most of a family weekend before he is back at work on tuesday! smile

AnastasiaGrey Tue 21-Aug-12 15:09:07

MJIM-we are just following the if it happens it will be nice route. But I was so proud of myself for not testing early-lol!

Sophie has had a terrible fall off her bike and her face and eye is awful. Am terrified every time she gets on her bike now. She has only just learnt to ride without stabilisers.

Just a few more days in the caravan, home on Friday. Having a BBQ later so hoping it will stay dry.

Love to all.

AG
X

myjobismum Thu 23-Aug-12 09:48:56

AG - are so although not being all clinical in TTC you are actually going for it now rather than just hoping there may be a slip up? Excellent! I really hope it happens for you - well done on not testing early! Poor Sophie sad Bradley hasn't long learned either and it makes me really nervous when he gets going! Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday!

AnastasiaGrey Thu 23-Aug-12 11:27:37

Oh crikey, hoping for a slip up sounds awful, makes me sound like a terrible woman doesn't it? sad DH knew what he was doing but think we will have to stop when I turn 43 in October. sad

Off to Bolsover Castle today.

Have a good day ladies. smile

AG
X

myjobismum Thu 23-Aug-12 13:29:27

Lol, I meant a mutually consented slip up as in both willing to use a risky method <i.e withdrawal> on the understanding anything could happen - not any form of trickery!!!!!! Honestly!!

Oh I really hope you get good news soon x

AnastasiaGrey Thu 23-Aug-12 17:50:44

Lol-DH was actually a tad disappopinted when I got a BFN.

Bolsover Castle was fab, I love, love, love castles and old ruins with lots of history. Last day tomorrow then home on Saturday to grass cutting etc......boo hoo!

AG
x

myjobismum Thu 23-Aug-12 18:15:03

Sounds fab AG, glad you enjoyed your day! I hope it happens so for you and your DH grin

Willmouse Tue 28-Aug-12 16:09:47

Hello all! So glad this thread is back!

MJIM- huge congratulations! I knew you would have another baby!

Waves to everyone else!

All good here. I am currently in potty training hell with Henry - we have the weeing sorted. I will leave the rest to your imagination wink

No plans for any more here as I have more than enough on my plate. DS1 has either aspergers or high functioning autism- we are currently going through the diagnosis process. TBH it is a relief to know that there is a reason for the bizarre behaviour and we are moving forward with him all the time.

I hope the thread keeps going this time grin

myjobismum Tue 28-Aug-12 19:48:41

Willmouse - thanks! eeeek for potty training, at least you have the wees sorted, though know it still isn't much fun with the other sad As for DS1, I really hope you get a positive diagnosis and then the help you need to move forward with it! How old is he now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now