TTC Super Ovulation part 2

(1000 Posts)
suemays Thu 17-May-12 17:45:12

hey ladies,

There are a few of us who are ttc after mc's, however there will be ladies out there who are also ttc for the first time or second or third without success. If anyone is on, considering or had success on a super ovulation programme then do join us. How long did it take ? Did you try IUI with it.. ? Did you have PCOS?

Kicking this off and hoping some of you will join....

part 1 here:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1385998-TTC-Super-Ovulation

Arianrhod Sat 19-May-12 10:59:36

Mmm I was thinking the exact same thing. Trouble is I don't think Mr S will believe there's anything in it - I expect him to say it's coincidence. Another hydroxy? Good idea! smile

Pebbles73 Sat 19-May-12 13:14:50

Just a quick one from me, Ari will be keeping fc that the line gets stronger. For you as well Sue. Goes to show u were all right about thd pred stopping you getting a bfp!

I am due to test Wednesday, tempted to test tomorrow but my dh says I should wait and think he is right. I am completely bricking it!!!

buzzybee123 Sat 19-May-12 13:18:16

ari congrats, I an't say all that vit e and l'arginine has made any difference to me, AF is as light as always

Abney Sat 19-May-12 16:22:24

Hi all,

Just pulled over the last list. Obviously needs updating so feel free.

Duggs pred 7 & SO 4
Pebbles pred 1 & SO 1
Snoopy (on hold) pred 7 & SO 2 (not doing SO this month) Testing 2nd/3rd May
euro pred 5 & SO 3, now on IUI
Kittens Pred 10, not ovulating on SO3, waiting for FSH test & changing treatment next cycle (13 months overall on pred, but inc 2 month and 1 month break so far)
Abney SO3 - Last SO scan 14/5. Left ovary no follies. Right 2 (1 20 mm and shaded so Dr S does not consider there to be an egg inside) on Letrozole 7.5. Waiting to test for BFP from 25th May onwards.
Suemays pred - 3 rounds then had a CP, 3 further SO then another CP in March (total of 6 months on preds). On 2 month wait.
Carebear1 SO 1
Arianrhod SO 1 waiting for first scan 5th May

CareBear1 Sat 19-May-12 17:14:53

Ari, Sue and Pebbles best of luck from me.

Regarding the letrozole how did other people find it? I felt a really awful scraping sensation in my bones while i was taking it, so re-read the information sheet and it does say it can cause thinning of the bones. I am slightly worried about taking it month after month. I'd be interested to know if others felt this sensation or not and whether it worried you or not.

Pebbles73 Sun 20-May-12 09:15:10

Well I gave in and tested last night and got a very faint bfp!! Have tested fours days early and wasn't a first response just the standard hospital one and a clear blue. Am half excited as even though faint is only the third time in many years have seen a bfp but obviously very scared as I know it could ammount to nothing and end up being a chemical or mc.
Looks like am in the same boat as you Sue & Ari and will have to wait and see. Will test again on Wednesday which is my official test date. Have either of you tested again this morning?

Care I never had that when I took letrezole, it is probably worth emailing Louise to see what she says?

duggs1976 Sun 20-May-12 11:02:54

Bloody exciting pebbles, sue, ari is a step in right direction. Was so dull us all having BFN's all the time. Now pebbles is it worth you upping your pred dose to 40mg just for a few days what do u reckon?

duggs1976 Sun 20-May-12 11:05:27

BTW I know anything can happen but you ladies are giving me much needed hope. Am thinking of all 3 of you grinxxx

Arianrhod Sun 20-May-12 11:36:03

pebbles fabulous news, so there's 3 of us with the same thing. Although .. the Clearblue tests aren't as sensitive as the First Response are they, so you must have more hCG in your system to get a faint BFP with a Clearblue than I must have to get a faint one on the FRER. Plus what day past egg transfer are you? And how far past that would be your 'official' test date? I am of course concerned that I was 12dpo and only got a faint line - sue you were two days earlier than me and got the same, right? I did however test on 10dpo with a 'first step' test which is supposed to be sensitive to 10miu and got a negative (I did that to check the ovitrelle was out of my system) so I wonder if it's just that I implanted later than usual? I don't know, I had some cramps 8dpo but put that down to the gluten-free diet I've been doing this week!

I haven't tested again today, no, I'll wait till tomorrow as that will be 14dpo and if this is any kind of 'real' pregnancy the line should be stronger. If its not then I presume that it's another chemical. I'll have to take advice from Louise at that point as to whether to throw away another £350 try the intralipids again or not.

Why is nothing ever straightforward?!

Pebbles73 Sun 20-May-12 14:53:38

Thanks DuggsI think will stick with the 25mg pred to be honest seeing as I am only high and not very high. My allergies ie eczema/hayfever\asthma have gone at the mo so am assuming the pred is doing its job. Other than that I hjnave been eating shit loads of seeds/nuts/avocado's/eggs for the omega 3. As I don't eat much fish other than tuna will just have to carry on with plenty of the above!

Thanks Ari, I am 10 days post embryo transfer so still early and official test date is Wednesday. I just did a frer and only marginally darker. Funny as when I had a bfp in October I got a better positive on the clear blue than frer. Will defo not test until Wednesday and hopefully will have got darker. I need to email Louise for another clexane prescription and am going to ask if it's worth me chucking some intralipids at this as well.hmm
You are very good holding off testing again today. grin

suemays Sun 20-May-12 20:22:59

Pebbles brilliant news for you! Lets hope the 3 of us have some luck at last. I am dreading testing tomorrow!

Havingkittens Mon 21-May-12 00:00:50

Ooh pebbles, exciting!

suemays Mon 21-May-12 06:56:02

Did another test today and a lovely dark line appeared. I don't want to read too much into it yet as I know this could still fail but my two cps never had a strong a line as this one. Plus I am still only 13dpo today. Going in for intrallipids as planned so I will prob be on this thread a lot today!

Arianrhod Mon 21-May-12 09:07:22

Well done sue, really rooting for you smile

Posted on the other thread, but basically mine seems to have turned out to be yet another chemical as my FRER this morning has such a very faint line you can barely see it, so my hCG has obviously dropped from Saturday, although no sign yet of AF arriving. Bugger. Back to the drawing board.

Pebbles73 Mon 21-May-12 14:03:30

Fantastic news sue!!! grin i know there are a lot hurdles to get through but at least you know it is going in the right direction. You must have been a bit relieved this morning seeing that?

Ari am so sorry yours didn't get stronger, will you carry on testing just to be sure? Hope you are ok.

I am testing again on wednesday and praying for a stronger line, still feeling really shattered particularly in the morning.

Havingkittens Tue 29-May-12 14:42:13

Quiet round here innit?

Arianrhod Wed 30-May-12 10:14:20

I think everyone's been posting on the pred thread instead smile

Pebbles73 Thu 31-May-12 18:02:49

Hello thought I would join you. How did your hysteroscopy go kittens or have you not had it yet?

Feeling crap today, also since I stopped the steroids got a load of spots/ rash on my face!

How is everyone else doing???

Arianrhod Fri 01-Jun-12 10:17:30

Hey pebbles, isn't it bizarre what the steroids do to us! They always give me spots yet when I stop taking them, my eczema (which I only very rarely get) comes back in full force, like my NK cells have redoubled their attack.

Sorry you're feeling so rubbish, big hugs.

Just found out yesterday that a good friend of mine died from a suspected heart attack the day before, so I'm feeling even more cr@p than I already was. He was my age, and one of the nicest guys I've ever known. What a rubbish time it is for so many of us right now, please let there be some good news really soon?!

CD10 scan today, will be interesting to see if the Letrozole somehow overrides my body's usual time to recover after a chemical since in the normal course of things I wouldn't be naturally ovulating for another couple of weeks yet after a chemical. We'll see.

Pebbles73 Fri 01-Jun-12 10:40:44

Strangely I gave also had a really bad heat rash from the sun that has blistered on my arm. I look like I have leprosy(not sure if that's how you spell it!). I never burn and tan easily so can only think its hormones.

Ari I am sooo sorry, what a terrible thing to happen to somebody so young!! I think you are the one who needs big hugs and yes let's hurry up and get some good news on here!!!

Havingkittens Fri 01-Jun-12 10:59:46

Thanks for asking pebbles, the hysteroscopy results were good. No scarring but lining a bit thin. I wasn't on the progynova this month but that seems to be doing the job of building my lining when I do take it so should be no probs there. my AF is due next weekend so I will be back on the SO mission with my revised treatment. So, just have to wait about 3 weeks to see if there's any egg action and what Mr S makes of my blood tests.

ari I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It's so jarring to loose a good friend, especially when they are your age. It just doesn't seem right. Big hug to you. x

Arianrhod Fri 01-Jun-12 15:16:07

Great news on the hysteroscopy kittens, although not so good that it hurt sad I wonder what it is about the hysteroscopy that promotes fertility afterwards? Fingers crossed that it does the trick for you!

Thanks both, it was a shock, and such a nice guy too. The world isn't a fair place, we know that, but still.

Well, I had my scan, and surprisingly it was just fine, despite the chemical pregnancy. I had two follies both at 15mm which considering this is only day 10 and I usually ov at day 14 Mr S said was exactly right, and my lining was 9mm. So that's either the l-arginine/vit E combination doing it's stuff or the fact that I haven't taken steroids for 2.5 cycles now. My S pronounced himself very pleased with both follies and lining. Glad my body's doing something right, even if it can't get and stay pregnant for longer than a couple of days!

Ho hum, on with the next bit ...

Hope everyone's planning to kick back and enjoy the long holiday, crossing fingers the weather decides to cooperate and stay fine!

suemays Fri 01-Jun-12 21:54:43

kittens so glad the hysteroscopy went well. It's a relief to see a nice clean womb isn't it!? I had a lot of bloating after mine too but I think it's all the water they pump into you. I had period pains for a few days later too. Louise at nlc said they often see a bfp straight after the procedure it's as if it clears the way for the embryo. My lining was a bit thin on my first SO cycle so I started taking selenium. I don't know if it helped but my lining was fine on the 2nd go.

ari sorry to hear about your friend passing away. Nothing prepares you for a close death and on top of everything else you are having thrown at
you recently. It's great you have two good size follies lets hope this month will be the one for you.

pebbles I also got greasy skin on the meds but not sure which one it was!

pinkdragon Mon 04-Jun-12 22:24:53

Sorry have been away ages so just been catching up on all the posts. Thanks to whoever commented about Letrozole and long cycle......I was on my first month last month and didn't OV til about CD30. Now af has arrived 10dpo. So am gutted. Practically a double length cycle for nothing.

Hope everyone is doing ok

pinkdragon Mon 04-Jun-12 22:27:58

oh it was Eurochick....thanks for your comment. What did Mr S up your Letrozole to after your first cycle?

This thread is not accepting new messages.