TTC Super Ovulation part 2

(1000 Posts)
suemays Thu 17-May-12 17:45:12

hey ladies,

There are a few of us who are ttc after mc's, however there will be ladies out there who are also ttc for the first time or second or third without success. If anyone is on, considering or had success on a super ovulation programme then do join us. How long did it take ? Did you try IUI with it.. ? Did you have PCOS?

Kicking this off and hoping some of you will join....

part 1 here:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1385998-TTC-Super-Ovulation

Havingkittens Mon 04-Jun-12 23:22:36

I mentioned it too. I was on 5mg Letrozole the first cycle and then upped to 7.5mg from the second cycle because there was only one follicle in the first cycle. Last cycle on Letrozole I OV'd o CD24 and AF came on CD33 I think. I so hope my cycles return back to normal! I can't afford a 33 day cycle at a time! Mind you, I think I OV'd around CD13 this cycle but i wasn't TTC as I had a hysteroscopy. Different drugs next time.

Havingkittens Fri 08-Jun-12 09:23:00

Not sure if anyone is checking this thread at the moment but just wanted ask anyone taking gonal f (*ari*?) Which CDs you take it? AF just showed up yesterday and it's so long since I filled the prescription that I can no longer remember! Tried texting Louise yesterday, but no reply. Is she away?

Arianrhod Fri 08-Jun-12 10:15:24

I'm checking kittens smile Sorry I don't take gonal-f but isn't the superov plan on Mr S's website? (pause while I go check) Yep, it is - it comes under the "Superovulation (FSH stimulation) programme" and says

<quote>
Start the FSH injections (such as Gonal-F ) in the morning of day 3 of your period. Then alternate days on day 3, 7, 9.
A further scan is arranged with Mr Shehata between day 11 and 13 to check ovulation response. Further injections or scans may sometimes be required.
</quote>

Hope that helps! Don't know if Louise is away I'm afraid, but I think from what one of the girls (bellyd?) said on the other thread that Mr S is away, so perhaps Louise is too?

eurochick Fri 08-Jun-12 10:58:07

Pinkdragon I think the first cycle I was on 2.5 and went to 5 after that and oved around day 13, but only with one egg. So he was considering upping it to 7.5 but I decided to stop.

kittens my cycles returned to normal as soon as I stopped the Letrozole.

Havingkittens Fri 08-Jun-12 12:02:08

Thanks ari can you pm me the password? Forgotten that too. Boy, am I scatty?

euro, I didn't take anything this cycle because of the hysteroscopy and my cycle was 24 days. Quite pleased as it means I can crack on with the gonal f now.

Arianrhod Fri 08-Jun-12 12:05:39

I can't claim I remembered it kittens, but I do have the original Miscarriage Centre leaflet in my bag still that Louise wrote the password on when we first saw Mr S last Sept ... what does that say about me?! grin I've PMd it to you.

cubhouse Sun 10-Jun-12 23:07:42

Hello everyone. I'm trying to find a clinic in London that will prescribe letrozole for me, I've tried clomid for 6 months with no success and went through an abandoned ivf cycle. My doctor at the private clinic told me letrozole isn't legal for fertility purposes in the UK, but I see on this thread many of you have used it! To those of you who have used it, would you be able to tell me name of the clinic you used or even better, an NHS hospital in London? I'm desperate to avoid ivf, sorry to hijack this thread

Arianrhod Mon 11-Jun-12 09:38:56

Hi cubhouse and welcome. I think we on here all see Mr Shehata, either out of the New Life Clinic in Epsom, or Harley Street (he works at both places). We have Letrozole as part of his superovulation programme. Not sure if this helps you, as I doubt he would just prescribe it without you actually being his patient?

buzzybee123 Mon 11-Jun-12 17:22:01

kittens how are you finding the Gonal F, i'm starting it this coming cycle

ari sorry to hear about your chem

cubhouse welcome

CareBear1 Mon 11-Jun-12 18:41:51

Hi all, how are you all getting on this month? I think some of you were about the same day as me? I'm day 20 today, 3 more days of pred and have to test on friday. Doing the usual driving myself mad trying not to symptom spot. Keep feeling odd twinges and sensations and then nothing. Always the same. Let me know how you're getting on.

Arianrhod Tue 12-Jun-12 10:05:06

Hi care, I'm almost up with you, due to test CD12 on Sunday. Although with absolutely no twinges, aches, pains or - well, anything! - I'm not expecting anything other than a big fat raspberry!

Havingkittens Tue 12-Jun-12 10:31:32

Ahh, I was beginning to wonder whether anyone was doing SO anymore. This thread has been so quiet!

cubhouse, ari beat me to giving you the same answer that I was going to give. Mr Shehata does prescribe Letrozole, and also Tamoxifen, but primarily he runs a miscarriage clinic so I'm not sure he just does SO treatment without being on his miscarriage plan. We may be wrong, of course, so worth checking. You can find him by Googling "The Miscarriage Clinic".

Hi Buzzybee, it's hard to know how I'm getting on with the Gonal-F. I've been feeling pretty down but I think that's just grief. I don't know whether the Gonal- F has exacerbated this or not. I felt the threat of insomnia last night but it didn't last too long. Just trouble getting to sleep and feeling a bit wired. I think that may be the Tamoxifen though as I took it last thing. I know it says on the website to take the Gonal-F in the morning but Louise said it didn't matter what time I took it as long as it was at the same time each day so I've decided to take it at 7pm as my routine is so variable. At least that way I'm pretty certain to be home. I can be up for work any time between 5.30 and 8.00am, depending on the job and often can get home late too. Fingers crossed that should be ok! Got my scan on Monday - CD12. Will probably use OPK sticks over the weekend just to keep an eye on things. I'm going to try and be like digi on this cycle and make a concerted effort on the SWI front as it's my most expensive cycle so far!

Good luck carebear. I get all sorts of twinges throughout my cycle so I've given up on trying to symptom spot! Fingers crossed yours are more meaningful than mine.

suemays Tue 12-Jun-12 10:34:40

Ladies, I didnt get any symptoms with this pregnancy so don't read too much into it if you are not feeling anything. I was that convinced I wasnt pregnant that I went out and got really drunk on a birthday night out around a week after ovulation! I seemed to get more symptoms on the chemical pregnancies.

Welcome cubhouse I am with Dr S too. I am sure he wont prescribe letrozole without seeing you as you have to have follicle scans to check that there are not too many ripe ones when using the letrozole.

Havingkittens Tue 12-Jun-12 10:43:38

cubhouse, why don't you have a look on the Fertility Friends website? I don't think it's uncommon to be given Letrozole. I'm sure there are other clinics which offer it without the immune therapy treatment for miscarriages that we are on.

Arianrhod Tue 12-Jun-12 12:22:57

You didn't get implantation pains sue? I thought that was something of a necessity, would be (very!) nice to be wrong! Problem for me is my only successful pregnancy was with DD 6 years ago now, and as I wasn't trying to get pregnant at the time even if I had implantation pains then I wouldn't have known what it was, would just have suspected a dodgy tummy!! I have had what I assumed were implantation pains for every one of the 5 pregnancies I've had in the past 18 months though, all of which of course failed.

I confess though, I wouldn't be at all surprised if I wasn't pg this cycle, for not enough SWIing. I just really didn't feel like it this time, and to be honest my whole libido has taken something of a nosedive in the past few months (poor OH). We did SWI the day following the trigger shot and the next day (which was when Mr S said to DTD), but that's it. I just really didn't want to. Rubbish of me, I know, but I'm really very fed up with this whole process - as I have no doubt everyone is! kittens Really feeling for you with dealing with grief too, as well as this TTC lark. Hoping the counsellor is helping you deal with some of it at least.

sue crossing fingers for your scan on Thursday. Come on that beanie! smile

buzzybee123 Tue 12-Jun-12 13:34:56

kittens thank you, i've pm'd you. I'm postponing my cycle this month as DH is having a little op on Monday so I need to give him a bit of time to recover so I've upped my cyclogest although I've had a bit of spotting. I start on the Gonal f early next week. Can I ask why you are on the Tamoxifen too??? I've been away for 2 weeks so unsure of what has been happening but I have found counselling a great help, big hugs

sue fingers crossed for your scan

Havingkittens Tue 12-Jun-12 13:44:03

Ah, tamoxifen too, I guess because I didn't have any ripe follies last time so they're taking extreme action! Not very good blood test (FSH & LH) recently either so I probably need all the help I can get.

buzzybee123 Tue 12-Jun-12 14:14:57

kittens were you on the gonal f last time?? I was just on 80mgs on Tamoxifen and it didn't do anything for me. I think i'm on .75mgs of gonal f ??

Havingkittens Tue 12-Jun-12 14:59:43

No, I was on 7.5mg Letrozole. Now I'm on 80mg Tamoxifen and the same dose as you of Gonal F.

buzzybee123 Tue 12-Jun-12 15:50:19

ah I see, I suppose i'll have to wait and see what happens with the Gonal F, I'm hoping it works, good luck with your scan next week, let us know how it goes

suemays Tue 12-Jun-12 21:06:50

ari I had no implantation pains or any other symptoms at all so I was shocked when I got a bfp! My first pregnancy 5 years ago with DD I had no symptoms either and didn't realise I was pregnant until around 8 weeks. I had implantation bleeding at 4 weeks and thought I had a light period after stopping the pill a few weeks before.
Thanks for the wishes of good luck for the scan on thurs. I have been frantically knicker checking over the last two days.

Good luck with all the folly scans etc. Its so draining with all the TTC etc.

CareBear1 Wed 13-Jun-12 09:46:39

Ari, not long till sunday. I was interested in reading what you're doing regarding alternative methods. I spent 8 months last year following a whole chinese medicine philosophy approach. Have you read 'The Infertility Cure' by Randine Lewis? It gives the chinese explanation alongside the western explanation for all things fertility, e.g. there is a chapter on immune system and what the chinese medicine explanations are for problems in this area. Very interesting. I did weekly acupuncture, diet changes, tablet herbs, meditation etc and I did notice lots of improvements to my cycles. Ultimately I got a bit frustrated it hadn't worked and have resorted back to some good ol hard drugs, but I still have a box of herbs next door I haven't used yet. I may well go back to it if this SO business doesn't work.

Kittens, I am interested in the numerology prediction too, I can't help thinking there is something in things like that. I love horoscopes and all that, with a pinch of salt. After all, if the moon can control the tides! So June it is, fingers crossed for your scan next week.

As for symptom spotting, my usual day 4-6 dpo sensations of tugging etc have stopped and I think I now feel a mixture of progesterone and prednisolone! Such a shame we can't have a mini webcam to have a look at what's going on. I really should be used to this by now but still manage every month to get caught up in the am I / aren't I. Failure sure that I'm not.

Buzzy are you taking gonal F in preparation for the following month then?

Suemays good luck for the scan tomorrow.

Cubhouse I'm on Mr S's SO plan and I haven't had MC's, but did have suspected implantation failure, so he tested me for NKC cells and put me on the SO plan which is letrozole (for me) plus monthly scan etc. His main interest seems to be the immunology and NKC cells, though they didn't do any screening of why I wanted to see him when I made the appointment and I bet he wouldn't turn patients away!

buzzybee123 Wed 13-Jun-12 10:18:14

carebear i'm having to postpone AF this month as Mr B is having a minor op on Monday and since SO I now ovulate early, so I've doubled the progesterone, hopefully next week(if I can hold off the ERTD)I'll start on the Gonal F for the first time, I have to say the progesterone is making me feel crap. I'm also having acupuncture and taking herbs, it hasn't made any difference to my cycles but has really helped with my migraines

Havingkittens Sat 16-Jun-12 20:26:55

buzzy, just to warn you, I've found the biggest side effect of the Gonal F is extreme fatique. I'm getting ridiculously tired this week. The penny has only just dropped that that's what was causing it. Very much like pregnancy tiredness, where is it suddenly really quite overwhelming and all I can think of is how soon I can lie down or go to bed. Have also been very thirsty and weeing an awful lot. So all in all, not dissimilar to pregnancy!

buzzybee123 Sat 16-Jun-12 20:36:39

kittens thanks to be honest that is how I feel on the double progesterone right now, It really takes it out of me. Have you had your scan yet??

This thread is not accepting new messages.