The All New TTC whilst Breastfeeding Support Thread

(1000 Posts)
haloflo Thu 17-May-12 12:52:09

Have a breastfed baby or toddler? Why not try for another one?! Who needs sleep anyway?

Come join us whether you are waiting for your first period in months or are are a few months into trying.

FredKiller Sun 30-Dec-12 12:28:34

Oh and DS has been feeding ridiculous amounts over Christmas. It's like having a newborn all over again. He's 18mo and no obvious signs for it. Maybe it's all the lack of routine, endless visitors and daddy being around that's thrown him. Anyone else's baby reacted to Christmas like this?

FredKiller yes, mine is night weaned but we are back to co-sleeping all night for the last week. She would wake up around 10-12pm and unable to fall back asleep again. DH has been kicked out to the spare room sad.

BigBoPeep Sun 30-Dec-12 18:43:11

yes mine's been through a (brilliant) phase of about 5 feeds in 24hrs, and all workmanlike feeds - on, feed, off.

now we're back to if not every five mins like a newborn, much more comfort suckling.

Jakeyblueblue Sun 30-Dec-12 19:03:36

B6 has def lengthened my LP Fred, get it from boots and I've took 4x 10mg tabs plus the 10 mg in my prenatal vits. So 50 mg in total. Thinking of pushing it up to 60 mg this cycle to see if I can get it back to 14 days. It was 12 this cycle after being only 10 for monthssad. My AF has been much more like a pre pregnancy one too. Normal length and flow unlike previous cycles where it was scanty and only lasted two days. Obviously a decent lining has had a chance to build up so I'm pleased. Def works!!!
Ds Is also feeding all the time too so it's not down to a drop in feeds either.
My moon cup has arrived and I've tried it on last day of AF and its a revelation! Proper impressed! Only bought it to keep the swimmers in the right place but think I might use it every month. smile

Now I'm really tempted about the mooncup. Even if it doesn't work for the swimmers it's not a total waste of money. And every little helps.

jennimoo Sun 30-Dec-12 21:07:20

I love the mooncup, only thing that contains my AF!

I still seem to be pg so need to move on now I suppose sad have found the due date thread but does anyone know if there's a bf ing one? Or shall I start one and see you all there soon?

Zoon Sun 30-Dec-12 22:03:46

Start one jenni!
Guess I am off too. Thanks for all the help and support guys.
Hope you all get pregnant very soon.
Xxx

All the best zoon and jennimoo. Hope you join you soon smile

Jakeyblueblue Sun 30-Dec-12 22:40:07

I think you should both stay and keep us in the know about what's to come! grin
Hopefully we can turn this thread into a pregnant am bf thread instead smile

BigBoPeep Mon 31-Dec-12 12:50:49

agree with jakey - you should stay and keep us in the loop! grin

Jakeyblueblue Mon 31-Dec-12 21:13:54

My first three temps have been all over the place confused
Anything I can do to put this right? Haven't been able to test at the same time due to the milk monster and my lack of three hours sleep in a row! Been doing it when I wake after my biggest stretch of sleep without being pestered for milk. This is usually between 2.30 to 5.30 - 6. hmm

jennimoo Mon 31-Dec-12 21:19:46

Ill stuck around but have started an antenatal thread too.

Jakey, stick with it, the temps might still show the temp shift you need. It's based on the averages over the last however many so doesn't always need to look flat. Hope you get crosshairs soonsmile

How's everyone? DH is so poorly he's in bed all day today. Lucky it's not in my fertile period or I'd be very angry. I'm having an imaginary pregnancy again today as I can't stop eating the fudge. Food craving and hunger are early pregnancy symptoms aren't they?

BigBoPeep Tue 01-Jan-13 18:08:26

i am also having an imaginary one...but I think its just bloating from pigging out over crimbo hehe grin I keep swinging from yes to no about it all so not made any special effort to dtd!

Jakeyblueblue Tue 01-Jan-13 18:36:41

Been on call all day today which wasn't so good but otherwise I'm good thanks!
I'm def not having an imaginary pregnancy today as just finished AF but was looking at imaginary holidays for next christmas with the imaginary baby earlier hmm
When are you guys testing then? It's just dawned on me that If you both have real pregnancies this month and I don't, then I will be here on the imaginary pregnant and breastfeeding thread all alone sad

BigBoPeep Tue 01-Jan-13 20:09:31

I only venture to town from The Wild every so often, so testing depends on when I next go somewhere civillised grin And only on the basis of having dtd the day before getting a little ewcm...I wouldn't get too worried about being lonely jakey ;)

My AF is due on the 5th and I hope I can wait 4-5 days after that to test. I bought some from boots because I was so sure I was pregnant. (And I can't wait for shipment from online ones). Then AF came when I got home from shopping sad

Jakeyblueblue Tue 01-Jan-13 20:45:59

Where on earth are you bo peep grin

BigBoPeep Tue 01-Jan-13 20:48:00

a sheep farm in yorkshire grin at least a half hour drive from shops...

Jakeyblueblue Tue 01-Jan-13 20:58:18

How exciting! smile
I can send you one in the post if you like! grin

BigBoPeep Wed 02-Jan-13 10:28:04

lol it's not that bad, thanks anyway, I might go tomorrow or friday! Really I guess I should order a cupboardful cheap online? But then the temptation to test everyday would be overwhelming grin

Yes I would recommend ebay grin

BigBoPeep Thu 03-Jan-13 17:45:47

ugh...horrendous migraine today sad seem to remember getting headaches early on last time....hmm? grin

we were discussing our financial situation yesterday and dp casually said maybe it'd be better if we just stuck to one - it came out of the blue and i literally nearly burst into tears!? (not like me at all)

jennimoo Thu 03-Jan-13 19:00:25

I had a headache a few days before my BFP. That and dodgy tummy. Good luck!

BigBoPeep Fri 04-Jan-13 18:00:49

aw BFN.

at least i've started making an effort to get more solids into her now though...

This thread is not accepting new messages.